Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
The start of something good
Topic Started: May 24 2018, 06:45 AM (145 Views)
Yansaki
Member Avatar

A lone taxi pulled up to the sidewalk by the school gates. The back passenger door swung open and a girl dressed far too warmly for the weather climbed out and struggled to pull her two suitcases out of the back. After she managed to get them out, the driver side window rolled down and the cab driver leaned out.

"Are you sure you are gonna be ok by yourself? "

The girl smiled and bowed. "I'll be fine. Thank you for driving me all the way to the school," she said with a smile. The cab driver laughed, and gave her a wave and drove off. The girl turned and looked at the gates. She had made it. Hopefully she could fit in. As she stared down the school which terrified her to the depths of her heart a gentle breeze blew by, causing her scarf to flutter and filling her with hope and determination. She wouldn't back down anymore.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Raiores

It was a hot school day, fortunately, over. Dressing warmly would certainly draw some attention. Especially from a certain someone who just so happens to be a fan of warm clothes among the crowds.

As that girl walked through the gates, into the school grounds, she passed by many students on their way home after a tiring day at school. Among them was one sitting at the bench as everyday, listening to music. Around him, she would likely feel even warmer, which may be better, with her likeness of warmth, or worse, with the already hot temperature.

Raiores could've grabbed her attention with his aura, or maybe he hasn't, but she has. He stared for a second at the person passing in front of him, and another two at the cute girl she turned out to be. He had almost got the idea off his head, when he realized she was struggling with her bags.

Putting his headphones into his pocket, he followed her quickly, catching up in a few seconds. "Hey there! Need help?" He smiled friendly, and put his hand on one of her bags, gesturing an offer to help with them.

Yansaki
Member Avatar

Kina felt like she was standing next to a furnace. When the voice came from the direction of the heat wave, she jumped slightly. She hadn't noticed him there at the time and his speaking up startled her. He had offered to help her with her bags. She looked at him, looked him over. He seemed normal, but she was aware this school had a reputation for accepting students with strange abilities. Heat. She was used to being hot. Her clothing never really helped but she felt vulnerable in normal clothes. Lost in her mind she froze for a bit.

Who was this guy? Its possible he is a nice guy but people often act nice to get to vulnerable spots. Plus standard society required some niceness in general. Perhaps he thought she was another pretty face. She shook her head. "What? Oh um yeah if you don't mind. It was hard enough lugging them to the car. Now I have no idea where I'm going. I think I'm going to the Yuri dorm?....Is that a joke?" she asked pausing.

Raiores

"Uhh..." Raiores scratched the back of his head and giggled as the girl started observing him. His heat was slowly cooling down as moving was less of an effort now, than when he walked towards her after sitting for a while. "Sorry about that, I'm not good at controlling my aura. You're probably dealing with enough having these clothes on, eh?"

"Heheh, I see. I know where that is." he smiled at her before he took her suitcase and pulled it behind him as they started walking towards the dorms. "I'm Raiores by the way, and you?"
Edited by Raiores, May 24 2018, 10:59 PM.

Yansaki
Member Avatar

"My name is Shitsuren Shitekina, but most people call me Kina," she said as she walked. The wind blew and her scarf fluttered a bit. It was so hot this time of year. Even at her childhood home it was often this warm. She could hear the cicada's song even now. Literally, it was the same sounds she used to hear. "So what made you talk to me? I'm usually pretty invisible to the people around me." Her habit was to not stand out yet somehow she stood out enough to gain his attention and now he was helping her with her belongings. Oddly polite.

Raiores

Raiores stopped for a moment to look back, at the suitcase he was pulling that got stuck. "Oh so, Kina Chan!" He poked her cheek somewhat teasingly before he continued walking.

He thought about her question for a moment, letting out a quite "Hmm..." Before he looked her eye and answered. "In...visible? I noticed you struggling with the bags and stuff." Thats probably not what she meant, he guessed, so Raiores continued with the explanation. "See I have that habit of noticing everyone passing by me. You're sort of cute too so~" Due to lack of social skills, he paused for a moment, thinking of what to say, but all in vain. "Yeah, just that I guess."

Yansaki
Member Avatar

As he poked her cheek, a shimmer shot past him and splintered a tree branch. Kina quickly focused and calmed down before speaking. "I'm sorry but please refrain from touching me. Im not a fan of physical contact with people I hardly know," she apologized. Then the guy called her cute.

She looked the guy over. He was one of those overly suave flirty type of guys it seemed. "Flattery will definitely get you nowhere." She laughed but she was feeling kinda nervous.

Raiores

Raiores giggled at how he almost got his head shot off. Despite dangerous, that too was cute in a way. "Alright, alright!" He slipped his finger backwards, getting it past her face before his arm just dropped. "Don't kill me, will ya!"

"Heheh, playin' hard to get, are we?" He said teasingly letting out a little laugh as well. "Well, sorry to say, I ain't keeping opinions to myself!"

Yansaki
Member Avatar

It seemed the boy was at least capable of learning so she decided to continue speaking with him. "So what are the people like here? Are the students as pushy as you or are they a bit quieter?" she asked, the thinly veiled snipes coming out with very little malice. As they walked, she took note of the school dress. Uniforms. They weren't used in her old school but it was a small town. Everyone knew everyone. She would need to acquire her own uniform before the day was done. She also took special care to notice the more secluded places on campus. A nice quiet place to write would be greatly needed.

