Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
[Obsidian Steel] Origami Soldiers; Mastering the Many Faces Saga - Chapter 4 - Closed
Topic Started: Apr 12 2018, 04:11 PM (1,093 Views)
Nomad
Member Avatar

As the karasu tengu soared through the skies of the Inner World he thought himself to be unmatched in speed and vision. There was no other spirit capable of flight who could see as far or fly as fast. In his mind that made him the ideal watchman for the Wielder, his new ally, when he was not around to deal with the many spirts attached to his sword, Sanzenmen.

Staff in hand and wings spread, Meimu began another round of patrols. It was how he gained his information. By simply flying and observing he could catch a glimpse of whatever he wanted to. No spirit had a chance of escaping his perception. Alone among the clouds as he preferred, Meimu soon found his solitude disturbed when a small flock of birds appeared next to him. They were white and rather sleek, their feathers hard for him to discern.

These spirits. something about these birds caught his attention. Normally, he wouldn't pay such insignificant spirits any mind but their lack of feathers and all white coloration prevented him from prying his eyes away. Let me see their truth.

Meimu raised his staff, its eye ornament flashing red. As a result, the birds changed right before his eyes. No, they didn't transform but rather they reverted. Into what? Mere sheets of paper. Most unusual indeed.

Origami. an art form originating from the Human World. Who is capable of such a thing. a spirit that manipulated paper?That was something that he had never seen before. And he saw everything.

It was just another ordinary day for Zamari. After getting out of school he went to Kintama Park, a place he rarely frequented and sat on a bench to people watch, an activity in which he rarely partook. It was a nice change of pace for someone who usually secluded themselves from others. Being in the mix every once in a while kept his sanity when being out of it couldn't. Plus, a bit of fresh air never hurt.

It's been a long time since I've checked in there. the Inner World where the spirits of his swords resided, a place where he had engaged in many battles all in the effort to gain control over the power he wielded. Are things finally settling down? this was the longest he had ever gone without being harassed by a spirit. Able to finally get weeks of consistent sleep, his face was starting to look relaxed and youthful, his stress gradually starting to ease. He could get used to these changes in his life.

"Wielder! Wielder! Are you there?" a voice spoke to him inside of his head that wasn't his own. It was familiar, belonging to Meimu. What could the crow possibly want? "There are new developments in our world that you should check out with haste."

Zamari groaned. Just when he was getting used to peace for once in his life.

Please don't let it be anything major. he knew that bore little likelihood of being the case. It was rare that he went into the Inner World for anything less than taking down a wicked spirit or settling a dispute. They didn't wait long to make their move. Hitokiri Shigyoushi, his predecessor, and his doppelganger. He thought they would wait longer to strike.

Zamari adjusted himself against the bench. It was a beautiful spring day and he was going to enjoy it as long as he could. That meant ignoring Meimu's request for now.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

It has been a while since Ezan has gone hunting for electronic junk, but this time... He failed. The lizardman carried nothing new with him, no discarded electronic, it has been leaning this way ever since a certain girl has arrived, but that didn't bother him at all... Not when he found out who this girl is.

As such, he was walking home, until he saw a familiar face: Zamari Wells. Has been a while ever since his friend has been so relaxed, and as much of a relief that was, it beget for a question or another on how that was even possible... However...

"Yo, funny to see you here out of all places.", Ezan took seat next to him and leaned back.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Nomad
Member Avatar

When Zamari felt the presence of another on the bench next to him, he became confused. Who at the park knew him well enough to sit down beside him without his permission? Looking out the side of his eye, he saw that it was someone much larger than him. Ezan. The alien lizard man and the first person he met on the island that he could call a friend. Funny running into him after meeting his girlfriend not too long ago.

"'Sup." his greeting was exceptionally nonchalant and improper for him. Zamari being so relaxed was an oddity indeed but getting the right amount of sleep made a large difference in a young man's life. "The weather's getting good. Drives me to alter my routines." he imagined that the park was for such things. Children played, players read the newspaper, joggers jog, dogs chased frisbees. He only sat and existed. No, it wasn't an exciting way to pass time but considering how his life has been as of life boring was a nice change of pace.

