Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
They Came From The West; @ Bonnie. Others please inquire.
Topic Started: Jan 18 2018, 05:56 AM (360 Views)
GrimRPer
Member Avatar

"WARK!"

A loud caw announced the arrival of a creature dark like the night, even under a sun that tried to conceal behind the clouds but shone its pale radiance over the fields. On his back was a girl with dark clothes and a red scarf, hugging the creature's neck gently. This creature... Was it a terror bird?! One of those monster birds comparable to dinosaurs.

Was approaching in fast, jumping over obstacles, but slowed to a stop within the arena, as the girl said "Easy boy, easy...", straightening herself and patting gently between the shoulders, "Down, please?"

The terror bird lowered himself closer to the ground so she could unmount. "Thanks, Vent Noir. Here is a nice treat for my good boy. Yes, you are a good bird...", caressing his head, the orange-haired girl took a sweet potato and offered to her mount, who pecked large pieces off, being careful to not hurt her.

"So, this is the Shinwagahara Sanctuary... Should be a nice place for you, don't you think?"

"Wark!"
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bonniecanuck
Member Avatar
Bonnie Bushi
On the ground, outside in the one of the outdoor arenas, two figures on horseback were in the midst of an animated conversation. "Why couldn't I take that turn?" said one frustratedly. "You're stretching her limits," said the other coolly, on the side. Before them were a series of jumps and fences, arranged in such a way that they were meant to be ridden around in a routine. "You're also putting too much reliance on the reins when you get around to getting Elisabeth around number 7," she added as she pointed and gestured. "In any case, don't expect anything..."

The person speaking was interrupted by a loud caw, and the horses on which they were mounted found themselves startled by the sudden noise that they almost reared back. It still spoke to the discipline of both their training and their riders that they didn't completely lose their cool, and were brought under control and calmed down without any difficulty.

"What is that?" asked the first in awe. "I don't know, but at least it doesn't seem to want to eat or burn us," said the other. "And there's someone riding it too." She turned her light-grey around back in the direction of the stables. "I'll leave you the honours of dealing with them. I'm not so diplomatic when it comes to things like this. Besides, isn't your lesson with Ai soon?"

"Ai can wait, Carey," said the girl on the white-and-gold mare. "She's, what, around 20 minutes before arriving? I can clear this up in that time." "Well, whatever you say, Princess Edie," said Carey with a chuckle as she retreated back to the building.

Edie rode gently up to the giant bird and its rider and dismounted. "Welcome to Kaneshima, and Shinwagahara Sanctuary," she said. "Is there anything that I can help you with today?" She spoke in an oddly nonchalant tone of voice, as though this were something she dealt with on a daily basis to the point where she could no longer be cowed by the scale or appearance of such a beast.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

The creature's eyes, like a pair of lunar eclipses, moved from the food to Edie as she drew closer. It was like a guard dog staring at anyone they suspect, except this is a bird, really big and menacing. Thankfully, the sunset-headed girl rose her hand and caressed his head, hushing gently. After he has calmed down, Edie would have her full attention.

"My apologies for this sudden arrival and disturbance, my name is Elayne Duval, hailing from Brocéliande, France.", with a respectful bow, she made her introduction, shortly after gesturing to her beast, "And mine mount is Vent Noir. Surely an intimidating fellow, but I assure you it is self preservation and care for those close to him. Now Vent Noir, please greet this lady accordingly."

As he was told to, the best bowed his head and closed his eyes, letting his head hang low so Edie could caress. It was clearly he was treated well, fed well. "I intend on entrusting my loyal companion to a stay in these facilities, having heard of good faith surrounding it."

bonniecanuck
Member Avatar
Bonnie Bushi
Edie strode forward on guard, but without any tension to her movements. It was pretty clear-cut even from looking from way below that the bird and rider weren't hostile, and they seemed pretty eager to make contact with her. Or perhaps someone from around here who could help them out.

