Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Red Riding Hood is not Grim; Closed: Zamari & any of Shinwagara Sanctuary crew
Topic Started: May 26 2018, 05:35 AM (182 Views)
GrimRPer
Member Avatar

Shinwagahara Sanctuary. A place for the animals of this land, the home to some of the unique ones. And in this farm resides Tekigo as well. Having led Mervyn from the Shrine to here, the word spirit has taken a while to notice the trail of ink from his tail, and it was only when they left the forest path that he did control himself.

But at last, they arrived at the destination. Looking straight at the sky, the sun reflected a bit in the wolf kid's eyes, the blackness of his pupils sucked most of the light. "Hm, must be a bit past midday. At this time she might be riding Vent Noir.", he concluded, before his eyes went back to the landscape.

Taking hands to ears, he cupped them close, as if to try and hear where she might be. "Riding arena, apparently. I do hear a cawing, apparently in response.", the kid has confirmed.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Nomad
Member Avatar

"So this is where ya live?" Mervyn looked around curiously as he tried to take it all in. Was there anything that this island did not have? There were animals there that absolutely bewildered him. The experience was already breathtaking in its own right. "A Vent Nore? What's that?" he obliviously butchered the name of whatever it was that Tekigo was talking about. What kind of beast could it be? A horse of some kind?

Mervyn chuckled as he looked at Tekigo. "So, kiddo, do you get along with the other furballs well or do they snub you when it's suppertime?" until they got to where they were going he was going to rely on light teasing to keep himself entertained. There was also an element of legitimacy to his question. Exactly how did someone like Tekigo who was sentient fit into the dynamics of the sanctuary? Was he treated as an animal or an employee? It was by far the strangest of living arrangements that Mervyn had ever seen.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

"Yeah, I live here and help here too. To my best.", Tekigo would proceed to lead him toward the arena, having lowered his hands and his ears twitching every now and then. "Vent Noire... That's a french name I was told. Means Night Wind. I think sis Elayne says he is a Chocobo.", the wolf kid crossed his arms behind his head, thoughtfully.

Wouldn't be long until they were at the Arena, but was enough time for him to answer: "My presence scares some of them, but they are getting used to me. Can't blame them, I'd be scared too if I saw someone like me standing there with them ink-black eyes. As for suppertime, my meals are at the table with the staff of the Sanctuary."

As they approached there was a clothesline where bed sheets and pillow cases were drying up, a tarp underneath pooled a dark substance which covered the lower half of the white clothes above. Averting his eyes to that, Tekigo blushed and looked nervous.

But soon, they were at the arena, where they would see a dark blur sprint through, jump over barriers while someone clad in red rode the creature bareback. "Hé arrête! We got guests!", a familiar voice spoke from the back of the beast who came to a slow stop, circling them briefly with an inquisitive look. It was a monstrous black bird, eyes red like an eclipsed moon. With Tekigo, his eyes didn't convey any coldness, but towards Mervyn... It glared with what seemed like distrust.

But where was the red rider? "Behind you.~" a familiar voice and a surprise hug from behind greeted Mervyn. It was Elayne, in her red mage outfit. "Hi sis! Practicing with Vent? Ah- May I ride him a bit, please, pleeeeease?!", Tekigo suddenly sounded excited, his tail wildly waving while he faced Elayne. And it might be amusing to observe that the terror bird tried to playfully snap at the kid's tail, missing several times until he caught it.

"Hahah, sure, five minutes however. Going to preen his head feathers and give him a bath later on.", with that, Tekigo was helped onto the bird's back by none other than the bird himself, before the two went for a ride around the arena.

This left Mervyn and Elayne alone for a moment. "So, I hope little Tekigo didn't cause you any trouble. Please forgive him if he did, he is a bit mischievous but a helpful and good kid."

Nomad
Member Avatar

Mervyn was left scratching his head as to what a Chocobo was. As he normally did when encountering new words, he stumbled over its pronunciation until he finally conceded defeat. "Just show me the thing." he was going to figure out what kind of animal it was through experience. That was how he learned best. Continuing to follow Tekigo, he soon got his answer when they arrived at the arena to see both a familiar face and a rather shocking sight.

"It's you!" Mervyn exclaimed recognizing his Valentine's date. Giving Elayne a grin, he pointed at her with utmost enthusiasm before drawing back his finger as he came face-to-face with her black monster bird. "Whoa there buddy!" he acknowledged the uneasy glare that Vent Noir was giving him and it made him feel nervous as well. "And here I thought ostriches were the biggest birds." this creature was unique, to say the least. "Oof!"

