Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
The Lore of a Soul; open
Topic Started: Jan 30 2018, 06:43 AM (481 Views)
Nickle
Member Avatar
The Original Ni-san
A long brown ponytail swished back and forth as a tiny set of feet made their way down the long aisles of shelves. Set with determination, Hinata made her way through the towering columns of books, looking this way and that for what was hopefully the section on the arcane and spiritual. With classes having ended for the day and her homework sitting finished and in her dorm room, Hinata had made her way to the library to tackle a problem. A very pertinent problem. The entire reason for her being here at Senki Academy in the first place.

The short, brown-haired girl turned a corner, her usual jovial face focused...but in an oddly cute way that would not be taken seriously. She wanted to find out more about spirits, possession and with any luck, about tenant she now had residing within her. To call Artorias a free-loader was a bit strong considering that he technically payed rent in the form of protection and body-guarding when required.

The fact still remained that for the most part Hinata was still somewhat ignorant of her situation. But today she had means to resolve that! Or at the very least start the process of resolving. She stopped, find the section she was looking for and pulling a ladder closer to her, climbing up so as to examine the higher shelves. She stood there for a few minutes, taking out books and paging through them, before eventually coming down the ladder with three different books, now scanning the eye-level shelves for anything more of use.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Fin
Member Avatar
B-Rank in H
Books, books. Books books books. Nothing but books could be found on the shelves as Hinata continued to scan around.

...Which is, really what else would one expect in a library?

Books. Books. More books. Even more books. A small winged human the size of a doll. Books, books, books, boo-

One of these things just doesn't belong.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Nickle
Member Avatar
The Original Ni-san
Hinata had placed the books she'd carried down from the higher shelves down on the ground as she scoured the spines of the books more towards ground level. Her brow was set in concentration as she skimmed across the titles on the spines of the books, taking in the information at a glance before quickly moving on. She stopped at one particular book spine, he eyes glued to it.

Not because she had found another volume, but rather because she had glanced over something that was not a book. Hinata blinked once, before slowly turning her head to see a small, person? A small winged person? She blinked again before her eyes widened madly and as she move to be closer to the small winged person.

"Faiy-chan!?" Hinata practically squeeled, but aware enough to not do so too loudly considering she was in a library and at least she retained some sense despite the rest of her functions falling prey to adoring how cute the little spirte was. "Eh? Eh? Where did yah come from cutie? Are yah lost? Do you live here?"

Fin
Member Avatar
B-Rank in H
"...Heh?"

The little fairy on the shelf turned around, surprised, to find there was a girl stopping by to address her.

...She was still a bit perplexed, glancing around to see if the girl was actually addressing someone else instead even though she was staring directly at herself, finding no one else was around, then pointed a tiny hand, and an even tinier finger, to herself. "...Me?"

Maya is not lost, though. And she doesn't really live here here. She also apparently wasn't quite used to people addressing her directly, as most people here usually only ever directly associate her being with Saki.

Usually. Whenever Saki doesn't stay invisible or hide in her room most of the time, at least.

Nickle
Member Avatar
The Original Ni-san
Hinata nodded vigorously toward the little fairy, excited but realizing that perhaps she'd caught the sprite off guard. Hinata grinned, exuding an aura of pure friendliness, "Yes you cutie. I've never seen a fairy before and yet here yah are!" Hinata bent down a little to be eye-level with the fairy.

"Whatcha doing here anyway? Are yah lookin' for books too? Whatcha wanting to read up on?" Too many questions. Too many questions! Hinata's excitement was clearly apparent and any filter she may have had towards speaking calmly and slowly to people was lost in the presence of Maya.

Hinata then extended a hand while the other held her books, "I'm Hinata! It's awesome to meetcha!"

Fin
Member Avatar
B-Rank in H
Uhm.

...She's an excitable one. So much so that it actually overwhelmed Maya herself, who's supposed to be the excitable one. "Um... slow down there little one...!" A bit silly coming from the little fairy, but if it helps to calm her down.

