Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
If It Was, It Woulda Bit You; Mikaela Mini-Plot
Topic Started: Oct 1 2017, 07:35 AM (185 Views)
Maou
Member Avatar
POMF =3
"Are you sure we're supposed to be out here?"

"Trust me, if we weren't, we would have gotten yelled at."

"I'm not sure, though. Margaret said we have to stay-"

"Forget Margaret. She doesn't let you do anything fun."

A young looking girl by the name of Cassandra was with Mikaela in the forest, walking further and further in. It seemed like the latter was wary about venturing into the forest, not wanting to be out too late as the sun was slowly coming down. The former had convinced her to stay out late to play, calling Mikaela a worrywart for adhering to Margaret's advice.

Strong winds would blow through the forest every so often, more so now that autumn was fast approaching. Rustling leaves and whistling of the sharp air created an odd feeling, one clearly felt by Mikaela as she looked over her shoulder from time to time.

"Alright. Let's play some hide and seek. Sound good?"

"Hide and seek? But it's gonna be dark soon."

"Exactly. We'll let the sun be the timer. If you find me before the sun goes down it'll be my turn. Then you have to hide and if I find you, it'll be your turn. Get it? So whichever of us finds the other the most times wins."

"Mmm...I don't know. I just wanna go back. Can't we do this tomorrow?"

"No way, it has to be today!"

"Alright..."

Mikaela sighed, giving in and placing her head against the tree, closing her eyes afterwards. Cassandra watched as Mikaela began counting down from ten, slowly backing up and attempting to not make any sound.

"3...2...1...Here I come!"

She shouted, pulling her head away from the tree and began looking around. No matter the direction she looked, it all appeared the same. During her counting she forgot which way she came in from. Although it didn't really matter since it was an island, it was still a rather large forest. There was also the fact that it was getting dark, the light slowly becoming scarce.

Several minutes passed by with Mikaela searching around the forest, losing track of her original location and had the feeling she had been going in circles.

"Cassie, you can come out now! I give up!"

Mikaela shouted, cupping her hands around the sides of her mouth to direct her voice. She'd look around as she shouted, hoping that she was nearby but didn't hear any response from her.

She'd give it another attempt, yelling now in an attempt to reach her in case she was a bit further than she anticipated. Like before, there was no response albeit the sound of the leaves rustling and wind blowing past the trees.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Legacy
Member Avatar
I lurk because I care
Between the rhythmic rising and falling of wind, another more peculiar sound emerged. A whisper here, an unnatural shuddering of leaves there, every so often followed by a flash of pale blue light, like a flashlight flickering from a dying power source. From his treetop perch Alex watched this intruder into the woods. She was not tall like the man he knew would be coming for him and she was not armed like the men who had come before. She was... small, like him. And it was clear to him she had not come here with the intention to stay the night.

No survival gear, no means to make a camp or a fire or traps. If he had chosen to be like her, he'd have been killed already. Or worse. The emerald man would easily find her if she didn't take better care of herself.

Another flash of sapphire light, this time closer to the ground, just behind a tree not more than a meter or two from the girl. A pale hand reached around the trunk, followed by half of the boy's equally pale face and matted blue curls. A single blue eye spied her awkwardly, more shy than nervous. He caught her gaze in his own, his lips parting softly from beneath the gauze that covered his mouth.

"You shouldn't... be out here this late..." His voice was soft, like the very swishing of the tree he stood beneath, and even a gentle breeze was enough to carry away the sound. His eye suddenly averted her gaze, his fingers tightening around the trunk of his hiding place.

"It isn't safe, you know..." He wanted to help, just as that fox girl had helped him. If he could do it without getting too close and comprising himself, then all the better. Hopefully his warning would be enough on its own to shepard her away...

Corruption
Member Avatar

Fran had been in the woods, enjoying the shadows as the sun slowly set. The textures and depths of them were interesting. Instead of just solid darkness over the area, the shadows in the changing sunlight shifted, forming new patterns.
For Shadow-walkers, they couldbe very nice to travel along.

She heard a kid calling out and from what she could tell it seemed like Hide and Seek.
Calling out could be bad: if there was a preditor out there, this could draw it to her. Yet at the same time it could draw her friend.