She heard out Elayne's introductions politely, and bowed as etiquette demanded of her. "Enchanté, Mademoiselle Duval," she began in lightly-accented French. "My name is Edie Masuda Sheridan. It is a pleasure to meet you as a newcomer to the island. This is my mount, Valiant. I'm sure that your Vent Noir is just as wonderful a companion as she is." The horse, despite now being on a completely free rein, stayed where she was, making nonjudgmental eye contact with both human and beast all the while.

"I'm sure that we can arrange accommodation for...your trusty steed," she continued, not entirely sure what species Vent Noir really was even as she removed her glove and extended her hand to rub her hand on his bowed head. "The owner of the facility is unfortunately not present at this time, but I can help you sort out the paperwork and fill him in with the full details, if that's fine with you. Why don't we go to the office and I'll help you with that? I can take you on a tour of the city and show you to and around the school afterwards, if you would like."

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

"Equal pleasure in being of acquaintance, Lady Edie Masuda Sheridan, and thy steed Valiant sure shows care and education as well. There is much energy in the lands of East, and heard of facilities here which welcomes individuals such as ourselves.", however ordinary Elayne may look, her speech and tone were quite up there, and the fact such creature accompanies her may imply more...

The monster bird didn't object, cawed low upon contact, neither flustered nor upset nor angry, it was almost as if he greeted her as well. "Understandable, my mistake for not having made contact prior to my arrival, but if this matter can be resolved with thee, objections I have not. And very much will appreciate the guidance.", as she spoke, Elayne's attention went upon Vent Noir, "Should you recommend an activity for my companion? I feel it would be best if he were given a place to rest and adapt to this time zone, as the travel disrupted his sleep cycle."

bonniecanuck
Member Avatar
Bonnie Bushi
Edie figured that she couldn't be too informal with Elayne. She had a trait of almost anachronistic mannerisms, and it wouldn't do to let that slip, lest she think any lesser of her. "Well, we are certainly flattered," she replied to her first comments. "I didn't think that we had achieved such a level of noteworthiness."

She lifted her hand off the terror bird's head with a final gentle pat and put the glove back on. "Well, it's not difficult to resolve that. The process shouldn't take too long." She looked back at Vent Noir, this time with an almost analytical complexion. "The best thing to do might be to rest. Does he have any particular preferences? We have indoor and outdoor board, and both offer different advantages and disadvantages dependent on what his personality is like. We do also offer activities for the creatures' leisure and relaxation. I'll do what I can to get him settled."

She stepped back and lead Valiant by the reins once more. "It might be best to show you around the premises so you can see what is available for him. It wouldn't do if you don't know what you're getting from us, right?"

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

"Words reach far in this era of communication, as does good image.", Elayne observed Edie assess the situation to decide what was best for the terror bird. Vent Noir didn't look very tired, however the exaustion showed in how his blinks were lengthy and he didn't move much.

And soon she answered it all to Edie: "Vent Noir prefers resting in the dark, though small luminosity is never of harm. His personality could be best described as fierce when allowed to be, with no qualms if it comes to small spaces. Activities often includes flying to high places and running around, may be a bit egotistical and display his prowess to others."

"But understandable, best if we witness ourselves what the Sanctuary has to offer, before we give him a good rest for the day. Come, Vent Noir, you will be taking a well deserved nap in a few."
, no reins were necessary, nor saddle, nor anything to ride or lead: such was his obedience that he would follow Elayne.

And occasionally, he would nuzzle her and caw low, to which she would giggle a bit and pet the quite gentle beast.

bonniecanuck
Member Avatar
Bonnie Bushi
"If that's his preference, then I think there's a nice, suitable spot for him," said Edie. "Come with me to the stables. The bottom floor is mostly reserved for more earthly creatures like the horses, but the top floor has a larger ceiling with more space for larger creatures that need more space. Stalls are much larger with movable walls to accommodate variable wingspans, the ceiling can be opened up as necessarily to let them in and out, and the windows can be dimmed to limit the light going inside. It'll feel a bit like an attic, but hopefully one clear of any old junk."

