Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Not as Near as You Hope ~ Not as Far as You Think; Closed;Finfriend
Topic Started: Jul 4 2018, 11:25 AM (53 Views)
Legacy
Member Avatar
I lurk because I care
BANG. BANG. BANG.

"Oi! Open up!" Several additional thuds followed as an impatient foot collided repeatedly with the front door. "Tch, quit makin' me wait out here, I ain't got all day! What kinda crap business are you runnin' here, ya old fart?!" Just outside, Yoiko stood with a scowl on her face, her hands jammed angrily in her pockets as every few seconds she pounded down the door.

It was early afternoon and any normal person would be at home or out running errands (or going to school if they were anyone but Yoiko.) Yet here she was, banging like a crazed home invader on some stranger's door and it was all thanks to her. The 'reformed' delinquent had been so busy of late between getting extorted by a maniac murdering Robin Hood wanna be to assault a secret base under a warehouse and being carted off to a foreign school to fight werewolves in the woods she hadn't really paid much attention to her absence.

It wasn't until things had settled down that she visited that apartment, only to find everything moved out and no sign of her friend. No forwarding address, no phone number, no letters or messages. It was like she'd dropped off the face of the Earth...

And worse than that...

She had all her cheap, knock-off designer crap moved to Yoiko's dorm!

BANG. BANG. BANG.

"Get the lead out, crapface before I get it for ya!"

She's only acting that way because worried. I think.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Fin
Member Avatar
B-Rank in H
Click. Swing.

Well. Whoever inside definitely answered, at least.

It was an annoyed looking guy. Who also wasn't wearing anything except for a towel around his waist.

Look. Summer is here, it's hot, running the A/C is expensive and Seth would rather roll around in his apartment buck naked and cool rather than looking nice and presentable and swelteringly hot for any potential investigation client.

Which was the only reason he even bothered to cover himself up. Kind of. Whether or not it was going to lessen the chance of scaring away clients is another matter altogether. "...What?" The young man grumbled.

Legacy
Member Avatar
I lurk because I care
Yoiko stopped her foot mid-doorstomp as the lock clicked from the other side. She remained in that position even as it opened, but slowly lowered it even as her mouth fell open. "Er..." she stared, dumfounded and with growing horror.

Against her will, the image before her quickly burned itself into her memory.

Yoiko spun around, covering her face with all haste to avoid it, but it was too late. "S-Shit! I've got the wrong damn house or something! I was looking for a detective not some dirty flasher!" Didn't this guy feel embarrassed at all answering the door that way??

Adults were insane!

I-It's no good, that sight was in there for good!

Fin
Member Avatar
B-Rank in H
"I'm not flashing anything," The guy answered with a deadpan voice, because obviously, even if he was a bit too comfortable looking like that in his own place, he's not going to let the elephants loose on just anyone.

Only for some.

The idea sounds funny, though.

But no, he's not about to get arrested yet. So instead, he just did the next sensible thing anyone would do when a visitor decides to knock on their door. "You're looking for a detective, right?" Seth added, reaching out and grabbing the back of the girl's collar. "After that kind of heated and desperate cry for help, there's no way a man can just ignore it~"

He said it with a very creepy and evil looking grin, before dragging her into the house of darkness.

Legacy
Member Avatar
I lurk because I care
Yoiko turned back slowly, chancing a hesitant, dangerous glance through her fingers. Well, he did still have a towel on, but that barely qualified... "Even if you say that, you're basically not dressed at all!" Now it's true she's not really known for being a stickler about decorum or anything, but there were some things you just didn't joke about!

A maiden's purity was one of them!

"...Eh?" He caught her attention again when he mentioned a detective. So did he know one after all?

But what was with that look on his face?

And exactly when did he grab her?

And who was holding on to the towel??

Somehow he was stronger than any human had any right to be, and before she had a chance to scream, Yoiko was tore from the hallway into the abyss. Was this how she'd die?! It was way too lame!

Fin
Member Avatar
B-Rank in H
The door closed. The girl was let go, and...