The fairy stood up from the shelf she's been sitting on, before floating right off of it into the air, as three pairs of diamond-shaped wings was conjured on her back with peculiar circuitboard patterns on them. "Okay then, let's take things from the top..." She said, patting down the large (relative to her own size) oversized jacket that hung well past her knees like a dress. She then rested her hands on her hips, and with a sparking poof, "I'm here to force my friend to finish her homework! I am not actually looking for a book because I am practically one myself! Thus I have no need to read up on anything, but I want to try cooking! My name is Maya, it's nice too meet you too Hinata!"

The little fairy called Maya firmly grasped and shook Hinata's hand (as much as her small stature could anyway) after her particularly electrifying series of non-stop answers and introduction. Her energy, and even her voice that sounded as though it was magnified through a megaphone, easily matched the girl ten times bigger than herself.

Nickle
Member Avatar
The Original Ni-san
Hinata giggled at Maya's response. The irony! Her being the little one! It was still insanely cute so Hinata didn't mind at all. Hinata watched enraptured as Maya started to float off of the bookshelf, her eyes glued to the fairy and trying to take in every detail of her wings. They looked so insanely cool! She listened to Maya as she discussed her reason for being here in the library.

Hinata briefly turned her head to look for Maya's friend but only for a moment before she felt the little fairy's hand on her own and had to hold back a very high pitched happy noise that was threatening to escape. Managing to keep what little composure she had, Hinata returned Maya's hand shake by moving her own hand up and down very slightly to compensate for the difference in size.

The harmonics of the fairy's voice were not lost on Hinata though, seemingly more electronic than what she could first tell. There was also something Maya had said that had caught her interest, "You're a book? Like the spirit of a book or something?" Hinata knew better than most that items could hold something spiritual or have a soul all their own that could allow those items to take shape. Ships and boats were famous for it.

Hinata gestured to Maya, "Well I don't have too much homework to deal with at the moment, I've kept on top of it so I came to do some extra reading about a problem I've been having. Where is your friend? Maybe we can all study together." Hianta's first guess would be the studying section with the various joint desks, but Maya's friend may have found a concealed nook somewhere in the library to do her work.

Fin
Member Avatar
B-Rank in H
"Mfufu~ Better than those silly books!" The little fairy huffed with another smug poof, though she didn't really say anything more than that.

Simply because she's reminded of something else she was supposed to deal with. "...Ah, well..." Her energy dropped like a rock, as she sheepishly pointed a tiny finger over Hinata's shoulder. "She's uh... there. ...But uh..."

Sitting cross-legged on a chair, at a table in the middle of the many rows of shelves by herself.

A short and small girl by stature, hardly taller than Hinata herself. Very long, disheveled dark brown hair that looked as though it hadn't been washed for days. A large, oversized green jacket, equally worn down, covering up the Senki High uniform underneath.

A screen of light stood upright in front of her. In her hand, a pen, seemingly also made of light, gliding across the panel like the an artist's brush strokes.

Her eyes are dead and lifeless, yet at the same time, completely focused as though nothing else but that which is in front of her, exists.

"...Even after dragging her all the way here, that's the only thing she'd look at..." Maya gave a deflated sigh, even the megaphone amplified voice had been turned off. "You probably shouldn't disturb her, though, she's..."

Nickle
Member Avatar
The Original Ni-san
Hinata eyes were welling up with concern, "She's not looking good at all! What's that thing she's holding anyway? Some kind of light screen or cintiq?" Behind Hinata, something began to form. A ghostly pair of large and imposing shoulders and head form and bent down to the same head height as Hinata.

A large gauntlet came to metaphysically rest on Hinata's shoulder as a terrifying knight cast unseen eye upon Maya's owner, "I feel a resonance with that soul..."

Hinata scowled, "Artorias please you're going to scare someone! Vanish for now until I've said hello." The apparition of the knight waited a moment, before faded away from view. Hinata looked at Maya and sighed, "Um...I'll explain later." before picking up the books she'd selected and moving towards the table the girl was sitting at.

Hinata plopped the books down on the table and grinned broadly at the girl, "You must be Maya-chan's friend! Whatcha up to?" said Hinata craning to look at whatever was in front of the girl.
Edited by Nickle, Feb 19 2018, 06:19 AM.

