Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Master of the Phantom Dance Floor; Closed
Topic Started: Apr 15 2018, 09:53 AM (254 Views)
Maou
Member Avatar
POMF =3
Madeline was lying in bed, looking up at the ceiling of her bedroom while listening to some music. There was something that was bothering her, something she felt she might be forgetting. She couldn't place a finger on it; was it a concept, or an object?

"That's it, I forgot my damn homework for tomorrow!"

She exclaimed, sitting up from her previous resting position and moving over to the side of the bed. Maddie looked over at her phone, checking the time and seeing that it was already the next day at 1:25am.

"Damn, it's probably closed, too. Hmmm."

After thinking for a bit, Madeline got dressed and drove off towards the port where she worked; the Crimson Rose. Just as she thought, it was closed but the ramp was down for guests to enter. There weren't any visible lights she could discern from her angle. Nonetheless she was gonna try and get in to get her homework, her teachers already upset with her performance and she didn't want to trouble her mother anymore than she already was.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Fin
Member Avatar
B-Rank in H
At the bottom of the ramp leading up to the entrance of the Crimson Rose, a person stood by their lonesome.

That one person was Seth Ryouga, a member of the VeNM-KC security branch. He, along with some other members of the Security Sector, a subsidiary of the company he worked for specializing in private security, has been assigned a security task for the Crimson Rose for the night.

Seth had somehow managed to get the short end of the stick and was posted to standby outside. In the cold. In the dark.

At least it's not as cold as in winter, but damn this is unlucky for him. The young man was not only bored, but he was also annoyed that he had to spend tonight standing here on guard by himself instead of being with his girlfriend back home.

Maou
Member Avatar
POMF =3
It didn't take her too long to arrive, parking her motorcycle just off of the pier in a nearby parking lot. Of course, being the engine of a motorcycle, it could be heard coming quite clearly in the silence of the night. After shutting off the engine and engaging the kickstand, Madeline made her way to the port at which the ship was anchored for the night.

"Oh, security's here. I thought they only are here during the evening,"

Madeline said aloud to herself as she walked up to the security guard on duty. As she got closer, the face of the individual became clearer and clearer to distinguish from a simple facial blob. It was a face she just barely recognized, enough to give her the impression that she met him somewhere before. Nonetheless, she approached him with her hands on her hips.

"Hey, I need to get back in. I left something inside."

She said with a hint command in her voice, looking up at the slightly taller young man standing before her.

Fin
Member Avatar
B-Rank in H
"...Aaah?"

Seth unconsciously put on his worst thuggish face for the visitor.

...At least, he thought it was just a visitor. Which meant that he can't, and shouldn't have been rude to them. Even though she did sound... annoyingly haughty. "Ah... wait, sorry. Uh..." He took a short second to remember the tasks and procedure he had been briefed with before he started his duty for the night.

Right. Well. "...I can't let you in, sorry," He answered, putting on his professional bouncer or bodyguard posture. Or so was the image in his head. "The Crimson Rose is currently restricted to special guests with invitation. We can ask for the workers to look for your lost item and you may retrieve it tomorrow,"

Seth nodded to himself, praising himself for a job well done.

Maou
Member Avatar
POMF =3
"What? I just need to pop in and then you won't see me for the rest of the night,"

Madeline explained, crossing her arms and slightly leaning to the side as she listen to what the rest of the guard was saying. She raised a brow when she heard that the club was restricted to special guests with invitations. She didn't recall there being an after party, let alone not getting asked if she'd like to work extra hours.

The guard also mentioned that he could ask the workers to look for her lost item and that she could get it by tomorrow. It took a lot of will not to say that she worked at the club, but the less people knew she worked at the club the better. Not to mention she couldn't wait for tomorrow, considering she had to bring in her homework that morning.

"Well I don't have that luxury,"

Madeline said, moving around him to try and sidestep the guard. She was motivated to get in, whether or not the guard wanted her to.

Fin
Member Avatar
B-Rank in H
Simple motivation unfortunately wouldn't allow the girl to get past the guard. Seth pretty much just slid right in front of her whichever sides she decided to step to, and continues to do so to block her way.

Is this guy a robot or something...?

"I'm really really sorry missy..." The young man added, clasping his hands together and bowing somewhat apologetically. "But I do have a job to do, and it'd be really bad for me to let this slide..."

