Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
[VD2018] Edie Masuda Sheridan & Hinata Seika
Topic Started: Feb 13 2018, 08:18 PM (164 Views)
Mayu
Member Avatar
(。→ ‿← 。)
[OOC: This is a topic for pairs to use for their blind date. You are free to use this topic however you want for your blind date. If you want, you can keep the date in the cafeteria, or you can decide to go elsewhere on the island.]

Kaneshima Island, Senki Academy, Cafeteria
February the 13th, Tuesday, 16:00pm

It was afternoon and classes had just finished at Senki Academy. While it was relatively cold, it was a sunny day and several students had come to the cafeteria to chat with friends while several others had arrived to take part in the student council's blind date event. The student council were particularly busy, ticking names of check lists and handing those who came to the cafeteria a slip of paper.

Those who had gathered at the cafeteria were largely people who had signed up to the school's blind date event, an event that many wonder why the student council keep running every year...

Those who arrived at the cafeteria would have to give their names, the members of the student council running the event signing off their names and handing a piece of paper with a number on. Each table in the cafeteria had been arranged with a number on and each student would be expected to wait at their designated table for their partner to arrive...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bonniecanuck
Member Avatar
Bonnie Bushi
Another Valentine's Day, another hour and then some that Edie had spent fretting on how to present herself. Like last year, she turned out pretty similar in the theme - a simple short red dress over a black long-sleeved shirt and tights. She also added her own equestrian flair to the outfit, with her hunt coat, leather gloves, and tall boots completing the look. Such was the appearance she turned up in as she walked into the cafeteria. Simple and candid, yet elegant and lively.

She took a seat at her assigned table and looked around. The people looked so happy. Many of the girls were giving chocolates to their friends, and they were all starting to make plans as they went at it. It was awkward, admittedly, but such was the fun of blind dates like this. It gave one experience interacting with others, and for a day could help to make a new relationship. Or break, but one would have to be a real cynic or nihilist to think that such was the true conclusion of the experience.

Edie herself had come with her own special touch. In her lap rested a bento box with elaborate designs and motifs. Inside the box was an assortment of wagashi - Japanese sweets - complete with a small cup of matcha. She had personally handmade all the little morsels, which she had learned as part of her learning in the kitchen that had led to her perfecting a meal fit for kaiseki or a tea ceremony. It was a very real labour of love that she was under absolutely no obligation to prepare, but did anyway because she enjoyed it. While she did also make chocolates and did give them to her friends, she could only hope that this special gift would be the one to blow her date away. And that they would enjoy her craft.

All there was to do now was wait. Anxious waiting...

Nickle
Member Avatar
The Original Ni-san
With class over and students going about their duties, Hinata had holed herself away in her dorm to get ready for her blind date. Why had she signed up for it!? Well...to get to know someone. How romantically was yet to be seen and she had no idea who she'd even be paired with! Regardless, she had taken time in the lead up to the event to get some gifts ready. With the held of a smartphone, youtube and a bit of time and patience she had managed to make some chocolates to give to her date, a mixture of white and milk chocolates in the shape of hearts and doves.

Thank heavens for easy to use molds! There had been some 'failed' attempts, but the final batch were placed into a little box lined with tissue paper. The other gift was a single red rose. This was Valentine's after all, Hinata was going to show her date she was the only person to receive her love while they were together!

The cafeteria was close now and Hinata's shoes made small little clacks as she walked. Her feet were adorned in a pair of black ankle high heeled boots. She had considered high heels, but if there were going to be extended periods of walking involved in the date, she felt it best to opt for a heel type she was used to walking in for extended periods. She wore white leggings and a knee length dress, the skirt section having a ruffled, gypsy like look to it while the shoulders were smooth and reached halfway down her tricep. Over the dress, Hinata wore a red jacket and to complete the look, had worn her hair down instead of its usual pony tail. She held her hair back with a white alice-band that had a pearl motif and wore a matching set of pearl earrings and a bracelet.

Hinata turned the corner and looked into the cafeteria, holding her box of chocolates like a grenade and her rose like a rifle. Love was a battlefield and she was armed and ready! After going to the registration desk and receiving her number, Hinata somewhat nervously made her way over to where she saw Edie sitting. She felt a sudden panic as she recognized the girl. "Ah, heya Edie-chan." said Hinata, coming to stand next to the table.

"W-Well! This is a surprise, right? I can't believe you're my date! I don't think I've seen you since that business with Rei, eh?" Hinata could feel a blush rising on her face and to cover it bowed her head and extended both her arms, one hand holding the rose and the other the box of chocolates. "I-I got these for my date! Seein' as that's you! Happy Valentine's Day!"

bonniecanuck
Member Avatar
Bonnie Bushi
Edie heard a familiar voice as she straightened out her skirt, and looked up. She smiled warmly. It had been quite the time that she and Hinata had spent in Kyoto, but for all that they had grown closer as a result, they still had some distance between them, owing to their grade separation and preoccupations. So this would perhaps be good to serve as something of a rendezvous.

