Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
[VD2018] Lucas Strachan & Ryuko Murxya
Topic Started: Feb 13 2018, 08:17 PM (536 Views)
Mayu
Member Avatar
(。→ ‿← 。)
[OOC: This is a topic for pairs to use for their blind date. You are free to use this topic however you want for your blind date. If you want, you can keep the date in the cafeteria, or you can decide to go elsewhere on the island.]

Kaneshima Island, Senki Academy, Cafeteria
February the 13th, Tuesday, 16:00pm

It was afternoon and classes had just finished at Senki Academy. While it was relatively cold, it was a sunny day and several students had come to the cafeteria to chat with friends while several others had arrived to take part in the student council's blind date event. The student council were particularly busy, ticking names of check lists and handing those who came to the cafeteria a slip of paper.

Those who had gathered at the cafeteria were largely people who had signed up to the school's blind date event, an event that many wonder why the student council keep running every year...

Those who arrived at the cafeteria would have to give their names, the members of the student council running the event signing off their names and handing a piece of paper with a number on. Each table in the cafeteria had been arranged with a number on and each student would be expected to wait at their designated table for their partner to arrive...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

All warmed up in her coat, Ryuko brought her work to table as a way to pass the time: a Play Station 4 gamepad that required some repair. And with her, the toolbelt and her inseparable friend, the little fluffy creature called Seppen, who rested inside her winter coat, poking its tiny head just above the topmost button.

Jeans pants, black and white winter coat with a red dragon on the back, her hair loose and concealing her neck. Unless one knew her, enough, it was easy to mistake her for someone else... And from the looks of it, she was in no rush nor boredom to meet her date.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bonniecanuck
Member Avatar
Bonnie Bushi
Lucas had been watching hockey again. It was probably just as well that the Leafs were on the West Coast, since he had woken up early - like, 5:30 am early - and it had ended in a shootout. While he was slightly bleary eyed, he still seemed presentable...enough. He wore his usual Leafs jersey and dark jeans as he walked into the cafeteria, rubbing his eyes slightly as he cleared his view to the sight of the mingling couples. Good, he was here.

He looked around to see where he was meant to be, and walked in that direction. As he did, he felt his pocket. Sure enough, his hand rested on a small package, to which he breathed a sigh of relief. He had learned that in this country it was tradition for the girls to give the men and each other chocolate on Valentine's Day, and the men reciprocated the gesture a month later on something called White Day, but he wasn't sure if he would be able to wait for that. Or if he could do it when it came to that day. So today was practically now or never. He'd baked a Nanaimo bar the previous night, and he hoped that his date, whomever they may be, would appreciate it and enjoy it, however unfamiliar they might be with the West Coast treat.

He approached his table just as he looked up, and as he did, found his vision focused on a very, very familiar classmate, one whom he had gotten to know well over the last year over their experiences as new arrivals...

...and was now seated in one of the two chairs.

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

"Aaaand done! Now what is my time? Seven minutes, I got a bit slower.", coincidentally, she finished as soon as Lucas approached. However, it was clear she didn't expect him to have come so soon, as she did a triple take the moment his presence was noticed.

The same student she first met, is the same student to be her blind date. Life is a thing, ain't it? And no, she is not nervous at all. That silly smile of hers is a consequence of her sudden realization.

"Lucas Strachan! I can't believe this coincidence! You are the first student I ever met in this world and now you are my first blind date ever!", Ryuko Murxya was a bit startled, but still... Glad. At least it was someone familiar. Seppy chirped low, lazily opening one eye.

bonniecanuck
Member Avatar
Bonnie Bushi
Lucas's eyes widened as he realised who his blind date was. "Ryuko!" he exclaimed. This was a very pleasant surprise. It might have coming close a year since, but he did remember their very first encounter. All things considered, it was a good pairing.

Though he had to wonder if there was some higher authority at work here. As if the student council thought that they might be an item together. He didn't think so. But whoever ran the place, or whatever higher authority they answered to which manipulated the whole thing, might have been behind it since this couldn't just be a coincidence. Or perhaps the Great Spirit in all Her curiosity had something in mind for a future family. But then again, She was not manipulative nor cheeky, merely being the one who keeps balance in the natural world. But who was he to guess at a time like this?

