Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
[Filler Theta] Spring Has Arrived ~ Hope You Remember To Do Your Homework~
Topic Started: Apr 1 2018, 11:12 PM (796 Views)
Fin
Member Avatar
B-Rank in H
On a very early Monday morning for the students of Senki Academy, they would be greeted with a small little surprise in each of their classrooms.

A large A1 sized poster of a sort plastered onto the whiteboard.

Attention to all students, your first-period class has been canceled. Please gather up at the track field for your first period.

A very large, simple message, signed by someone named roasted pork fillet with a drawing of a cute girl's smiling face on it.

With a speech bubble saying 'Brought to you by Yi's Red Moon Restaurant, the best interdimensional food stall from Mars, from the future!'

~

Posted Image

The weather seemed to be fairly accommodating at least. A comfortably cool early morning temperature, the glare of the sun partially filtered by a thin layer of cloud, a little respite for some of the more morning-averse student.

Meeting anyone who would actually bother to follow the poster's instruction would be that of a teenage girl, somewhat recognizably similar to the little doodle on the poster. She stood at the side of the track field, jotting down something in the notepad she has in her hand while glancing occasionally at her wrist, her white lab coat fluttering softly in the gentle breeze.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jeef
Member Avatar

The early bird gets the worm was a pretty common saying; it was also one that was heavily applicable to one Isaiah Johnson. Get up at 4AM, go through a morning workout, eat breakfast, shower, then be in class 30 minutes early. It was with relief that he discovered that he had yet to receive an assigned roommate; he’d imagine his morning schedule would drive most people up the wall. Staying true to his timetable, he opened the door to his first period class, wearing a gray cotton hoodie over his school uniform, and blinked at the message that covered the whiteboard.

Signed by…roasted pork fillet? Was this a prank? Isaiah studied the poster on the board for a few minutes before he shrugged, took a picture on his phone, and began walking to the track field to see what this was about. Another bonus of being an early riser: if it was indeed a prank, he should still have enough time to make it back to his classroom before lessons start.

Making his way onto the track field, he spotted the girl who somewhat resembled the drawing on the poster as he looked between her and the picture on his phone for comparison. The 6’3” African-American teen walked over, hands in the pockets of his hoodie. “So, what’s this about canceled first period?” he asked curiously.
Edited by Jeef, Apr 2 2018, 12:11 AM.

Revaan
Member Avatar

Balorat arrived to his 1st period a little earlier today than what he was used to doing. There was a small ruckus in the room from the students who had already arrived. Apparently, there was a change in the schedule today, as 1st period was cancelled in lieu of something out on the track. But there wasn't much explanation for what it was. He was sort of used to that by now at the school though.

He found his way over to the small girl he would sometimes workout with, and I asked was going on. She filled him in on what they knew so far, and responded by saying she wasn't going to go anyway.

Curious, the half-orc found his way out to the field where he was met by the a teenage girl and a small crowd of people. Some of these people were already asking what this was about. So, he put his (now slightly dented) metal bat down at the side of his leg and crossed his arms waiting to hear what was going on.

"Hmmm..." he grumbled as his stomach growled a little from thinking about roasted pork fillets. "I hope this involves food," he said in a low voice to no one in particular.

Nomad
Member Avatar

When Mervyn woke up that morning he was dreading another day of school but looking forward to another day of sleeping in class. Sure that he was late, he was surprised and ecstatic to discover that first period was canceled upon his arrival. He didn't really care why, but there was one thing on the poster that interested him. Food from Mars? there wasn't a doubt in his mind that such a thing was possible, and while the poster didn't explicitly say they would be getting food he assumed that would be the case. Why would they mention that if they weren't giving out food? he rushed out of the classroom and towards the track field.

On the way there he couldn't help but wonder what food from Mars looked and tasted like. He imagined a bunch of little green men with antennas poking out the side of their heads wearing chef hats and coats waiting for them to arrive. "Feast up kids," would be how they would greet them, "this here is exquisite martian cuisine!" could they even eat it with forks and spoons or would they need to use some sort of strange martian utensil?

"Yo, Martians! Thanks for the grub!" his expectation of free food driving him to run much faster than he planned to, Mervyn discovered that upon his arrival he was among the first to get there with the only faces worth taking note of being another African American student and some strange girl with a notepad. He did not take notice of the similarity between her face and that of the poster. "Uhm...am I in the wrong place?" no, this was definitely the track field. "I don't see the green dudes!" Well, he did see one but that wasn't what he had in mind.
Edited by Nomad, Apr 2 2018, 01:26 AM.

