Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Basket Case ~ Manage My Burden; Closed
Topic Started: Apr 29 2018, 02:52 AM (281 Views)
Legacy
Member Avatar
I lurk because I care
"When did she become the manager?"

"She seems too short to manage basketball..."

"She's really cute but I heard the other players say she's really cold and harsh."

Rumors had been flying the past few days about the basketball team's new manager. Short, with white hair and bronze-colored skin, she seemed the opposite of the sort of person one might expect, but things seemed to be going along smoothly so far. Although a bit shy and seemingly odd at times, the cold hearted bronze manager had endeared herself to them through her courage and perseverance.

As well as the fact that no one wanted to cross the half-ton robot with a temper.

Still, even for Knocks Qidem, being manager hadn't turned out exactly as as she expected. Rather, it was mostly just picking up balls, enforcing practice regimens, mopping floors, and washing uniforms. In other words, it was thankless work for a bunch of people who barely noticed her existence. Still, she was putting herself out there, which was something, right? It beat staying in and looking for an excuse to burn down her dorm room again...

Plus she could get angry at them without getting in trouble.

On this particular day, practice had already ended for the afternoon, which meant nothing to the club manager who still had to work. Noxi picked up a nearby ball and sighed, tossing it in the large bin she rolled behind her. There were several more scattered about and for now the place appeared empty. With her abilities she could probably have cleaned everything up in just a few moments, but let's face it, what's the hurry? It wasn't as if she had anywhere else to be.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Raiores

it started getting warmer. Not noticeably. Steps could be heard in here if someone bothered to pay attention. A noise could be heard. A ball hit the ground and bounced up. It has been another boring day. The field was empty except for a girl collecting the balls. Yo! A voice called from behind the girl. If she turned around, the ball would be thrown at the ground and bounce towards her.

There Raiores would stand with a friendly smile on his face. Want to play a little? He would offer her a game. Not that he liked basketball that much, but he could kill time. What else could he ask for? He hardly even knew the rules, he was probably going to lose the match, but it was fun anyway. So he prepared to make laughable mistakes, to get some painful injuries, and tried to get himself involved in a match with the manager. Ain't he smart?

Legacy
Member Avatar
I lurk because I care
Noxi registered the temperature increase in the room. The gym's air conditioning groaned into effect as if in protest, though it didn't bother her. Heat, cold, pain, she could sense these things but they didn't affect her like they did other people. Unfortunately, the same was true about social advances. Though no one could hear her internal anxiety groaning in protest. Just who does something like that anyhow?

Someone who clearly meant to tease her, that's who.

The ball bounced in her direction and in a surprisingly deft movement executed without so much as looking up, she swung the ball cart in the path of the basketball so that it landed safely on top of the other balls she'd gathered. She didn't recognize whoever threw it, but it didn't matter. She didn't trust him any more for being a stranger than we should if it were someone she openly hated.

"Thank you. There's a few more over by you, if you want to help." She said coldly, openly ignoring what he'd said moments before. Still, if he wanted to help her finish putting away the equipment, she wasn't going to argue. He was free to do with whatever he pleased with his own life.

Knocks picked up another ball in her path and set it quietly on top of the rest.

Raiores

Uhh... Heheheh... Raiores scratched the back of his head with a smile on his face, trying to lighten the mood a little. It was awkward or so he felt. He walked a few steps and bent his knee, reaching out to one of the balls. Okie! He picked the ball up and slowly placed it in the basket with the others. He walked towards another, bent down, picked it up, and three it at the basket. And a third, and a fourth.

And as he helped that girl, he thought they could have a little conversation. I'm Raiores, and what do I call you? This didn't sound like one you could easily talk to, but maybe she never really intended to sound like that. Or maybe she would be easier to talk to once he gets to know her. Well, he wouldn't know unless he tried of course.

He didn't know how he sounded to her either. Someone who meant to tease her, but he wasn't. And he didn't know that's how he sounded. He had been misjudged like that at times, he knew it could pretty much be what she thinks of him. A troll. He couldn't know for sure however, and preferred to think that's not how it is. He just hoped she'd give him a chance to prove otherwise if it was.

