Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Non-Smoking Area; [Closed] Tekigo
Topic Started: Mar 15 2018, 10:43 PM (257 Views)
Natsuya Ate
Member Avatar

These past weeks have not kind to Natsuya. He had trouble sleeping, stupid final exams and his club maybe on the verge of being shut down. Understandably Natsuya decided to deal with this problem by skipping third period. By now, he had gotten used to the ins and outs of the school grounds to know where he would not be disturbed. The back of the Student Building was the perfect place to hide as most of the students were in the main building taking classes.

Natsuya took a puff from his cigarette and closed his eyes. He needed this. The peace. Gods, this was what he was craving for.
Edited by Natsuya Ate, Mar 15 2018, 11:02 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

"Harmful", a single word would find its way into Natsuya's head, no voice attached to it, it was as if he would think of that word, but it was not really his thought. It came from somewhere... But where? The only one who could have done it was...

A wolf kid.

In truth he did sneak a word in Natsuya's mind in an attempt to have him not smoke, but what was this child in white doing right now? Painting the front view of the school from his memory, on his art book.

Black ink on white paper, each brush stroke gentle and precise... Eyes set on his art, hand unwavering. Calmly humming "Greensleeves". Underneath the shadow of a tree, he went on with his art, before sneaking a brief glance at Natsuya.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Natsuya Ate
Member Avatar

He was so tired that he was hearing things. Natsuya took another long draw. “Maybe I also need a drink too.” He mused aloud.

Smoking will probably get him detention. But smoking and drinking? He didn’t want to be suspended despite wanting a break so bad. Natsuya leaned back against the building and sat down on the grass. He closed his eyes and enjoyed the nice open air.

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

As Natsuya's eyes closed, the wolf kid moved silently towards him, having finished half of his painting. Reaching forth slowly, he pinched the tip of the cigarette, putting out the blazes, leaving an inky substance that covered his thumb to prevent him from lighting it up again. If Natsuya caught him in the act or not, he didn't care, he took seat next to the "bad boy" and looked to him.

"Smoking or drinking won't make it easy... Try talking about it with me?", he spoke with what sounded a childish, but the truth? "I may not look like it, but I'm in truth older than I seem!", he followed those words with a brief laugh.

Natsuya Ate
Member Avatar

Natsuya sleepily opened his eyelids and looked at the source of the sound. A fox child. Probably a yokai of sorts. Yokai are not new to Natsuya, he have seen and lived with them before. Natsuya learned that the younger they look, the older they are. In other words, don’t underestimate the appearance of a yokai.

“I’m beat. Living like this? It’s not my style.” Natsuya stretched, trying to shake off his sleepiness. “How old are you? A thousand? Give me your advice, wise one.”

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

"Living like this...?", one ear dropped, the other stood up, as he tilted his head. But when his age was brought up, he laughed a bit and responded: "That depends. This body is only 16 years old, despite looking younger than that. I don't know how old my soul is, though. Even forgot my real name, so I go by as Tekigo Ookami."

Living without their original name must be terrifying, unable to remember who they used to be. But maybe for Tekigo it was best to not remember, he may not be like his past at all. Or if he is, then this lifestyle he choose will remind him of his past eventually.

Natsuya Ate
Member Avatar

“That’s a first. So you’re a spirit of sorts...” Natsuya paused to wrap his mind around the concept but his brain was too fried from school and lack of sleep to understand. “Reincarnation? Personifications? I’m a getting close?”

“Anyways, I’m Natsuya.” It was only fair to introduce himself since Tekigo did. “How is school work going for you? It’s pretty pointless isn’t it? What is there to learn when your soul is older than the textbooks? And what’s the point of school it isn’t going to change your life?” The last part was his own problems. He’s been trying to ignore the problem since transfering here. But the now it caught up with him and he was force the face with the reality of what will happen to him after third year.

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

"I see myself as something lower than a tsukumogami, and fashion myself a "Word Spirit" instead. Because it's a single word that is within me, keeping me alive.", Tekigo explained without hesitation to the "bad boy" who soon revealed himself to be Natsuya.

Laughing a bit at hearing school being something pointless to him, the wolf boy shook his head and wiggled his ears a bit. "I may have had this body for sixteen years, and a soul of mysterious age. But I want to learn to live, and live among the living. So school is essential for me. Plus my soul has been at unrest until the day I found Kaneshima. Here is where peace lies for me."

Natsuya Ate
Member Avatar

“Lucky you. How anyone can find peace during exam week is beyond by comprehension.” Natsuya replied. “But I’m guessing you’ll have to find something to do after you finish school.” Natsuya gestured to himself, indicating to his problem.

“So what’s the word?...Is it ‘Kaneshima High School’?” Natsuya asked. “Or is that insensitive to ask?”

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

"I have a good memory. But me entering a school is more due to me wanting to be more connected to a friend I had, and maybe remember his name too.", while he didn't sound like it, he felt really wounded to not remember the name of who gave him life. How could Tekigo forget that?!

"Ah, no, Ookami is the word that resonates with me. Maybe Kaneshima calls for an Ookami and that's why this city brings me peace. Now, your dilemma... Do what you like, not what is most profitable. I'm gonna work at a farm and paint for the rest of my life, because that is where and when I feel at my best.", once his tail swayed, some of the ink leaked from the tip, leaving a black streak on the floor.