"How about you?" he asked Ezan, wondering what brought him to the park. "Didn't think this would be your sort of thing either." did he know that for certain? Not at all but that was his gut feeling.

"Wielder! Wielder! Are you there?"

"Ergh." Zamari clenched his temples with his thumbs. "What...is...it?" he asked someone else who Ezan would not be able to perceive at all. It was obvious that Zamari was no longer speaking to him but another. Who exactly? It wouldn't be too long before that was revealed.
Edited by Nomad, Apr 13 2018, 03:25 PM.

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

"True, it's getting warmer. Meanwhile the fox boy has been sleeping soundly, which is odd... What's got into him to sleep so much now?!", Ezan's concerns on Chairo's behavior as of late were clear as day, but that wasn't what brought him here. "Eh, I was hunting for electronic junk. Ever since this girl has signed up into Senki it was as if people stopped throwing things away. So my hunts amounted to nothing.", a sigh followed the lizarman's words.

Hearing Zamari talk to no one, provoked a snicker from him. "You get used to hearing voices others can't hear, and talking to people that others can't.", at least Ezan found amusement in this scene...

Nomad
Member Avatar

Hunting for electronic junk. That sounded normal for an alien lizard man. Whatever that was. In regards to hearing voices that no one else could, Zamari was an expert on the subject.

"A bird's been gawking in my ear all day." Zamari glared from side to side as if said bird was close. "And I wish he would shut up."

"Wielder! This is so important! You need not ignore! Isn't this what you hired me for!?"

"Then spit out!" Zamari snapped at the secret voice.

People passing by them stopped momentarily to look at the agitated foreigner go off on someone. Though naturally, they assumed that he was speaking to the person next to him, the fact that he was looking straight ahead rather than to his side led them to think otherwise. Must be weird foreigner tendencies. People went back to their business and Zamari tried to recover once he understood that his outburst caused a scene.

"Ignore that." he told Ezan. "You know how it is." if there was anyone there who would understand him it would be the fellow Senki Academy student. Weirdness was apart of their curriculum after all.

"I reason to believe that another predecessor of yours has emerged."

Zamari froze solid as if he were petrified. Meimu did as he was told and now Zamari was regretting ordering him to do so.

"Just my luck...."

Looks like it was back to the Inner World. Again.

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

"I can relate... No offense taken.", Ezan knew well how it was to hear voices, and for such he decided to let Zamari know it didn't bother him if he had an inner voice to talk with or something. But when Zamari seemed shocked, the lizardman lifted an eyebrow.

"How bad is it?", he murmured, eyes darting left and right to make sure no one was peeping on them or something. And internally, he was alerting a creature he housed, in case he needed to shock something or someone in a hurry.

Nomad
Member Avatar

"The spirits," Zamari answered, "we're on speaking terms. Well, some of them anyway." that sounded like progress. He was sure that the last time he and Ezan crossed paths he had no such relationship with them. "You know my sword is special, right? Well, turns out there is another world tied to it. A world occupied entirely by the spirits, the many faces of the sword." if it didn't all make sense right away he couldn't hold it against Ezan. It was a rather random revelation. "I've taken a few trips there already. It isn't any fun whatsoever." was he trying to discourage Ezan from getting any bright ideas. "Let's just carry on with our day. Do you play chess? I've been thinking about getting into it." a new hobby, something he desperately needed to take his mind off the stresses of his bizarre day-to-day life.

Whether he wanted it to happen or not Zamari knew another expedition lurked on the horizon. With this certainty, there came a myriad of other concerns. Who was to be their latest irritant? What kind of man (or woman) was his new predecessor? What kind of spirits would they run into? Wait. Why was he thinking about they instead of he?

I never go it alone do I? he carefully inspected Ezan. I'd say he's cut out for it.

Once he received Ezan's stance on the matter he would decide to invite him along or not. He didn't want to force anyone to tag along or to share his burdens.

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

"At least you're talking to them, that amounts to something, doesn't it?", looking far less nervous now, Ezan leaned back again, staring at the sky, "A whole world inside your sword... Reminds me a bit of the Pandora's Box. Except more exciting. After a hundred puzzles I got really tired of an empty world with a guiding voice."

