Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Clash One: Excalibur versus Joyeuse; PM for Invite
Topic Started: May 4 2018, 10:33 PM (70 Views)
Cyberstrike

When Veritas had received a mysterious call on his cell phone informing him of a battle he was going to have to fight, he was not amused. The battle was against an Abelhard who seemed to possess a fabricated weapon of his own. The caller wanted to see the skill level that the individual possessed, and had promised a reward to Veritas if he was able to beat Abelhard in a fight, or even if he lost. As such Veritas had made his way to this location. Once he was inside the dojo, he sighed and started to wait for the individual to arrive. This duel was not going to be easy probably given he knew nothing on the opponent he was going to be facing off against - but he knew that was for the best. If he knew what his opponent was capable of, things would be too easy for him to be honest.

As he had little information, Veritas was currently practicing with his Excalibur Replica, a fabricated arm that was supposed to have the power of Excalibur but did not possess said abilities. It did not possess said abilities, because his handlers had been unable to replicate them fully.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Legacy
Member Avatar
I lurk because I care
His unwitting opponent meanwhile was heading down to the dojo for solo fencing practice as he tried to do every day after classes ended. Fitting his fencing gear into a shoe locker had been a challenge for the first few days, but at this point he'd pretty much gotten the folding pattern down pat, and oddly enough this put him in a good mood. Good enough that despite his usual cool and calm exterior, he found himself with a slight spring in his step and Du meine Seele singe on his lips which he hummed and whistled at a respectful volume.

He wasn't surprised to see someone else in the dojo when he arrived as they were several other students who liked to use it, but he didn't recognize the boy from any of his other sojourns here. Of course, he didn't know everyone, but something about his expression made him ill-at-ease. He was definitely waiting for something, but whatever it was it probably wasn't Abel's business. For now, he'd just keep to himself. With practice dummies already set up, likely from one of the martial arts clubs, Abel took up his practice saber and began stretching in preparation for his drills.

As usual, nothing seemed off to him, and her certainly wasn't expecting what was about come...

Cyberstrike

Veritas approached the individual that had arrived as he had remembered the picture of the individual that had been sent on his phone. A frown formed on his face as he looked at the individual. The individual looked to be young, and carried no weapon on his person - but had a strange looking hilt at his waist. Was that the blade Joyeuse that he had been ordered byy the caller to retrieve? As he watched him train with the practice saber, Veritas knew it was the indvidual he had been sent to retrieve the blade of. "Hello Joyeuse's holder," said Veritas as he approached him hand touching his side, and his Excalibur materializing. Typically he wouldn't institute a challenge on school grounds, but he had his job. Collecting all the weapons could make him into the ultimate holder. After all, if he held them all and had learned how to use them properly he would be able to be a master of all of the items. Each was a replica of a legendary item, and had powers.

Veritas didn't particularly want all of the items, but knew there was a day when he might need all of the items. Thus, what he was going to do. "I am the holder of Excalibur. Surrender Joyeuse to me."

Legacy
Member Avatar
I lurk because I care
He felt the stranger's approach before he saw him. The tingling of the chip in the back of his neck was supplemented by the rushing sound of Excalibur being summoned. A sound which Abel had heard a hundred times before whenever he summoned his own sword. The ominously familiar sound of which sent a rush of panic into his throat.

A Fabricated Weapon?

Here??

Now?!

Hello Joyeuse's holder.

Abel spun to face the accuser, instinctively reaching for his own sword at the same time he dropped his practice sabre. Panic welled up inside him, but he grit his teeth and faced the boy unflinchingly. In a flash of heat, the rainbow blade of Joyeuse materialized on the end of the otherwise empty hilt.

It was fortunate that the gloves he wore for fencing were the same ones he needed to handle the rapidly heating hilt...

The two swords resonated with a clean, clear ring as Joyeuse and Excalibur's blades impacted each other, sparks flying from the screaming metal.

"The wielder of Excalibur... as if I'd give up my sword so easily! I'll defeat you first and take yours instead!" This was all happening so quickly. How did this person find him? Was he a student? Were there more like him nearby? But there wasn't any time to ask questions, for now, he needed to stay alive!

Cyberstrike

"Afraid I can't let you do that. You see, if I let you do that, I'll be murdered." said Veritas as he looked at the holder of Joyeuse. Noticing the gloves he assumed they were something special that allowed him to handle the blade, because the blade was not made out of metal. "But I can allow you this small mercy. How badly injured do you want to find yourself when I am finished?" asked Veritas as he looked at the individual weighing the option of how much he should do damage wise on the individual. "I'm going to need your sword anyway to deal with the other holder. Especially since he seems to have been recruiting allies here," groaned Veritas. Fighting a speedster was not going to be an easy or fun mission in the slightest. Even though the Speedster didn't have a true Fabricated Weapon, his handler wanted to make sure that the individual was stopped. Thus Veritas was going to have to do something about it. For that to be safe for him to succeed at however, he was going to need a more powerful weapon than Excalibur was.