He certainly doesn't seem like he'll be budging from his post for any small reasons. Not to mention he has no idea if she's even telling the truth, let alone keep her words, but on that part, he'll give her the benefit of the doubt.

Maou
Member Avatar
POMF =3
"Wha-!? Come on, just let me through!"

After hearing him apologize, she crossed her arms before staring him down. It really did seem like he wasn't going to budge, especially considering the way he easily moved in front of her.

"Tch. Fine, I'll talk to your boss about this."

Madeline threatened as she turned away and began walking off, hoping he wouldn't call her bluff. Even if he did, she'd walk off out of sight but still within the area.

There was definitely a couple ways onto the ship, though the guard on duty could possibly know about them. She had to think of something or she was going to go to class empty handed, Madeline definitely not wanting that scenario since she actually took the time to do the homework this time.

"Dog ate my homework."

She said quietly aloud to herself, chuckling at how it wasn't literal but more metaphoric, considering the guard was acting as the dog in this case.

Fin
Member Avatar
B-Rank in H
"...Eh?! Waitwaitwait, why would you do that?!"

...Forget calling her bluff, he actually fell straight for it. "I mean... Well... aaagh, okay okay!" So much for his job, the guard ended up surrendering quite easily. One would have to wonder where his priorities actually lie. "Just... just to get your things, okay? And not for long!"

This guard is not a very good guard, apparently.

Maou
Member Avatar
POMF =3
"Was that all it took? Some security."

She thought to herself as she watched him, giving him a look of pity due to how easily he broke under pressure. Either way she was able to get through, making her way up the ramp and onto the ship.

Once she made her way inside, she looked around and couldn't see all that well since most of the lights were out. Madeline pulled out her phone and activated the light on the back, using it as a flashlight as she managed through the dark.

"For having special guests, it sure is dark and vacant."

Madeline said to herself as she walked slowly through the dark, feeling a bit creeped out due to the lack of lights and eerie ambience. Once she got her bearings, Madeline quickly made her way to where she believed she left her bag. However, she'd soon hear the sound of music playing, albeit a bit muffled and crackling.

"I probably shouldn't....but I will."

She said aloud to herself, venturing over to a closed door from which she could see a bit of light pouring out from the bottom. As she neared the door, she could hear the sound of voices emanating from the other side, some laughter here and there could also be heard.

As quietly as she could, Madeline turned the handle that led to the dining area of the ship, attempting to create enough of a crack to peek inside. The more she concentrated on not making a sound, the less she was aware that the talking had stopped.

Once a big enough crack was made for her to peer through, Madeline came to that realization; that the sounds of talking, even the music, had stopped. She took an audible gulp as curiosity got the better of her, peeking through and met with the sight of someone peering back at her.

"Ahhh!"

She yelled out, falling back with the door opening up as Madeline tried to use the handle as leverage to keep her up. Her yell was quite loud, possibly loud enough for a certain bad security guard to hear.

"Looks like we have a trespasser. Can I eat her?"

The figure said, staring back at her as the lighting from the room behind her made it a bit difficult to make her out. Madeline crawled backwards, looking past her and seeing several others, though they were easier to distinguish.

"U-Uh, sorry, I must be lost."

Madeline tried explaining as she attempted to stand up after creating a small distance between her and the figure.

"Oh, you don't have to worry about being lost anymore, darling."

The figure said, moving forward a bit and into a bit of the moonlight. The figure's face became more and more clear, her jaw extending with a sadistic look on her fact.

Madeline yelled again, fumbling to her feet to try and make a dash for the exit. The moment she exited the main room, she found herself right back in it, almost as if she went through a revolving door.

"Wha-! No way!"

She said to herself, looking to see the figure at the other end of the room, just watching her with her mouth still agape. Quickly, Madeline reached into her boot and pulled out a knife, holding it in front of her ready to defend herself.

"Stay back! Just let me out of here and I'll forget I saw everything! I-I'll even quit, you won't see me around here anymore!"

The figure laughed, levitating towards Madeline who was still holding her knife out.

"I don't think that's going to work, dear."

The figure said, pushing herself against Madeline with the knife going in with ease and no signs of pain coming from the figure.

"Enough. You're going to give her a heart attack. If that happens, I'll have to hire another and I hate going through the process."