While Ezan did solve all the puzzles and opened it, the reward that came out of it was far more worth than all the puzzles, he had to admit that at least. A new friend, someone who helped him regain a fraction of his past power... "I wanna stray from chess for a while... Still in puzzle overdose. Hm... Sounds like that world has a lot of adventure, I miss adventuring."

Nomad
Member Avatar

Pandora's Box. He guessed he could call the Inner World something like that. It brought him plenty of troubles but at the same many wonders as well. The Hatsugenko, for instance, was an example of the latter whereas Genkurai and his tyranny were an example of the prior. Did he hate the Inner World? Not entirely. There was some benefit to going there. Each time he returned he not only felt stronger but better. He didn't know exactly how but going to the Inner World seemed to always improve him whether it was mentally or physically. So far the place offered to him one thing he always desired from the real world - a challenge.

"Well if it's adventure you're looking for it won't disappoint." Zamari stood up. "I guess it's only fair I invite you along. I've taken your sister and Chairo." one more companion wasn't going to hurt. Of course, Zamari was worried more about the safety of his friends than his own. The Inner World's unpredictability always made him feel uncomfortable about dragging other people into it. He hadn't regretted doing so yet so that was good.

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

"Ah? Taking me? Where to? Where you took them before? ... What do I need to prepare in advance?", Ezan seemed pretty excited about it already, judging from his expression. Of course, that was justified: Three years traveling with a space wyvern for a technology to time travel, which led him into this timeline, they were the most exciting days of his life.

It was fun, living all the danger, visiting weird and new places here and there, meeting new people from other races and sneaking around when needed. Everything he had been through, even if some pained him... Was well worth it.

Nomad
Member Avatar

"The Inner World of the sword," Zamari told him, "don't worry about packing. You'll be using a spiritual body instead of your actual one."

Motioning for Ezan to follow him, he would him to a secluded area of the park where they could be left in peace by the other patrons. "First let me draw Sanzenmen." he applied the headband and assumed his samurai form, the sword materializing with it. He drew Sanzenmen from its sheath and stuck its blade into the earth. "Now let us meditate." he sat down, crossed his legs, and waited for Ezan to do the same if chose to do so.

"You can back out if you want. I won't hold it against you." he gave everyone that option out of consideration for their well being. Though he imagined that Ezan had seen his fair share of danger given his origin, the Inner World was uncharted territory for the both of them.

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

"So, it will be like getting into the Pandora's Box... OK, got it.", jumping to his feet, the lizardman would follow Zamari, and observe him go into meditation, but not immediately doing so himself, ensuring first that none were to disturb them. And as Ezan went to meditate, the air around them felt thinner, lighter, cleaner... His body preparing subconsciously for what they were to do.

And once they were both deep in meditation... Something else would manifest... A long serpent of electricity, hissing curiously at the sword and at the behavior of the two who would wander into the Inner World, before this serpent were to dive back into its host: Ezan.

Nomad
Member Avatar

When Zamari and Ezan opened their eyes they would find themselves in a bustling city. For Ezan, who had seen many different species before, the myriad of spirits moving about may not pose as much of a surprise. For Zamari, who knew little of the supernatural world until he got his powers, he never was unamazed by the different kinds of spirits that occupied Sanzenmen's Inner World. Just on the current street alone there was a dog spirit, a fish man spirit, and a ladybug spirit just to name a few of the many.

"Welcome to Rukonchou, the Wandering Spirit Town." Zamari would be standing next to Ezan in his regular clothes rather than his samurai form. "I haven't been here in quite some time. I wonder how things have been here." he had not checked in on the town since the death of its previous ruler, the tyrant Genkurai. He wondered who was in charge now. Furthermore, he wondered where Shugorei and company were now residing with his shack and the bamboo thicket destroyed.

"Now where is that bird?" he asked in reference to Meimu. There were so many spirits that looking for one was a nigh impossible task. "He's a karasu tengu. Know what kind of creature that is?" when it became evident that Meimu was nowhere nearby he started roaming about in hopes that he would come across him by chance. Passing by an alleyway they would hear the all too familiar sound of an old-fashioned beatdown.

A trio of humanoid spirits was kicking a downed crow, his staff strangely missing. The attackers ranged in size from small, medium, and large. Looking to be nothing more than alley thugs they shouldn't pose much trouble for two Senki Academy students.

