Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Roasted; Open
Topic Started: Oct 3 2017, 12:48 PM (530 Views)
Maou
Member Avatar
POMF =3
In the heart of the downtown sector of Kaneshima lies a cafe, though the cafe is not what's important but rather who it is luring in. Down the road was none other than Valentine, albeit, the recently cloned version sans the memories of two-thousand years.

The aroma of coffee in the late morning was quite alluring for her, a scent she hadn't smelled before. Of course were this the former Valentine, coffee would just be as normal as tea and biscuits. All of Earth's cuisine and culture was new to her, something more so than others.

"It smells so good!"

Valentine said to herself, taking in a deep breath through her nose. The more she inhaled, the more she desired the source. Slowly but surely she neared the cafe, standing on the other side of the road from it and just a few yards away from indulging her senses.

Just as she was about to walk across the street, a motorcycle came speeding down.

"Hey, watch where ya walkin'!"

The young woman shouted, though probably not quick nor loud enough for Valentine to hear her. Thankfully the rider swerved around her in the nick of time, Valentine falling back on the sidewalk out of surprise.

"Woah, I guess I kinda forgot."

Valentine said to herself nervously, scratching her cheek in embarrassment as well. For Valentine, traffic on the ground level was something she had to get used to. The ground was almost exclusively used for foot travel, especially if one wasn't planning on traveling long distances.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sendokami
Member Avatar

Yuki was once again for all intents and purposes lost. He had yet to get a phone that worked off of Academy Cities grid so he was once again just randomly exploring the island since he had nothing better to do. Yuki sighed and put his hands behind his head interlacing his fingers as he stared up into the sky.

"I really should get some friends or something. Its not the same not having people react and interact with you based on reputation alone. This place is also so so boring they don't even have Virtuaroids here."

Yuki was drawn back to reality when he noticed some idiot trying to cross the street in the middle of the street and almost get hit because of it. The woman must have been new to the area as no one would attempt to cross the street like that if they were used to having cars around them.

"Maybe she came from Academy city..."

Yuki mused to himself as he walked over. Seeing as the girl had yet to get up Yuki extended his hand in an offer of help.

"Need a hand up?"

Maou
Member Avatar
POMF =3
"Huh? Oh, yeah, thanks."

Valentine said with a smile, extending an open hand towards Yuki to take up her offer of helping her up. Once she was finally up, Vale dusted off her rear and readjusted her clothing. She wasn't wearing anything too complex, just a simple band branded t-shirt with a light jacket partially zipped. The lower half was covered by a dark colored, thigh length skirt complete with stockings. Autumn was here and it could be felt by the chilly atmosphere, though thankfully the sun was keeping it from being too chilly.

"Guess I should be paying more attention, huh?"

She said, laughing with a bit of embarrassment. Thankfully she was a fast learner, never having to worry about such an instance again; or at least she hopes.

"Thanks again, by the way. Why don't I repay you by taking you to that place over there?"

Valentine asked, pointing to the cafe across the road. With her mind back onto the coffee, she took another deep inhale of the aroma emanating from within. It was an addicting scent for her, an aroma that was entirely alien to her.

Sendokami
Member Avatar

Yuki went ridged as the woman grabbed his hand. He helped her up but a dark serious mood spread across his features. She was not human. She was like that boy from before. Not willing to jeopardize anything Yuki forced the mood to pass and smiled as he helped the woman to her full height. Hopefully she didn't notice since she seemed preoccupied with dusting herself off.

"Guess I should be paying more attention, huh? Thanks again, by the way. Why don't I repay you by taking you to that place over there?"

Yuki looked the woman over before responding.

"You really should. You could of gotten yourself killed."

Yuki glanced over at the cafe the woman pointed out and nodded. It would be an excellent opportunity to learn more about her and what it is that she was. Yuki smiled and nodded.

"Sure! I haven't eaten at all today."

Maou
Member Avatar
POMF =3
"Hehehe."

Valentine said nervously in response, a bit embarrassed by the whole ordeal. Unlike the original, this Valentine didn't have the luxury of regeneration, therefore she had to be a bit more careful. However, the current Valentine didn't have the danger seeking ambition the original did since she hasn't had the opportunities the original did. Either way, it'll work itself out; life that is.

"Excellent! I'll let you lead the way, if you don't mind. Not that I can't cross the road on my own, I'd just prefer it that way."

The girl gave charming smile, waiting for Yuki to hopefully lead the way. If it came down to it, Valentine would lead the way if Yuki decided not to. Once they arrived at the coffee shop, Valentine began looking inside through the large window, observing people sitting in various places either alone or with others.

"Ooh, it looks so comfortable in there!"

Valentine pointed out enthusiastically, placing her hands up against the glass while looking in. She almost looked like a stalker, hunting down someone she was in love with but it was something simpler. Of course, maybe a few patrons wouldn't know that but Yuki probably would.