Fin
Member Avatar
B-Rank in H
Maya stared with mouth agape in horror.

"...T-t-that... ghost...! T-that was... thatwasaghost...! Awawawa-! A-A... A ghost...!! H-Hinata-chan, y-you're haunted by a ghost...!!" Unfortunately, Maya's panicked stammers had lost its audibility in her fear, and so it went unnoticed.

Whatever that thing is, it definitely scared the fairy. In any case...

The worn out girl didn't appear to respond at first, but the flow of the light pen had stopped. A minute, almost unnoticeable change in her expression, but one very clearly of annoyance. Eyebrows furrowed, with a slight sideways glance and a small, almost inaudible click of her tongue through slightly gritted teeth.

There was a nosy and cheerful girl trying to talk to her.

She didn't want to be disturbed, if that wasn't obvious already. "...Work," Yet she answered regardless, simply to make the point clear.

...On the light screen, Hinata would be able to see a commercial grade drawing program being used to draw a very indecent ecchi scene of what appears to be a doujin page.

Nickle
Member Avatar
The Original Ni-san
Hinata's attention was currently focused on the girl and her work. She'd probably have to explain Artorias later, but right now she was looking in the face what what she saw as Maya's Artorias, or her at the very least someone who held a polar opposite to Hinata's own sunny disposition. She cocked her head slightly to get a better look at the work the girl was drawing and grinned. "Oh yah?" said Hinata, in a honeyed tone that held a sense of mischief, "And you're allowed to do that kinda of work on school grounds?"

Hinata started to giggle as quietly as she could, apparently not embarrassed by what the girl was drawing. "I don't mind letting you work Ecchi-chan, but you have got me wonderin' if you're self-employed or working for someone else." Hinata plopped the books down on a chair opposite the girl whom she'd given a nickname to, "I've got some reading tah get done myself, so I hope you don't mind the company."

Hinata then waved her hand and motioned to Maya so that the fairy could come over, "Maya-tan, your friend Ecchi-chan is certainly has some interesting work. How come yah dragged her to the library to get her to stop looking at her light-screen? Has she been at it long?"

Fin
Member Avatar
B-Rank in H
She flinched.

This girl does have a point... Not that she cared, since no one really brought it up to her in the first place. But now that someone actually did... "...Che..."

It made her really conscious of herself now. The disheveled girl cursed dimly in her head, putting down the pen of light on the table where it faded away to nothingness. "...I guess I need a break..." She grumbled, leaning back on her seat with a stretch, popping some joints in the process.

Her work saved itself before closing down, disappearing along with the screen of light.

She glanced sideways at her new librarymate.

...Ecchi-chan. "...I have a name, you know," Not that she should really mind what other people call her, but this girl is certainly being pretty friendly to someone who very clearly exudes an air of complete unfriendliness.

Like a bright ball of sunshine put next to a blob of grimdark miasma.

An image that actually was made visible by some kind of holographic display appearing around both girls. "...Oh! Um, um!" Maya the fairy jumped as she quickly turned off the little background show. "Yes! ...Actually... yes... ...since maybe two weeks ago...?" Maya began explaining her partner's apparent business, taking furtive glances at the girl every now and then.

She was picking her teeth and looking as though she was pretending those around her doesn't exist.

...The fairy will take that as permission granted. "Aah... okay, Saki, um. That's her name. She... she draws doujins for sale at C*miket and stuff..." Maya the fairy blurted it out with an odd dejected sigh, as though she was forced to admit a deep dark secret she didn't want anyone to know. "The next big event being in... a months or so... in Tokyo... and uh..."

She's been pushing herself way too hard, is what Maya wanted to say, working around the clock with almost minimal sleep, eat or bodily hygiene for herself. Not to mention completely neglecting any kind of schoolwork or, god forbid, outdoor activities.

A bit of frown on Saki the Ecchi girl's face stopped Maya from saying anything further, though. "...Wellll... putting that aside..." Maya said idly, as she then floated right up to Hinata's face, grabbing her cheeks before exclaiming with a very horrified expression, "Weneedtogetyoupurifiedyou'vebeenpossessedbya
ghostdon'tworryIcancomeupwithsomeexorcismprogramsitwon'ttakeverylong!!"