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

Alien food?! That was the chance of Tengyoku's life! It has been long since she had something alien, actually last time she had an alien meal it was before she boarded a delivery pod to Earth, and of course it was the meal of her kind. Her mind was still fresh on it, the Lightning Eel fillet, the Stone Stork breast, among with veggies and sauce produced on her planet. While most of these could be mimicked to a degree on Earth, it was impossible to reproduce it accurately enough, and she tried before...

Regardless, here she was, as a chubby tiny alien lizard dragon thingy, with a drooling mouth after imagining what to eat. However, as soon as she saw the scientist, all the anticipation for alien food evaporated and Tengyoku stood there, with a distant stare, gloomy aura amplified by cyan wisps that cast shadows around her, the smile forced and the drool gone.

Seems disappointment hit the alien being a little too hard.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Fang, Queen of Beasts
Member Avatar
The Daughter of the Cosmos
As this was her first time going to a school, her mentors had told her to be bright and early to set a good first impression. A good first impression, and by extension punctuality in general, is a priceless possession. It seemed like a waste of time to arrive too early, however, and judging by the strange graphic at the front of the classroom, she felt correct. Seven minutes and three seconds seemed early enough. Her azure gaze stared blankly at the poster as she thought this, drifting from the words to the drawn girl and back to the word 'first' in 'first period'.

Her attention then shifted to the Red Moon logo. Red Moon?!?! A blood moon was the sign of the birth of a new Great One, and the last thing she needed right now was to be trapped in another nightmare. She glanced out the window to have her gaze met the vibrant morning sunrays. Obviously there was no blood moon. She looked back at the poster. Was this a joke? As another student came up to read the poster, Mori gave them a sidelong glance and said casually: "Worry not, there is no blood moon tonight. 'Tis a ruse."

And with that, she made her way to the track field. Upon arriving, the huntress scanned the area until her eyes fell upon the small gathering. As she got closer, she sort of recognized one of the people from the picture on the board. During her approach, she took the time to circle around a larger green skinned fellow, the intrusive nature of her stare lost on the girl. Her mentors had also explained that she was going to meet many different kinds of people here in the Waking World. After deciding he was not some manner of blood addled human, she arrived in the general vicinity of the labcoat covered woman. Saying nothing, Mori just stared expectantly at the girl, stopping only to eye each new arrival as they appeared.

Fin
Member Avatar
B-Rank in H
Upon the first to speak up, the girl in the lab coat immediately took notice of the group of students that had arrived. "Nyah, my little guinea pigs are here!" She spoke up, quite happily at that, tossing away the notepad and the pen where it disappeared off... somewhere.

The girl adjusted her coat by the collar, as she took meaningful, confident strides towards the students. "It's best not to be gloomy when starting the semester, you won't make a good first impression of yourself!" She added, pointing quite directly to someone who looked like the world had betrayed them. By contrast, this girl seems to be very cheerful and energetic, if not carefree.

She glanced around at the students. It's not a particularly big group considering the posters she had plastered all over the school.

Maybe more will come later, who knows. This should be enough for now, at least, to start with. The girl cleared her throat. "Ahum, okay. How is everyone doing?" She began. "My name is Shao Yi," What an oddly normal, Chinese name. "And I am conducting a research on the civilians of this world on the behalf of my Interdimensional Mapping Department Sirius. And this school is the lucky winner of my research lottery for this current session, congratulations!"

She even threw her arms up into the air in celebration, though her eagerness may very well be pretty one-sided. "And worry not~" The girl added as she held up a finger, before whipping out a stack of bamboo steamers from out of nowhere, opening up the lid to reveal a bunch of large and plump-looking steamed buns inside. "You will all be graciously rewarded with free samples of Yi's Red Moon specialties of the day!"

She closed the lid before anyone could nab at any of them, though. "But only after we are done, okay-nee~?" Yi added, wagging a finger at the students.

...Some may be getting way more questions than answers right now, though.

Jeef
Member Avatar

Isaiah glanced around, studying the other students that had shown up. He made a quick nod of acknowledgement towards the other African-American student. In a place where he felt so foreign, it was good to see another brother. Still being relatively new to the concept of the supernatural, though, the appearance of some other classmates certainly threw him for a loop as he eyed the Orc and…was that a lizard? Shaking his head, he focused back on the girl who had supposedly called them all here. Assuming the poster was put up in every classroom, this was a pretty small group. Maybe all the others thought this was a prank as well?

