Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Just hanging around.; [Open]
Topic Started: May 18 2016, 08:57 PM (457 Views)
Momo
Member Avatar
I deny your deniability.
... It was a wonderfully sunny day. Which meant it was hot, which meant it was humid. Which meant that the entire area would be covered in lightly dressed people. Which meant that there would be those enjoying the sun. Which meant there was laughter, which meant there was fun.

Kuuki hated fun. Well, that was besides the point right now. On the great bridge, hanging by a thread on her clothing was none other than a young girl, her white hair fluttering in the wind as the sun shined brightly upon her visage. What visage, you may wonder? Well, as I said before, she was hanging from the bridge. No, that's not a joke of sorts, that's not a weird thing the kids say. On the side of the bridge Kuuki's shirt seemed to be stuck on a jutting piece of the bridge. Well, stuck is a harsh word, where it not for that she'd definitely fall down into the great depths below. And the clincher here is simple, Kuuki can't swim.

How did this get into this precarious situation you ask? Why, to find the answer we have to go back a bit.

2 hours earlier

"What a pain..." A young girl's voice spoke out as she was passing over the bridge. Yes, that's right, she was walking over the bridge. Reasons not included she clearly wasn't doing it off her own volition. Well, the reason itself was quite bland, something of hers blew away with the wind into this direction, and she has been sluggishly following it ever since. Now, were she some ace track and field runner... no, like, were she any other ordinary person she'd have probably gotten the thing by now. But this is Kuuki we were talking about, the 'doesn't like to put effort into anything' Kuuki.

"Ah..." She noised, as the paper suddenly flew upwards and over the bridge... Well, that wasn't going to stop her. She climbed over the edge and grabbed it, luckily it flew backwards into her direction. Amazingly, she finally succeeded in getting the thing she had been walking after for a the past fifteen minutes. How dreadful, walking for this long already.

That said, during her efforts Kuuki had made a slight error. Yes, she had grabbed the paper, but she hadn't noticed that there was no ground below her feet at the moment. As she fell down she sighed, how bothersome. She'd brace herself for impact but it'd take too much effort.

"So this is how I die... oh well." She merely said as she plummeted down... only, she didn't reach the bottom. Miraculously her somewhat sturdy shirt had caught on to a jutting area of the bridge. How wonderful... now what. Well, someone would notice soon, she really didn't want to put in the effort to call for help or try to climb up...

The present

Yes, she had been hanging here for a few hours already. Seeing that she was hanging from the side of the bridge, it made sense that no one would notice her if she didn't call out for help. Indeed, she had been so blissfully unnoticed that she wondered if she would tan. Would people think she went on summer vacation afterwards? No that's impossible, she'd been there the day before, all she'd return with is a sunburn not a tan. Oh well...

If she didn't do something though she'd be hanging here for a long long time...
"... Eh, this is fine." She merely said as she was hanging. She'd hate to put in any real effort, after all. She had the paper, at least. What was said paper you might ask?

Of course, it was the shopping list her sister gave her. Oh, that's right, she had to do grocery shopping. Why this much effort for a simple list? What are you talking about, silly. There's no way she'd remember anything that's written down, and her sister would get mad if she forgot something. Clearly this is the much safer route.

Well, probably.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

"Just hang in there, it is not like you are gonna fall right now..."

Someone has just taken seat next to her. A thick tail resting between them, and the woman with horns was on the thick end of the tail. This time however, she was wearing jeans shorts and a crimson tank top. "You are lucky that you are simply hanging around. Most people lack this fortune, or have the fortune of not being held. However I think sacrificing their own life is a true waste of life."

"In case you wonder, I was flying about, saw you through the corner of my eyes, decided to stop for a small talk and to ask if you need help. I can pull you up, but don't ask me to drop you down. Finishing a life is not in my plans. Ever.", her previously humorous tone gone serious as she went on the possibility that this girl was suicidal.

There was something odd about this woman's presence... It was anything but human, there was no humanity in her. A devil maybe? Would she ask Kuuki for a contract in exchange for help? Who would know?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Momo
Member Avatar
I deny your deniability.
She had gained a compatriot in her endeavour. Only, her compatriot wasn't hanging, nor was she in trouble... Traitor. That's no fair, why was she here if she wasn't in trouble. Hm? To help her... oh, yeah. She was in trouble herself, kinda. Well, she didn't feel in trouble, but then again, it's not like she feels much. Oh, the other person was talking to her, she'd probably have to listen to her talk...