Sendokami
Member Avatar

Yuki nodded and led the way waiting for traffic to stop before leading the girl across the street and to the coffee shop. It wasn't really a place Yuki would go to normally since he had no love for coffee at all. As he opened the door for the girl he noticed her at the glass basically drooling all over it.

"Ooh, it looks so comfortable in there!"

"Which is why its better to go inside then wait out here."

Yuki eyed the girl intently. He had no idea what to make of her at all.

Maou
Member Avatar
POMF =3
"Good idea!"

Valentine said with a smile, pulling away from the glass and entering the shop with Yuki. Once inside, Vale took another deep breath, inhaling the scent of the store with the aroma of coffee everywhere in the air.

The music could lightly be heard playing as the two entered the shop, giving a relaxing atmosphere to anyone's conversations. It didn't seem like this was the type of cafe where someone seated you, allowing groups to decide on their own placement.

She began by walking around, looking at the large assortments of coffee behind the bar, mentally taking it all in in awe.

"Wow, so many!"

Vale thought to herself, looking up and down while scratching her head, thinking about where she should even start. She had never been more lost in her life, which was quite a feat considering she traveled among the stars.

Sendokami
Member Avatar

Yuki followed the girl awkwardly shifting his weight back and fourth whenever she stopped to gawk at various coffee and coffee accessories. Growing impatient he tapped her on the shoulder.

"I'm going to go find us a place to sit. Join me whenever you are ready."

With that Yuki left finding a small table for two in a corner of the room. He sighed to himself as he sat down. She was like a child and Yuki did not know how to deal with children. Not knowing what to do with himself he closed his eyes and immersed himself in the sounds of the bar trying to identify each sound and exactly where it came from. It was a bit of training Yuki never really had the opportunity to do. Keeping his mind focused he tried to identify the girl and her location so as not to be caught unawares by her approach.

Maou
Member Avatar
POMF =3
"Uh huh,"

Valentine uttered while looking over the large collection, glancing at the various brands the store had to offer. Yuki would be able to hear Valentine's audible breaths of excitement as she eventually made her way to the table he had picked out for them.

She'd pull the seat out a bit, sliding down and scooting forward some to be up against the table. Even from the seat she sat in she'd continue to look around, observing the other patrons seated nearby. They'd soon be greeted by waitress, offering them a small menu with a couple pages.

The menus looked handmade, from the writing down to bookbinding, a unique and quaint style. Valentine quickly picked one up and carefully went through the menu as the waitress asked if there was anything to start them off with. Vale shook her head, engrossed by the dishes and drinks that were offered by the menu.

Sendokami
Member Avatar

Yuki nodded and smiled as the girl approached. Before he could ask anything though a waiter quickly zeroed in on their table and became the normal ranting waiters always do. Yuki glanced over the menu.

"I'll just have a hot chocolate please."

Yuki handed the menu back to the waiter and let the girl gush over hers. Once the waitress left he nodded at the girl.

"So I haven't caught your name yet, I'm Yuki."

Yuki held out his hand over the table.

Maou
Member Avatar
POMF =3
Vale looked up from the menu when Yuki asked for her name, giving his in exchange.

"Oh, right. I am Valentine."

And just like that she went back to the menu, reading the entirety of an item and then pondering what it looked like. She was probably far off from the reality but it was always nice to imagine what it could look like based on the words.

"You come here often?"

She asked, speaking casually rather than the way it was supposed to be said as a pickup line. Vale asked without even looking up over the menu, almost as if she was trying to fill the silence with conversation.

Sendokami
Member Avatar

Yuki was rather off put by Valentine. He really did not like being a third wheal and ignored. He clenched his teeth hard as he watched her scan the menu. Seeing that she wouldn't return his handshake he dropped it. Maybe this was a bad idea after all.

"You come here often?"

Not at all. This is my first time coming here.

Maou
Member Avatar
POMF =3
"Oh, that's awesome!"

Valentine said, briefly looking up at Yuki from the menu before looking through it once more.

"I've never had coffee before, have you?"

She asked, putting the menu down after reading through it and unsure what she should get. Vale was hoping Yuki drank coffee before, hoping to get some sort of recommendation for her first time.

"It all smells so good but I don't even know where to begin!"

Vale was a bit enthusiastic to try something that smelled so good, especially since it was strong enough to lead her to the cafe and almost into traffic.

Sendokami
Member Avatar

"I've never had coffee before, have you?"

Yuki couldn't help but let out a small laugh considering he already knew she wasn't human.

"Yes, I've had coffee before though its not to my liking at all. I'm surprised you haven't though? Have you just never had the opportunity to?"

"It all smells so good but I don't even know where to begin!"

Yuki sniffed the air and frowned.

"I quite dislike the smell as well to be honest. Its far to strong. Makes it rather difficult to pick out other smells but to each their own I suppose. So what brought you here?"

Yuki attempted to shift the conversation towards Valentine. Coffee was nice and all but it was hardly the reason he chose to be here.

Maou
Member Avatar
POMF =3
"Mmm, yeah, I guess you could say that. I mean, it's always been there by I've suddenly had the urge to give it a try. It's kind of like not liking something as a kid, despite having never tried it, and now you give it a try because of how good it looks or smells."