...Well, it looked like just a normal apartment. A kitchen next to the front door, followed by the living room area at the center, balcony at the other side, and another door and a corridor to the side leading to the other rooms. A simple decor all around, with a coffee table at the center of the living room, a three-seater sofa, and a cheap LCD TV sat on a cabinet.

Bit untidy, though. Some lunch leftovers could be seen on the kitchen counter, some pillows and a blanket were strewn over the living room space, and various articles of clothing both inner and outer littered all around.

Seth was clearly not expecting, nor prepared, for any guests, if being in his state of undress wasn't enough of an indication. "Well?" The young man began, plucking one of the shirts on the floor, tossing it over his shoulder after flipping it around, and taking another one instead behind the sofa. "What's the case? Homework need done before tomorrow? Housekeeping, watch over your dog while you're away? Cooking for dinner?"

...Those doesn't sound like very detective tasks. At least he's wearing a shirt now, though, while looking around for a pair of something to wear for the bottom.

Legacy
Member Avatar
I lurk because I care
Yoiko's internal scream ceased almost as suddenly as it had silently erupted. There was no violent end, no theft of a maiden's dignity, not even a decent fight (though judging by his strength it wouldn't have been much of a fight at all.) Just a frumpy looking apartment with an equally shabby host.

Well, she'd heard detectives tended to live a bit messier than most people (not that she was one to talk), but she thought that sort of thing was mostly from movies...

"What a dump." Yoiko dealt with it in her usual, tactful fashion. "Are any of those things you mentioned really called cases or are you just a nanny?"

At least he was wearing a shirt now.

"No, I'm not interested in anything dumb like that! My friend is missing, alright? She hasn't contacted me in several days and her apartment has been cleaned out. All her crap got dumped in my dorm room and she's not answering any calls. " Her worry was masked by irritation as the tall blonde delinquent drummed her fingers angrily against her arm. "And don't gimme that 'she skipped town crap, I know for a fact she didn't have anywhere to go. Besides that, she'd definitely come to me if..."

Would she though? That girl could be really shifty...

"Anyhow, you're gonna help me find her, ya got it?!"

Fin
Member Avatar
B-Rank in H
And a towel was thrown at her face.

Seth is wearing pants, and he is now properly decent for the outside world.

"I got it, I got it," He answered, though he didn't seem too enthused about taking on a client. In fact, he actually flopped right down onto the sofa, pulled out his phone from between the cushion, brought it up to his ears and said, "Hello, police? I'd like to report a missing person,"

...Wait, so he's not even going to bother!

Legacy
Member Avatar
I lurk because I care
Slap.

Out went the lights. Combined with the slight dampness and that...

Oh f*ck!

Yoiko shrieked, ripping the towel off her face and turning a festive combination of red and green.

"What the hell are you a demon or something?! And is this what a guy smells like?! It's disgusting!!" Like a gross foot or something like a durian maybe? Nevermind that! Yoiko growled, coming up behind the old, weird pervert who'd dragged her into his scruffy apartment and sexually assaulted her no fewer than three times so far.

He'd quickly find a towel wrapped around his neck and pulled taught by an angry 'customer'.

"What the hell?! Are you an idiot or something?! If I wanted to call the cops I would've done that myself! Besides that I already tried to! One delinquent reporting another delinquent missing ain't exactly high on their priority list!" Against her better judgement, Yoiko let the towel go slack, giving a sigh of defeat. "Look, if you don't actually wanna help me, fine. I'll just beat you up and take you money and your stuff and find her myself." She leaned over the back of the sofa and stared the detective dead in the eye upside down.

"But I ain't leavin' without something."

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Suburban District · Next Topic »
Add Reply

- Affiliates -
- Hosting and Directory Affiliates -
FreeDomain.co.nr
RPG-D
Shadowplay Topsites
RPG Initiative
- Forum Board Affiliates -
Senki Academy
Shinigami Generation
Avalon a Panfandom RP
Theme/Skin created by Menindrag. Find more great designs at the ZetaBoards Theme Zone.

All images and creative content on Senki Academy are properties of their respective creators. If you're a creator and object to seeing your content displayed on this site, please contact the admin. We respect your wishes as a creator and will honour all requests for content removal.