Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
A Sight for Soaring Eyes; Open
Topic Started: Jul 4 2018, 02:47 AM (69 Views)
Nomad
Member Avatar

A bird circled high above the roof of Senki Academy. Ordinarily, this would not be of any significance, but for one girl, in particular, this was her way of taking a snippet of what awaited her before she entered the gates of her new high school. She was a dark-skinned lass with frizzy black hair and a single bag slung over her shoulder and another suitcase on wheels at her side. For the time being it was all that she had to her name. In the bag was an extra change of clothes and grooming essentials while the suitcase concealed her training bow and arrows. As soon as she found a suitable place to do so she would get some much-needed target practice in. For now getting situated took priority.

Any who saw the girl and decided to take a closer look would notice that something was off about her eyes. They were entirely white. It was as if they had no essence about them whatsoever. Well, that wasn't entirely without truth. Her eyes lacked any notable soul because her vision had been transplanted into the skies above.

"C'mon," Ivone groaned, "You've been in the same spot for too long. I wanna see more."

One could only tolerate looking at the same roof over and over for so long. The bird had no intention of exploring anywhere else along the campus and since she could not pilot it Ivone was simply out of luck. Her eyes fluttered and after a final blink, their sclera became filled with brown irises.

"Darn." Ivone pouted as she looked ahead at the school's main building. It was intimidating, going to a new school. Add in that she was in an entirely different country and that sent her anxiety skyrocketing far beyond the altitude of the bird's. "Looks like I'll have to go look around myself." she would end up having to ask someone for help. She knew it and wasn't looking forward to it.

After entering the school's gates she started to walk around aimlessly. "Looks a lot different down here." from above she could not make out the details of the myriad of students. Now that she was able to look at her peers face-to-face she felt her stomach churn. There were so many students and all of them were so different. It was too much for a small town girl to comprehend all at once.

Perhaps due to a case of information overload, she froze, having bit off more than she could chew.

"Uhm...anybody know the way to the front office?" she wasn't exactly sure if that was where she was supposed to go but it seemed like the best answer. She was supposed to let someone know that she had arrived. Right?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bonniecanuck
Member Avatar
Bonnie Bushi
"Oh, I can help," said a voice. It came from a girl with long black hair, who wore a crisp, clean uniform, and had a cool demeanour to her. Despite a vague sense of aloofness to her, she did seem intent on helping the other girl out. "It's in the building over there."

Lujza didn't see the girl enter the gate, but she could tell she was lost and confused and needed some guidance. She was empathetic - she had faced that situation just a few days ago herself. While she had ingratiated pretty well since, she was still getting her bearings and all the aspects of setting up her new life right. She wasn't exactly in the best position to help, but seeing as nobody else was offering, it seemed to fall on her by default.

Which was fine - she knew her way to the office thanks to her new friends, so there was a bare minimum which she could fulfill. But still, she might as well say that she wasn't entirely familiar either just for both of their sakes. "I'm new here too, so I'm still working out where's where, but I can show you to the office. Not a long walk."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Nomad
Member Avatar

As the other students passed by her, going about their merry way, Ivone felt that she had been caught in the middle of a stampede or an avalanche. C'mon Ivone this isn't like you. this couldn't be the same girl who dared to enter the dense Brazillian forests even at night. At least move before someone steps on you! this was her first day at a school. Getting injured would already be too embarrassing.

"Oh!" snapping her out of her stasis was the voice of what sounded like another girl. Caught entirely off guard Ivone jumped nearly a foot into the air before turning to face her. She laughed weakly as she tried to play off the fact that she just got spooked. Happens to the best. anyone could be surprised. It just so happened to be her turn.

Smiling gently as she was pointed in the right direction, Ivone clasped her hands together and bowed to the girl repeatedly with quick succession. "Thank you so much! You're such a lifesaver!" it was also a relief to learn that she wasn't the only new student as well. Stabilizing her composure, Ivone looked up to make contact with the other girl. "My name's Ivone! Today's literally like my first day and this place is so huge! I could tell just by looking at it from the sky! I got so overwhelmed!" she spoke fast and enthusiastically because now she was getting to meet someone new. It was like the shyness that once immobilized her was never there.

bonniecanuck
Member Avatar
Bonnie Bushi
Lujza watched as the girl genuflected to her. She smiled. "Happy to be of service." She let Ivone pick herself up before gesturing to lead the way. "It's nice to meet you, Ivone," she said. "My name is Lujza. I haven't been here too long here, but I had plenty of people to help me out. I'm more than sure it'll be the same for you."

She looked at the suitcase. "Would you like some help?" she offered. It was a bit of a surprise to her that Ivone wasn't carrying that much, and she wondered whether there was more to come, or that was definitely it. Probably wasn't a good idea to press her on it, but still, it seemed a bit of a curiosity. Or maybe Lujza was in the wrong by bringing so much. She wasn't sure. At least her room was well-furnished and her wardrobe well-stocked.

Lujza got underway, directing Ivone. She was straight to the point in directing her into the main building, and would help guide her further once they were inside.