Valentine gave a smile after giving an explanation, hopefully one that didn't sound like she was not from this planet.

"Hmm, maybe it's because you smell it too often."

She said, trying to understand why one would dislike such a smell that she had quickly grown fond of. Of course Valentine not being from Earth and having never had nor smelled coffee before being the reasoning behind her questioning.

"Here? Well, in the past year we've expanded a business to other locations and I'm currently at this one to oversee development and gauge its progress."

Valentine answered plainly, giving a legit answer although probably not the one Yuki was after. She also figured Yuki wasn't talking about the coffee shop since she already knew why Vale was here.

The waitress eventually returned and Vale gave an order, finally picking something off of the menu; at least after asking for a recommendation.

Sendokami
Member Avatar

"Hmm, maybe it's because you smell it too often."

Yuki blinked not really sure how to respond to that assertion. He tried to think of a way to explain how it was for him.

"Well think of it like this you are trying to look around a room searching for something but there is a guy with a flashlight running around flashing you in the eyes with it where ever you look. Its kinda like that."

"Here? Well, in the past year we've expanded a business to other locations and I'm currently at this one to oversee development and gauge its progress."

Yukis ears perked up and he tilted his head quizzically.

"So you own a business or something? What is it for? Never would of picked you out for the business type. You are well kinda on the childish side."

Maou
Member Avatar
POMF =3
"I think I understand what you mean. No matter where you go you can't avoid it?"

Valentine spoke, attempting to understand why Yuki wasn't fond of coffee. She began thinking, nodding as she began coming to conclusions before turning her attention back to him.

"Uh, yeah. I own a technology company with focus on entertainment but there are some other things we can create."

When told about her being childish in contrast to the image of a business owner, she chuckled nervously and rubbed the back of her head.

"W-Well, there's a bit more to it than that but it's not that important."

The two would shortly receive their orders, Yuki getting his first and then Vale's second. She looked over the coffee and leaned in to take a deep breath, smiling and licking her lips while looking it over.

Sendokami
Member Avatar

"Uh, yeah. I own a technology company with focus on entertainment but there are some other things we can create."

Yuki nodded.

"Like what?"

Yuki thanked the waiter as they dropped off his order and gripped his cup enjoying the warmth that seeped through it. It would be a while yet before he would even attempt to take a sip though.

"W-Well, there's a bit more to it than that but it's not that important."

Yuki was intrigued and watched Valentine for a long moment as she enjoyed the smell of her coffee.

"What kinds of things? If they were truly unimportant you wouldn't of thought of them at all.

Maou
Member Avatar
POMF =3
"Well, our most distributed product is an anti-virus security package. There's also mobile versions, too."

Valentine said, beginning to explain some of the products her company sells. When it came to her company, it was actually the creation of her original that created it along with her friend and gynoid. This Valentine simply inherited it albeit still being the same person, technically.

"Let's see. We also sell a device that allows users to interact in a sort of virtual world. One in which no physical movement is required to move within, only the use of brainwaves. It's pretty neat, you should try it some time."

After explaining a couple products, Valentine picked up her cup and held it by the handle while using a couple fingers to hold it from the bottom. Slowly she tipped it towards her lips, taking a very small sip once she felt how hot it was.

"Oh my,"

She said after having a taste, licking her lips before placing the cup back onto a provided coaster. One could visibly see Valentine examining the flavor, licking her lips every so often and looking around to process what she had just drank.

Sendokami
Member Avatar

"Well, our most distributed product is an anti-virus security package. There's also mobile versions, too. Let's see. We also sell a device that allows users to interact in a sort of virtual world. One in which no physical movement is required to move within, only the use of brainwaves. It's pretty neat, you should try it some time."

Yuki took a sip of his hot chocolate and frowned.

"I'm kinda disappointed to be honest. Its all so mundane. We already have stuff like that in academy city. In fact we have stuff that combine the virtual and physical worlds everywhere there. In fact there are even video games if you can even call them that still where people fight each other in giant virtual robots in the middle of the city."

Yuki reclined back in his chair extremely underwhelmed. He was expecting something a little more interesting. Valentine was far to straight forward and pointed to be covering anything up Yuki was pretty sure in that. Cover ups are usually much more 'sterile.' With to perfect a story to tell to the public.

"Drink up there are a lot more different kinds than just that."

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Downtown · Next Topic »
Add Reply

- Affiliates -
- Hosting and Directory Affiliates -
FreeDomain.co.nr
RPG-D
Shadowplay Topsites
RPG Initiative
- Forum Board Affiliates -
Senki Academy
Shinigami Generation
Avalon a Panfandom RP
Theme/Skin created by Menindrag. Find more great designs at the ZetaBoards Theme Zone.

All images and creative content on Senki Academy are properties of their respective creators. If you're a creator and object to seeing your content displayed on this site, please contact the admin. We respect your wishes as a creator and will honour all requests for content removal.