Wait, guinea pigs? Isaiah did not like the sound of that, and this Shao Yi’s further explanation only served to increase his anxiety. He eyed the steamed buns as he looked between them and the girl suspiciously. If this was a trap, then that was definitely the bait. Zay raised his hand with narrowed eyes.

“Yyyeah, I’mma need more info before I’m good with the whole “guinea pig” thing,” he started, “Done with what, exactly? Will this "research" guarantee my well-being, and does the faculty even know about this?” He asked, beginning to doubt if those posters were approved by the faculty.

Revaan
Member Avatar

Balorat was watching as people gathered until he noticed a small female making a circle around him, staring intently at him. While he was used to this anywhere else in this world, he was... caught off guard that someone would do this here at school.

He studied the small female circling him with an eyebrow raised before watching her walk off again.

...Odd,
he thought to himself, Very odd.

His attention snapped back when the girl who seemed to gather them opened a container and revealed meat buns! His nose was flooded with the smell and it made his eyes widen. But there was a catch! There was always a catch with humans of this world.

Frustrated and slightly salivating, he echoed the questions of the others with his own voice.

"You! Pork Girl," he yelled, once again attributing a less than flattering nickname to someone. "What do we do for the buns? I must know!"

He hadn't noticed yet, but he was clenching his right fist and covering his hungry stomach with his left.

Nomad
Member Avatar

Taking notice of the nonverbal greeting he received from the other black student, Mervyn threw both of his hands in the air, waved vigorously, and smiled to let him know that he had seen the nod and also felt similar about seeing someone else like him on the other side of the freaking world, though he might have been more excited than the other guy was. That was just how he was. If he wasn't going to celebrate over that then he was surely going to celebrate over the fact that they were definitely going to be getting some kind of exotic cuisine out of whatever this girl was going to have them do.

Mervyn walked closer to Shao Yi so he could better communicate with her. "Interdimensional...man I ain't 'bout to say all that." guessing that it was important he was going to try and get her to tell them what it meant without the mouthful added on. "Those the folks that put you up to this? They need a shorter name." all in all, he wasn't exactly opposed to being a test subject for in a way he already was one for the lightning god and the voodoo priestess he worked for. What could this chick have in store for them that was any worse than what odd jobs they sent him on?

Whatever she was going to have them do Mervyn was on board. All I know is that the Martian food better be something special. it would take him an hour to count all of the times he had been given free food for it to be utterly disgusting. Trying new foreign cuisine always posed a risk as well as he had no real reference for what it would taste like. Then there was the fact that this wasn't just foreign cuisine but alien at that. It better not make me sick either. the last thing he needed was space food poisoning.
Edited by Nomad, Apr 4 2018, 01:35 PM.

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

Her eyes were devoid of life, her smile hollow, was she dead? Was she broken? Most words fell all around Tengyoku's chubby lizard kid form... Until a delicious scent reached her nostrils, and the mention of reward reignited her fire, causing her to suddenly change form as harmless blazes grew all around her.

"Reward, sampling, I'm all in! BRING IT ON!!!!!", holy shit, this fox girl was on FIREEE!!!! Kinda literally too. The sunlight yellow blazes covered her but didn't singe a thin, nor ate at her clothes or flesh or fur.

"What's it you want?! 100 push-ups? 100 sit-ups? 100 squats? Run 10 km? Name it, I'll do anything so I can sample alien food!", her tail was wagging so fast that it gave the impression she had two tails rather than one.

Fang, Queen of Beasts
Member Avatar
A vague smile tugged at the corners of her mouth while simultaneously an eyebrow raised. Inter dimensional travel was something she had a familiarity with, and it also seemed like a fun kind of thing to research. If one ignored all the dangerous possibilities of leaping headfirst into an unknown world with potentially radically different laws of physics, let alone predators, illnesses, hostile environments, AND the ever-present possibility that you may jump somewhere with absolutely no way to get back. It could be fun to run into some alternate version of themselves, or some kind of food that didn't exist here.

The delicious aroma of freshly cooked, piping hot dumplings snapped Mori out of her existential crisis. She stared at the container like a cat ready to pounce and suddenly getting involved with random experiments put on by a group named Interdimensional Mapping Department Sirius didn't seem so bad after all.

"I will require one before hand," she said while staring hungrily at Shao Yi. "You know, for collateral. In the event these experiments leave me incapable of eating them later."

Fin
Member Avatar
B-Rank in H
One, two, three, probably four out of five. "Mfufu~ Not bad, not bad! Glad to see youth is still with you guys!" Yi gave an approving nod at those who are more than eager to get started, even if they are driven just by the incentive of a meal.