Glancing behind him Mervyn was relieved to see that it was only Elayne hugging him and not some sneak attack from a giant boa constrictor. Considering that he was in a sanctuary for bizarre animals, he only assumed that something along those lines was also housed there. "Nah," he answered her in regards to if whether or not Tekigo gave him any trouble, "he's got a good heart beating in 'em!" if Mervyn wasn't glad to have met Tekigo before he certainly was now. Was it a coincidence or fate that he was able to cross paths again with Elayne through him?

"So, where did you get this guy?" his focus was back to Vent Noir. "And does whatever he is come in red?" if he was to get one for himself then it had to be in his favorite color.

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

"Hahah, yes, it's me.", Elayne chuckled a bit, "Don't worry much about Vent giving you the death stare, he is usually cold to people he doesn't trust and haven't been formally introduced to. But once you get shown his good side... You can see how he behaves with little wolf."

The word spirit and the monster bird really got along, he wouldn't go too fast nor too slow, and if Tekigo asked him so, Vent would do anything he was told to. "True, he is pure at heart. Even if he has lived for sixteen years, Tekigo is still a child.", there was no doubt she believed in the boy.

"Brocéliande, the legendary magical forest. They do have other variants, don't know how many. In truth, Vent has come to me, he and I are inseparable.", Elayne watched the boy and her bird race through the arena, jumping over obstacles. He had his ears lowered and leaned in closer to Vent, as to gain speed.
Edited by GrimRPer, May 29 2018, 05:18 AM.

Nomad
Member Avatar

Mervyn watched joyously as Tekigo rode around on Vent Noir. "I gotta get it like him." he wanted to bond with the giant bird as well. The view up there had to be amazing. "I know!" a lightbulb went off in Mervyn's head. Oh boy. "What does he like to eat? Maybe I can feed him?" wasn't that usually how people got animals to trust them?

"He's sixteen years old!?" the revelation of the boy's age was a bombshell. Then again, what did Mervyn expect? It wasn't like he was human. "Guess he grows differently or whatever." if he had to guess how old Tekigo was he would place him at no more than eleven or twelve. To a degree, he envied Tekigo for appearing so youthful. Mervyn had underestimated him as some child when he was only a year younger than he was. He's not just some kid. next time he caught Tekigo up to no good he was going to have to address him differently.

"The magical forest. Think you mentioned that when we were on our date, hah!" he gave a chuckle as he brought up their first meeting in a carefree manner. That was right. They had gone on a date before. Great way to address the elephant in the room.
Edited by Nomad, May 29 2018, 03:05 PM.

bonniecanuck
Member Avatar
Bonnie Bushi
A figure emerged from the relative darkness of the stables on white horse, and looked up with a smile. "She's at it again," she muttered, shaking her head happily.

Then she narrowed her vision, placed a gloved hand horizontally on her brow to shade her line of sight, and saw a little more closely. "Or rather, he's at it. Now that's something I haven't seen."

Another figure emerged on a dark bay stallion next to her, and said, "He? You mean Tekigo-san? What'd he get into now?" Then she too looked up, and said, "Oh, he's riding Vent Noir? Yeah, sure haven't seen that one."

Both Edie and Michiko were very familiar with the other personalities around the farm and sanctuary by this point. There was a clear sense of familial kinship among their group, and at this point they were all acclimated to each other's antics and quirks.

The pair looked down again and spotted Elayne talking to Mervyn. "So I guess they brought a friend here," said Edie. "Shall we go say hi to them?" Michiko flashed a grin. "I'll do you one better. Shall we race? Hayaku, Herschel!" And the stallion pounced forward in a canter, to which Edie merely drove Valiant forward as well. They had barely any distance to cover, but they still needed to cross the riding arena to reach the pair on the ground.

Rather than just opening the door or going around, though, they went so far as to jump the fence into the riding arena as though in a steeplechase. It was here that Edie and Valiant caught up and overtook Michiko and Herschel, to which the losing rider could only complain. "No fair! It's not my fault that my boy decided to land on the wrong lead!" "It's called a fluke, Michiko-san," said Edie, "and it happens as often as falls. You can't be perfect every time." "Says you," huffed Michiko and pouted, only half-exaggeratedly.

Still, they were now by the pair, and Edie turned to address them. "Good afternoon, Elayne. I see you have made a new acquaintance?"

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

"He eats about anything a human would and a bit more. Certain poisonous mushrooms, plants or animals that certain birds can eat, for example. But normally I keep him on a veggie diet, specially due to the price of meat, however of course I treat him to meat sometimes. Vent makes me so proud...", no doubt, the bird was her closest friend, someone that would make her feel protected no matter what.