"Hello, Hinata-san," she said, her hands in her lap and her gift on the table. She let her take the place at the table. "I guess we haven't," she said at her observation of not seeing each other since the summer. "A shame, really. I was hoping that we might find some other time to spend together once you had moved in, but I guess that wasn't to be."

She nonetheless gracefully took the rose and box in her hand, and said, "Thank you so much! I made these for you too. Happy Valentine's Day!" She in turn put Hinata's gifts down and then picked up her box and held it in both hands to give to her. Her box was definitely unconventional, being a flowery bento box, but it was still an admirable work that would probably indicate the just as intricate designs of the morsels inside.

"It might be Ash Wednesday today, but I didn't promise anything about giving chocolate up, so I hope that's some relief to you!" she joked. Despite her personal secularism and abstention from genuine religious belief, Edie still found solace in the religious traditions of her father's Anglicanism and her mother's Shinto-Buddhism, and paid respect to their ritual. This was evident today, as on her forehead was a cross in ashes distributed by the local priest in the Ash Wednesday service she had attended earlier in the morning to mark the beginning of Lent. It had begun to fade over the following hours, but it was still lightly visible.

Once she handed the box over, she commented, "By the way, you look fabulous!" She quite liked the similar aesthetic that they had picked out, and by the way she had presented herself, Hinata definitely contrasted her normal bold appearance with a rather more subdued yet formal and stylish fashion. She noted the clear comparisons between the aesthetic that they had gone for.

Nickle
Member Avatar
The Original Ni-san
As Hinata sat down, she felt a bit guilty not have spent as much time with the Edie or the other Senki students after their fateful meeting in Kyoto. It had all been a bit of blur and she'd taken some time to start adjusting to the school and her new surroundings. Still she at the very least had a chance to make things up with Edie with the date! Hinata was only a year older and a grade above Edie, but that made no difference in arranging time to hang out! She'd have to do that at a later stage.

"Please Edie-chan! It's my fault too, yah know? Takes two tah tango and all that." She smiled broadly at the gift Edie presented her with, "Oh wow! It looks so cute! Did you make this? Geez you're spoiling me Edie-chan!" Hinata opened the box and her eyes lit up when she saw the sweets inside. She closed the box conspiratorially and winked at Edie in thanks.

Hinata's hand slid to the back of her neck, slightly nervously at the mention of Ash Wednesday, "Ah it's not a practice that I take part in, though I have heard of it! It does make me glad that you can enjoy my gift! Just like I'm going to enjoy yours!" Hinata was not particularly religious to begin with, her family not being atheist, but more having gotten
lazy about ceremonies. Although after the event with Artorias she may just need to reconsider that stance.

Hinata blushed at the compliment she received but was more than willing to return it in kind, "Thank you so much! You look beautiful Edie-chan, your outfit makes you looks so confident!" Hinata's head tilted to the side slightly and she grinned happily, "I am really forward to our date, so is there anywhere you want to go? Maybe a walk outdoors or a cafe' date?"

bonniecanuck
Member Avatar
Bonnie Bushi
Edie too took a peek inside the box that Hinata gave her. "Wow, those look so well-made!" she complimented. "I'm sure they taste as good as they look." She addressed Hinata's compliments in turn and said, "Yeah, I learned how to make wagashi from a young age, mostly just out of watching my mother at work and then trying to emulate her craft in the kitchen."

She looked at the rose for a moment, and determining that it probably wouldn't turn out so well if she put it in her bag and risk it getting ruined, she decided to tuck it into her hair. She carefully and gently inserted it through her crown braid so that it was relatively secure. "How does that look?" she asked as she turned to face Hinata with the new accessory. "Don't worry, I'll put it in a vase when we're done tonight."

The way that Hinata talked about her outfit made Edie smile. She could tell that despite the older girl's penchant for adventure, she still had a very fashionable side to her. "Thank you!" she said. "I tried to go with something fashionable and smart, but I also wanted to put some personal touches on myself. Hence, I've got the jacket, gloves, and boots that I wear when I ride," she continued as she showed off the respective parts. "I think they go really well with the theme and also give me that personal yet fashionable touch to it."

Suddenly she seemed to think of something. "Oh! Hinata-san, I don't know how you might feel about this," she began, just a bit nervously and uncertain, "but how would you feel about us going riding together for our date? I mean, it's just a suggestion or idea, and if you're not up for it then we don't have to, but hey, I guess a ride on the beach is pretty romantic?" This probably wasn't the best idea or the best time and place to propose this, but this was largely an instinctive idea that came up on Edie's part. She couldn't help but think that whether she liked the idea or not, Hinata might at least feel a little inspired and excited for what else was to come.