Natsuya Ate
Member Avatar

Natsuya burst out laughing, something that he haven’t done it a while. “Sorry, that took me by surprise. Painting, huh? Sounds nice. I’m sure Kaneshima could use a ookami who knows how to farm.” Natsuya took a deep breath and sighed, savouring the moment before a lump began to form in his throat.

“But...what I would like to do and what is good for me are two different things.” Natsuya sombered. He crushed the cold cigarette in his hands and stared the ashes in his palm. “I wish it was just a money problem. Huh, I guess we’re like opposites. There are things I want to do and places I want to go but I can’t leave the island for...reasons.” He tried to eleberate but couldn’t find the words.

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

"It's odd, I know! In this age, art has little appreciation compared to what lies in the past, and farm work is usually not something kids would pursue. But works for me. Plus it's very exciting with all the mysterious creatures we have.", but soon their laughter faded, as Natsuya was once again... Troubled.

It's true, they were opposites, and you know what they say? "Opposites draws to each other. Normally one has what the other lacks, and vice-versa. One thing I surely lack and you might have is blood-related family. Is it correct of me to assume that family is part of this "reason"?", with his brush, the wolf boy painted kanjis, such as 家族 (Kazoku, "Family")

Natsuya Ate
Member Avatar

Natsuya tensed and laughed nervously. “You’re good! How did you know?” Was it that obvious? Another it could be a lucky guess, alot of problems would be point down to family. It was still impressive how Tekigo got it right.

“Family is THE reason.” He brushed the cigarette ashes off his hand and sighed. “I come from big family but stuff happened and I had to go away. At first I thought the stuff will go away but it doesn’t seem to be that way...which means I can’t go home any time soon.” Natsuya summarized, only covering five percent of the actual story. It would be very careless of him to reveal everything to a stranger even if they seemed trustworthy. He couldn’t imagine what Tekigo reaction would be if he knew the true story. That his father, head of a prominent crime syndicate, was murdered and his step mother blamed Natsuya for it and disowned him.

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

"Because an actual family is what I lack. Sure, I'm slowly seeing the farm crew as my family, but still never seen any other being like me, and wandered alone for far too long.", however sad it may sound, Tekigo showed no sadness, he didn't know how to be sad over something he never had nor is certain of.

Listening to Tatsuya's situation, Tekigo tried to formulate an opinion, based on things he read and seen. "Are you like some sort of prince who has to ride away from a coup? Because to me it sounds like that.", reaching forth he erased the floating words, as they embedded themselves on the sleeves of his vest.

Natsuya Ate
Member Avatar

“Wow, you’re not kidding with the farm thing, huh?” Natsuya smirked. He raised an eyebrow at Tekigo. “That’s romantic description of my situation. The point is I can’t go home and do the things I want.”

Natsuya sighed, “I’m stuck here, trying to pass exams I don’t care about when I could be doing something more important. What do you think I should do?” Natsuya wasn’t expecting a miracle answer to his problem but considering what Tekigo given him so far, it would at least be interesting to hear it.

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

"There were stories of princes and princesses who would abandon their royal past for the sake of living their dreams. Money isn't everything. Sure, getting hunted by soldiers day and night isn't a good thing either, but they choose to. Freedom of choice... Some says it is an illusion, other says it is a reality. What about myself? It is a reality to me. Truly being free..."

"Which for the logic so far means you believe and live in an illusion of choice...? ... Think about it: you don't NEED to pass the exams to do something more important, if you can find a way to manage both at once. And have a study group, that helps ease the stress and spend time with friends too. But who am I to say this really, I'm not even human!"
, at least Tekigo took his truth humorously, however it hurts.

Natsuya Ate
Member Avatar

If he decides to follow his selfish desire to go home, no doubt the hunt for him will be on. He doubt he could make it to the threshold of his home without being unscathed. He does have an option to choose but he would also have to deal with the consequences of his choice. Natsuya sighed as he regard his two options and their consequences. Go home to his family but may die doing so or stay in Kaneshima Island but have a really boring time here.

“...so basically multi-tasking is my answer?” Natsuya asked, raising an eyebrow. “I suppose if I get a study group or friend, it might be easier.”Maybe I can find someone to cheat off.

“Thats not a bad advice. Thanks.” Natsuya was feeling alittle better. “You know, I don’t think half of the students here are human.”

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

"Mmhmm! Plus, chances are you will cut your study time or have a great time if it fails in cutting the study times! Either way, win-win! And if you fail the test, don't let that bring you down! Learn from the mistakes and push on!", his tail thumped behind him with joy, such joy that Tekigo possessed might be contiguous.

After all, seeing Natsuya cheer up did help him too... "Hm, now that you mention, I do see a lot of non-humans around here! It's not a bad atmosphere, however. I'm always expecting to bump into another yokai at every corner, and my hope for that increases more and more!"

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Student Building · Next Topic »
Add Reply

- Affiliates -
- Hosting and Directory Affiliates -
FreeDomain.co.nr
RPG-D
Shadowplay Topsites
RPG Initiative
- Forum Board Affiliates -
Senki Academy
Shinigami Generation
Avalon a Panfandom RP
Theme/Skin created by Menindrag. Find more great designs at the ZetaBoards Theme Zone.

All images and creative content on Senki Academy are properties of their respective creators. If you're a creator and object to seeing your content displayed on this site, please contact the admin. We respect your wishes as a creator and will honour all requests for content removal.