How bothersome... Well, she probably shouldn't say that to her, though. "How bothersome..." Or do say it, whatever. So what was that she said, she was flying and saw her, and was wondering if she needed help. Heh, well she probably did need help. It's not like she'd be able to get up by herself. So the natural course of action was to say yes and ask her to bring her up. Indeed, there was no other course of action that would be suggested in this case. After all, falling meant drowning, and hanging here for any longer meant she wouldn't be able to do groceries.

"Hah? The heck you want, can't you see I'm busy..." Oy, Kuuki. No matter how anti-social you are and how much you dislike others, this is NOT the time for that. Also, you're totally not busy, you'be been counting the seconds for 3 hours straight! You can't just lie cause you don't want to get involved with her. "Does it LOOK like I need help?." Uhm... Yes? It does? You don't have wings and you can't fly, you're stuck and seemingly about to fall any second now. You definitely look like you need help.

Kuuki, please, for your own safety, just ask for help. "And to suggest I was trying to kill myself, god you're a pain." Oh yes, antagonize the lass will you. Well, I guess that was it, you're just asking for her to drop you now. Well, at least she hasn't insulted her yet. She usually does that to persistent people. Luckily she's somewhat aware she can't be calling the other party names. If she did that she'd actually be stuck here forever.

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

"Playing the tough girl, ain't ya? Not wanting to butt into your business or anything, but it is not the fall that kills, you know... And do you HONESTLY want me to remind you of your position?", her tone has dropped from gentle warm to harsh cold from Cocytus as soon as she felt like reminding this girl of her situation.

Her tail was still hanging with arms reach for Kuuki, it was just give a little stretch and pull on it. Seemed strong enough to withstand her weight and would have a firm grip... Problem is: do you REALLY want to risk pissing a demon woman off? Those claws looked like they could do some damage...

Sure, Nova was changing her tone and expression, but she was really willing to save this girl no matter what. Suicidal or not, she would not let her die here.

Momo
Member Avatar
I deny your deniability.
"If your intention was to not butt into my business then you've already failed." She cuts through her words, annoyance in her voice. Kuuki didn't like asking for help, she didn't like asking for anything. Well, she didn't really like anything at all. That said, what she liked least of all is asking help of someone that talks down on you without knowing the entire situation. What? That's kind of specific? Don't worry about it.

"I'll be just fine on my own..." She mumbled, as she wriggled a bit and tried to climb up... yeah, that didn't work. Her arms couldn't even reach where she was supposed to grab the climb back up. Well it looked kind of amusing seeing a young girl like her struggle to climb up after refusing help like that.

"Curse these short and dainty arms, what a pain." She said, somewhat annoyed. If only she was a little taller, she could've easily climbed up. But then again, if she was a little taller and heavier she'd probably not be able to be stuck like this in the first place. The only reason why she hasn't fallen yet is cause she's so dainty and small. She weighs just a little heavier than a bag of rice after all.

"Heh, a minor setback. I'm not about to ask someone like you for help." Just admit that you can't get out of there on your own and ask for help. It's not that hard to simply say 'Alright, could you bring me up.'. It's a short sentence, it'd probably require less effort to do exactly that. In fact, you'll get carried up by this bird looking person. She looks strong, harpies and such are pretty popular too. So why don't you just concede and ask for help?

"You know what, I'm fine here. Hanging like this is just fine." Oy vey, you've given up entirely? You're settling with the fact that you're going to be stuck there? You're impossible, Kuuki. Just, whatever, do what you want. Go ahead and hang there for days till you die of starvation or the fire department pulls you out of there forcefully. See if I care, I'm just the narrator.

"..." Silence.

Oh come on! Kuuki!

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

"Oh come on! Stop with the tough girl act already, grab my tail and climb up!", suddenly her tone was quite moody, and her tail waving closer to Kuuki, "You do not want to die here! If you did, you would have ensured your drop already! ... Besides, I will be able to sit here ALL day and ensure you that you won't die."

Nova looked away for a moment... Or not? Through the corner of her eyes, she would peek at Kuuki and quickly shift them away the moment she noticed Kuuki was observing her eyes, if she did. ... A pensive expression took over, but her alertness did not falter. She stopped playing around, focused her eyes on Kuuki.

These eyes felt different now... It was like an animal watching a human being. Like a bird who got curious of what a this girl was doing. "Tell me, how much alive are you?", oh, this was certainly a new tone! Curiosity, full of a will to know, to understand.