Legacy
Member Avatar
I lurk because I care
She didn't immediately reply, choosing instead to work peacefully alongside the stranger. It was easier like this, not having to force herself into the conversation too much and not have to question his motives. Maybe she was being too harsh. If all he wanted to do was mess with her, doing something like this would require a lot of patience. In her experience, bullies rarely had much patience. However, that didn't make them friends or anything. Anyone would agree, it took more than that to acknowledge someone's existence.

"Knocks. Class 1-A. No blood type." Was her only reply. As she tossed the last of the balls into the cart, she wandered over to a second, metal cart lined with weighted medicine balls and began rolling it towards the equipment closet. Stopping partway, she turned to glance warily at the stranger called Raiores.

"Get the ball cart and bring follow me."

Well, that was strangely outgoing of her.

Wait, no blood type?

Raiores

He kept silently collecting the balls. He assumed she couldn't hear him, but it felt awkward for him to repeat himself. He could leave introductions for later anyway. There were now a few more balls he had to worry about.

As he threw the last ball on his side of the field to the cart, he heard her say something. (knocks? As in, knocking--... Oh wait!) Raiores thought about her name, giving no more than a confused look, before realizing from the rest of her introduction. (Ha! She did hear me!)

He walked over to the cart she left and pushed it. He followed her as she said.

No blood type...(?) He thought out loud after her. He looked confused. He could come up with some assumptions. Maybe it was supposed to represent something about her personality. However, he could never have guessed she was an android.

Legacy
Member Avatar
I lurk because I care
She wandered at a casual pace to the back of the large storage room, the pair surrounded by rows upon rows of workout equipment and sports paraphernalia. The evening sun bathed the room in an orange glow from the windows near the back. And the back was where they were headed.

She stopped finally in front of the windows, pushing the cart gently into the corner and wiping nonexistent sweat from her tiny brow with a tiny, bronze arm. "Thank you." Was all she said to the stranger who had graciously followed her inside, who had helped her without being asked.

However, just outside the equipment room...

"Hey, I think someone left the door to the equipment room open." A faceless student, just passing by, happened upon the equipment room entirely by accident. He, also without being asked, decided to help as well.

And closed the door.

From inside, Knocks heard the click with her mechanically enhanced senses, but paid it little attention. After all, no one else stayed this late after school, what were the odds someone had actually locked them inside? Moreover, she didn't have time to waste being locked in rooms.

"I should be going. I have to take the uniforms home to wash." She said flatly. The duties of being a sports club manager seemed oddly similar to those of being a mother.

The irony was not lost on her.

Raiores

Halfway towards the room, the cart was getting heavier. Maybe Raiores needed a rest now, but he was too busy to realize. He couldn't help but watch amazedly how the little girl wasn't tired the least. He didn't even know she was pushing something heavier than him.

(And in the end,... No sweat? Did she say no blood type earlier? Is she even human?)

Everything was fitting well together, but he had never seen an android, and could never even guess there was one around, pretty much the one he is talking to at the moment.

He left the cart his cart near Knock's and sat on the bench to breath heavily. "Anytime! Good luck!" He replied to her, naturally drawing a smile on his tired face, before he leaned back on the wall and continued catching some breath.

A few minutes and he would leave. If he could.

Legacy
Member Avatar
I lurk because I care
"..." Noxi watched him wordlessly as he slumped to the ground out of breath. Far different from the conditioned athletes she was used to dealing with, or even someone like herself, he seemed sort of fragile. Even knowing that, he'd still offered to help her.

She supposed... that was worth something. Turning on her heel, she wandered over to the corner opposite the one they had left the carts and over to a pile of nondescript items under a blanket. The sound of a fridge door opening a closing preceded her return. Clutched in her small, bronze fingers was a bottle of blue liquid with an odd label. On it was a large, flexing bicep and the words 'Super Sport Fuel' written in English. It was, for all intents and purposes, a cold sports drink.

Knocks avoided looking directly at him as she held it out for him to take. Although it was difficult to tell with her unusual skin tone and lack of blood, she might have been blushing, albeit just slightly.

"Good game... out there.."

W-Was she his manager too, now...?

Raiores

"Thanks!" He couldn't exactly understand what she meant at first, but he'd thank her anyway. For that, and for the drink. He was never really into such things, but he knew better than to reject something from a cute little girl like her.

He took the bottle and started drinking. He was disturbed by the coldness of her skin for a moment, but didn't pay it much attention. Little did he know, it was for an android's inability to produce heat.