Nickle
Member Avatar
The Original Ni-san
Hinata giggled as she watched Edie ponder over a safe place to keep her rose and was delighted when she found a result, "It looks cute and matches your outfit, so I'd say 10/10. Even if it doesn't survive until the vase, it'll be great for the date." As Edie discussed her outfit, Hinata nodded in agreement, "For mine I honestly feel like its a kind of mess. I wanted something cute and practical at the same time and this amalgamation," the girl gestured to her outfit, "I wanted to make sure I wore mainly red and white, but looking at your outfit I totally forgot black was an option."

The prospect of horse riding for the date, was indeed very romantic and totally unexpected. Hinata grinned happily, "Good gosh, I was holding back from saying this, but you're being so princely Edie-chan! I think horse riding is a great idea!" were the words that came out Hinata's mouth, but meanwhile she was panicking slightly.

"I don't know how to ride a horse! Dammit what the hell do I do!?"

From the depths of her mind a certain knight of the abyss, surprisingly and somewhat graciously offered a solution. "I do. I could solve the problem. At the start at least."

The rest of the conversation went unheard and Edie would see Hinata with a slightly glazed expression on her face for a moment, before she seemingly regained her senses and grinned, "Let's go!"
Edited by Nickle, Feb 20 2018, 04:23 AM.

bonniecanuck
Member Avatar
Bonnie Bushi
"Honestly, the white looks just as good on you!" said Edie as she straightened her ponytail. "It really highlights the graceful side of you. And I wouldn't have minded how it looked, as long as it wasn't inappropriate and you felt comfortable in it." Edie did note how quite a lot of the others were dressed rather more casually, but hey, they still looked great for each other, and in any case, this was a rather nice occasion. With the dance to look forward to later in the night, it was probably good to look proper for the day.

She giggled at Hinata's comments. "Well, it's certainly got that archetype of being an aristocratic and fancy activity, but it can be just as good exercise. The weather outside is very nice, and the air isn't so cold, so it'd be good to take a ride down the trails to the beach. Or take a lesson, if you'd rather."

At the same time, though, Edie did also acknowledge that Hinata would probably be unfamiliar with it. "I'll be happy to help you and teach you, if you'd like," she offered. She looked over, however, to see that her look had faded somewhat for a few moments. "Seeking Artorias' counsel again? Well, if he's any help as well, then that's just as well for us."

She picked up her purse. "It's not a long walk from the school to the sanctuary. We can head there right away, or would you rather like to stop for some tea or snacks first?"

Nickle
Member Avatar
The Original Ni-san
Hinata blushed visibly at Edie's praise. She was graceful? Spunky, cute, even sassy she could accept, but graceful was not one of the words she'd have used to readily describe herself. "Thank you Edie-san, I do feel comfortable but your praise has made me feel a lot better about it all."

At the prospect of Edie offering assistance Hinata agreed nodding her head, "I'd really appreciate any advice you could give. Though I apologize for that, Artorias just sometimes adds his two cents in randomly. I don't really know how much help he could be and I'd prefer not to have some dark knight appearing on out date." I mean honestly, what could he do in this case beyond taking over her body, riding the horse and most likely spooking the horse? Animals are sensitive to supernatural forces after all.

Hinata rose and slipped Edie's gift into her handbag before shaking her head, "I'm fine with heading right to the horse riding thank you! We can save any snacking and such for later, you've gotten me too excited now." Hinata stuck her tongue out cheekily and winked at Edie before waiting for the girl to lead her to the date spot.

bonniecanuck
Member Avatar
Bonnie Bushi
Edie picked up her belongings as well. "Well then," she said, "if that's how you feel, I think we'll be going out." She checked to make sure that she wasn't missing anything, and satisfied that nothing was left on the table, her chair, or the space around, she led Hinata to the door.

She continued to engage her in conversation on the way out. "Well, I do get what you mean. Still, the horses at the stables are quite tame. They're not fazed by certain loud noises like thunder, and don't react too harshly if they sense nerves flaring. So I'm sure that they'll be fine with you. But I'll still be here to help you out." The last thing Edie wanted was Hinata getting her mount worked up and getting someone hurt - or worse - in the process. Something that she definitely didn't even want to consider while they were at it. But she trusted her, and believed in her. She would, in all certainty, do just fine.

"Well, it is a good time to go now. We can definitely enjoy some relaxing time later." They stepped out onto the grounds, and to the romantic moments ahead of them. The whole time, Edie kept Hinata engaged with discussions about each other and her own passions. She couldn't wait until they could mount up.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Cafeteria · Next Topic »
Add Reply

- Affiliates -
- Hosting and Directory Affiliates -
FreeDomain.co.nr
RPG-D
Shadowplay Topsites
RPG Initiative
- Forum Board Affiliates -
Senki Academy
Shinigami Generation
Avalon a Panfandom RP
Theme/Skin created by Menindrag. Find more great designs at the ZetaBoards Theme Zone.

All images and creative content on Senki Academy are properties of their respective creators. If you're a creator and object to seeing your content displayed on this site, please contact the admin. We respect your wishes as a creator and will honour all requests for content removal.