Nomad
Member Avatar

As Ivone heard Lujza introduce herself she couldn't help but wonder where she was from. Neither of them was from Japan, that much was obvious, but she had never heard a name like her's before. That wasn't to say that her own was common, though the same was not applicable to her second surname which was clearly of Japanese origin. Ivone wondered how surprised others would get when she revealed to them that she was a quarter Japanese. She imagined that most probably wouldn't accept it. Maybe now was her chance to test the waters out.

"I appreciate it. Us newbies gotta stick together." she returned her smile as she thanked her for helping with the suitcase. "May not look like much. I'm just used to traveling light." she needed to remember that she was not running through the woods anymore and was now confined to city life. "Though maybe I should buy some more clothes, hah. Know any good places to shop around here?" in truth, she had prioritized her archery equipment so highly that she had forgotten to pack enough clothes. She also didn't anticipate receiving any help in carrying her belongings. She was lucky to have met another student so soon.

As they walked Ivone attempted to make small talk in an effort to get to know Lujza better. They were both new to the school so she didn't see why they couldn't become friends. "So do you like it around here?" she asked. It was more so of a research question. Ivone wanted to find out what the ups and downs of Senki Academy and by association Kaneshima Island were before exploring any further. Even though a bird's eye view extended pretty far, even it had its limits.

bonniecanuck
Member Avatar
Bonnie Bushi
"I can see that," said Lujza. "Still, travelling light and then buying clothes once you arrive isn't a bad idea either." As she offered, she took the handle of the suitcase and wheeled it. "I haven't gone clothes shopping yet, but from what I hear from my friends there's a good number of stores in Downtown, and the best places to look are the big department stores there. The Broadway district and suburban areas should have some smaller shops too, but they probably won't cover everything."

The weight and distribution seemed surprisingly uneven and light, though. As thought there were something inside. Not only that, it felt surprisingly familiar to her in a way...

Nah, perhaps it was just her. "Yeah, I really do!" she exclaimed. "It's not the same as back home, but it's got its own quirks and uniqueness and I like that about it. But it's taking a little bit of getting used to, with the scale of everything around." Japan was a lot more built up than she was familiar with, and sometimes she had to remind herself of that. But it didn't make going out any less an adventure in its own right.

The real problem for her was that there weren't any kosher shops, restaurants, or groceries, however, and with pork as prevalent as it was in Japan's meat diets, it lessened the diversity of her options. Luckily she could still eat fish, so she still had plenty of choice, but still, she couldn't help but feel a little uncomfortable given the strictness of her choice. Still, it was something she chose to live with as a Jew, and wouldn't compromise on.

"School life is fun," she added. "It's really lively, a lot more so than it was for me back home, and there's so many personalities and stories that you really can't find anywhere else."

Nomad
Member Avatar

"Cool," Ivone remarked in regards to what Lujza said about the availability of shops across the island. It seemed that she had a lot of options to choose from for when she did decide to go purchase more clothes. "I haven't got to see much of this place yet. I've only taken a brief look or two at it from above but other than I've only really looked at other areas of the island in passing." she kept talking about looking at things from above as if it were completely normal. For her perhaps it was.

She trailed behind Lujza closely and watched as she rolled her suitcase along. It wouldn't be harmful to tell her what was inside for she was passionate about it after all. "That's just my training equipment for archery," she informed her, "Can't wait to get some target practice in. I've been cramped up in a plane for hours." the walk was helping her stretch her legs. Some target practice would help her exercise her arms and get her focus back on track. "Wonder if they have a club for archery here?" it would be a good way to make some new friends by engaging with others in her chief hobby.

Ivone understood that living in a foreign place would take some getting used to. On one hand, it was nice for Ivone to finally to see the world outside of her small town. Brazil was a diverse place, but here Ivone was about to interact with those who were best described as atypical. She anticipated many adventures. "I'm from Brazil," she informed Lujza. They were both clearly foreigners so why not share the most obvious fact about themselves? "One thing I'm not looking forward to here is this thing called winter." she laughed at her own little joke. Of course, she knew what winter was but having come from a tropical country but she had never actually experienced it. Now that she was in a temperate climate she would have her chance, unfortunately.

There were many things about home she already missed. She had a large family that she would not get to see every day and familiar places that she would no longer get to go. She had no idea what awaited her in her future at Senki or on this island. She only hoped that everyone was as friendly as Lujza had been.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · School Grounds · Next Topic »
Add Reply

- Affiliates -
- Hosting and Directory Affiliates -
FreeDomain.co.nr
RPG-D
Shadowplay Topsites
RPG Initiative
- Forum Board Affiliates -
Senki Academy
Shinigami Generation
Avalon a Panfandom RP
Theme/Skin created by Menindrag. Find more great designs at the ZetaBoards Theme Zone.

All images and creative content on Senki Academy are properties of their respective creators. If you're a creator and object to seeing your content displayed on this site, please contact the admin. We respect your wishes as a creator and will honour all requests for content removal.