The girl wagged her finger at Mori, quite cheekily at that as she clicked her tongue. "Tut tut tut, you shouldn't be so impatient-nee~" She said, hiding the bamboo steamer behind her back. "Besides, it'll taste more delicious after a good exercise. Worry not, it won't be dangerous~" Yi added, to reassure the worried one, though sounding less convincing and more mischievous.

She then pulled out what appears to be a metallic ball, a bit larger than a baseball, from behind her.

"Now, since I've pretty much spoiled it and like one of you have guessed," A little nod to the little fiery fox girl, absent-mindedly tossing the ball between her hands. "I want to have you guys do some athletic exercises for me, so I can have some data on the powers and abilities of the students of this school," Though, considering she did ask them to meet up at the track field, it's hard to imagine that she would be asking for something else.

"Pretty exciting, right-nee~?" Said Yi, tossing the metallic ball out to the orc. "When was the last time you guys had the chance to fully show off your powers in PE, without being told to hold back for everyone else?"

Balorat may attempt to catch the ball, but if he does, he'd soon discover that the metal ball weighed at least three times more than the average shots used in shot putting.

Revaan
Member Avatar

Physical tests, she said. That shouldn't be too much of a problem for me. Balorat thought to himself. He watched as the metallic ball made its way toward him. He reached out with one hand cupped to simply let the ball drop into his hand.

"Without holding back? Well, tha---" suddenly, the green one's words were cut off as the ball landed in his hand.

Cracked. Something definitely cracked just now! He felt it! He wasn't really expecting it to be so heavy, so it dragged his whole arm down a bit, having him lurch forward with wide open eyes.

"<Grahk's Blôd!>" Balorat swore in Orcish. This ball must be the weight of a small Orc Child!

He stood back up to full height, bringing the weighty ball up to chest level and examined it.

"That... was unexpected." He was almost mad at having it thrown to him without warning, but decided it wasn't malicious. Plus he wanted that Pork Girl's steamed buns.

"What then shall we do with this Pork Girl? Shall we throw it?" He turned his palm to the ground, holding the ball still. If anyone asked for it next, he's plop it into their hands without a second thought.

Nomad
Member Avatar

Oh boy! The chance to go all out! That was something he had been waiting for since arriving at this weirdo school. Watching the girl tossed the metal ball to the green guy, Mervyn popped his ax out of his pocket and increased it to its maximum size, its top extending well above his head by a foot. "Eiyo! Green guy!" he called out to Balorat. "Give me a pitch so I can knock that thing out the park!"

Mervyn wasn't too much stronger than the average human but his ax was formidable. He was sure that, with the right timing, that he could swat the ball away with the head in-between its blades. Timing would be his chief concern as the ax's increased size meant that it weighed more. That meant that if he wanted to be successful he would have to start preparing now. Electricity enveloped the boy from his head to his toes. An attempt at creating a safety cushion in case he failed to hit the ball away.

"Oi! Maybe one of you should try and chase it down!" he sounded so sure of himself. He had better be able to put his money where his mouth was or else the embarrassment would be astronomical.
Edited by Nomad, Apr 8 2018, 06:10 AM.

Jeef
Member Avatar

"Am I the only one questioning this?!" Isaiah exclaimed as the others seemed to have taken the food bait without any further inquiry. At the same time though...those buns did smell good...but there had to be a catch! Everything about this situation smelled funny.

He blinked as he listened to Yi's explanation. That was a lot more tame than Isaiah was expecting. In fact, it sounded rather enticing. Before coming to this academy, he didn't get a lot of chances to really stretch his new supernatural muscles. While deep down, he still bore a resentment towards his powers, there was a noticeable toll on his body for holding back for so long.

"You know what? Screw it, I'm game. I'm goin' long for that," Isaiah said with a sigh as he began to take off his shoes and unbuttoned the top of his uniform, throwing both to the side of the track field as half of the athletic boy's body was laid bare. Why was he undressing, one would ask? Well, when one has the power to become engulfed in flames, they catch on real fast to ditch the clothes before catching fire, unless they have the money to continually buy replacements, money which Isaiah most definitely did not have. The pants stay on, though. While those burn all the same, Zay just did not possess the lack of shame to completely undress in front of others yet.

"Hope you got a mean swing, brother. I'd hate to have to flame up for nothin'," he taunted as his eyes became a clear white, feeling his body begin to warm up as small flames began to form around him.

