Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
[VD2018] Elayne Duval & Mervyn Blaise
Topic Started: Feb 13 2018, 08:16 PM (143 Views)
Mayu
Member Avatar
(。→ ‿← 。)
[OOC: This is a topic for pairs to use for their blind date. You are free to use this topic however you want for your blind date. If you want, you can keep the date in the cafeteria, or you can decide to go elsewhere on the island.]

Kaneshima Island, Senki Academy, Cafeteria
February the 13th, Tuesday, 16:00pm

It was afternoon and classes had just finished at Senki Academy. While it was relatively cold, it was a sunny day and several students had come to the cafeteria to chat with friends while several others had arrived to take part in the student council's blind date event. The student council were particularly busy, ticking names of check lists and handing those who came to the cafeteria a slip of paper.

Those who had gathered at the cafeteria were largely people who had signed up to the school's blind date event, an event that many wonder why the student council keep running every year...

Those who arrived at the cafeteria would have to give their names, the members of the student council running the event signing off their names and handing a piece of paper with a number on. Each table in the cafeteria had been arranged with a number on and each student would be expected to wait at their designated table for their partner to arrive...
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Nomad
Member Avatar

Who would've known that getting a date that would be as easy as signing a piece of paper? When Mervyn heard about the blind date event he was ecstatic. Then again, he tended to always be a chipper mood. Today he just so happened to have a good reason to be.

After getting briefly lost he found his way to the cafeteria, a beaming grin spread across his face like glaze on a doughnut. Speaking of doughnuts he made sure to pick some up before arriving. People are supposed to bring gifts to these things aren't they? He wasn't sure but any excuse to buy doughnuts was a good one. Though he purchased the dozen he only had four left to give. He couldn't resist it, that alluring scent that foreshadowed a savoring taste. I'll just let her have the rest! Mervyn came to that decision as he ate his ninth doughnut reducing the number within the box to three.

After giving his name and receiving his table number, Mervyn went on to meet his date. As he went he imagined all of the possibilities of his match. Wait a second! He took a stop before reaching the table, nearly dropping the doughnuts he cherished. This is a weirdo school. What if my date is a weirdo chick? He imagined getting matched with something that resembled a red oni. Maybe I'll take another doughnut. He opened the box and reduced what was once a dozen to a pair.

"Yo!" Mervyn would greet his date upon seeing her. "Want a doughnut?" Regardless of who he saw he would upkeep his smile and positive attitude. Being awkward wasn't his M.O.

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

While some would be afraid of who they would be paired with, others welcomed it easily. But the real fun lies in the unexpected... This wasn't her first blind date, though all previous times the one she has been paired with went to study abroad.

This time she was the one studying abroad. And couldn't help but feel sorry for the guy she got paired with last year. Even then, she better make quite a presentation, right? In her hands, a box of macarons she ordered right after she signed up for this, and on her person she had a frilly red dress, decorated with white flowers, and a knee high pair of lavender boots, her legs further kept from cold with tight black pants.

Upon seeing Mervyn, she couldn't help but giggle a bit. Seems someone was so nervous he ate pretty much the entire box of the gift they were supposed to give.

"Suppose this is your first time, correct? And apparently, we had a similar but not same idea in mind.", bringing up the box of macarons, the cover popped up with a single tap of her fingers to both sides at once, "Now, let's take a seat, and get it started."

The box contained a dozen as well, assorted flavors, but the cover showed which color had what flavor. Accepting kindly a doughnut and calmly consuming, she only spoke when what was in mouth was swallowed: "Pleased to meet you, my name is Elayne Duval, a resident of the humble village of Brocéliande, France."
Edited by GrimRPer, Feb 14 2018, 01:12 AM.

Nomad
Member Avatar

"Got it. Broccoli, France."

Whether or not Mervyn deliberately butchered the pronunciation of the village's name would be unclear. Though it was highly likely that he did it for a laugh on his end, his grasp of the French tongue was beneath subpar.

"The name's Mervyn Blaise!" He introduced himself with much unnecessary excitement, pressing his thumb into his puffed out chest. "Straight from New Orleans, Louisiana." He typically didn't add where he was from as part of his introduction but decided to do so this one time since she told him where she was from.

Mervyn felt relieved upon seeing Elayne. She doesn't have any horns or a tail. I struck gold! He thought he was going to get stuck with a bizarre monster or something. Of course, he wouldn't have minded that either because he just would've tried to fight it. He chuckled at that thought.

"Sorry about the doughnuts," he apologized. "I forgot to eat breakfast this morning." That was a lie. He did eat breakfast that morning. Twice. However, he didn't want her to know that he was a glutton on their first date. The second surely but not the first.

That plan quickly went out the window when he looked into the box macarons. "Wow colorful sandwiches!" He reached into the box and grabbed as many as he could with a single hand and shoveled them into his mouth. "These are delicious - ekh oh!"

Eating too fast wasn't a good idea. He started to choke, leaning over as he hacked up colorful slush.

"My bad, Laney."

He tried to stave off the embarrassment with a laugh.

