Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Tea and War; Closed (Corruption, Sota, GrimRPer)
Topic Started: May 22 2018, 12:23 PM (237 Views)
Corruption
Member Avatar

James sighed. He had put it off long enough, but now had what he believed he needed for the next step in his quest to stop his magic killing him, both an excuse for what he would ask, and something to sweeten the deal. He also needed some info this meeting could provide.

Getting his normal use phone out, he called Nova, "Nova. I think it's about time you and Heleth spoke with me and Felinia at least about this war in the nether worlds you are involved in.
"How about you join in front of the school, and I'll take to where I think she is? I can track her phone easily."
Edited by Corruption, May 22 2018, 12:29 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

It took a little bit for Nova to pick up, there was a soft paper being fiddled with and the "fwoosh" of a candle being ignited to be heard. "Kaede is sleeping a bit, girl's read five books to sleep! I will wake her up and inform to meet up with you.", it was Demon Nova that answered, however.

True to her words, would come a time Kaede would come to meet up with him, still looking a bit sleepy, "Yo~ My bad for sleeping at the wrong time, was learning more about my past and all and kinda... Gave in to sleep." At the very least she wasn't rubbing her eyes or yawning.

"Hm, so me, you, Felinia and Heleth, a talk about the nether world thing. Any guess as to where we find Heleth? No bird has told me a thing about Heleth, but you know... Birdbrain."
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Corruption
Member Avatar

James chuckled. "It's amazingly easy to track or stalk people these days. Got to love how technology makes it so anyone can stalk you any time from anywhere. She carries a mobile phone, and there are plenty of apps already designed for tracking people's phones.
"Which is why I often use many different phones in different IDs. She is currently in a tea shop in the downtown area. Well, her phone is anyway.
"Meet me out front of the school gates in a few minutes. You won't recognize me. I'll be using the name Samantha."

Grinning, before she could say anything "You two are involved in a war, and I may be drawn into it. If they think I am a girl, they will not be as likely to look for me as a guy."

James then made a short phone call to Felinia and headed out. He was already dressed. This ID looked like a tall thin lass with long red hair in a ponytail to the middle of her back, stylish leather top and pants, leather shoes. Her fingernails were painted black, and there was only a trace of makeup on her face.
That covered up all the rest of the things done to obtain that look! Also, the leather clothing acted as leather armor if things went bad.

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

"... Remind me to turn off the location services later.", a very deadpan expression followed those words. If he could track her, maybe others who were hunting for her could as well. Kaede had to play safer, for her sake and of those who wanted her safety. Well, see you then, I'll see some more birds 'til then.

As time would pass, Kaede would find herself surrounded by birds, exchanging chirps and whistles with them, as some would fly off, and others would come in. If some dared to fight among themselves for her attention, the redhead would call them out of their misbehavior. Truly a magical moment in the sight of others.

Eventually, the flock of varied colors and sizes, all small, dispersed and headed their own way in one word or two from her mouth. "Seems I can rest easy for now, huh...", monologuing she soon observed the arrival of Jam- Samantha.

Corruption
Member Avatar

Samantha came and smiled as the birds dispersed. Not only did they keep Nova company, but they could be useful in a fight.

Samantha grabbed Nova's arm, and said "Come on girl, I know a shop we just have to check out!"
She would almost drag Nova after her a bit, then grab her phone as she walked, seeming to mess around with it.

After a bit they would come to the tea shop in question, and Samantha would nudge Nova in before her, "Here we are, and after you." she urged Nova ahead of her.

For now, Samantha was pretending to just be a fashonable girl interested in trendy things.
Edited by Corruption, May 22 2018, 01:53 PM.

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

"A shop we have to check out? Eh?", Kaede was oblivious, but would soon see where she was being taken to. A tea shop. Standing still for a moment, she gave it a long analysis and came to a conclusion: "Mom Yume would love this place."

Feeling it was pointless to back down now, specially with Samantha urging her in, the redhead stepped in, following proper behavior and all as tradition would command. And within she had a hope, but she knew it never happen...

She hoped to see Attart, someone she hasn't seen since.

Sota
Member Avatar

Ah, Darjeeling tea and some cookies. Nothing can beat that combination and the sweet aroma had to be tasted with both eyes closed, to better focus on it.

"Mmmh!"

The red skinned girl sitting on a table all by herself had a smile so wide from ear to ear. That was the best way to take time for oneself.
A fluid motion and her hand picked a cookie from the plate at the center of the table. A simple, small cookie that could absorb the gentle aroma of the golden beverage in the bue edged cup.

"Mmmh!"