Another voice said, coming from the room. As the person spoke, she made her way into the main room, coming around the corner with her arms at her side.

"Come here, Madeline. You might be unaware but I'm your actual employer; the one that owns this ship."

The girl said, Madeline feeling compelled to obey what she was saying. It was more of a suggestion in her head rather than an order, though her mind was already shaken enough.

Fin
Member Avatar
B-Rank in H
He had probably lost the girl earlier, despite his effort to keep her in his sight. Then again, the whole place is annoyingly dark. He wished they would at least keep the lights on. "Girl? You okay?" Seth called out when he first heard her yelp from... somewhere.

Then he heard another yell from her. He thought she might've gotten into some kind of trouble. A bit of panic started welling up in him, but he was more worried for his own track record than her safety. "Girl, wherever you are, please stay put and don't cause any trouble!" He wasn't even sure if him calling out to the empty corridor really helped, but he had to say something.

Eventually he'd reach whichever room the party was happening. Seth gingerly opened the door and peered inside. He thought it would be a bit more lively, but it was oddly quiet. "Excuse me... Don't mind me but, have you guys seen-"

The girl from earlier. It was hard to see with the lighting, but he saw she had a knife out. And the knife was inside one of the guests. As in, in a usually unsafe and dangerous way.

...She's already caused trouble, didn't she. Though, it's totally going to be on him since he let her inside. "...Aaaaaa... I'm sorry for the trouble!" Seth panicked immediately, reaching out to grab the girl right away and making her and himself bow down in apology. "I'm sorry, I was the one who let her in! Don't worry, I'll see her out immediately, please don't tell my boss about this!"

In the end that was all that he really cared about.

Maou
Member Avatar
POMF =3
Just as Madeline was about to make her way to the table where the girl had called to her, Seth entered the room and began apologizing, pulling Madeline back and excusing her actions for her.

"Oh, you're the guard they sent then?"

The younger looking girl asked, still seated while looking over to him. Prior to this meeting, this'd be the first time she met the one who had been guarding the ship after hours, at least during special times. The one who had been stabbed floated back and away from the two, taking her seat back at the table without any sort of harm having been done to her.

"Although I will be talking to your employer, you may as well join us for a short period of time. I'd like to gather some information from you two, seeing as you both have knowledge of what goes on during business hours."

The girl said, two seats moving away from the dinning table, inviting them in. The words the girl spoke would resonate within them; a powerful suggestion, one could call it.

With proper lighting, the other guests were more visible now. It was clear that they weren't your typical club goers, especially considering they were on the ship after hours with barely any lights on.

Besides the young looking girl at the head of the table, there were two individuals to the left of her, occupying the closest seats to the younger girl; the young lady that had been stabbed and another woman that looked like a witch. One woman sat alone on the young girls right, her appearance seeming more demonic-like, mostly in part due to the horns on her head.

If Seth releases Madeline, she'd make her way to the dinning room table, sitting next to the demonic-looking woman. As she walked towards the table, her movements seemed like she was sleepwalking, possibly due to the young girl's suggestion at joining them.

Fin
Member Avatar
B-Rank in H
Aaaah...

Looks like he's pretty boned either way. Dammit. His profuse yet ultimately futile stream of apology ended with deflation.

"I should have stayed at the entrance..." Seth muttered in a desperate effort to hide his grief. He probably should be heading back to his post, but at this point, it probably wouldn't have helped either way.

The guy just lifelessly drifted away following Madeline to any available seat. Whether or not his obedience is due to the subconscious voice in his head telling him to is anyone's guess.

"Uh. I'm probably not someone you want to ask then," Seth admitted truthfully, seeing as he doesn't actually get stationed to work on the ship even during the day. Or night. "I am but a simple security officer for hire, Seth Ryouga, working under VeNM-KC Corporation,"

Sounds like a pretty proud introduction of himself, for some reason.

Maou
Member Avatar
POMF =3
"Well, you can give me some details about your daily life. It's important that I get to know the locals to further improve the operations here."

The pale, young-looking girl said in response to Seth saying he wasn't the best person to ask.

"My, where are my manners? Allow me to introduce myself and my guests. My name is Aurelia Ashland, owner and captain of the Crimson Rose. You might know me as 'Charon', thought that is simply a moniker considering the circumstances."