Fran focused a bit, trying to ignore the calling, and listen to what she could. Next would be the Shadows and then flying over the trees.
Someone else was comming. If it was her friend, all was well, and she'd keep an eye on them as they left.

Hmm, turned out to be a guy covered in gauze.

Fran said from up a tree "She came with a friend, but lost her in a game of Hide and Seek. She's probably lost as well. I was trying to listen for any sign of her friend when you got here."

A bit of steel in her voice, "If you will watch over her, I'll look for her friend. If anything happens to her, I'll have a few questions for you. Agreed?"

Maou
Member Avatar
POMF =3
Time and time passed with no indication that her yelling was reaching her intended target, Mikaela beginning to believe she wasn't anywhere within earshot.

However, a new voice would catch her attention and startle her quite fiercely, Mikaela turning around to look at the person speaking to her. Turning to look she'd see a boy, who was a bit taller than herself despite her age, with bandages almost covering his entire face sans one eye.

"What? Who are you?"

Mikaela asked in response to the boy telling her that she shouldn't be out so late, watching him as he averted his gaze. In the event the boy turned out to be some sort of predator, she mentally prepared herself to defend against him.

"Why not? What's going on? Where's Cassie?"

She began spewing out question after question when he told her it wasn't safe, hoping he wasn't the cause of Cassandra not responding to her calls. Her attention was then taken once more by another individual albeit from up in a tree instead of on the ground floor.

Mikaela continued to listen as Fran spoke, informing her that she'd look for her friend. She was a bit relieved, knowing that someone was going to help her. At least now there were others, at least one other, that would help her exit the forest after being turned around.

Closing her eyes, Mikaela took a breath of relief and composing herself after getting a bit worked up. She was still wary about Alex, especially considering his appearance. Then again, Mikaela's appearance was a bit deceiving too unless one got a glance at her teeth.

As Fran went on the lookout for Mikaela's friend, she'd find no trace of any other person in the woods other than the other two sans herself. However, it did feel as though there was something fishy going on, a feeling as though someone was watching her.

Legacy
Member Avatar
I lurk because I care
"She's...lost?" His voice, a rush of wind across the grass, carried with it a certain depth of understanding, and sympathy flashed across his singularly exposed eye. In response to the charge to protect the girl, he merely nodded in response. This could be a trap, and a wave of nauseating paranoia washed over and ran a shiver up his spine. A piece of him simply wished to run, or simply kill them and be free of strangers once again, but he swallowed the sensation along with the sickness inducing anxiety. He would have to remind himself repeatedly that these were merely people.

The emerald knight was not on Kaneshima Island.

The boy disappeared suddenly in a crackle of blue witchfire, appearing an instant later a meter closer, standing now only a few feet from the lost girl, evaluating her with his big, boyish eye. "I am called Alexei, but you can... call me Alex if you want..." His words stuttered with shy hesitation, as though delivering even such basic responses was stealing his deepest secrets from him. In a way, that's precisely how he felt. They had his name now, and he was trusting them with that information, that they wouldn't hand him over now that they knew who he was. It was a constant fear of his, an ever present threat that hung over him like his halo of golden, childlike curls.

"There are... weird things in this forest," he whispered softly, his breath full of a gentle, but prodding concern, "we have to be careful... not to attract their attention..." He spoke not of things like the fox girl who had once helped him, but the snakes and dragons and spiders that lurked in its darker depths. Things he'd smartly grown accustomed to avoiding.

Corruption
Member Avatar

Feeling something odd watching, Fran took care.
Whatever was causing the feeling may or may not be involved with the missing girl. If it was, gettig it's attention may endanger the girl, or provide a lead.

After a bit with no progress, (partly due to Fran not being skilled in tracking), she slipped into a shadowy area and took another option for searching. She slipped into the shadows for this.

She would leave getting a bird's eye view for latter. It was showy, and trees might hide the girl. Also, if she was hidden from sight, chances were it included from the air. Few things try to hide others from shadows.

It might also reveal a bit of information about whatever was causing the feeling.

Maou
Member Avatar
POMF =3
Mikaela watched as the boy disappeared and reappeared with a flashy technique, causing her to shake a bit of the scared feeling off. She was impressed by what he did, though she wouldn't bring it up at this moment, perhaps at another time.