Nickle
Member Avatar
The Original Ni-san
Hinata watched with quiet curiosity as the girl caused the pen and pad of light to fade away. It must be her power of some sort was the only thing Hinata could reason at a glance. Practically everyone here at Senki had a power after all. Hers just happened to be that she housed a potentially murderous spirit inside her soul. Hinata stood casually as the girl adjusted herself and then beamed.

"I've got a name too! Its Hinata! I just didn't know what yours was, so I just went with something for the moment." Hinata smiled, feeling warm and fuzzy and hoping it was working on her new acquaintance's gloom. Her brow furrowed, momentarily confused, before she realized Maya had been projecting some special effects holograms or something. This only served for wide eyed wonder to splash itself all over Hinata's face until Maya started speaking.

Hinata blinked, "T-two weeks!? W-wow now that is dedication." Hinata glanced at the girl, now officially Saki-chan or potentially Sakecchi-chan in her mind. It was good to commit yourself to work, but that much was bad for you. You needed to balance it out or seek help if you could. Hinata was performing miraculously in not making a comment about Saki's current state of hygiene or letting her face give away any thoughts she may have on the subject. "A month to go though? Well I can't really draw, but if you maybe want help selling them at C*miket Sakecchi-chan, I could help you at the booth!" Hinata gave her a winning smile and flashed a thumbs up that would have, in the minds of more nefarious or business-savy individuals screamed 'sales girl'.

Hinata's smile was very quickly altered into that of a goldfish as he cheeks were smooshed together by Maya's tiny hands and her lips puckered slightly. Hinata blinked at Maya, her brain taking a moment to process what the fairy said and then started to giggle nervously.

Hinata lifted her fingers and gently moved Maya's hands from her cheeks so that she could talk properly, "Eheheheh, uh, I already tried to get purified and exorcised and it," the memory of Artorias going berserk inside the exorcism circle was still fresh in her mind, "Didn't go so well." Hinata raised her right hand and showed the silver ring, while her left hand pulled out the silver pendant from the inside of her shirt, "Artorias' soul is bound to these items and well, he wills these items to be bound to me. I can't get rid of them no matter what I do, so for now he spirit is resting inside mine. I think its like a safe-haven for him?"

Hinata then looked at Saki, "Though he took a shine to you for some reason. That usually doesn't happen."

OOC
Edited by Nickle, Mar 5 2018, 05:25 AM.

Fin
Member Avatar
B-Rank in H
"...Meh?" Both Maya's erratic panic and Saki's feigned indifference were interrupted by that last part.

Which actually made Maya even more horrified than before. "...Oh god Saki, you have to hide!!" The fairy leaped back as quickly as she could, flattening her back against Saki's face and smothering her with fairy dust that tingles on her skin. "You're gonna get haunted! Don't worry, I'll protect you- hmmrgh-!?!"

And the fairy was quieted by being flattened between the pages of a thick 742-page history book.

"...This is a library, for fuck's sake..." Discounting how much Saki dislikes disturbance, let alone something as noisy as the fairy. She tossed the book aside. "...Whatever's haunting you must have really bad taste, then," The girl grumbled, propping her head on her hand as she glared at Hinata with her usual dead fish and unwelcoming look. Even if she didn't intend for it.

...The girl's still on her break, after all, so... eh. "...Hinata, was it?" She reconfirmed, her lips curling slightly with a definite sign of contempt. Even her name screams sunshine, and if there's one type of people that Saki dislikes, is those who frolick through life unbridled positivity.

If Saki could, she would emit a dense demonic aura of absolute negativity to counteract that positivity. There's no way she would let herself get infected by that silly happy feelings. "...I guess ghosts would be attracted to something so depressing and unlikeable," Saki grumbled with a sneer.

Maybe that was too much. Dammit, now Saki feels bad, her wry grin faltered as she looked away. "...S-should you even be showing off those things to strangers...?" She attempted to change the subject.

Once again the girl cursed inwardly at Hinata. Really, what is it with people being so friendly and starting conversations with people they've never once met in their life?

...This is totally Maya's fault.