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

Staring at him, Elayne blinked a couple times, before giggling at how silly that sounded. "Cannot blame you for how tough it may be to pronounce the name of the Legendary Forest itself. So, Mervyn Blaise of New Orleans, Louisiana. Don't worry about the doughnuts, I understand how hunger can hurt. But make yourself more comfortable, and feast on the macarons. They are for you after all.", a kind smile as she met her blind date.

As he choked from indulging so much in the colorful sweets, Elayne let out a low "Oh... Royal rainbow.", trying to lighten the mood further. "Well, no worries, I got you covered", with a flick of her left wrist, she brought out a plastic cup. But there was no water in it, right?

"Oh, can't forget the water!", as if Elayne held an invisible bottle in her right hand, water was poured into the cup, filling it, before she passed it to Mervyn. A sleight of hand, the magic of stages, performed right before his eyes.

Nomad
Member Avatar

Mervyn stared in awe before accepting the cup of water, chugging it down once his disbelief had subsided enough to allow him to do so. Once he was finished, practically swallowing the entire cup in a single, gulp, he sat up straight so he could properly speak to Elayne.

"Thank you," Mervyn said, expressing his gratitude. "You're a lifesaver." Since he probably wouldn't have fared well had she not given him the cup of water that meant the term was used in a literal sense.

"So lemme guess - you can magic stuff too, huh?" Having grown up around witches Mervyn was actually used to seeing such tricks be performed. The reason for his reaction was simple - he was easily entertained. "I have some tricks of my own." Though his was a bit flashier. Mervyn raised his finger and charged it with an electric spark. "I'm the Champion of Storms at your service!"

He called off the spark around his finger before continuing to ramble on. "Legendary Forest? You one of those nature types?" A place with such a weighted name could not go unaddressed by him. If there was a Legendary Forest then there had to be legendary plants and animals as well. Mervyn was aware enough to at least make that connection.

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

"Ah, this is just a simple stage magic. Hobby of mine, helps pass the time and get some cash from small shows of my own.", Elayned observed him making the spark with an equal spark in her eyes. She knew Thunder magic when she saw it, or a variant of. It was just like when a child sees fireworks for the first time.

When he dismissed the spark, Mervyn once again gained her full focus. "Oh, well, kinda. Our village is still very vintage and preserved, it would be like walking into a perpetually medieval fair except some commodities of the modern world can be found there. So, Mervyn, what do you like doing the most?", Elayne couldn't dismiss the possibility of their paths crossing.

Nomad
Member Avatar

"What do I like doing the most, eh?" Mervyn rubbed his chin as he thought. It didn't take him long to come up with his answer. "I like to throw down!" He slammed his hand on the table. "And maybe play a little bit of basketball here and there." He was much calmer with his additional answer.

"The Old Bolt likes for me to stop injustices from time to time." He didn't know if whether or not vigilantism counted as a hobby but he did enjoy stopping purse snatchers when he got the chance. "Ever thought about using your magic tricks to do summin' like that?" Having a sidekick to tag along on occasion would make things more fun for him.

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

"An active sports fellow, aren't you? From what I hear, most boys these days aren't as active, instead opting to what they call "e-sports". At my village however it is different: We train spells and sometimes have trips into the Legendary Forest. In some cases we had to defeat and arrest poachers who tried to enter the place we protect.", she explained, amused by his active and energetic demeanor.

To Elayne, that meant a lot, and his sense of justice... "Some says that what my people does isn't right, but we do what is best to preserve a sanctuary to many creatures, while never breaking the law. But as for my magic... Stage magic is ineffective in battle. Instead I use the art of Red Magic to bind my opponent in place.", OK, Red Magic WHAT?

Nomad
Member Avatar

The very concept of e-sports almost had Mervyn scratching his head. How is it a sport if you're not actually doing anything? There were many times when he failed to understand the world around him. Presently, he was having one of those instances. He shook his head before devoting his attention back to Elayne. He was on a date! He needed to focus on that! Had he forgotten how thrilled he was that she didn't have horns or a tail? At least not any that he knew of.

"I can't blame people for doing what they feel." He didn't understand exactly what it was that Elayne and her village did so he couldn't pass any true judgment on it. Mervyn assumed that protecting animals, in general, was a good thing so why press the issue any further? Not enough people were protecting the environment as far as he was concerned. Someone had to own up to the task. "So does your village have koalas?" It was a random question but he had to wonder exactly what kind of creatures they were protecting.

Then came her mentioning of this "Red Magic." Oh, the color red. How Mervyn coveted it so. He looked at the sleeves of his jacket and smiled. "Red Magic! I bet it's the best kind! Hahaha!" He couldn't help but laugh at that coincidence. Despite having grown up in a family of witches he wasn't familiar with Red Magic. Honestly, naming magic after a color was a strange concept to him. "So is there Blue Magic, Green Magic, and Purple Magic as well?" That was just friendly teasing on his behalf.