No doubt Heleth Mastema loved tea. A guilty pleasure of her that she enjoyed whenever she wanted to have time for herself only.
That was a great way to forget about troubles at hand. Heleth didn't appreciate those long times of apparent inactivity of the Mazikin, but at the same time she was happy to be able to forget of the Netherworld crisis entirely for a while.

At any rate, she had to take the best out of this, and what could beat some tea?
Nothing at all!

Corruption
Member Avatar

Samantha could not miss Heleth. She had very striking features . . . . and Samantha had seen her before, although not as Samantha.
Approaching the table, she waited until Heleth had finished the cookie, and said casually "Heleth Mastema? My name is Samantha and I believe we have a common aquaintence in Nova Kae-de Suzaku. Would you mind if we have a seat?"

Samantha wondered how long until Nova had to showher wings to convince Heleth that she was Nova, or how distrustful Heleth would be, considering Demons would be after her, and they would probably be able to use human cultists, or merc.
Actually, it may be a bit amusing.

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

Much to her disappointment, Attart was nowhere. But Heleth was there, so that ought to account for something! But how to make an approach? Kaede didn't know, and thus let Samantha handle it. But unless directly addressed, unless asked, she wouldn't say a thing, nor reveal her identity whole. Not yet at least.

Why's that? She knew well not to bother when one is appreciating the fragrance of a well made hot drink. But the redhead kept her golden eyes upon the demoness, only straying to Samantha when she has made an attempt to draw attention and stir a conversation.

Sota
Member Avatar

The demon's dual layered eyes moved to intercept the source of that request.
Two girls.
Heleth opted to take another sip from her cup before answering, with a lady like motion as she did so and examined the situation.
Samantha's word made her wary. Something didn't sound quite right.
Despite addressing her with her full name as well as Nova's she didn't do it with her own. Not to mention she didn't even say anything about the other girl with her.

The sip was over and Heleth's smile faded slightly as she studied the other girl.
Those eyes...she saw them before and hearing Nova's name mentioned made her notice the resemblance the silent girl had with Nova. Still, there was no way to surely guess it was the demon bird that accompanied her and the others in the abbey in Italy.

"Well" she observed "Usually tea and conversation work well together. Who is your friend?"

Corruption
Member Avatar

Samantha seemed a bit embarressed. "My appologies for the lack of full introductions. It's just that you are engaged in one of the three main conflicts affecting the supernatural world that I currently know about, and we can't tell if anyone is monitoring you. You know my friend here, and if she was to tell you something that would identify her for you, that should be fine. Besides, she's changed her looks, and what people call her since you last met."

Sitting down, Samantha waited until Nova clued Heleth in and said, "Thing is, Nova has people who care about her, including the father of her soul, Lord Suzaku, who is also grandfather of her body. She has two mothers of her body. Nova recently died and was reborn with something that affected her memories a bit, and as you can guess, her parents want to know what their child is involved in.
"She was specifically told not to take sides in politics or wars without her parents' permission in case it was a trap or an attempt to draw her family into things they had no right to mess with."

Pausing to let her absorb that, and maybe sip some more tea, Samantha smiled a bit, letting her aura leak out just a very tiny amount, for abouta second. It was too weak for anyone not close to be able to easily sense."If your cause is rightous, they may be able to help."
Edited by Corruption, Jun 6 2018, 06:20 PM.

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

Bowing politely in response, Kaede took seat, focusing on Heleth soon after Samantha joined her. The whole reveal of Nova's death and rebirth would be further explained by the redhead soon after: "To clear up, her body literally died in an attempt to revive a body that has been gone for so long it has lost its soul. The price to pay in reviving a soulless body is that the healer's soul transfers over in a sort of possession. In Suzaku's Clan case, that is. However it is as said: memories weren't transferred really well, and as a result the birdbrain has lost some memory in exchange for gaining ones she wasn't aware of."

"You may call me Kaede.", there was this familiar warmth emanating from Kaede, as if she wanted Heleth to figure out who she was, without revealing her entire identity. In truth she didn't only want to reminisce the events of that day, but also try and figure what overcame her, what drove her frenzy beyond her self-control.

Sota
Member Avatar

Three main conflicts? That was a topic that warranted some questions in due time.
Heleth eyed Nova a little longer as she was supposed to know the familiar looking girl.

While in the first part of Nova's explainations she referred to herself like she was another person, Heleth received enough clues to understand that she was indeed Nova, or Kaede, as she wanted to be called after that body change.
The demond mused to herself that she would not like to lose her own body. Even if it was a little short.

Heleth absorbed information in a smiling silence. Nova's situation was kinda messy, wasn't it?
In any case the notions she received were apparently unbelievable. Not really surprising anymore, especially to a demon that spent her time on Earth in places like Hyakuji and Kaneshima.