The girl now known as Aurelia did her best to give a bow in her seat, simply bowing her head forward as a result.

"To my left is Winifred and to her left is Phoebe. Over here is...well, you can call her Kar."

The order in which Aurelia introduced her guests would be the order that Seth and Madeline received some form of visual greeting sans Kar. With introductions out of the way, at least from their end, Aurelia snapped her fingers.

Several seconds later Seth and Madeline would find a couple plates floating to the table in front of them. Before them sat a plate of rice and curry, a bit simple to say the least.

"I'd offer something a bit better but your appearance was rather unexpected. Anyway, back to what I was saying, tell me a bit about yourself."

Aurelia looked to Madeline first, seeing as she knew she was an employee. The other guests also turned their attention towards Madeline sans Kar, who only looked in her direction.

"U-Uh...well, you see. I go to school and I work here. Heh heh..."

It was clear that Madeline was a little nervous, mostly from the atmosphere as well as the rest of the guests examining her as she spoke.

"That's it? Surely there's more to you than school and work. What do you like to do in your free time? Do you have hobbies? Surely there are things that you enjoy. For myself, I like to walk the port and listen to the conversations that people have. I'm a bit of an eavesdropper, so don't feel too guilty about anything you might want to say."

"Oh, right, hobbies. I like to work on my bike, learning about it and do any repairs that might need doing. Because of that I like to ride around the city, travel and all that jazz."

"I see, how fun. Traveling is certainly something that I personally love as well. However, I'm a bit bound at the moment managing the club here. Not literally, of course. What about you, Seth?"

The attention was now on Seth, the girls looking to him and waiting for him to share a bit about himself.

Fin
Member Avatar
B-Rank in H
Oh. Well, okay, so they just want to get to know... normal people? He's been given notice that the attendees of the night would all be... non-humans, he supposed. Not fully, at least.

Guess it would make sense for the owner herself to be one. Seth gave little bows as he was, introduced to the captain herself, Aurelia, Winifred, Phoebe, and Kar.

Why do they tend to look so young and illegal to attend these kind of night parties...?

"...What, you work here?" That was indeed the first thing he had to say. Because really, then he might've at least been a bit more lenient earlier.

Not that it matters now anyway. Gah. "Uh... well, I'm a security officer..." Which they already knew. Why must self-introduction be so hard, he wondered. "I guess I also run a detective office. Not that anyone really knows about it," Indeed, most of his 'private investigation' works usually boils down to odd errands around town, very much lacking much of the 'investigation' part.

"Uhh... I don't really do much in my free time..." That was one thing he's a bit embarrassed to admit, not having very much interest except for some very few specific activities. "I mean... I play with my girlfriend every day... And uh..." Seth pretty much is blanking out on any more answers. It wasn't something that he really gave very much thought of, but now that he does, he... really doesn't do very much stuff, does he?

Seth is pretty much in the phase of being settled in. For now at least, and he's not exactly giving a thought on what goes after.

Maou
Member Avatar
POMF =3
"Eh...Yeah. Is there a problem with that?"

Madeline asked, crossing her arms and looking to Seth with an upset look. It seemed like she was offended by what Seth was insinuating, even if he wasn't. It was more of her own defense mechanism, a secret revealed that she was working at the club.

"A detective agency, huh? That sounds interesting. So if I gave you a case, would you accept it?"

Aurelia asked, leaning forward a bit, slightly intrigued by the idea of having a private investigator as an acquaintance. She continued to hear him out, hearing him explain that he doesn't do too much in his free time. When Seth said he played with his girlfriend, Aurelia raised a brow. Madeline simply facepalmed with a blushing face, even shaking her head.

"You're an idiot."

Madeline said, looking at him through the corner of her eye, her hand covering a small portion of her face. Winifred seemed to be chuckling while Phoebe and Kar were simply staring at Seth, silently and clearly unamused.

Fin
Member Avatar
B-Rank in H
"...What, you asked!" He retorted incredulously at their responses.

They did ask. He just answered honestly. Even though that's probably not quite an excuse for being less than shameful about it. "I mean, solving cases would've been what I do in my free time," A bit miffed now, the young man answered huffily and crossed his arms. Pouting. "But it's not like I get cases every day. ...Even when I do they're just errands or something,"

Like shopping groceries for someone or taking care of their pets while they're away. ...Hardly reputable jobs for a self-employed 'detective'. "...I mean, so yeah, if you do have a case, then probably, sure. I'll take it,"

At least he got to advertise here a bit. Not in the way that he would've preferred, but still.