She began walking with Valiant on a long rein, beckoning Elayne to follow. The doorway leading inside was large and wide, able to accommodate Vent Noir despite his size, and inside there was considerable shade and heat for them to take comfort in to escape the cold.

"So he's here to stay then?" said a voice. A girl with blonde hair tending to a beautiful light-grey horse, the one whom Edie had been riding with in the arena earlier, looked at them as she spoke with a fair dose of interest in her voice. "Sure is, Carey," replied Edie. "I'll go take her up to the stalls upstairs and settle her bird in there."

"Will you be back soon, Edie-san?" chirped a lighter voice. A younger girl in the uniform of Kaneshima Middle School spoke up from the side at one of the stalls' doors. "I will, Ai-chan. Go ahead and get Fubuki tacked up for now, and get Carey-san to check it for you. I'll be back in around 10 minutes and should be ready to begin."

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

"So it will be similar to his stall back at our homeland, I can see. Except the walls were rusted in place, so to make it more comfortable for him we added a door he could cross at will: on one side he had absolute darkness for sleeping, on another he could bask in the sunlight.", as they followed Edie, Vent Noir didn't avert his attention at all, though Elayne was sure entertained by the conversation.

Bowing apologetically to Carey, Elayne spoke briefly: "Fear not, tis' will be just a moment I shall borrow." That was no lie, it should not take long. And going by the statement Edie gave to Ai? Nope, not long at all. Plus, Vent Noir was not much in the mood to show off- Nevermind, he ruffled up his feathers as soon as he saw Ai.

bonniecanuck
Member Avatar
Bonnie Bushi
"Well, this is a new building so you won't have to be concerned about the rust," said Edie. As she did, Ai chuckled at the way that the bird made a show of itself. "It's so huge and powerful but so cool and fun too," she commented in awe with a smile on her face. "Anyway," she said to Edie, "I'll get tacked up. I'll see you soon." Carey stepped forward as the two began tacking up the snow-white horse together.

Edie nodded and smiled back as she guided Elayne and Vent Noir up a ramp that led to the top floor. It was shut by a gate, but she input a numerical code into a keypad that let them in. "Here we are," she said as she pointed to the stall. It was just as she described it. "It's not particularly well-furnished right now, but we can take care of it. I trust his self-control to keep the place orderly. What do you think?"

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

"That much is clear, given how pristine is the condition of everything. ... Pffft, y-yeah, he does that to people he may want to allow to mount him, Ai-Chan. Seems you and him will get along fine. Usually he doesn't make friends. Nor enemies.", and in an agreement, Vent Noir cawed twice.

Continuing the journey to witness the bird's new nest, Elayne still followed Edie, and when they were there, the bird looked inside, then to Elayne, then inside again, and to Elayne. "So to say, he seems to like it and is a little eager to go in. Already spotted a good shadow too.", of course Elayne went on and gave in the "Go ahead.".

And there he went, racing over to the area with least light, and laying low, resting his head under his wing with a satisfied "Caw!". "Don't worry, he has no vices, at most he paces around grunting a bit if he is bored. As discussed: his activities are all around running and flying, we should have him run along with other steeds to get accustomed to them. If he refuses to obey, just call me over and I will give him the order to obey whoever needs to issue orders.", she confirmed, writing her number on a card...

Waaaaaaaaaaaait a minute...

IT IS A BUSINESS CARD?!

"MagiGirl Lapin Rouge", the phone number has been scribbled off and replaced with a Japanese mobile number instead, the left half had the silhouette of a girl with bunny ears and tail holding a top hat from which came out birds, and along the bottom was "Magic always find a way"

bonniecanuck
Member Avatar
Bonnie Bushi
Ai ran up to the bird and extended an arm to pet him. Looking at the way she moved, it would have been hard to believe that the same girl had been stuck in a wheelchair over a year and a half ago. She had made immense progress with her therapeutic riding that she could now walk like she had before the accident, and was going above and beyond to learn more advanced techniques like jumping.

