Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
I could let you be...but it won't be for free~; Semi-open. Ask first please.
Topic Started: Oct 8 2017, 07:09 AM (243 Views)
LunarCataphract
Member Avatar

Like normal Melina was sitting by herself in the cafeteria. However unlike normal she had an unmistakably Japanese meal in front of her: Sushi. It involved those obviously sushi dishes those Kappa Nagi, Sake Nigiri and Hamachi not that she knew their names. Food was food. It was a first for Melina given her extremely picky tastes when it came to fish, raw fish wasn't exactly common in the food she had been exposed to back in England, and so perhaps her dislike was understandably. Still today she had decided to be bold and try something different! It was just a shame she wasn't able to share the experience with her friends....oh well.

Perhaps her willingness to try new things was brought about by her current state. You see Melina was, as she had been recently, struggling to decide what to do next with her life. This was her final year at the academy and sadly she just did not want to leave school. She liked being here spending time with friends and having a place she well....sort of belonged. The thing that concerned her was the unknown quantities that leaving school would invite. Were would she work? Would anyone hire her? Would she have to move out? What did she want to do for her life? Sure there was always the fashion industry and employing her talents to make clothing but that was a hard industry to get into. There was also acting but again a hard industry to get into. Plus did she want really want those to be her job? Or was it merely because they were something easy?

With an annoyed, and rather frustrated pout on her face, the Drider stabbed one of the sushi pieces before her with a single finger. The chitinous covering on her fingers making it easy to impale, then lift, the sushi to her mouth. With a dainty bite she tried the sushi and the response was...palpable. Her face contorted into an expression of pure and unbridled disappointment so potent it seemed as if her expression was permanently stuck that way. "....How is this stuff popular?...It's clammy...." She pushed the sushi off her finger and groaned reaching down into her bag. From it she removed a sandwich that she had intelligently decided to make before leaving for school. God knows it turned out to be useful giving her HATRED of sushi.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sendokami
Member Avatar

Yuki eyed the cafeteria. It was wholly underwhelming compared to even the worst student cafeteria in Academy City.

"This place is absolutely barbaric. The fact that anyone eats this slop is astounding."

Yuki eyed his phone for the time and frowned. He had to eat now. Well nowish. His recent experimentation had left him famished. Luckily Yuki had his own food so he wouldn't be forced to eat what ever it was they were serving. Not exactly caring where he sat he gravitated to the nearest empty seat and sat down quickly pulling out his home made bento. He began to eat not truly enjoying or even attempting to enjoy his food. He simply wanted to consume it as fast as possible so that he could be free. Unfortunately Yuki could only eat so fast. With nothing better to do while he chewed Yuki looked around and spotted the drider more or less right next to him. By this point Yuki was used to seeing weird freaks around the island but the drider was definitely one of the weirder residents. He watched her eat for a moment but for shrugging. Normally he would of jumped to even get a glimpse of her DNA but the past few times reading the DNA of random folk he met only served to frustrate him and one almost killed him. He would study them all in time. For now he just had to finish eating.
Edited by Sendokami, Oct 11 2017, 07:29 AM.

Lawman
Member Avatar
Hold still, your sideburns are uneven...
"I don't think that's a nice thing to say," Seated at the same table, directly opposite to where Yuki had chosen to sit was none other than Nicole, the lightning warrior also choosing to bring her home-cooked lunch to enjoy it to the sight of a panoramic view. After all, what makes good food taste better? When one is enjoying it in a nice place; a beautiful view, a pleasant ambience, and the company of friends.

"Not everyone can make their own meals or afford fancy stuff - when one is poor, choices are few, y'know?" the onyx-haired girl added as she laid out the contents of the insulated containers bearing her lunch, the lightning warrior deciding to make something more fitting to the Italian side of her heritage - a risotto of wild mushrooms, ham and pine nuts, and a side of sauteed greens drizzled with olive oil.

"Certainly those who are hard on their luck wouldn't appreciate being compared to what, pigs?" Nicole shrugged. "Sorry if I got carried away, that I didn't realise you're a new face around these parts," she commented, looking up at the other girl and realising she was in fact looking at a new face. "Got nothing against you personally, but judgmental attitudes like these tend to rub me the wrong way."

LunarCataphract
Member Avatar

She had sat down for the sake of a nice peaceful meal which was nice except for the fact Melina had no company. She was a fan of having someone to talk to and spend her time with but it seemed the only person nearby willing to talk was....Yuki. A total negative Nancy. Their arrogant dismissal of the cafeteria's food irked the Drider given how they were, as far as she knew, a new visitor to the cafeteria. Just as the Drider was about to open her mouth and shut down this twerp of a girl a familiar voice interjected.