And for that, Elayne decided some should feel that same feeling. Even if for a moment, they could feel what it was like, to ride on the back of a marvelous bird like him. Standing beside Mervyn, their stares met as she addressed him: "I was surprised to find out too, even more when he addressed matters well above his age. Even more surprising was to see him "wetting his bed" lately. Little boy couldn't control his ink."

"Wanna ride Vent Noir? I suspect he can carry you, judging by your physique."
, an offer was made, and soon after Edie and Michiko approached them, with Elayne smirking with eyes closed at the conclusion of their race.

"Ah, Edie, Michiko, this fine warrior is Mervyn Blaise, from overseas, we met during Valentine's Day, most certainly by fate. Mervyn, these are Michiko Nishiyama and Edie Masuda Sheridan, as well as their loyal steeds Herschel and Valiant. To me they are like sisters.", Elayne took care of the introductions.

Nomad
Member Avatar

As Mervyn fully observed the size of Vent Noir he made a rather startling conclusion. "He's so big. Think he could swallow a person?" to an extent Mervyn was concerned, but he wasn't afraid. The servant of Shango, a god of Justice, could not afford to be shaking at the knees. Especially not at the sight of a giant bird. Giving a chuckle when he heard about Tekigo inking the bed, Mervyn started to mull over the possibility of him riding the giant bird. There was only one answer that he felt was appropriate.

"Of course!" this was life! Time was limited and he may never get the opportunity to do something like this ever again. Plus, it may be a good way for him to get acquainted with Vent Noir and gain his trust. Yes, that was what he was going to do. Before he left there that day he was going to become best friends with the bird. He wouldn't accept failure. Never did.

Making the evening better was the arrival of two others. Mervyn, who was always delighted to meet new people, maintained his unwavering smile and gave the girls a wave. "Sup!" after greeting Edie and Michiko he turned his attention to the horses. Of course, he had seen horses before but never did he have the chance to get so close to them. "I take it they're friendly?" Mervyn asked. "Can I pet them?" he was going to make friends with all the animals. There wasn't a doubt in his mind about it.

So far Mervyn's impressions about the sanctuary were positive. He also had little to no idea that interacting with animals could be so interesting. Honestly, he previously had little interaction with them with his most experience coming from whatever he found lurking in the bayou, and those beasts weren't always the friendliest. Maybe I should get me a pet. whether or not he was capable of caring for even a housefly was hard to determine given his rowdy temperament.

bonniecanuck
Member Avatar
Bonnie Bushi
Edie and Michiko trotted their mounts up to the pair, giving them gentle complimentary pats as they halted.

"Ah, Mervyn Blaise-san. Your reputation precedes you," said Edie. She had heard her fair share of him despite the separation of years between them, and bowed as she could manage in the saddle. Michiko, meanwhile, offered a salute - though not exactly shy, she was a rather lower-profile personality at the school, instead putting most of her time and heart in the farm and sanctuary. But she was still in the know and like Edie, recognised her classmates when she knew of them.

The pair let themselves nudge their horses a little closer up to Mervyn, and as they did, Edie said invitingly, "But of course. Please go ahead, they may be living pulses of energy, but they love being around people. As if to affirm that - and as if they were the two beings with one mind - Valiant bowed her head to let Mervyn pet the mare.

Not to feel upstaged, Michiko joined in and approached as well, saying, "Hey, save some for Herschel too, please."

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

"Swallow whole? Unlikely. He does have a strong beak and muscles there to crunch bones. That is certain.", was all the answer Elayne could muster at the moment, she only knew Vent's beak strength from the times she had fed him something with bones after all.

As she let Mervyn and the girls get acquainted, she observed Vent and Tekigo, before waving them over. Seems the play time was over, as she had to attend to a bird's cleaning and this bird has had a lot of fun for the day. Once Tekigo brought Vent Over to a stop near them, Elayne spoke something close to the bird's ear.

Whatever was it, was clearly in Mervyn's favor. No longer Vent gave him a mean stare and, once the horses received their petting, the monster bird would inquire his own in what was almost like a bow followed by a low cawing.

Nomad
Member Avatar

"Heh, heh! Guess I'm famous." of course Mervyn knew that he wasn't, but he was delighted to see that he did have some sort of reputation within the school despite having not been there all that long. More so appealing was that he was given permission to pet the horses. He didn't know how they would react to his touch but he was curious to find out. Taking care, he approached Valiant first and gently stroked the horse's snout. "Sup, bro," he greeted the horse. "Name's Mervyn." he had no idea if the horses could understand him in the slightest. Regardless, he intended on talking to them as if they were people. Once Mervyn was finished petting Valiant he switched to Herschel. "Don't worry. There's enough love to go around." and with that he started to pet the other horse.