"My family is a bunch of witches," Mervyn informed Elayne and no he did not mean that as an insult. He meant it literally. "They deal with the vodoun." Obviously his usage of electricity signified that he did not follow family traditions while his being male also meant that he was an exception to his own family of witches.
"Storm Magic's much cooler!" He raised up his hands and allowed electricity to spark between them. That never grew tiring.

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

For a moment, Elayne wondered what crossed his mind whenever Mervyn silenced. The blond girl assumed he was human by his outwardly appearance, but whether he was human or not did not matter to her at all. Not when his head was in the right place.

And from what he said... It was true. except the koala part. That caused her to chuckle. "No, no, never seen a koala within the Legendary Forest or the greens surrounding the village. But seen a lot of mythical creatures.", she answered, still keeping the good mood.

"Red Magic is pretty much what they call the "Jack-of-all-Trades". Never excels in white magic, nor black magic, nor physical combat, but knows well of each. And your assumption might be correct: Blue is used by biologists of our people to mimic the abilities of mystical creatures, while Green and Purple are Summon and Time respectively, though the later two haven't had shown up in ages. They are rare types of magic among our folk, you're born with or without the potential for it.", too much data might crash Mervyn, Elayne.

With yet another giggle, she agreed to him: "I can see, and my folk would have been called witches in past and maybe even present too. But most people calls us mages or magicians out of fear that we may take offense."

Nomad
Member Avatar

Mervyn wasn't disappointed to hear that there weren't any koalas in the Legendary Forest. That was because he was prepared to run off an entire list of animals just to see if they resided there. Before he was able to do so, however, he had another bombshell dropped onto his head. Apparently, the Legendary Forest was home to equally legendary wildlife. He immediately pictured the likes of dragons, phoenixes, and centaurs dawdling about the woods. Though he was sure he could've sworn to have seen a centaur or two around Senki.

"So you mean stuff like gnomes?" The little men wearing pointy red hats. Mervyn had seen all sorts of strange creatures since he began working for Shango but never had he seen a gnome. For some odd reason, he took a great interest in them. Perhaps it was because he wanted to snatch one of their hats for himself. "Always wanted to see one of those. Hah!"

Learning that there were indeed different colors of magic was mind-boggling to Mervyn. It was such an unusual system of categorization and was far different from anything he was used to. Just as he was prepared to list off animals he was ready to start listing off colors. Orange Magic, Silver Magic, Gold Magic, Turquoise Magic! The possibilities are endless! It must have been complicated for them to remember what each type of magic did. Storm Magic was so much simpler to define.

"Mama and Grandmama both own what they are," Mervyn informed Elayne. "Back in the day, it was worse for them, especially Grandmama." Even in the present getting offended by what they called was the least of their worries. The magical community in New Orleans wasn't exactly united. Mervyn didn't want to think about that too long. He was on a date.

"Hah!" He cackled, leaning back in his chair. "So you like animals, eh? Isn't there like a zoo 'round here where we can go see some?"

Quite frankly sitting around the cafeteria wasn't his preferred way to spend the evening. Especially since the lunch line wasn't open.

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

"Gnomes there are quite a small race, makes their own clothes and are between two inches and six inches tall. Have small tribes and likes digging for small gems. There are gnomes that choose to be taken outside to explore the "big world outside", as they call it.", it is understandable for her, that the small kind wants to brave the world: for them everything is even greater and so much is there to be seen...

For a moment she did nothing but listen, and the idea of a zoo wasn't a bad one... Plus, in regards to animal... "What a girl from the village that guards the legendary forest would I be if I didn't like animals? I even have a loyal mount myself that came to me by his own will, and choose to be part of Shinwagahara Sanctuary.", Elayne answered Mervyn, giggling a bit.

Nomad
Member Avatar

So Gnomes were indeed real. That excited Mervyn. "Y'know what I should take a trip to this legendary forest someday." He had a feeling that he would have quite a wonderful time there. The animals, on the other hand, might not enjoy his company as much as he would theirs. He wondered if Gnomes inhabited the legendary forest and if they really wore the pointy red hats like he saw in the pictures.

"Shin...I'm not even gonna try and pronounce that." He was going to butcher the name of the place so badly that it would have shamed him to do so, and that was saying a lot considering that he enjoyed screwing up pronunciations for the fun of it. With enthusiasm, he jumped up to his feet. "Alright! I wanna see this mount of yours!" She led him to imagine all sorts of wonderful creatures. Was it a rhino? A phoenix? A lapras? His curiosity was revving within him like the engine of a sports car.

2 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Cafeteria · Next Topic »
Add Reply

- Affiliates -
- Hosting and Directory Affiliates -
FreeDomain.co.nr
RPG-D
Shadowplay Topsites
RPG Initiative
- Forum Board Affiliates -
Senki Academy
Shinigami Generation
Avalon a Panfandom RP
Theme/Skin created by Menindrag. Find more great designs at the ZetaBoards Theme Zone.

All images and creative content on Senki Academy are properties of their respective creators. If you're a creator and object to seeing your content displayed on this site, please contact the admin. We respect your wishes as a creator and will honour all requests for content removal.