Hearing Samantha's words confused her. She definitely needed more informations to understand: Nova was the daughter of this Lord Suzaku, and recently moved to the body of a dead niece of Lord Suzaku. To complicate the matter, this soul transfer messed up some of her memories, but allowed her to find new ones?
Not to mention she had two mothers of her body. Did she mean the previous body she met her with?

That was not clear, and Heleth's eyebrows frowned. If those were lies, they were badly made.

Heleth's hand moved to pick a cookie. Musings on Nova's story could wait.
"My cause?" Heleth smiled, her fangs clearly visible "The mazikin demons plan to break the seals that separate Netherworld and Earth, so that they can overrun this place, enslave humanity and aim at the celestial planes after that."
She paused as she tasted the cookie.
"I kinda like this place: Earth's tea is delicious. Not to mention that and I like my father's land in the Netherworld just as much. Can't say anything about the celestial planes. Never been there, unless Asgard counts as one."
A brief pause followed, as she calmly added "Honestly? I think that in all of this mine is primarily a selfish cause, but you can make your own conclusions".

Corruption
Member Avatar

Samantha noticed a slight look of confusion when Nova's family was mentioned, but held her words.
After all, in one way Nova's new body was a mixture of both her previous bodies, . . . . which makes them both her current body's parents, and her being her own cousin once removed, and her own grandniece.
Hm, might want to spring that one on her latter for laughs.

"Even if your cause is to protect the worlds you enjoy for yourself and others, you should find that your task is a worthy one, for you seek to share it. If you tried to only secure a small area for yourself, then that would be considered selfish." Smiling sadly. "One of Nova's mothers can only get involved if a side breaks one of 3 Laws she is bound to enforce. It sounds to me that they are."
Samantha was deadly serious now. "There was once an attempt to drain all of Nova's power while she was still unhatched. She was told that, but could only act due them breaking one of the 3 Laws with otheractions. Yes, she has to put the 3 Laws above all else, even her own life, and her child's life.
"However, when she can act, she can cause a lot of trouble for her foes."

Getting away from that "I came here to ask you to come meet with this mother of Nova. At the least, you owe her an explaination why her heir and Suzaku's Heir Secondrus has been drawn into a war, without their permission or knowledge."
Heir Secondrus means 2nd in line to inherite.

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

Kaede observed and listened, before presenting her own thoughts: "Are you sure it's just tea and territory? What I mean is... Sometimes even Celestials makes their moves because Gods didn't listen to the prayers of the people. They just care about people without actually expecting anything in return."

"Dunno how much you know, Heleth-senpai, about Nova. But for someone part demon, part Celestial, part human, she... Lives for the sake of others more than for herself. And from my understanding, she was involved in that war to protect mankind, correct?"
, Kaede was guessing about Heleth, but also about herself. Was the desire to protect what drove her to act? Or adoration towards Attart? Respect maybe? or an insatiable lust for pain?

Anyhow, some explaining was in order. And perhaps a good question is... "Something about Nova was off that day, more than the usual that is."

Sota
Member Avatar

The red demon's eyes wandered through the room as Samantha seemingly avoided naming Nova's mother, an entity that could provide support against the Mazikin.
It was a bit unnerving being deprived of information but at the same time being requested trust, wasn't it?

Heleth wasn't smiling anymore, but any trace of a smile faded when Samantha affirmed she owed an explaination to this mother.

She didn't owe anything to her at all!
Nova did everything by herself, out of being selfless for the greater good! She agreed to help Astaroth while she wasn't even there! If her daughter's wereabouts were an issue, she'd have to pay better attention to her daughter to begin with!
Wait, did she just mention two persons involved the war? It was all headache inducing.

At any rate, before she could spit out some sarcastic comment, Kaede spoke, which gave her some precious seconds to ponder and elaborate a better answer to the issue at hand.

As good hearted as Kaede's words were, they did nothing to enforce Samantha's: Heleth just remained on her point of view: her actions were mainly selfish.
As broad as her vision could be, the well being of others affected her own. Happy others, happy her. It was all there was to it, really.

She couldn't say she knew Nova at all, aside from their shared time in Italy, but from little she saw the half demon-human-celestial-bird tried to help them for the greater good. Except for that time she lost control in the abbey.

Kaede's words aligned to her current tought.
"It feels odd that you talk about your past self like she was another person, but you lost your mind back there, if that's what you mean" she stated "You've been consumed by the lust for battle and you attempted to attack me as well."
She clearly remembered the ravenous gaze she received from Nova that time.
"Unfortunately I don't know what exactly happened after that brought you back to your senses. We've been separated and you were with Astaroth when you calmed down."