"Okay, Alex. My name is Mikaela but you can call me Mickie, Mikaela, or whatever sounds good to you."

Hearing him converse with her took the tension off a bit, feeling as though she were getting to know him despite only receiving his name. She was still hoping her friend was okay, hoping she didn't hurt herself looking for her.

"Weird things? Like what?"

She asked, looking over her shoulder and looking down a row of trees before looking back to him. Mikaela didn't think there was anything too dangerous out in the forest, considering the island was now a student central hub.

As Fran looked around, she'd find several articles of clothing that were tore quite badly. The more she looked around, the more she'd find a complete set of clothing. A lot of it was ripped to shreds, nothing worth wearing anymore. There didn't seem to be any presence of blood on the clothing, so whatever had happened wasn't causing bodily harm; at least that's what it looks like.

Shortly after, the sound of leaves rustling could be heard nearby with the tree physically shaking. It wasn't from the wind; the wind not strong enough nor did it affect other trees. By now, the sun had only a few minutes left in the sky with darkness approaching.

Finally it revealed itself, a large snake circling it's way around several trees. It was as big as an American school bus, a bit longer in length to boot. It continued to circle around, attempting to find its prey that was nearby. It knew someone was nearby but couldn't pin down their exact location, thanks to Fran hiding away in the shadows.

Legacy
Member Avatar
I lurk because I care
Alex took care in choosing his words, trying to balance his desire to keep her properly informed of the forest's dangers while not wanting her to be unnecessarily frightened. His eye searched to one side as he considered exactly what to say.

"There are... very large chickens in there." He finally mumbled. The cockatrice was probably one of the most dangerous animals tucked away in the depths of Kaneshima forest. Explained like that though it seemed a bit silly...

"Oh, are you hungry, maybe?" He asked hesitantly, his hands slipping into the folds of his ragged cloak. His fingers slipped over bits of rabbit meat and plump mushrooms he'd manage to accrue while he'd been living here. Finally, his fingers settled on a crust of bread, which he pulled out and held outwards as an offering. "It would be bad if you got too weak out here..." There was a stream nearby, he thought. If need be, he might gather some water for them as well.

It might not do to leave her alone though...

Corruption
Member Avatar

When Fran saw the clothing, itworried her, making her think something like awild animal had killed the girl.
The lack of blood changed her worry: when a girl's clothing is torn off her, and she goes missing, without the blood an animal would leave behind, it brings a whole different worry that some consider worse!

Sound could not affect her on the Shadow plane, and Darkness was no problem fora Shadow-Walker like her.

She spotted what had been watching: a giant snake!
It could not get her, but it could get the other 2, and the missing girl if she was still around.
Snakes often rest after eating, so that indicated that this one hadn't eaten anyone in the last few hours.

She could just evade it and warn the others. She did not consider herself a hero and did not want to risk herself for no good reason . . . but she had learned that sometimes preservation of self and others can mean attacking first. Also, you don't leave behind something that can get you latter, or raise an alarm either on purpose, or accidentally.

So she did what she had learned to do so well: take the target from the rear.
She used the shadows to get above and just ahead of it. As it passed below her, she would emerge from the Shadows and use her Soul Sword to try to get it just below it's skull in a hard, underarm strike stabbing down. Using the weight of her body falling to aid it, there would be a reasonable amount of force. She would have gone for the skull, but she had no idea how thick it was, and did not want to take a needless risk.
If needed, she would use her wings to help her jump back into the trees in case the snake survived, or the death throes became too dangerous.
While waiting, she wondered how much she could get for that much snake skin.
The skin itself was another worry: would the scales act as natural armour? Just in case, Shade would aim her sword to strike at an angle so it would not be deflected, but instead go between the overlap.

Was she over thinking this? Maybe. Considering she might have only one strike and might be killed even if she managed to do it, no-one would be able to blame her!
Edited by Corruption, Oct 7 2017, 07:09 PM.

Maou
Member Avatar
POMF =3
"Large chickens?"

Mikaela asked, looking to Alex with a confused look. She began imagining chickens roaming around in the forest, the look on her face giving that impression. The thought soon disappeared when Alex offered her food, taking only the rabbit meat from his hands.

"Thank you!"