Nickle
Member Avatar
The Original Ni-san
Hinata cocked her head to the side a little as Maya tried to protect Saki, under the impression that Artoias would try to posses her. "Umm, I don't think so. From what I know, he's bound to the ring and pendant and he's chosen those to be bound to me." Hinata demonstrated, lifting the ring up a little way on her finger and letting it rest there, hanging and not moving.

Slowly the ring began to slide its way back down her finger without any prompting or action from Hinata. As this happened, Hinata watched Saki and Maya scuffling. However, for the continuous sunshine that Hinata seemed to radiate, Saki's next words cut deep, deeper than was to be expected.

A cloud eclipsed the sun and grey descended onto Hinata's features. "Bad taste?" Hinata looked at Saki, slowly her lip started trembling, "I...I'm sure there are better, stronger people out there than me. I mean, I still think what happened was an accident. I was...living normally before any of this you know. I didn't know a thing about magic, spirits or that stuff," she indicated to the stack of books, "Though now I'm trying to learn so that its all less scary...I'm only here at Senki because of Artorias, I don't really have many special talents like the other students."

If there was a prize for kicking a puppy, into a cannon and firing it into a black whole, Saki would have won the triple gold medal judging by how Hinata looked now.

It was not for Saki to have expected, but no one had really asked Hinata how she'd been feeling about all the changes in her life that had so recently happened and unfortunately Saki had picked at a very barely healed scab. Hinata was still doing her best to hold all this back, not wanting to let these things all escape to a girl she'd just met.

She nodded however, in response to her question, "Yeah, it's Hinata."

For whatever wish Saki may have had for potentially being able to emit a demonic aura, she'd get a cold chill down her spine as such an aura actually started being emitted. A faint blue glow emanated from behind Hinata, much like before as Artorias' head torso began to hover above the girl. He cast he unseen eyes towards Saki, veiled in shadow.

"A kinship with the dark is apparent in you wench, but tread carefully with your thoughts. Any kinship with you would only cause a beast of darkness such as myself to fall victim to running rampant." Artorias then looked down to Hinata, who was looking up, almost on the verge of crying, but not allowing tears form, "Hinata's light keeps the beast at bay. Although she doubts it, she has a great potential inside her. A great light. A warmth in which I seek refuge."

Artorias then rounded on Saki again and she'd feel a pressure bearing down on her, "Count your blessings for the sprite of light shining down on your darkness."

"Artorias, that's enough."

It was not a command, nor was it a plea, but Hinata's words seem to somehow cause whatever aura Artorias was causing to leak out to abate. "I'm sorry Saki-san. I can't really control what he does, I didn't want him to bother you like that." Artorias then started to fade again, vanishing from above Hinata, as the girl tried to force a smile on her face.

It seemed Hinata's emotional state was tied to how much freedom Artorias had to act on his own. Potentially at any rate, even Hinata herself was not sure.

Fin
Member Avatar
B-Rank in H
...Eh? Huh?

Saki wondered if she had said something wrong to get such a vengeful spirit baring down its fangs on her.

It's... kind of making her sweat in panic, even though her posture didn't betray the feeling. "...It's... it's fine... he's fine, don't mind me..." Saki ended up stammering, doing her best to simply dismiss the little experience as nothing, though failing quite spectacularly at it.

Do cheerful people like her always find it so easy to open up to others...

Saki doesn't know if she should respond to the ghost spirit thing or Hinata.

...She really doesn't want to have anything to do with that spirit.

Saki wondered if Hinata actually does feel the same way. "...So I guess... being here isn't a choice for you either," She muttered, finally pulling herself together to perhaps hold a slightly more coherent conversation.

How odd. Saki is willingly following a conversation topic all by herself.

Nickle
Member Avatar
The Original Ni-san
Hinata shook her head, her face looking down as she pulled out a chair and sat next to Saki, "No, it's not my choice really. I didn't want to leave home, but I didn't want my friends or family possibly getting hurt by one of Artorias' outbursts." The knight had only ever taken physical form once so far, when Rei had tried to exorcise him from Hinata.

"A student from here going by the name of Rei tried exorcising him once. That was the only time Artorias fully possessed me. But in a way he was just defending the vessel that housed him. He doesn't want me to come to any harm, because then he would come to harm too."