The voice belonged to Melina's friend and, totally-offical-unofficial-girlfriend, Nicole who did actually beat the Drider to the punch jumped to the defence of the cafeteria. "Hey Nicole~ Come take a seat next to me~" When Nicole did, as there was no way in hell she would resist a chance at sitting next to the BEST Drider. she would find an arm wrapped around her waist and a piece of sushi brought up to her mouth. "I dislike sushi but...I figure you'd like it..." Not only that but it was clear from the flirtatious grin on Melina's face that she was doing this for the romantic aspect; after all wasn't feeding one another what a couple did?

Sendokami
Member Avatar

Yuki looked up at the voice absolutely surprised that anyone would even bother talking instead of just eating and running.

"Not everyone can make their own meals or afford fancy stuff - when one is poor, choices are few, y'know?

Yuki immediately dismissed the claim and was half tempted to stay completely silent on the matter but something about the girl irked him. He frowned still chewing before opening his mouth.

"The poor only have themselves to blame for their own situation. I came from nothing and look where I am now. There are always options available. The poor are just to weak or to cowardly to take them. Anyone that complains and does nothing serious to change their situation is simply not worth noticing."

Yuki hopped that would shut the girl up. He quickly went back to his food plucking a strip of beef out of his bento. Unfortunately Yuki was wrong and the girl kept talking.

"Got nothing against you personally, but judgmental attitudes like these tend to rub me the wrong way."

Yuki set down his chopsticks and the beef that they held and looked back up at the girl. This time Yuki studied her in earnest.

"And yet you seek to judge me on words that I say to myself to nobody. Seems very hypocritical to me. But yes I am 'new.'"

Yukis face contorted in displeasure it was very obvious that he hated to admit that.

"I am here on behalf of Academy City. They have obviously acknowledged my prowess and have transferred me here to learn from our competition. At least that is the only logical explanation for me being here. So in that capacity I am 'new.'"

Yuki was about to continue when the drider reached over and offered the girl a piece of sushi. Yuki stared at the drider a nervous blush spreading across his face as he noticed the driders obviously flirtatious grin. Yukis mouth hung open before he was able to recollect himself. He quickly picked up his chopsticks and futily tried to pick up that strip of beef. Growing flustered he finally managed it and stuck it in his mouth. Yuki kept his eyes down cursing himself for not paying attention earlier. It would be his luck that he sat down and worse started talking to a couple.
Edited by Sendokami, Oct 13 2017, 10:01 AM.

Lawman
Member Avatar
Hold still, your sideburns are uneven...
"Oh, I suppose first impressions can be misleading then," Nicole remarked, as the newcomer came back with a rhetoric about how she started with nothing, but worked her way up from the bottom of the barrel. And those who complain about their misfortunes yet do nothing serious to change their situation are basically, pathetic.

"That explains it," Nicole raised an eyebrow as the newcomer revealed herself to be a transfer from Academy City. "Heard about the place, supposedly they have been involved in some pretty cutting-edge research regarding powers... but they're pretty insular and tend not to be at all involved in the international community," or at least that was what the lightning warrior had heard of about the place. Well, at least to Nicole that certainly says a lot about the newcomer's attitude of well, dissing just about everything else.

Still, it seemed that the other girl wasn't intent on doing any self-reflecting, instead accusing Nicole of judging her on a random remark that wasn't directed at anybody in particular. "Well fine, so we can at least agree that projecting onto others is a bad thing, eh?" she shrugged - while the newcomer may have a point about the hypocrisy part, Nicole was also well aware that psychological projection is often a thing - it's all too easy to make oneself feel better about their own shortcomings by projecting them onto others and accusing them of displaying the same traits; a primitive defence mechanism employed by the human psyche.

"Hey Melina, good to see you too!" Nicole mentally thanked the drider for offering her a refreshing change of pace. And with that the lightning warrior would pick up her lunch and relocate to Melina's table, to be welcomed by an arm around her waist and an offering of sushi. "Why gladly~" the onyx-haired girl grinned before accepting the bite-sized piece of seasoned rice.

"Well, salmon sashimi isn't one of my favourite sushi toppings but as long as you're the one offering it, how can I refuse?" Nicole chuckled before putting an arm around Melina's shoulders and giving the drider a friendly pat on the back. "Since you offered me some of your sushi, it's only fair you have some of my risotto then," she added, gesturing towards the as yet untouched container bearing the Italian rice dish.

LunarCataphract
Member Avatar

Hearing what Yuki said about the poor and where the blame lied had an immediate affect on Melina. The mirthful expression she wore drained sapped from her face as fury burned bright within her eyes. "...Do give me a moment." Then she climbed up and over the table advancing towards Yuki. She clambered onto the arrogant girl's table her body taking up most of Yuki's vision. With all six eyes twisted in audacity, fury and rage the Drider leaned in close glaring. "Until you've walked a mile in the shoes of those you dismiss you have no right to judge them." Venom dripped from the Drider's voice, both literally and metaphorically on account of the clear liquid her fangs produced, as she stepped back from Yuki returning to her own seat.