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

"Scientist girl is right! Working for our rewards just makes earning it a lot more enjoyable!", the fired up fox girl agreed, without losing her excitement... That was until she saw the weight of the metallic ball upon the hands of an orc. Suddenly the fire around her was gone and Tengyoku went pale.

"W-W-W-W-W-Wait, I'm not that strong at all, I'm just a girl with fox-like abilities, no way I could get on their level!", panicking a response, she would be constantly wary of where that ball would fly, and try to avoid it actively.

Though there was some truth: has been a LONG while in P.E. since she ever went all out on her powers... She barely remembered when was last time...

Fang, Queen of Beasts
Member Avatar
Damn. She was sure that'd work.

Resisting the urge to physically assault their stand-in teacher over a few meat buns just might end up going down Mori's hall of hardest moments. She was still getting used to the cuisine they enjoyed this side of the gate but the one thing she loved above all else were dumplings! It also didn't help that ever since her childhood she's been a ravenous eater... A ravenous eater that also happened to skip breakfast this morning.

"Pretty exciting, right-nee~?"

"Dumplings are exciting." She said coolly.

The huntress rolled her neck side to side, popping it. Athletic exercises, eh? That was one of her strong points. She didn't have any flashy abilities, sparkling flames, or rippling green muscles. (...Muscles that flexed fluidly as the metal orb's weight shifted in Balorat's grasp... was she blushing?) But she did have years of physical and combat training to fall back on. On top of that, she was stronger and faster than even most trained athletes. This shouldn't be hard, right?

She braced herself for impact should one of the others throw the ball her way. Judging from Balorat's expression when he caught it, she could expect the ball to be heavier than expected. No problem! If she can resist getting an assault charge at her new school over meat buns, she can catch a heavy ball.

Th...those are nothing alike though...
Edited by Fang, Queen of Beasts, Apr 15 2018, 11:52 AM.

Fin
Member Avatar
B-Rank in H
"A weakling, nee?" That was blunt. Though technically, she was only repeating what the fox girl herself had admitted. "That's where your creativity will come in, then~"

From somewhere, she pulled out a few more similar looking shots, tossing them to each one of the students, including the fox girl. Each of them will be as heavy as the first one. "The rest of you eager boys, I will not be satisfied just seeing brute strength~" Once that was done, she turned around and-

"This is only the first test! Anything all of you have up your sleeves, use them however you like to the best of your ability!"

Yi was standing all the way at the other far side of the track field. Somehow. "Try to toss them over here!" She had to yell out, obviously, to make herself heard, waving her arms around for their attention. "It's okay if you can't, but do your best anyway!"

It actually sounded like she was looking down on them. Probably.

Yi had to be at least 100 meters away from the group, though.

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

"A weakling, yes, I do admit and- EEEEEEEEEEEH?!", Tengyoku had a mini heart attack when she avoided the ball, staring at it and with a jittery head turn looking at the now distant scientist girl. "H-How will I do this?!", the fox girl couldn't see many ways to do this.

Only one.

This only way she knew to do it was dangerous for herself, and thus she sat down and poked the ball thoughtfully, still horrified. "Matter or antimatter? Why is it so heavy? Maybe I could try melting a hole through it? Or maybe... Yosh, this is crazy, but...", rising a hand, she made a huge shining yellow, three times her own size, before compressing it. The same was done to a cyan one that shrouded all it shone upon in darkness.

"Please work with me, Yoake, Higure...", holding one in each hand, she gave the compressed fireballs a kiss, placing them close to the metal ball and...

*FWOOSH!*

There was what was pretty much an explosion without a bang, and scraps of the fox girl's clothes fell far from it, smoking, burned. Whether that pushed the metal ball, it would be only known once the smoke went down, but instead of the fox girl it was just a black fox.

"Cough cough... Ah- CHOO!"the soot came off her golden fur with a sneeze, as she awaited to see the results, having no hope the ball even budged. An area of exactly ten meters around where the "bomb" had set off has been scorched by cyan and yellow blazes that were disappearing.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Track Field · Next Topic »
Add Reply

- Affiliates -
- Hosting and Directory Affiliates -
FreeDomain.co.nr
RPG-D
Shadowplay Topsites
RPG Initiative
- Forum Board Affiliates -
Senki Academy
Shinigami Generation
Avalon a Panfandom RP
Theme/Skin created by Menindrag. Find more great designs at the ZetaBoards Theme Zone.

All images and creative content on Senki Academy are properties of their respective creators. If you're a creator and object to seeing your content displayed on this site, please contact the admin. We respect your wishes as a creator and will honour all requests for content removal.