Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
The Lore of a Soul; open
Topic Started: Jan 30 2018, 06:43 AM (161 Views)
Nickle
Member Avatar
The Original Ni-san
A long brown ponytail swished back and forth as a tiny set of feet made their way down the long aisles of shelves. Set with determination, Hinata made her way through the towering columns of books, looking this way and that for what was hopefully the section on the arcane and spiritual. With classes having ended for the day and her homework sitting finished and in her dorm room, Hinata had made her way to the library to tackle a problem. A very pertinent problem. The entire reason for her being here at Senki Academy in the first place.

The short, brown-haired girl turned a corner, her usual jovial face focused...but in an oddly cute way that would not be taken seriously. She wanted to find out more about spirits, possession and with any luck, about tenant she now had residing within her. To call Artorias a free-loader was a bit strong considering that he technically payed rent in the form of protection and body-guarding when required.

The fact still remained that for the most part Hinata was still somewhat ignorant of her situation. But today she had means to resolve that! Or at the very least start the process of resolving. She stopped, find the section she was looking for and pulling a ladder closer to her, climbing up so as to examine the higher shelves. She stood there for a few minutes, taking out books and paging through them, before eventually coming down the ladder with three different books, now scanning the eye-level shelves for anything more of use.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Fin
Member Avatar
B-Rank in H
Books, books. Books books books. Nothing but books could be found on the shelves as Hinata continued to scan around.

...Which is, really what else would one expect in a library?

Books. Books. More books. Even more books. A small winged human the size of a doll. Books, books, books, boo-

One of these things just doesn't belong.

Nickle
Member Avatar
The Original Ni-san
Hinata had placed the books she'd carried down from the higher shelves down on the ground as she scoured the spines of the books more towards ground level. Her brow was set in concentration as she skimmed across the titles on the spines of the books, taking in the information at a glance before quickly moving on. She stopped at one particular book spine, he eyes glued to it.

Not because she had found another volume, but rather because she had glanced over something that was not a book. Hinata blinked once, before slowly turning her head to see a small, person? A small winged person? She blinked again before her eyes widened madly and as she move to be closer to the small winged person.

"Faiy-chan!?" Hinata practically squeeled, but aware enough to not do so too loudly considering she was in a library and at least she retained some sense despite the rest of her functions falling prey to adoring how cute the little spirte was. "Eh? Eh? Where did yah come from cutie? Are yah lost? Do you live here?"

Fin
Member Avatar
B-Rank in H
"...Heh?"

The little fairy on the shelf turned around, surprised, to find there was a girl stopping by to address her.

...She was still a bit perplexed, glancing around to see if the girl was actually addressing someone else instead even though she was staring directly at herself, finding no one else was around, then pointed a tiny hand, and an even tinier finger, to herself. "...Me?"

Maya is not lost, though. And she doesn't really live here here. She also apparently wasn't quite used to people addressing her directly, as most people here usually only ever directly associate her being with Saki.

Usually. Whenever Saki doesn't stay invisible or hide in her room most of the time, at least.

Nickle
Member Avatar
The Original Ni-san
Hinata nodded vigorously toward the little fairy, excited but realizing that perhaps she'd caught the sprite off guard. Hinata grinned, exuding an aura of pure friendliness, "Yes you cutie. I've never seen a fairy before and yet here yah are!" Hinata bent down a little to be eye-level with the fairy.

"Whatcha doing here anyway? Are yah lookin' for books too? Whatcha wanting to read up on?" Too many questions. Too many questions! Hinata's excitement was clearly apparent and any filter she may have had towards speaking calmly and slowly to people was lost in the presence of Maya.

Hinata then extended a hand while the other held her books, "I'm Hinata! It's awesome to meetcha!"

Fin
Member Avatar
B-Rank in H
Uhm.

...She's an excitable one. So much so that it actually overwhelmed Maya herself, who's supposed to be the excitable one. "Um... slow down there little one...!" A bit silly coming from the little fairy, but if it helps to calm her down.

The fairy stood up from the shelf she's been sitting on, before floating right off of it into the air, as three pairs of diamond-shaped wings was conjured on her back with peculiar circuitboard patterns on them. "Okay then, let's take things from the top..." She said, patting down the large (relative to her own size) oversized jacket that hung well past her knees like a dress. She then rested her hands on her hips, and with a sparking poof, "I'm here to force my friend to finish her homework! I am not actually looking for a book because I am practically one myself! Thus I have no need to read up on anything, but I want to try cooking! My name is Maya, it's nice too meet you too Hinata!"

The little fairy called Maya firmly grasped and shook Hinata's hand (as much as her small stature could anyway) after her particularly electrifying series of non-stop answers and introduction. Her energy, and even her voice that sounded as though it was magnified through a megaphone, easily matched the girl ten times bigger than herself.