"Typical," Zamari spat. He looked to Ezan. "You care to help me deal with this?"
Edited by Nomad, Apr 15 2018, 01:11 AM.

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

Upon the sight of such a lively city, Ezan whistled. "Leagues better than the Pandora's Box!", seems someone was a bit excited to see such place. No wonder, from their previous exchange, he hadn't seen proper action in a while, and now there they were, in a place unusual even to an alien.

"I have an idea of what it looks like, a karasu tengu, and must be something like that. Let's go see why one is being beaten as we speak!", the lizardman was already on the move, and managed to witness the beatdown through the corner of his eyes.

Pretending to hold a rocket launcher, he packed an air bullet, saying "Ey, Ouroboros, can you give me a zapper here? ... Ouroboros? You there?", but no response came. The response came in the form of electric orbs that were shot from behind them towards the assailants, as to stun them... And behind Zamari was a serpent, sparkling with electricity and an annoyed frown.

Nomad
Member Avatar

Upon seeing Ezan and Zamari enter the alley the attackers relented on Meimu to turn their attention to the newcomers.

"Whaddya think you're doing!?" the smallest of the trio yapped.

"This is none of ya business!" yelled the mid-sized one.

"Scat!" ordered the largest.

"It'd be in your best interest to take your own advice," Zamari advised them.

"Who do ya think you are!?" the smallest demanded, cracking his knuckles.

"Who cares?" his mid-sized cohort added. "They'll join the crow."

Meimu looked pathetic to Zamari. How could a master of illusions get taken down so easily? Looking behind him to see the electric snake that belonged to Ezan, Zamari staggered to the side until he realized that it was on his side.

"Wow," he remarked before turning his attention back to their enemies. He was going to refrain from drawing Sanzenmen. Meimu was there so he was going to keep his promise to not kill these spirits because they were unarmed.

The electric orbs launched from behind them would hit the largest of the three spirits, good because he clearly had the potential to pack the biggest punch. The smallest and the mid-sized spirits, at first shocked (no pun intended) by what happened to their cohort, rushed towards Ezan and Zamari once they worked up the nerve.

With a roundhouse kick to the head, Zamari knocked the smallest into a wall.

"Child's play." taking on these scrubs wasn't going to be a challenge at all but it made for a nice warm up.

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

Ezan said nothing for a moment, after the serpent shot its spark ball and successfully stunned the largest of the assailants. Holding the wind bullet in a hand, he looked away from the assailants for a moment, asking his danger noodle "Woke up grumpy, correct?", who only responded with a nod.

As the assailant of medium size came at him, he simply held out the wind bullet at face level and blasted it, sending the assailant sliding across the ground. "Why did you get in this thing?! This is more dangerous than the Pandora's Box, you know! If you die, I will die too!", the serpent responded.

"Pff, I was craving for an adventure... Ah, by the way, Ouroboros, Zamari. Zamari, Ouroboros.", Ezan introduced them briefly. "Good thing the system in the Inner World is similar to the Pandora's Box. Still I have zero control over this place, Zamari."

Nomad
Member Avatar

"Nice to meet you," Zamari said to Ouroboros, "and don't worry about it. I don't think anyone can control this place for real."

"Erk," the smallest attacker huffed as he peeled his face off the ground. "These guys are too much for us to handle."

"I second that," the mid-sized attacker agreed.

"Shake?"

"Don't gotta tell me twice!"

The two took to their feet and sprinted away leaving behind their large friend. Zamari was satisfied with the results of the scuffle. For once things didn't have to get too messy.

"Get your ass up." he prodded Meimu with his foot. "And where's your staff?"

Meimu lifted himself up onto his hands and knees. "It...uh...got stolen."

"Great." just what Zamari needed. An information broker who was easily robbed. Another responsibility. "And how did that happen?"

"They had a fourth pal." Meimu pointed at the large attacker who was still stunned by the electric shot. "The big guy should know more. I kinda blacked out till I heard your voice, Wielder."

"How long till he can talk?" Zamari asked Ezan and Ouroboros. He wanted to get this matter resolved as soon as possible so they could get to their real reasoning for being there.