Momo
Member Avatar
I deny your deniability.
As the bird girl's tone changed, so did Kuuki's expression. She looked at her with annoyance and this glare of contempt. Well, as much contempt as someone in a position like her could show, that is. "Act? I don't 'act'. That's way too bothersome, in fact, talking to you is way too bothersome too. Leave me alone already." Kuuki said, in response to the bird's cackles.

T'was then that her aura changed. Probably, Kuuki can't see aura's but the bird suddenly started acting a lot more... what's the word? Less annoying? Nah, that's not it. She was still an annoyance after all. Well whatever, it seemed like the bird changed, and with it, Kuuki's expression changed as well. From her glare, back to her deadpan gloom. As if she had gotten bored... or more like, tensing her facial muscles like that was bothersome. She didn't want to keep it up for too long.

A question came from the new bird, and boy was it a weird one. Was this one of those guru's that thinks about spiritual stuff and all? Well, answering was bothersome but she'd probably keep bothering her if she didn't. Which would be more bothersome. Overall, weighing the two options against each other, answering the question would expend the least amount of effort.

"Huh? I'm already dead, kind of. Maybe?" Well that's not really a good answer. But it's true that Kuuki doesn't understand fully on why she is still alive. "Now leave, talking to you makes me want to fall down. You're bothersome." Well that's not very nice. Of course, Kuuki isn't a very nice person. Well, she's not a mean person either, or at least, doesn't intend to be. It's just that she doesn't have many happy moments so please don't hold it against her.

Well, it's not like anyone would know such a thing so to others it's just that Kuuki is a truly negative person. Don't invite her to parties... well, she wouldn't show up if she were invited. Don't drag her to parties, she'd probably bring the mood down.

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

Getting up without a word she walked over to stand above where Kuuki was still being held by nothing but her luck. "Kind of? There is no such thing as Kind of. You either are or not. I tell you this, I'm very much alive and glad to be, because death is something I am denied and once had to face something even worse than death. Now without further ado..."

She jumped off. Nova wasn't going to die, obviously. Making use of her wings, she maintained her height at Kuuki's level. "Let's stop hanging on the edge and step right up!", the woman would wrap her arms around Kuuki and take her out of this situation.

There was something odd about Nova, something that could be felt... A different aura, out of this world. And it was not because she was a demon alone, but also because of another thing.

Momo
Member Avatar
I deny your deniability.
Oh great, she was getting lectured now. It's not like she knew the current state of her living-ness. She died, and then she woke up and wasn't dead. But she definitely died, so she is kind off dead. That's a logical conclusion and she didn't need all this sass. Well, whatever, the bird started doing something in front of her. Oh, she's dropping her, well, it was a fruitful life.

Oh, she's not dropping her but helping her? "Why the heck are you helping me? Are you a masochist? Do you enjoy doing things people tell you not to do? Weirdo." Kuuki, you are aware you are currently being carried and the only thing holding you safe right now is said girl you just called a weirdo, right?

Well, luckily for Kuuki, this girl was a good person. Probably, who knows. Kuuki merely scoffed as she was being carried up... "Your feathers are itchy, you are way too deep into my personal space. I didn't ask for you help, I'm perfectly able to do it myself. All this extra work you're doing is simply a wasted effort. God, why are you so bothersome." For someone that didn't like talking, she sure can say things that aren't supposed to be said.

"And why the heck are your breasts pressing into me, are you trying to show off? Huh, show off to this flat and small chibi girl? You sure have guts to act like that don't you? Who do you think you are? God you're such a pain. How bothersome." Oh now she's just complaining about the small things. And no, I'm not talking about her body. It seemed not being in a dangerous situation anymore allowed her to let loose all those things she was holding in earlier.

Well, she's technically still in a dangerous position though. After all, this harpy like stranger can easily pick her up, so who knows what else she can do. Complaining so much might foul her mood and then who knows what's going to happen. Well, whatever, we all know Kuuki isn't the type of person to care about that.

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

Once she had safely placed Kuuki back on the bridge, Nove did... Not show any sign of irritation. In truth, now she was really showing her genuine feelings, curious, observing... But then proceeded to honestly answer her questions, as if all the insults had completely missed her.

"Because I live to help, it is an eternal debt I bounded myself to. I am a bit of a masochist at times. I only contradict them when it is necessary for their lives. I'm not trying to show off, and in truth you and I are not so much different when I'm my other self. You also had the guts to defy help when needed, that would have got you killed if I weren't me. I am Nova Kae-de Suzaku, some people would call my kind 'Gods', but we don't accept this title."