She was astonished yet gleeful at the sight and feeling of Vent Noir. "Can I ride him?" she asked excitedly. "Now that I know how great riding on a horse is, I really want to know what the sky is like next!"

"In due time, Ai-chan," said Edie affectionately from the top of the ramp as the youthful equestrian stepped away to wave goodbye for the moment while she began tacking up her horse.

When the pair made it upstairs, Edie couldn't help but smile wryly at Vent Noir's excitability. "Well he'll certainly bring a lot of life to this place," she commented. However, that enjoyment of the moment dissipated slightly as she took the business card and scanned its contents. "Did...you get this from somebody and put your number over it?" she asked curiously. "Or is this a thing that you actually do?" She felt that there was a lot to learn about Elayne even if this wasn't something that she actually did.

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

"Worst thing to possibly happen is him not obeying or being antisocial and distancing. But he doesn't pick fights, he wouldn't want to sadden me.", Elayne explained and awaited for Edie's realization, which came in the form of a question. With a smirk, she didn't respond right away, but by the moment Edie looked up to her... Some things had changed.

Elayne was wearing a pair of pink bunny ears and a bunny tail too, and the pen she twirled was now a wand, in a flourish non-different of that of a magician on the stage. "MagiGirl Lapin Rouge, at your disposal.", as she said, the wand unfurled, revealing a flyer of a French magician troupe. It wasn't any famous troupe, even featured cliche tricks, but had some of their own too, like the ghost bunnies.

"They were who taught me and some other around my age in the village how to do a few tricks. Some of us just got a little more interested in learning slightly advanced tricks, and I'm among them. Never expected this much from this girl of refined speech of remarkable nobility?", as she spoke, Elayne sounded noble once again, just as a sample.

bonniecanuck
Member Avatar
Bonnie Bushi
Edie looked at the card, under the light of the window. Yes, it very clearly was Elayne. She looked back up and saw that she had...transformed. Where the refined lady had been, there was now a bunnygirl with the implements of a magician. "Wow," she said breathlessly. "So you're a real deal magician? Not just an illusionist like most of the people on the stage these days? That's amazing!"

She was in awe, no doubt about it. It had been a highly unexpected revelation that struck her. While she had no interest in learning magic, and she knew her fair share of people whom were mages already, it was a surprise that someone could completely blow her expectations and perceptions of that person away so thoroughly that she didn't know what other tricks they had up their sleeve.

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

"I do know actual magic too, however they are best suited for support in combat. As a hobby, learned sleight of hands and similar. That way I can entertain for some profit. Lemme give you a demonstration of a real mage, I will hold back on the effect though:", and stepping away a little from Edie, she took a deep breath.

Elayne brought up her hand and called out "HOLD!". Chains of magical energy rose out of the ground and would bind up Edie in place, she could struggle all she wanted, but shortly after the demonstration is when the chains would disappear.

"Now, this is what I call magic. Though I cannot abuse, heard of this thing called MagiFever that can be really really bad...", Elayne spoke while the chains were there.

bonniecanuck
Member Avatar
Bonnie Bushi
"Aah!" The chains shooting out of nowhere bound Edie quickly before she could even muster a proper response. She thought about resisting for a moment, but knew that she could probably hurt herself with friction burn or further binding. She was also sharp and quick in assessing her situation, so she could quickly tell that Elayne very well didn't mean any harm here, but was in all likelihood only doing this for show, so her survival instinct didn't kick in.

The chains disappeared almost as quickly once Elayne was finished speaking, and though she had not tensed considerably, Edie still audibly sighed and relaxed. "Well, that was definitely something," she said as she sat down on a bench and pulled off one of her boots just to be sure that she hadn't been badly caught on the knee. Though riding boots had a tendency to be stiff in order to ensure as much support for the ankle and knee as possible, she didn't feel any pain or tension, so she put it back on.

"I see what you mean," said Edie, nodding. "So you do know much more intricate magic, as opposed to just being an illusionist like most performers, just like you tried out on me. However, since those are more practical for things like combat, you don't use them as a performer. That's definitely a great way of making use of your powers in different ways."