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

"With such level of complexity of a world inside an object, I have more questions on whether or not that is true..." Ouroboros kept half of his body up, looking around. "More important than the staff getting stolen is why they were beating you up... Also, Ouroboros, please wrap up this big guy nicely.", Ezan stepped ahead and poked the big guy's nose, growing into his lizardman form to add intimidation.

Ouroboros, being helpful as ever, coiled tightly around the big spirit, its scales sparking up and venting sparks of electricity, showing how he had energy to spare and how bad it would be for the big spirit to try and tear the serpent apart.

And what was the explanation? "Ouroboros, like me, is an artificial being. The difference being he was made to be the vital component of a reactor, and as such he is a creature of pure energy. If he were to be ripped apart, the shock would be lethal to the attacker and, as long as I live, he would reform."

Nomad
Member Avatar

"Ugh...ogh...uh!" The large spirit's eyes fluttered as he came to. "What happened?" he looked around to see that his friends were gone. "Komaka! Baitai! Where'd ya go?"

"You need better friends," Zamari told the large spirit. "Now where did your other friend get off to with the staff?"

"Hah!" the large spirit scoffed. "Like I'd tell you, human!"

"My new friend might make you reconsider your lack of cooperation." Zamari pointed to Ouroboros who was wrapped around the large spirit's body.

"Yikes," gasped the large spirit. "Fine, I'll talk." he wiggled a bit to get comfortable and to test how tightly Ouroboros was wrapped around him. Once he was certain that not even he was strong enough to get free, the large spirit settled on cooperating once and for all. "Give up on the staff. Boss Keburi has it now."

Meimu reared back out of fear of that name. "No! Not him! What does he want with my staff?"

"Meimu, whose that?" Zamari asked.

"Keburi is one of the biggest crime lords in Rukonchou," Meimu informed. "You don't want to mess with him. Not at all."

"But you need your staff to be of use to me." Zamari stepped to the large spirit. "So, big guy, where can we find this Keburi?"

the large spirit looked down at the ground. "I-I don't know. Boss Keburi doesn't really bother with us low ranking members of the organization. We only act by proxy."

"You really need a better job." Zamari shifted his attention Ourboros. "You can allow him to walk but stay tied to him. We need to keep him around in case he is lying." next, he looked to Meimu. "You know who's taken control of this town these days?"

"Yes," Meimu replied, "the one called Soukai."

"Great," Zamari groaned. He was absolutely the bull dog's favorite person in the world. "Where does he stay?"

"Naiya Inushiro," Meimu answered, "the Diamond Dog Castle."

"Excuse me?"

"Soukai had it built after he was made lord of the town. You can't miss it but I will lead you there."

Meimu flew up high above the town's endless expanse of buildings.

"If anyone knows where we can find this Keburi it'll probably be the grouchy dog," Zamari explained to Ezan and Ouroboros. "We'll be going to see him...damn."

As they would be able to tell Zamari was not all thrilled to reunite with his biggest detractor.

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

"Made the right choice in cooperating.", Ezan smirked at the idea of getting involved with a crime lord... He was really in for more action than he begged for. "Crime lord? This is gonna be fun~ Not as fun as running from space pirates, but fun~" the humanoid lizard would gesture Ouroboros to allow SOME movement to the guy they captured.

However the Serpent gave the large guy a death stare and warned him: "One wrong move, and I may not give a small shock, but one that can deep fry you so hard that not even your twin would recognize you."

"Better not try your luck with Ouroboros, I give you that. He let me tap on more power than my body could handle once we became one and my room smelled like fried lizard for a day, and he was holding back because he was calculating my limits."

"Anyway, tell me more about this Soukai and why you say he's a grouchy dog."

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Outside Kaneshima · Next Topic »
Add Reply

- Affiliates -
- Hosting and Directory Affiliates -
FreeDomain.co.nr
RPG-D
Shadowplay Topsites
RPG Initiative
- Forum Board Affiliates -
Senki Academy
Shinigami Generation
Avalon a Panfandom RP
Theme/Skin created by Menindrag. Find more great designs at the ZetaBoards Theme Zone.

All images and creative content on Senki Academy are properties of their respective creators. If you're a creator and object to seeing your content displayed on this site, please contact the admin. We respect your wishes as a creator and will honour all requests for content removal.