Out of the corner of his eye, Mervyn noticed Elayne wave over Tekigo and Vent Noir. The presence of the giant bird promptly distracted him from the horses. Before parting with them he gave Herschel one final rub before turning to see the giant bird before him. "I see you're starting to come around." The bird seemed to have warmed up to him and in turn, Mervyn was able to ease himself as well. "Alright, on my way." he headed over to Vent Noir and reached out to touch his feathers. If the bird let him, he would give him the same treatment as the horses.

The whole experience so far was oddly relaxing for Mervyn. It was an unusual change of pace for someone whose idea of fun was taking risks. In a way, he was still doing that but in a way that lacked the intensity, he was accustomed to.

bonniecanuck
Member Avatar
Bonnie Bushi
"Valiant's a she," corrected Edie as Mervyn addressed her mount. It wasn't exactly uncommon for her horse to be misgendered - horses with white coats tended to be associated with stallions, and in any case Valiant's personality, quite unique for a mare was prone to being particularly - albeit naturally - proud and dignified. Poor Carey had gotten the shortest end of that stick though, since her Lipizzaner Elisabeth was of a breed most known for its performing stallions in Vienna.

Still, both horses welcomed Mervyn's affection, and they turned their heads with his hand movements. Their riders happily looked down as he finished up to go over to Vent Noir, who had landed and deposited Tekigo.

The horses of the stables had grown used to having Vent Noir around. Though his appearance and presence had provoked some discernible sense of fear for some time, it was business as usual again in the weeks that followed Elayne's arrival. The researchers and visitors also appreciated the chocobo, and he'd become a valued member of the community at Shinwagahara Sanctuary.

Edie and Michiko waved to Tekigo. "Did you enjoy your ride?" called Michiko to the word spirit. "I'm sure it's a beautiful sight up there." They watched from the side as Mervyn made to take his turn to get acquainted with Vent Noir, their scheduled practice momentarily forgotten.

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

Vent had no objections anymore, accepting Mervyn's greeting and caressing, a low but satisfied huff slipped his beak, and soon he got closer to the storm warrior and rubbed its feathery head against his. "I think he liked your scent. Not something I see him do often, to be clear.", Elayned laughed a bit, even if she was still puzzled by the chocobo's behavior.

Surely, the bird's behavior has been fascinating to observe, specially in how obedient he was and understanding in the words of his rider, no matter who it was: as long as Elayne gave the okay, Vent would obey. Though with animals his relationship was growing passive and protective with each day.

With a wave back at Edie and Michiko, Tekigo responded with a wagging tail: "Yep, Vent is so fluffy and warm. And he too likes letting me closer, must have something to do with that painting I made of him late at night the day after he arrived."

Nomad
Member Avatar

"Oh...my bad. I didn't really check, heh." to Mervyn the name Valiant sounded like it belonged to a male so he just made the assumption and ran with it. He was glad to see that the horses were more than happy to be petted as he was more than happy to give them the affection they deserved. It was an oddly soothing experience and he looked forward to probably riding a horse himself in the near future.

But for now, he had a bigger challenge in front of him.

"Must be the cologne," Mervyn joked when Elayne told him that Vent Noir must have liked his scent. The joke was in the fact that he wasn't wearing any cologne whatsoever. Actually, he didn't really like the stuff as it often made his eyes water. If Vent liked his scent then it was all natural. Mervyn didn't know if whether or not that was something to brag about but he was going to take pride in it all the same.

"I wanna ride too. That is if it's alright with him." getting on top of the giant bird was his endgame from the start. However, he wasn't going to force the bird to allow him to do so. Not only was it rude but it increased the odds of him being thrown off. Based on how large Vent Noir was he imagined the fall to be gruesome.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Suburban District · Next Topic »
Add Reply

- Affiliates -
- Hosting and Directory Affiliates -
FreeDomain.co.nr
RPG-D
Shadowplay Topsites
RPG Initiative
- Forum Board Affiliates -
Senki Academy
Shinigami Generation
Avalon a Panfandom RP
Theme/Skin created by Menindrag. Find more great designs at the ZetaBoards Theme Zone.

All images and creative content on Senki Academy are properties of their respective creators. If you're a creator and object to seeing your content displayed on this site, please contact the admin. We respect your wishes as a creator and will honour all requests for content removal.