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

"I could have gone for damaging spells when I was learning my first two, but nah, being in the support isn't a bad idea.", Elayne explained her ability's purpose, "Plus if I'm on the front, it is easy for me to lock the enemy in place and strike them down. Haven't used my combat training yet, though."

Patiently she awaited for Edie, observing for a moment her big bird sleeping, clicking his beak low and muttering in content. It always brought Elayne a smile, to see Vent Noir so relaxed, so happy... After a while, she spoke: "So, what kind of person is Mr Tatsuya?"

That is right, she didn't know much, except little information on the Sanctuary, usually word of mouth or what was available online, which she looked back at her home.
Edited by GrimRPer, Jan 27 2018, 03:01 PM.

bonniecanuck
Member Avatar
Bonnie Bushi
In Edie's mind, Elayne definitely seemed to have practical smarts. "I understand. Lacking many more combat abilities and still needing to refine your craft, it's good to know where you stand and how that affects you. More than a few people I know have had a tendency to overestimate their strengths and that has proven to be their undoing." She was blunt in her comments, to be sure, but she did fully mean them to be complimentary. In any case, while she still had a lot yet to learn about Elayne and Vent Noir, they seemed to be very self-conscious of their strengths and flaws, which she always felt was a good thing to see in a person's character.

"To answer your question," she said as she paced a little while seeing Vent Noir cuddled up and asleep in a complete contrast to the threatening aura he had emanated earlier, "Tatsuya is...like an older brother to me." She spoke candidly and forthright, acknowledging just how close they were. "We're close friends in a familial relationship that has endured since the age of samurai, and I owe it to his family's support for my equestrian pursuits." If nothing else, it was clear that she felt like there was an unspoken debt she owed to him, for all of the help she had received from him.

"But he's also great with animals," she added, this time in a chirpier tone. "He has a talent for understanding them and their individual nuances, and makes use of them to interact with them in different ways that makes them happier than around any other human." She would probably sound like she was lying if she didn't have any more conviction in her voice. "He's a zoologist by profession, so he has a lot of knowledge, but it's knowledge that he's really put to use well, particularly when he opened up the farm and sanctuary. Though working with some of the more...eccentric species here, well, it's a bit out of his league right now on his own since he's still familiarising himself with them."

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

"True, overconfidence can lead to disappointment or worse.", didn't take a genius to know how one's mistake in taking themselves so highly could lead to harm or even death, but no point in dwellings into that... Not when none here had that issue. Neither Edie, nor Elayne, nor Vent Noir.

Nodding to what she was being told of Tatsuya, the French girl was pondering on how things would go between him and her mount. "I see, so Vent Noir should pose him little to no problem. And even if he does, Tatsuya-san might succeed in having him cooperate. Plus there's the fact of how close you two are, it really has this feeling that he is your brother or similar position.", in truth she felt a bit jealous of Edie.

bonniecanuck
Member Avatar
Bonnie Bushi
Edie shrugged. "He's certainly dealt with worse," she commented. "With how well Vent Noir interacts around people like us, I'm sure they'll get along hotter than a house on fire." She swept back around as she looked at Elayne. "And you too, of course. Knowing him, he might want you to have a job here as a working student."

She looked back to the sleeping giant bird and said, "I think we can leave him alone for now. I think I've kept the girls waiting long enough. Or should we stay here a little longer? You're his owner, so surely you'd know if we need to sort anything out for him."

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Suburban District · Next Topic »
Add Reply

- Affiliates -
- Hosting and Directory Affiliates -
FreeDomain.co.nr
RPG-D
Shadowplay Topsites
RPG Initiative
- Forum Board Affiliates -
Senki Academy
Shinigami Generation
Avalon a Panfandom RP
Theme/Skin created by Menindrag. Find more great designs at the ZetaBoards Theme Zone.

All images and creative content on Senki Academy are properties of their respective creators. If you're a creator and object to seeing your content displayed on this site, please contact the admin. We respect your wishes as a creator and will honour all requests for content removal.