Heleth paused briefly and turned her head toward Samantha.
"I'm not responsible for other people's choices, especially when I never met them before they made such a choice. I don't think I 'owe' anything to her mother."
Heleth smiled briefly as she took a sip of tea.
"I could tell her Nova acted by her own volition if you really want me to, as that was exactly what happened when she assessed the situation."
Edited by Sota, Jun 13 2018, 02:44 AM.

Corruption
Member Avatar

Samantha frowned slightly when Heleth spoke. A bit in worry when she talked about Nova losing control, and a bit in self acknowledgement that she was in the wrong about Heleth owing anything.

Getting her thoughts back together, she seemed to relax and sighed a bit. She knew she had to appologise, and for two reasons. Heleth might be more willing to listen afterwards, and because Samantha was in the wrong and owed it to her.

"You are right, it was Nova's choice. I appologise for being a bit aggressive there. It's just that it can be hard to not think of her as a little kid with the young form she had, and her currently being less then two years old."
Smiling a bit fondly "Expressly when you see her during lessons about her heritage!"

Getting back on track. "I believe you and her mother have something in common, and would like you to come tell her what happened. She is worried about those who may come after her daughter. She is also worried about it being a move to draw herself and Suzaku into a matter."

Getting a little formal "I am asking you, as someone authorised by Lord Suzaku, both of Nova's mothers and her mortal Godfather in matters dealing with Nova, to come into Suzaku's territory in the Celestial Realm and speak with one of Nova's mothers about what she was drawn into?
"I make no promises, save her mother will follow the Rules of Hospitality."

Yes an official request and invitation, and a promise of a truce if they did not get along.
Edited by Corruption, Jun 8 2018, 08:28 PM.

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

Kaede's eyes moved down the moment that she was reminded of how she failed to see friend or foe when driven by an intense urge, that had been her weakness then, but was it still her weakness? "Better not think much about it, Nova. We are whole again after all, and we got rid of our wrath.", a voice from her other half spoke within.

"I won't let that be repeated, Heleth.", better than feeling apologetic, Kaede chose to swear to never lose control to that point ever again, her eyes meeting with Heleth's. But Samantha's offer intrigued her, it sounded... Intimidating? Maybe it's time for Kaede to intervene a bit more.

Perhaps... "How about this: don't take this offer so formally, but come to at least visit me. I can assure you they will welcome you and dad could even let you ride on his back to see our realm."

Sota
Member Avatar

Heleth tasted another cookie after she dipped into the tea.

Samantha was actually adding quite a bit of information about Nova Heleth didn't knew. Some parts of it didn't quite match up together, but it certainly was because other details were still missing in the picture the demon was building. That was assuming everything wasn't a lie, obviously.

Nova was younger and more inexperienced than she thought. And she seemingly had some influential relatives than it could seem.
It was a fact that Nova wasn't the one requesting her to have a trip in the Celestial Realm, it was Samantha. Someone subordinate to Nova's relatives.

Heleth was a bit wary of the situation. While she felt that the older looking Kaede was indeed Nova, she had strong suspicions on Samantha. After all she came with a request to follow her with no guarantee about who se was.

"Fine. A trip to a Celestial Plane can be interesting for someone like me" she stated, only after considering Kaede's more informal offer. Her fangs appeared on her widening smile "What should I wear?"

Corruption
Member Avatar

Samantha smiled slightly, relieved.
"This is not officially formal, so as you are is fine. I'm trying to keep things officially unofficial to avoid any potential political implications. I don't know if there would be any, but I'm trying to play it safe.
"For that reason, I have only notified Nova's non-Celestial mother, although if things go well, I'm sure she wouldn't mind introducing you to the rest of the family and showing you around. Nova's a pretty special girl, even by Celestial standards. Her friends will find themselves very welcomed there."

Grinning, "I'm sure what I have told you may be a bit confusing, but I promise to explain things much better when we have privacy. I'm not telling you now because it often raises more questions then it settles, and has more twists then a badly written paperback mystery novel. That's in addition to security about something."
Well, that and he figured Felinia would appreciate the look on Heleth's face when she's told.

"It will only take a trip back to the dorms, and I think we can leave once you have finished here."
Edited by Corruption, Jun 11 2018, 12:24 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Downtown · Next Topic »
Add Reply

- Affiliates -
- Hosting and Directory Affiliates -
FreeDomain.co.nr
RPG-D
Shadowplay Topsites
RPG Initiative
- Forum Board Affiliates -
Senki Academy
Shinigami Generation
Avalon a Panfandom RP
Theme/Skin created by Menindrag. Find more great designs at the ZetaBoards Theme Zone.

All images and creative content on Senki Academy are properties of their respective creators. If you're a creator and object to seeing your content displayed on this site, please contact the admin. We respect your wishes as a creator and will honour all requests for content removal.