She said before sniffing it, taking in the aroma of the rabbits blood in the air. Alex would then see Mikaela's sharp-toothed arsenal, opening her mouth to take in the rabbit meat. The meat was quickly turned to shreds, the bone included, with ease.

The giant snake slithered forward, flicking it's tongue in the air, passing underneath Fran who came down with her sword to the back of its neck. The sword definitely left a mark on the snake but with its supernatural size, the wound it left wasn't enough to cause any serious damage.

It hissed out in pain, shooting forward and used its tail to swipe at Fran as she leapt back after her attack. The snake quickly wrapped its tail around the base of the tree Fran had leapt into and snapped it in half, using its superhuman strength to do so.

The snake looked intensely at Fran, waiting for the next move. As it waited, the tree fell to the forest floor and shook the ground beneath. It was enough for anyone within the forest to here it fall.

Mikaela's ears perked up along with her nose twitching at the smell of blood, looking in the direction it was coming from. It was fresh blood that was now causing her to salivate slightly, a trigger having been drilled into her at a young age.

She began walking in the direction of Fran and the snake, unbeknownst of what was going on several hundred yards away. The sun had finally set with no more daylight covering the forest, the moonlight being the only source of light now.

Legacy
Member Avatar
I lurk because I care
Alex examined the rest of the food in his hand. It wouldn't do her good in the long run to only eat lean rabbit meat, but she must've really needed the protein. With teeth like that, though..

Well, they didn't seem suited to the berries and fungi he'd found himself primarily subsisting on. She was different, like him. Was it possible she...? Alex found himself keenly honing in on the viral cloud that surrounded him as it attempted to find purchase within the girl without thinking. However, his focus was suddenly interrupted by an explosion of sound from nearer to the heart of the forest. The sound of splintering wood and crashing leaves was as familiar to him as rain. A tree had fallen some distance away, the same direction as that other person had gone just before.

It wouldn't be good for him to leave her here to go check it out, maybe they should move further away...

"I think maybe we should--" before he could finish, he saw her already wandering in the direction of the thunderous sound as though bewitched. The familiarity of it made him shudder, he'd seen people transfixed like that before. His feet begged him to run in the other direction. What if he was there? What if this was another trap? An illusion? Alex felt perspiration form on his forehead as conflicting fears battled in his mind.

The Emerald Knight is not on this island, he isn't here...

He repeated this to himself like a mantra, pushing the thick ichor of death-like dread deeper into himself. It was getting to be much darker now and he... he'd promised that stranger he would protect her, so...

"H-Hey wait up!" His voice called, surprising even himself with a volume he'd forgotten he was even capable of. Alex jogged a little to catch up, but followed a few steps behind her to defend their flank. With any luck there wouldn't be too much trouble awaiting them ahead, but he knew better than to think such things. That was the thinking of dead men.

Corruption
Member Avatar

Fran frowned. So much for a quick kill. Normally going for the spinal cord at the base of the skull like that would be an almost sure thing. This was the almost.

From what she can remember from working with guys with snake fetishes . . . . Actually, thinking about things, that snake did look familiar now. Anyway, if she made any sudden move to leave, the snake would strike. If she moved to the sides, the snake would strike. If she attacked, the snake would strike.
She needed to get among the trees, which would provide some protection. She had to distract it somehow.

Smiling, she thought to herself "Why not do both with one move?"

Flapping her wings, she used them to both propel her back among the trees, and to send a barrage of cutting feathers aimed at it's eyes, mouth and tounge.

Maou
Member Avatar
POMF =3
Mikaela continued to follow the scent of fresh blood, a scent she was familiar with but hadn't had the opportunity to have a taste in quite some time since before her rehabilitation. It was like a drug user having been off of the drug for so long, attempting to rid themselves of the need for it and then suddenly having the source in front of them.

This was all thanks to doctors, the ones that made her into the shape and form she is in today. Lord only knows what she'd be like to day, if it wasn't for those doctors and their experiments.

If Alex were to get a look at Mikaela's face as she maneuvered through the forest, he'd see that she was salivating quite a bit. The look of hunger, an unnatural one at that, was the driving force behind her movements.

The snake watched as Fran began deciding her next move, flicking its tongue out and reading the air around it. Seeing Fran propel herself backwards, the snake lunged forward in an attempt to try and bite her before she got too far.