Lucas took a seat and pulled in his chair. His eye went to the various contraptions and gadgets on the table. "So you've been at work," he commented. "Very productive of you. I was still watching hockey this morning, since, well..." he gestured at the front of his shirt, "...I'd still rather watch the games in real time if I can. I can get a decent enough live stream, and most of the games are at night across the ocean, which over here is the early morning, so if there's a game on I'm up early to watch them."

He looked at Seppen as the mini dragon purred. "So how's Seppy been doing?" he asked as a way to get this date started. Talking about familiar enough stuff would be a great way to start, if asking his dad meant anything, and he knew Ryuko more than he did a lot of the others who had signed up, so he was sure that there was something not to stress or piss off the girl.

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

After the initial shock wore off, she was smiling more comfortably to his presence. Mostly because... "It feels like it was yesterday when we first met. I kinda have a tendency to bring something to work with while awaiting.", listening to his explanation regarding his delay, Ryuko had a better understanding of how difficult it was to keep up with stuff from another side of the world.

"Same situation with me the other day: Went to watch a game livestream, it ended at 7 in the morning. You can guess who slept during the class. Or rather, passed out.", Ryuko has a brief blush in her face. And good thing he brought up Seppen! "Seppy is feeling a little under the water. Must be that she played in the snow for too long. Poor little girl...", as she pitied Seppen for a moment, Ryuko petted Seppen's head and throat.

bonniecanuck
Member Avatar
Bonnie Bushi
Lucas certainly didn't feel the same as Ryuko, but now that he remembered it, it didn't seem so distant a memory as it might have been. It probably had been sooner than he remembered it. "Glad you remember that day," he commented. "It has been quite some time."

With his hope of steering the conversation the right way, he found that prompt in the fact that both of them had been up early. "Yeah...I can imagine," he said. "I just tried to get an earlier sleep in so that I'd be early enough to catch the game, but I get that our bodies function really differently, so you might be more susceptible to early morning fatigue." It wasn't necessarily the best thing to be dealing with, but all things considered, since it might have been his wolf genes that largely helped him wake up with the sun, although he also did take more naps than a lot of his other friends.

"And I'm sorry to hear that about Seppen," he added, likewise taking pity on the dragon. "It might be warmer here than where I'm from, but I can't imagine how much different it was from where you came from and how the environment here took a lot of getting used to." It was probably for the best that they just let Seppen rest while they were at it. For a young and developing creature like her, it was only logical that they leave her be and avoid stressing her out to ensure she had a faster recovery.

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

"Usually it means no problem for me to wake up early, as long as I had between four and eight hours of sleep. But when I have not slept for long, it is a whole different story. Seppy on the other hand sleeps times more than me for obvious reasons, with of course shorter sleep times.", and in a chatter, Seppen agreed to Ryuko, giving an adorable sneeze afterwards.

The little dragon slowly fell asleep, as Ryuko began to hum a lullaby, cuddling more within the coat. And once given chance, she would respond: "Took her to a bird girl in Room 404 ASAP, heard that this Kaede girl is really good at healing people and... She told me Seppy had nothing that her powers could heal, so as long as proper care is given she will be back to her peppy self in a snap. Since it has been just a few days, I'm already seeing some improvement."

"Oh, how about we go to my room? I fixed a really good heater and learned how to make deep fried ice cream! Could make you a nice treat!"
, Lucas getting invited to a girl's room? Best day ever?

bonniecanuck
Member Avatar
Bonnie Bushi
"Well, it's good that she's got that power to rely on to get her better," said Lucas. "And in any case, I'm sure that the cold isn't extremely serious. But I guess I don't think we'll so anything particularly intensive since I don't want her to be stressed out." Lucas could sympathise. Back in the day when his powers had manifested, he tended to fall ill over long periods, and while the worst effects were alleviated, he had been kept at home out of concern for his longer-term health.

"So," he continued as he addressed Ryuko's idea, "I think I'll come up then! You are really too kind, you don't have to do it." The prospect of the two having a good time together on the grounds and trying out some new household things seemed a find enough date idea to Lucas. Besides, having quite the sweet tooth would work out for him in this case. "You are welcome to come to my room too, if you'd like that. Or maybe we could also go out and do something fun together."