Nickle
Member Avatar
The Original Ni-san
Hinata giggled at Maya's response. The irony! Her being the little one! It was still insanely cute so Hinata didn't mind at all. Hinata watched enraptured as Maya started to float off of the bookshelf, her eyes glued to the fairy and trying to take in every detail of her wings. They looked so insanely cool! She listened to Maya as she discussed her reason for being here in the library.

Hinata briefly turned her head to look for Maya's friend but only for a moment before she felt the little fairy's hand on her own and had to hold back a very high pitched happy noise that was threatening to escape. Managing to keep what little composure she had, Hinata returned Maya's hand shake by moving her own hand up and down very slightly to compensate for the difference in size.

The harmonics of the fairy's voice were not lost on Hinata though, seemingly more electronic than what she could first tell. There was also something Maya had said that had caught her interest, "You're a book? Like the spirit of a book or something?" Hinata knew better than most that items could hold something spiritual or have a soul all their own that could allow those items to take shape. Ships and boats were famous for it.

Hinata gestured to Maya, "Well I don't have too much homework to deal with at the moment, I've kept on top of it so I came to do some extra reading about a problem I've been having. Where is your friend? Maybe we can all study together." Hianta's first guess would be the studying section with the various joint desks, but Maya's friend may have found a concealed nook somewhere in the library to do her work.

Fin
Member Avatar
B-Rank in H
"Mfufu~ Better than those silly books!" The little fairy huffed with another smug poof, though she didn't really say anything more than that.

Simply because she's reminded of something else she was supposed to deal with. "...Ah, well..." Her energy dropped like a rock, as she sheepishly pointed a tiny finger over Hinata's shoulder. "She's uh... there. ...But uh..."

Sitting cross-legged on a chair, at a table in the middle of the many rows of shelves by herself.

A short and small girl by stature, hardly taller than Hinata herself. Very long, disheveled dark brown hair that looked as though it hadn't been washed for days. A large, oversized green jacket, equally worn down, covering up the Senki High uniform underneath.

A screen of light stood upright in front of her. In her hand, a pen, seemingly also made of light, gliding across the panel like the an artist's brush strokes.

Her eyes are dead and lifeless, yet at the same time, completely focused as though nothing else but that which is in front of her, exists.

"...Even after dragging her all the way here, that's the only thing she'd look at..." Maya gave a deflated sigh, even the megaphone amplified voice had been turned off. "You probably shouldn't disturb her, though, she's..."

Nickle
Member Avatar
The Original Ni-san
Hinata eyes were welling up with concern, "She's not looking good at all! What's that thing she's holding anyway? Some kind of light screen or cintiq?" Behind Hinata, something began to form. A ghostly pair of large and imposing shoulders and head form and bent down to the same head height as Hinata.

A large gauntlet came to metaphysically rest on Hinata's shoulder as a terrifying knight cast unseen eye upon Maya's owner, "I feel a resonance with that soul..."

Hinata scowled, "Artorias please you're going to scare someone! Vanish for now until I've said hello." The apparition of the knight waited a moment, before faded away from view. Hinata looked at Maya and sighed, "Um...I'll explain later." before picking up the books she'd selected and moving towards the table the girl was sitting at.

Hinata plopped the books down on the table and grinned broadly at the girl, "You must be Maya-chan's friend! Whatcha up to?" said Hinata craning to look at whatever was in front of the girl.
Edited by Nickle, Feb 19 2018, 06:19 AM.

Fin
Member Avatar
B-Rank in H
Maya stared with mouth agape in horror.

"...T-t-that... ghost...! T-that was... thatwasaghost...! Awawawa-! A-A... A ghost...!! H-Hinata-chan, y-you're haunted by a ghost...!!" Unfortunately, Maya's panicked stammers had lost its audibility in her fear, and so it went unnoticed.

Whatever that thing is, it definitely scared the fairy. In any case...

The worn out girl didn't appear to respond at first, but the flow of the light pen had stopped. A minute, almost unnoticeable change in her expression, but one very clearly of annoyance. Eyebrows furrowed, with a slight sideways glance and a small, almost inaudible click of her tongue through slightly gritted teeth.

There was a nosy and cheerful girl trying to talk to her.

She didn't want to be disturbed, if that wasn't obvious already. "...Work," Yet she answered regardless, simply to make the point clear.

...On the light screen, Hinata would be able to see a commercial grade drawing program being used to draw a very indecent ecchi scene of what appears to be a doujin page.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Library · Next Topic »
Add Reply

- Affiliates -
- Hosting and Directory Affiliates -
FreeDomain.co.nr
RPG-D
Shadowplay Topsites
RPG Initiative
- Forum Board Affiliates -
Senki Academy
Shinigami Generation
Avalon a Panfandom RP
Theme/Skin created by Menindrag. Find more great designs at the ZetaBoards Theme Zone.

All images and creative content on Senki Academy are properties of their respective creators. If you're a creator and object to seeing your content displayed on this site, please contact the admin. We respect your wishes as a creator and will honour all requests for content removal.