Yuki's audacity had utterly spoiled the mood as Melina grumpily sat back down in her seat taking a bite out of her sandwich.She did try to ignore Yuki's pathetic mewling but then she heard the arrogant girl talking about some place called Academy City. "Uh huh...so if you're our rivals...how come I've not heard of you? I doubt any of the teachers have either. So much for rivals huh?..Also dear please don't kid yourself. I know you're a deluded little princess who thinks she's oh so mighty but there's plenty of other reasons you could have been sent her for." Oh yes acknowledged her powers was indeed one possible reason...but if that was the case why was Yuki here studying the competition instead of undergoing more intensive training to improve their mastery? Surely being sent far away from Academy City meant they wanted her gone.Still whatever fantasy helped Yuki sleep at nice was fair enough; Melina did have a rather unique relationship with fantasies after all.

Speaking of fantasies Melina turned her attention back to Nicole her offical unofficial girlfriend snuggling up to her aggressively. The lecherous grin of devious intent returned as yet again Merlina's eyes flashed with playfulness. "Mmm...Risotto sounds nice...but I think I'd rather have you...~" Taking her chance she would move in suddenly with her arachnid movements and nibbled on the closest of Nicole's ear lobs. Eventually, when Nicole obviously decided to be a stick in the mud, Melina would retreat her sharpened teeth pulling away from Nicole. She'd then reached for the Risotto box, pry it open and use a fork to sample some of it. Risotto was not exactly a dish Melina was found of but Nicole's was good..far better than any she had in the past! It was so good Melina couldn't stop eating it...!
Edited by LunarCataphract, Oct 14 2017, 04:39 AM.

Sendokami
Member Avatar

"Until you've walked a mile in the shoes of those you dismiss you have no right to judge them."

Yuki didn't notice the drider moving until a shadow fell across his food he was so caught up in his own mental chastisement of himself. Looking into the driders eyes from so close triggered his fighting instincts and his eyes immediately changed into their feline counterparts and he jumped back dropping into a low stance. Before he could do anything else or even respond the drider was already pulling back. Yuki took a deep breath scanning the room for hostiles before allowing himself to calm down. Being caught off guard shook him if this was academy city he could of ended up in the hospital or worse. He allowed his transformation to continue feline fur rippling across his frame. He maintained his height and weight though as not to ruing his brand new uniform. Yuki attempted to respond but before he could the drider was already speaking again.

"Uh huh...so if you're our rivals...how come I've not heard of you? I doubt any of the teachers have either. So much for rivals huh?..Also dear please don't kid yourself. I know you're a deluded little princess who thinks she's oh so mighty but there's plenty of other reasons you could have been sent her for."

"You obviously have no idea what I've been through. Try being treated like a third class citizen. Try being looked at with contempt not because you are useless but because you are a drain on the society you live in. Try finally moving up only to have people try and stab you in the back just to keep you down. Try not being able to sleep because your apartment is public information and any two bit freak with a grudge could decide that he was going to put you in your place that night."

Yuki scanned the room again but this time lingered on the woman next to the drider. She seemed mostly calm and that put Yuki more at ease. He allowed himself to sit back down but kept one eye on the drider his tail flicking back and fourth behind him. Yuki let out a low growl more at himself than anyone else before continuing.

"As for being rivals I never heard of this place before I came here either. I used rivals as a complement because its obviously more along the lines that this place is an upstart that needs to be monitored before it can become anything important at all."

Yuki had no way to back up these claims but it was the only thing that made sense to him so that is what he stated as fact. Yuki forwent his chopsticks instead opting to spear his food with his claws. He ate silently keeping his attention on the drider. He did not want to be caught of guard again. Unfortunately that meant watch all of the driders highly inappropriate actions. Yukis ears perked and swiveled towards the drider as he watched. Growing uncomfortable he focused at least some of his attention on the girl next to the drider. At least she wasn't being so overt.

"At least you seem wise in the ways of the world even if your unfortunate friend is not. But yes assumptions only lead to people getting killed."

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Cafeteria · Next Topic »
Add Reply

- Affiliates -
- Hosting and Directory Affiliates -
FreeDomain.co.nr
RPG-D
Shadowplay Topsites
RPG Initiative
- Forum Board Affiliates -
Senki Academy
Shinigami Generation
Avalon a Panfandom RP
Theme/Skin created by Menindrag. Find more great designs at the ZetaBoards Theme Zone.

All images and creative content on Senki Academy are properties of their respective creators. If you're a creator and object to seeing your content displayed on this site, please contact the admin. We respect your wishes as a creator and will honour all requests for content removal.