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

"Agreed. That is why I kept the noise to a minimum around her.", thankfully it did seem Seppen was a heavy sleeper, as when they got up she didn't even twitch or anything. Except yawning and reacting to a gentle massage to her cheek, courtesy of Ryuko. "I looked into tradition, and apparently gifting boys in Valentine's Day with homemade chocolate is a thing here. Since I forgot to make the chocolate beforehand, why not gift you with something easy that I prepared beforehand?"

Of course they were to go to her room and... While there were some things to be repaired at a corner, most things were perfectly functional. A silent hum from a heater in the corner and a warmth was spreading throughout the room, felt like it was spring warm in there. Taking off her boots and coat, she placed them near a chair that would be hers. Under the winter clothes, she had a tanktop with Sony Playstation logo.

"Don't mind the mess (or lack of?), as I said I have been cutting down on noise, so... Much to be done. At most organized them by priority.", and there Ryuko goes, to her kitchen.

bonniecanuck
Member Avatar
Bonnie Bushi
"Oh, well, of course!" said Lucas. He loved chocolate, but he was still not versed in the traditions of Japan, and so had missed out on the fact that people tended to give each other chocolate here. He had, however, bought a card, which he brandished with both of his hands as he stepped .

"I didn't make any chocolate," he said in an awkward apologetic tone, "but I hope this card makes up for it." It might have been a store-bought card with a message inside, but it had a cute design, and he thought it might look attractive to Ryuko.

"Er, anyway, I'll bear with the mess. And the heat," he stammered afterwards. He followed her to see what she had made.

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

Accepting the card, looking into it only after giving a kiss to Lucas' cheek. As she observed the card afterwards, Ryuko gave a good look at the card. "Nice design choice, really cute! I will treasure it.", and for a while longer it stayed in her hands, before being placed next to a framed photo on the desk... Her parents, a wyvern, a black dragon, and herself when she was little... She almost looked human, but had wings and horns, and one of the wings had a metal "arm" supporting it.

For a moment, she simply looked at the photo, before taking Seppen and setting to rest near the photo, covering the small dragon with a doll's blanket and kissing the creatures cheek, hearing a happy chirp in response.

"Seppy, sleep well... And get better, okay?", and following that, she headed to the kitchen. Well, she had to prepare the deep fried ice cream for her valentine... Putting an apron on, she waited the oil to heat up enough.

bonniecanuck
Member Avatar
Bonnie Bushi
"Eee...!" The sound out of Lucas's mouth sounded halfway between a human's surprised squeak and a juvenile wolf's yelp. He stood in the doorway frozen. He didn't know what to do. He hadn't been kissed like that before. Nor that reaction for a Valentine's Day card.

Eventually picking himself up once Ryuko disappeared into the kitchen, he didn't follow. Instead, he sat down at the table. He sat cross-legged, still not quite used to the kneeling way of sitting known as seiza in Japan. He couldn't wait to see what she would bring out.

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

"Make yourself comfortable, it'll take a bit of a while.", as Ryuko said, she awaited calmly until the oil was at the right temperature, taking out of the fridge a tray with something breaded, before placing them in the deep fryer. It wouldn't be long until Lucas was served with four balls of deep fried ice cream, two chocolate and two strawberry, and Coca-Cola. Of course, she would serve herself as well and take seat before him.

It would be a pleasant surprise: the outside was a warm crunchy crust, but the inside was still cold and firm. A bottle of mint syrup was available as well. Apparently, Ryuko made it a little bit too sweet, but nothing that would bother anyone, thankfully.

bonniecanuck
Member Avatar
Bonnie Bushi
Lucas rubbed his hands eagerly as he watched the goodies being served before him. "Deep-fried ice cream?" he said curiously. "I've heard about it a fair bit, but I've never had the chance of trying it out. I guess this'll be my first time! Thanks, Ryuko!"

He picked up his spoon, and put his palms together. "Eat-a-ducky-mass." Unfortunately, despite nearly a year here, his Japanese pronunciations had not improved markedly, and his grades were still mediocre in the subject. Not that he was bothered to care too much about that fact in the meantime, but, well, when in Rome, do as the Romans do.