Maou
Member Avatar
POMF =3
Aurelia continued to listen to Seth as he explained he solved cases in his free time, though the amount of cases he receives to begin with weren't anything to boast about; nor were their content.

"Hmm, okay. I will let my other clients know if they need some investigating done."

Madeline simply sat silently as she followed the conversation, though the way it was going sounded as if Seth just accepted some repeatable quest from an NPC. Had she the capacity to do so, she'd laugh at the metaphysical level.

"I beseech thee to reconsider acquiring the help of a mere mortal human, especially with the deeds of an individual such as yourself."

The demonic woman spoke, breaking her silence with quite the aggressive suggestion to Aurelia. The host closed her hand and held up her hand as if to have her halt any further ideas.

Kar turned her attention from Aurelia to Seth and Madeline, looking to them before fading away. One could assume she went invisible but Winifred would soon remove any questioning one might have.

"Aww, someone made Kar mad and made her leave."

Winifred said in a teasing tone, covering her smirk with her hand in a posh sort of way.

"Do not mind her, she's just a little cranky. It's been a while since she's interacted with other humans."

Fin
Member Avatar
B-Rank in H
"...What'd I do?" Seth couldn't help but feel a bit put off by one of them leaving because of him. In a way, at least, he didn't see anything that could be his fault.

He wondered just how often the attendees of this party talk to normal people.

Putting that aside, looks like he just got himself a small bit of contact for potential jobs in the future. Which wasn't something he anticipated, but hey. "I mean... sure, whenever I'm free, I guess," The young man scratched his head. He wasn't sure what kind of jobs they would ask from him, considering most of what he did had been nothing but regular errands.

This would have been the part where he would provide potential clients with his business cards. But he doesn't have any, and even if he did, he wouldn't have brought it with him since he's actually working at the moment. "...Uuuh, so... you said you work here?"

He asked Madeline all of a sudden, wanting to just have some kind of topic to talk about.

Maou
Member Avatar
POMF =3
Aurelia nodded, confirming what Seth had said that he'd pick up a job whenever he was available. Taking a job from a vampire doesn't sound like it should come with a warning, does it? Do Seth and Madeline even know Aurelia is a vampire? Or that the guests weren't normal either?

"Uh...yeah, I do."

Madeline said nervously, though out of embarrassment rather than fear; although fear of him knowing she worked at the club wasn't too far behind either.

"I'm unrecognizable when I work though. It's part of the uniform!"

"I do not recall having such a uniform be mandatory as part of employment. At least not modified to the extent at which you currently have it."

"Busted!"

"I-I mean...Just forget that I work here, alright?"

Madeline was starting to glow red, not wanting to spill more than she needed to. The secrecy behind her working at the club was that she liked dressing up but it was girly in nature; something like a tomboy desperately trying to avoid.

Fin
Member Avatar
B-Rank in H
...Is she offended? The young man was bemused seeing Madeline's seemingly miffed reaction to his question. He didn't think there was any reason to keep her job a secret or herself unrecognizable, it's not like they really knew each other anyway for the knowledge to matter.

...Or do they?

All of a sudden Seth leaned in right up to Madeline, his face scrunched up in hard concentration as he stared straight at her.

And then it clicked. "...AAH!" A bit too loud for his moment of realization, but when he did he clapped his hands together, pointed at Madeline and said, "You were the grumpy biker girl who made me clean your bike!"

Okay, he was glossing some information a bit there, but that was pretty much what happened in his head. It's a lot more impressing that it took him that long to realize it, though.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Kaneshima Port · Next Topic »
Add Reply

- Affiliates -
- Hosting and Directory Affiliates -
FreeDomain.co.nr
RPG-D
Shadowplay Topsites
RPG Initiative
- Forum Board Affiliates -
Senki Academy
Shinigami Generation
Avalon a Panfandom RP
Theme/Skin created by Menindrag. Find more great designs at the ZetaBoards Theme Zone.

All images and creative content on Senki Academy are properties of their respective creators. If you're a creator and object to seeing your content displayed on this site, please contact the admin. We respect your wishes as a creator and will honour all requests for content removal.