Unfortunately the feathers slashed a bit underneath its eyes, a couple feathers cutting up the inside of its mouth as well. It reeled back in pain, circling around a couple trees, pulling them down with its tail like it did with the previous one.

Alex would be able to feel the movements of the snake as it was relatively nearby, slithering around and causing trees to fall. Those of course, made the most rumble out of anything it was doing alone.

In doing so, it was masking its movements with the large vibrations it was creating. Alex would find the snake slithering its way to him and Mikaela from behind now, flicking its tongue out and reading their movements.

Legacy
Member Avatar
I lurk because I care
Alex was on high alert. None of this was natural, not even to him, for whom so many terrible things had become a way of life. The girl was acting strange, drawn by a force he couldn't see or feel. An illusion. Meanwhile, the rumbling around them continued, itself a mystery that seemed to be the center of whatever it was that was happening tonight. His nerves twitched and his brain buzzed with awareness, every rush of air through the trees and rustle in the brush making his fingers brush the hilt of his knife.

Even still, he didn't catch it initially. The constant thunder of whatever beast was stalking the woods had been all around them ever since they walked out of the clearing, so when it came upon them, he didn't notice the difference at first. Even so, his paranoia and situational awareness was bound to catch it as it closed in. And that's when he saw it. The massive serpent bobbed left to right as its belly slid along the forest floor, muscles pounding dirt and grass in a low thunder.

There wasn't time for him to get himself and his charge away neatly and it was clear his knife wasn't going to cut it here. Alex spun to face the beast, his hand reaching into his tattered clothes to grip the textured grip of his pistol. It wouldn't do to let a snake attack first, it was too fast for his reaction speed. He'd have to catch it off-guard. The boy disappeared in a flash of crackling blue light, appearing almost simultaneously on a branch just above the creature's head, gun pointed downward. With a familiar squeeze, Alex fired two rounds aimed right between the monster's eyes.

Corruption
Member Avatar

Fran swore slightly under her breath and chased after the giant snake. As she did, she connected two questions in her mind: where is the missing girl, and where did the snake come from?

The possibility that the girl was the snake entered her mind, and she tried to remember the destroyed clothing: was it busted from within, or from outside?
Either way, if the snake tried to kill people, she would have to stop it, but hoped that she did not have to kill a girl who was just a shifter and under the control of a form she did not know about.

Fran got there just after the guy shot the snake and thought to herself "At least he is not useless in a fight, and he's willing to actually protect a kid he doesn't know." That put him above a few other people she had met at Senki: too many people preffered to let others handle the dangers that came.

Getting close she called out to the girl, "Hey, is your friend a Shifter, because I think this might be her is she is!"

Maou
Member Avatar
POMF =3
As the snake slithered forward towards the other two, the bullets grazed along the top of its head as it lowered its head from immediate danger. The grazing would certainly leave a scar, considering it didn't entirely dodge it. It's target was now in sight as it approached Fran and Mikaela, preparing itself for a strike upon the latter. It bobbed and weaved as it neared closer and closer, it's eyes focusing on it's target.

Mikaela turned and looked to Fran after being called out to in the form of a question, saliva dripping from her mouth. She began thinking about the question, attempting to remember anything about Cassandra.

"What's a shifter?"

Mikaela asked after realizing she didn't know what she meant by a shifter. She had never ran into anyone with such an ability nor was she informed about an ability that'd allow someone to transform into something else.

Mikaela watched as the giant snake approached, blinking a couple times in order to confirm what she was seeing. She had seen snakes before but not of this size; she was more amazed than afraid, until she'd find out that it was coming for her.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Kaneshima Forest · Next Topic »
Add Reply

- Affiliates -
- Hosting and Directory Affiliates -
FreeDomain.co.nr
RPG-D
Shadowplay Topsites
RPG Initiative
- Forum Board Affiliates -
Senki Academy
Shinigami Generation
Avalon a Panfandom RP
Theme/Skin created by Menindrag. Find more great designs at the ZetaBoards Theme Zone.

All images and creative content on Senki Academy are properties of their respective creators. If you're a creator and object to seeing your content displayed on this site, please contact the admin. We respect your wishes as a creator and will honour all requests for content removal.