Hinata lifted a hand and wiped away what could have been potential tears from her eyes that had not chosen to fall, but were threatening to well up. "He doesn't usually bother me much, but some things seem to trigger a response from him, I can't peg it down yet. Apparently I have some latent power or potential. I came here hoping to get a handle on that and on Artorias."

Hinata trailed off, fidgeting with edge of her skirt while speaking, not having looked up. She suddenly did however, having realized something Saki had said. She looked at her, her eyes looking slightly watery. "Wait...you are her against your own choice too? Why is that?"

Fin
Member Avatar
B-Rank in H
...Uwaah... That's some heavy sounding backstory...

It kind of makes Saki feel bad for pursuing the conversation. Not that she asked for it, but still. "...Sounds... pretty rough," She couldn't really comment very much on the whole ghosts and exorcism and possession thing, that is way out of her field of interest, let alone expertise.

Does everyone here have some kind of important life-changing, and probably life-or-death situation to go with them for being here?

Saki refrained from saying that out loud. In a way, at least. "...Well, it's nothing as interesting or serious as yours," The girl grimaced as she was reminded of the unceremonious way her parents had decided to send her here. "My parents kicked me out of the house to stop me from being a shut-in my whole life,"

She said nothing else.

...Really, that's pretty much the whole reason Saki was even here in the first place. At least, that's what she thinks anyway. She snickered to herself. "Heh, really, if you needed a joke to cheer yourself up, you've got one,"

Nickle
Member Avatar
The Original Ni-san
Hinata smiled, wiping her eyes again despite no tears having fallen, though their potential to had been there. "Interesting as it may be, I know next to nothing about it." She patted the books she had taken out, "That's why I came here to read up on it. I used to be normal before all this happened, now I'm...well I'm not abnormal, I'm...strange I guess? But I'm learning to roll with it."

A smile broke through the clouds that had been looming over Hinata, her sunny disposition returning somewhat. "What joke? Looks to me like you're doing a good job, even if your parents forced you into it." Now while Hinata's sunny disposition was clear to anyone who took half a second to look at her, what Saki may now realize was the intensity of its persistence.

Hinata leaned over to Saki and hugged her. If Saki bothered to notice, Hinata smelled sweet and fragrant, like...like marshmallows. Soap or shampoo was unclear, but that fragrance was unmistakable during the hug. "You may have shut yourself in here in the library, but that's still better than shutting yourself in a dorm. I mean, I wouldn't have met you otherwise! But I'm glad I did."

Fin
Member Avatar
B-Rank in H
...What is she doing?

Personal space, does she know it?

She doesn't, this is way too close for Saki's comfort. "Oi-oioioioi-! W-what what what are you doing?! You're touching me, d-don't don't touch me!" How sweet Hinata acted and smelled made it worse for the shut-in, as Saki's senses were being stifled all over from head to toe in more ways than one.

Piku piku piku.

Saki squirmed and wiggled around in Hinata's hug, trying to get away, to pretty much no avail, before giving up in exhaustion befitting of a little shut-in with no stamina whatsoever. "Meergh... Sounds more like bad luck on your part to meet me..." Saki grumbled in annoyance.

It's hard to decide whether Hinata's positivity or Saki's negativity is stronger.

...Saki definitely doesn't smell as good, though. It's like she hadn't showered in days.

Even then though, isn't this a cute scene, thought Maya, who had popped out from between the pages of the aforementioned 742-page history book as a two-dimensional paper doll, peering at the two with a little smile.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Library · Next Topic »
Add Reply

- Affiliates -
- Hosting and Directory Affiliates -
FreeDomain.co.nr
RPG-D
Shadowplay Topsites
RPG Initiative
- Forum Board Affiliates -
Senki Academy
Shinigami Generation
Avalon a Panfandom RP
Theme/Skin created by Menindrag. Find more great designs at the ZetaBoards Theme Zone.

All images and creative content on Senki Academy are properties of their respective creators. If you're a creator and object to seeing your content displayed on this site, please contact the admin. We respect your wishes as a creator and will honour all requests for content removal.