He continued breathing heavily after drinking the bottle, it all went down his throat before he moved it off his lips. He rested his back on the wall for a moment, and stood up after.

He was feeling refreshed now, hyped though. He wasn't used to these drinks.

Hey, mind if I walk along to your dorm? He gave the offer and hoped he wouldn't have to continue the rest of his day boring as it was at first. Maybe they could spend some time in her dorm too when they reach. If she offered of course.

He could be trying to find something to do, but this girl sounded like someone he would like when he gets to know her.

Legacy
Member Avatar
I lurk because I care
She seemed to pay closer attention to him following his offer to walk her back to the girl's dorm, regarding him closely. "... Are you..." She hesitated, boring into him with her cold, intense gaze. "Some sort of pervert?" Her voice seemed as blank as her expression, but somehow her words still stung.

It all made sense.

Approaching her after hours.

Trying to get her guard down by helping her with her club duties.

Cornering her in a closet. And now...

Offering to take her back to the women's dorm...

"In the future, you should try to be less obvious about it..." She said, with an expression that almost resembled... pity? Dismayed at her bad luck, Knocks turned to leave. If only he'd been honest from the start, maybe she might've respected his masculine desires, even if she could do nothing to assuage them.

Raiores

Hmm? Time slowed down as she hesitated to continue. Raiores was curious what she wanted to ask about. In these few moments, he started guessing what she could have to ask. But he didn't exactly get it right.

On the inside, be was pissed. Of all things he could be called, a pervert was what he hated most.

On the outside, he was just confused. He was a little bit of both really.

Maybe he should prove somehow that he isn't. But isn't that what he'd do if he really was? And just forgetting about her and leaving would be something a pervert could do too. It felt funny finding himself in such situation. He just hoped to save his reputation, the potential friend came in second place. He wouldn't like to live through the joke of being called a pervert. Throughout the whole year.

Oh and the punch line, he really isn't.

He kept looking at her and shrugging, having no idea what he should say now.

He remembers being in similar situation before, but it was never with someone like that girl. Who wouldn't bear with a pervert long enough to realize he isn't one.

She started leaving. He had no idea what to do now, Hey wait! He tried follow her to explain, maybe she'd understand.

Legacy
Member Avatar
I lurk because I care
As she reached the door to the equipment room, she stopped, but didn't turn around. He seemed agitated, but that was to be expected since his seduction gambit had apparently failed and she had left him exposed.

Still, he'd have plenty of time to try and a different approach given that...

"Don't worry if you can't think of anything less clumsy to say in your defense. You'll have your entire youth to rethink your strategy." Was that supposed to sound profound...?

"Or at the very least, you'll have the entirety of this evening and tomorrow morning. It seems someone closed to the door without realizing we were in here." Of course that was more of a problem for the human type being that had a great many biological needs compared to a simple gynoid. "What I'm saying is, we're locked in and no one will be back here until morning."

Her voice remained flat and seemingly unconcerned for their predicament.

It honestly didn't seem like a huge problem to her.

Raiores

Uhh... Well, look, I'm not a pervert, ok? He said blankly, feeling weird to be explaining himself that way. Well, he didn't know what else he was supposed to say. He was probably going to just leave and hopefully they'd forget about it, this felt awkward in a way for him.

Oh wait, too bad. Won't happen. While he didn't have much on his schedule to fare about staying here, leaving was probably going to be better for him. Well, not that he got a choice.

He looked at her with a (._.) Face. Well,... She didn't seem to mind staying there. Well, she apparently doesn't even mind perverts. He still isn't one. Well, he has something else to worry about Now. Don't assume you have food, do you?

Legacy
Member Avatar
I lurk because I care
"..." Her face was blank, but somehow her expression made it seem like she didn't believe him. "I already said... that it was ok, didn't I?" Ah, so she really didn't believe him, then...

As for the other question, she placed a pair of tiny fingers in her chin thoughtfully, before glancing towards a certain shelf. Yes, she was sure it was there. Or nearby, at least. "I do keep treats in here for when the team do their drills properly..." Are they your dogs or something?? "But it seems wrong to give away something like that for nothing. Twenty sumo squats should do for a non-athlete." Did she forget they're trapped in here? This isn't a summer training camp...

And yet, she seemed completely serious. "If you do extra, I can give you another sport drink as well." She's secretly enjoying this, isn't she?