Excalibur's replica didn't have nearly the powers he knew he'd need. His desire was well founded because of that alone, in his opinion. "But we shall not hold our battle on school grounds, so as not to get either of us arrested, and to abide by the rules of the school. No, you shall be allowed to choose the place for our battle and when I am ready, we shall fight," said Veritas, dismissing Excalibur so that Abel could see he was serious.

Legacy
Member Avatar
I lurk because I care
Murdered?

Abel faltered slightly, a niggling doubt creeping into the strength of his conviction.

"Hey, how can you just say something like that? I have no idea what you're talking about! Is someone out there murdering Fabricated Weapon users?? And just who are you anyway??" It was frustrating, too frustrating. It seemed exactly as he thought, he really didn't know anything about his own mission, just that people like him held weapons Abel was supposed to collect and find the true wielders for. Did father know more than he had told him before he sent him to Senki? Moreover, what did this person know that he wasn't saying?

Abel had so many questions, but he had no idea how much information this stranger would be willing to give him or what was asking too much. For now, he'd stick to the most pressing, time-sensitive issues.

"No." He said, dissipating the rainbow blade and replacing the hilt by his side. "If there really is someone out there killing wielders and that person is gathering allies, stopping them is more important than fighting me. We'll be stronger together." Abel was determined to sway the course of this conversation in his favor, building a bridge rather than creating an enemy. "I can be convinced to help you, to trust you, but you'll have to be honest with me first." The young paladin held out his hand for Veritas to shake, his face stoic and determined.

"You probably already know since you approached me, but my name is Abelhard Priester. I wield the Fabricated Weapon Joyeuse." Like any partnership, he had to begin with a proper introduction. If he could establish that much, it might be possible for him to finally learn more about his own mission, his supposed destiny.

Cyberstrike

Veritas looked at Abelhard for a moment, considering. On the one hand wielding Joyeuse on his own would make the battle simpler with less variables. However when facing someone who had an unknown ally and could use the power of superspeed in addition to being a holder, Veritas knew he could use all the help he could get in order to make sure that he could survive. Since he didn't possess a weapon with more fancy properties than the one he did, Veritas knew he was going to have to rely on Abelhard to help him out. Perhaps they could gather the other Holders or recruit some allies and get them Fabricated Weapons. Either way the Speedster needed to be stopped which they could not do at present.

"According to my handler, last night someone hit a facility where Fabricated Weapons are kept. And they hit it hard. With excessive Force. They also managed to legally maneuver and have some of the people there arrested, though they did get out because of their connections. Still they raided the place. Whoever "they" are. " growled Veritas as he looked at Abelhard for a moment. "I was not informed what was taken from said facility, but I do know a lot of people in there are in intensive care. It does not take a math whiz to know that the person knew about Fabricated Weapons, and that, since he did know, he's going after any who make, and probably after that, any who wield Fabricated Weapons."

Veritas sighed as he said that. "My name is Veritas Night. I am holder of the Fabricated Armament - Sword of the King, Excalibur Replica. My blade is not as powerful as yours - yet, but I am certain I could unlock new abilities as time goes on. " stated Veritas to Abelhard.

Legacy
Member Avatar
I lurk because I care
A facility where they're kept? "So a place like that exists..." Just what were Fabricated Weapons anyway? Who created them and what was their purpose? Even if he didn't know the answers to these questions, Abel would move forward. He had a mission of his own to complete and Almighty God would see fit to give him the information he needed if and when he needed it. Still, he definitely wanted to know more about this person standing in front of him.

He said he had handlers and he wields a weapon modeled after the legendary Excalibur. Moreover, he seemed to know about Joyeuse which put him at a disadvantage. However this was no time to consider his own safety. God would protect him if He chose to. It was up to Abel to decide what to do with that responsibility.

"There's only one possible choice, then." He said with conviction, pressing his glasses up against his face. "We'll work together, become allies, and stop this person. I won't allow senseless slaughter against innocent people, especially knowing that I'm supposed to be one of the targets. So please, Veritas, let's get stronger together!"

Fabricated Weapons...

Whatever they were, wherever they came from, were they just weapons in the end? Or did they really have a greater purpose?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Dojo · Next Topic »
Add Reply

- Affiliates -
- Hosting and Directory Affiliates -
FreeDomain.co.nr
RPG-D
Shadowplay Topsites
RPG Initiative
- Forum Board Affiliates -
Senki Academy
Shinigami Generation
Avalon a Panfandom RP
Theme/Skin created by Menindrag. Find more great designs at the ZetaBoards Theme Zone.

All images and creative content on Senki Academy are properties of their respective creators. If you're a creator and object to seeing your content displayed on this site, please contact the admin. We respect your wishes as a creator and will honour all requests for content removal.