The expository banter was delivered in a blunt sequence of responses to the questions, without any care. "Listen, if you have the will to live, you are very much alive. Treat your life with care, even if you have to depend on others. If you abandoned all the will to live, then you are dead. Think a lot about that.", now this was the lecture coming her way.

Momo
Member Avatar
I deny your deniability.
... Hm, this was quite strange. Not only did the other person safely set her on the bridge, she then went ahead and answered all of her ranting questions. A tough nut to crack, what would it take to get rid of her. Kuuki gazed at the girl with a dry and deadpan expression. Wait, go back a bit, she confirmed to being a masochist? Damn, this was going to be impossible! ... oh and I guess she said she was some sort of god too but whatever, no one cares about that.

"Ugh..." To be frank, she barely listened to all of it. She hated conversations and just wanted to be on her way now. Groceries to be done and all, and once again she was receiving a lecture on how life is precious and that people have to treasure it and shit.

"If there is a god, he'd strike me down. It beats having to listen to any more of this crap. What do you know, lecturing me over something you hold no visage on. You're bothersome, bothering me in a bothersome way." Was that her thing? Saying bothersome? Well, it's her true feelings. She was really bothered by this person.

"Now I shall get back to my erra- ... Hm?" Wait a second... wasn't she holding a paper before? Yeah, it said stuff like, what she had to buy. She totally had it, in fact, that's why she had gotten herself into that situation. But then, where did it...

"..." It fell. That's right, about an hour in she was too bothered to do anything so she relaxed. She totally dropped the paper... well there's no saving it now, it fell into the water. Even if by some miracle it was still together, the writing would be mere scribbles.

"Well, this is fine..." She didn't remember what to buy so she'd just grab some stuff. Should be fine, what did one need for groceries? Rice? Like a 25kg bag, right? That's more than half her weight... how bothersome. "... Guess we're eating bread tonight." She muttered, as she thought for a few seconds. She gave up, she totally gave up on her errands. You can't do that Kuuki, no matter how bothersome it is, at least try to remember some of the stuff on that list.

"Well then, I'm leaving now. Don't follow me, you... bird woman." She hadn't gotten her name, or did she? She probably did, somewhere in that entire monologue her name was said. That said, trying to recall her speech from before was bothersome in more than one way. So with that, she started walking towards the city... or so she intended to do. As soon as she set her first step her whole body wobbled and she fell down.

Oh, right... gravity. She'd been hanging there for so long her legs fell asleep.

How bothersome.

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

Nova rolled her eyes and shoved her hands into her jean shorts' pockets, watching as Kuuki had a fail moment, soon to be followed by another. "I died once, I recommend that for no one. On second thought... I faced a fate worse than death then, so... Yep, take my word for it. Dying sucks."

Walking past Kuuki, she didn't even look back as the girl lay there. "Try remembering the first letter of each item in order. Mom uses that trick to remember her list.", and thus Nova would continue on if this girl had nothing relevant to say or do to stop her from leaving.

Momo
Member Avatar
I deny your deniability.
... She lay there for a few minutes. She had not stopped the bird girl, after all, she wanted her to go away from the start. Still, once she regained feeling in her leg she really had to go do that thing her sister told her to do. First letter of each item in order?

Herring, natto, chocolate? ... No, that doesn't sound right. Don't buy that Kuuki, it's not what you need. I'm like, 100% certain. Of course, Kuuki would just figure it out as she went along. Standing up, a bit unbalanced, she held on to the railing and started walking. Nothing can hold her down, though this was quite the bother.

"Hmpf, if it's dying I've done that too... freaking hipsters." She mumbled, as she went on her way. Gloriously buying what she could remember from the list.

... That night, Kuuki got a scolding, and the Mashiro family's dinner was bread.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Great Miyazaki Bridge · Next Topic »
Add Reply

- Affiliates -
- Hosting and Directory Affiliates -
FreeDomain.co.nr
RPG-D
Shadowplay Topsites
RPG Initiative
- Forum Board Affiliates -
Senki Academy
Shinigami Generation
Avalon a Panfandom RP
Theme/Skin created by Menindrag. Find more great designs at the ZetaBoards Theme Zone.

All images and creative content on Senki Academy are properties of their respective creators. If you're a creator and object to seeing your content displayed on this site, please contact the admin. We respect your wishes as a creator and will honour all requests for content removal.