Raiores

"Heh, it depends." Rai laughed scratching the back of his head. Being the friendly person he is, he took pushy as a compliment. "See, we come from different places with different cultures. Most of us are probably the odd ones out too." He started explaining.

He was a new student himself, and that girl was one of few he got to know due to his lack of social skills. He was, luckily, on one of those days when he feels confident enough to meet someone new.

He had only known few people, and they were all "unique" in ways. Ranging from a weird adult who appears to have come from the 1970s to a senki academy version of Taiga, he couldn't quite think of 2 similar characters.

"This place is fun though! Even if people are different, I can assure you they're all great friends!" He gave a big smile and a thumbs up along with that last part. Hopefully, that was a warm enough welcome to the school for that girl that apparently liked warmth, or needed it perhaps.

Yansaki
Member Avatar

"Interesting. So a melting pot huh?" she muttered to herself. She still found the guy a tad forward, but he was alright. "I'm not very used to people. In my opinion, people suck. I'll make a few close friends but not many. I call it a people allergy. The world is a cruel place to those that don't fit in."

She looked up. The air was clean despite the city. It smelled like her hometown. Tall grass, birds singing, the sounds of people laughing and talking. She could sense it all. She knew she was projecting her memories, but she didn't care. The feeling of nostalgia was one she welcomed.

Raiores

"Fit in?" His tone changed suddenly changed. He sounded upset hearing that from her. Or angry perhaps. He was one to get often mad at life for throwing obstacles at people.

Raiores then scratched the back of his head and laughed it off. "I'm sorry, but fitting in doesn't mean a thing. It's hard to explain, but "the world" isn't exactly a place to fit in." Here comes an explanation from a beginner words user. Unless Kina cared to understand, it'd just pass like a lot of other stuff he has said in disregard of English grammar and vocabulary. He did have something to say, he just wasn't good enough in finding words.

More importantly, he had more to say. "I'm terrible at explaining. You just want a small circle of friends you say? Can I fit in it?" What was the best way into someone's heart other than to just ask? Well, that's all he knew to do anyway. Maybe she'd let him? Well, he could hope~

Yansaki
Member Avatar

Kina looked at the boy. He seemed to have gone through a somewhat similar struggle. Unlike her, though, he made it out relatively unscathed. As he droned on she thought about things. Perhaps she should try to embrace this second chance. A new start, a new life. The guy was weird and pushy but he wasn't wrong.

"As long as that wasn't a euphemism just then, I think we can be friends...just friends though so cool the flirting," she said. She would need friends. Friends like him that aren't afraid of her.

Raiores

Raiores looked at her, somewhat confused as well as a little of disappointed, scratching the back of his head. He had never meant to talk like that or to give that impression. But he quickly smiled, it wasn't first time he comes off like that. He didn't quite mind it any more.

"Oh, you caught me!" He giggled as he continued walking. He realised she would probably take it seriously, but it was fine. If she understood he was joking, it wouldn't make a difference. For him at least~

Yansaki
Member Avatar

As they walked she saw the dorms in the distance. So this would be her home for the next 4 years. She let out a sigh. It was going to be a new beginning. Would it be a bright future? Or a dark cloud? She didn't know. But she had hope. Hope for peace, hope for friends, hope for a better tomorrow. She looked forward, standing slightly ahead of her new friend. "It looks like rain..."she said. A drop fell to the ground at her feet before imaginary clouds appeared above her and rain fell. She'd rather someone not see her cry.

Raiores

"Rain? Huh?" He looked at her confusedly. He looked up, the clouds didn't look like they'd rain any time soon. "Are you sure--" He walked and stood next to her. His eyes widened staring at hers.

"A-are you okay?" He sounded worried. He was, seeing her crying out of the blue like that. Maybe he hardly knows her, she was just a stranger passing by less than an hour ago. But he was concerned. He didn't know what help he could offer if there was anything he could do, but he wished to help her. Somehow~

Raiores

"Rain? Huh?" He looked at her confusedly. He looked up, the clouds didn't look like they'd rain any time soon. "Are you sure--" He walked and stood next to her. His eyes widened staring at hers.

"A-are you okay?" He sounded worried. He was, seeing her crying out of the blue like that. Maybe he hardly knows her, she was just a stranger passing by less than an hour ago. But he was concerned. He didn't know what help he could offer if there was anything he could do, but he wished to help her. Somehow~

Yansaki
Member Avatar

She looked at her new friend. Her illusion hadn't worked. "Its nothing. I'm just a bit emotional. I'll be fine. Oh and thank you for showing me the dorms. You'll make a good friend to start with," she gave him a laugh and a smile, before moving to walk away. She didn't need people to worry about her. She didn't want that anymore.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · School Gates · Next Topic »
Add Reply

- Affiliates -
- Hosting and Directory Affiliates -
FreeDomain.co.nr
RPG-D
Shadowplay Topsites
RPG Initiative
- Forum Board Affiliates -
Senki Academy
Shinigami Generation
Avalon a Panfandom RP
Theme/Skin created by Menindrag. Find more great designs at the ZetaBoards Theme Zone.

All images and creative content on Senki Academy are properties of their respective creators. If you're a creator and object to seeing your content displayed on this site, please contact the admin. We respect your wishes as a creator and will honour all requests for content removal.