Raiores

He stared blankly. Well, who would believe him like that. Was it time to accept the life of a pervert now? Well, it could be easy, he didn't think of himself that way, but he remembers this scenario. Except for the little twist, they're stuck and he needs to worry about that. Well, it wasn't so bad really, but leaving>staying any day of the week.

She apparently was thinking of something when she glanced at that shelf, it was scary indeed. Maybe just stealing the food without whatever she'd ask would be easy. But ain't that scarier. She started explaining. For a moment, he thought he was saved. "So, you're like a trainer here?" He even started talking freely again. Poor thing was in for one hell of a surprise.

He stared at her in great horror. He had never been asked for that. Leaving bed early was far as athleteness goes for him. "Please don't make me do that!" He would start begging more if that wasn't enough for her. He could live that day without food, but he didn't want to. Poor thing.

Legacy
Member Avatar
I lurk because I care
"Being a manager comes with a great many duties. It really is kind of a lot." She said, seeming a bit surprised by her own statement. Of course, it was only just recently she came into the position and discovered what it truly entailed so that was certainly possible. "I'm a coach, a trainer, a nutritionist, a cheer captain, a launderer, a masseuse, a nurse, and some of them see me as an older sister of sorts."

Or maybe just a very responsible younger sister given her size...

"But if you don't want to do training then..." Knocks walked over to a nearby shelf, effortlessly pushing aside some weights to reveal an ordinary looking box. Reaching in, she grabbed a small item and turned back to Raiores. "Tell me what you're doing at Senki." She flicked her wrist as she asked the question, sending the object towards her new acquaintance. It appeared to be...

A power bar?

"That's the best flavor they make, it's very rare." Mostly because she buys or steals all the stock on the island so the players can't buy it themselves, but that's another problem...

Raiores

"So you're the manager? That's... A lot indeed. Could help you from time to another maybe~" He may or may not have sounded as if he meant it sincerely. Well, he was willing to help if she asked, not that she'd do though. Anyway, back to the talk that mattered.

Raiores watched her go excitedly, he was getting hungry, and thought he'd get free food. When she returned to him, he extended his hand to take the food. "Thank you--... Wait, she won't just let him eat.

"I just have a power and need to have better control over it is all, can I have it?" He answered her, and reached out to take it again. If that answer wasn't enough for her, especially after mentioning the rarity of that bar, he would say more, "I lose control of it at times, last time I hurt some. Can I please have it now?"

Legacy
Member Avatar
I lurk because I care
"... So join the basketball club and I'll put you to work." Knocks said flatly. She definitely seemed the type to be blunt and say whatever she was thinking at the time.

Moreover, who would find that sort of pitch appealing at all?

"I suppose that's pretty much everyone's story here." Granted, her own story was a bit different, but so was her existence. Fundamentally, she was separated from everyone else that way, and that's why...

Knocks held out power bar for him to take, but before reaching out all that way, she broke it in half and took that piece in her other hand. Withholding the other half from him, she asked a follow up question. "Did you hurt someone you care about? Did they forgive you? Did they understand that you just made a mistake?" Even though she said such things with that cold expression, the question obviously meant something to her.

Raiores

Raiores thought about it for a moment, it was nice she considered his offer. "Hmm..." He didn't think he could be of much help in a basketball team. But it could be fun. "Will you go easy on me?" He chuckled as he asked. Having knocks as a manager wouldn't be easy work probably, but in his head, it's fun indeed.

He reached his hand to take the bar. He though it probably wouldn't fill him up for the night, but it'd do.

Unfortunately though, he couldn't have it yet. Not whole at least. "Nothing major really, they forgive me I believe." He answered as he took a bite of the bar she had given and sat on a bench. "Let's not talk about it, ok? Thanks for the snack!"

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Gymnasium · Next Topic »
Add Reply

- Affiliates -
- Hosting and Directory Affiliates -
FreeDomain.co.nr
RPG-D
Shadowplay Topsites
RPG Initiative
- Forum Board Affiliates -
Senki Academy
Shinigami Generation
Avalon a Panfandom RP
Theme/Skin created by Menindrag. Find more great designs at the ZetaBoards Theme Zone.

All images and creative content on Senki Academy are properties of their respective creators. If you're a creator and object to seeing your content displayed on this site, please contact the admin. We respect your wishes as a creator and will honour all requests for content removal.