He dug into one of the balls of chocolate ice cream, carefully collecting the breaded crust and cold, creamy confection together in his spoon. Then he slowly put it in his mouth. As he did, he closed his eyes for a moment. The flavours astonished him. How could something like that be so nice? And he wasn't even particularly partial to fried foods...

"This is so delicious!" he declared profoundly. "I don't know why I haven't known about this for so long!" He scooped another bite, then reached for the mint syrup.

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

"It's the closest to the dessert of my planet, except the interior is still cold. But even in the winter it feels so good somehow! Must be the chocolate.", performing a similar rite prior to eating, however without a word. Her traditions were after all different from the one they were emulating.

Ryuko took a bite as well and looked genuinely surprised and quite happy. "A little bitsy sweet, but you are right! It's delicious!", she exclaimed with joy and was about to reach for the syrup too. When her hand found Lucas', she stopped, looked straight at him and blushed.

With a giggle, she withdrew her hand and said "Guests have priority!"

bonniecanuck
Member Avatar
Bonnie Bushi
Lucas doused his next scoop in the mint syrup, and swallowing it, he nodded. "Yeah, the syrup definitely is a bit sweet. Still, it's very nice. Really does well to cut out the heaviness of the deep-fried crust." He sounded like a food critic, but it was clear that as he enjoyed the treat, he wanted to provide his commentary on it anyhow.

He dug in for another bite, but reached a little inwards, which moved his other hand forward, and as he did, his hand touched Ryuko's. It took him two seconds to realise this, but as he did, even when Ryuko had withdrawn her hand, he had grown beet red all over again.

"Uhh...right..." he stammered as he reached back into the ball of ice cream. His hands were visibly shaking now, but it stopped again and he seemed to return to normal once the ice cream touched his tongue. He reached for the bottle of pop instead. Better to let Ryuko have some now rather than have a faux pas of the sort from just now.

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

It would be quite awkward from that moment on, as that contact made their temperature rise. Even then, Ryuko broke the silence, sharing some of her culinary knowledge with him, her experiences with manual labor in general, including how she was that kind of child that would disassemble and reassemble things over and over to see if she could do it, and how fast.

Though he wanted to leave the last deep fried ice cream ball for her, Ryuko decided to let Lucas have it. After all, he was not just any guest... He was Lucas, the first "human" boy she met.

But now that the dessert was done, what do? "Hm... Lucas, what would you like to do next with me?", seems Ryuko was eager for more.

bonniecanuck
Member Avatar
Bonnie Bushi
Lucas breathed as he released his lips from the straw. His heart was still racing, and it wasn't just the cholesterol coagulating in his chest. He wasn't coming back from that.

Still, he kept eating. He told himself to slow down a little, and just relax. Time went on just fine, and things slowed down. He let himself regale Ryuko of tales of Canada and his heritage. But he kept eating, and it didn't take long for him to be finished. It was only after that did he stop talking and think. What would they do indeed...

"I think we're better off walking this off," he mused. "You want to go down to the arcade for a walk and to look at stuff?" It didn't seem like a bad plan to him. After the heaviness of the dessert, it would be a good change of pace for them.

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

"Walking it off...", as she mumbled those words her eyes strayed to her dragon. She was reluctant to leave Seppen alone, for she was the only family Ryuko had in this world, and most valued even. "I want to, yes, but I should find someone to watch over Seppy.", and even then she knew to be concerned.

It was nothing really serious, Seppy's condition, but what if suddenly she got worse? What if she needed something? Maybe... "I think I'll ask the other girls? Someone ought to have time to spare and care for her, right?"

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Cafeteria · Next Topic »
Add Reply

- Affiliates -
- Hosting and Directory Affiliates -
FreeDomain.co.nr
RPG-D
Shadowplay Topsites
RPG Initiative
- Forum Board Affiliates -
Senki Academy
Shinigami Generation
Avalon a Panfandom RP
Theme/Skin created by Menindrag. Find more great designs at the ZetaBoards Theme Zone.

All images and creative content on Senki Academy are properties of their respective creators. If you're a creator and object to seeing your content displayed on this site, please contact the admin. We respect your wishes as a creator and will honour all requests for content removal.