Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
A time to reminisce; Open
Topic Started: Sep 23 2017, 09:02 PM (773 Views)
GrimRPer
Member Avatar

A strange kid rested on the branches of a cherry blossom, lying on his stomach, holding a book in a hand and the other arm supporting his hand. A fall from this height would hurt, but break nothing, unless one had fragile bones, which was not his case.

Said book had an ink-black cover, blank, no title nor anything... That was the diary he had with his friend, the one he used to read to remember what his friend confronted in school, the way that together they have overcome the hardships that came his way.

He didn't feel sad, nor angry, he just felt like reading it, absorbing more of the words they shared, and relaxing in this warm day.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Super Hurricane

He was soon joined by a young lad who also found the tree to be a relaxing spot to read a book, only the book itself was 800 pages and hardcover. For in a way, Shad simply wanted to lay back and enjoy the comfortable shade of the tree, resting against the bark on the opposite side of where the strange kid was resting. And of course, he brought along a small picnic in his backpack should he feel the need for a decent snack.

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

The wolf kid's nose twitched and his head slowly turned over to where this delicious scent came from. Though he didn't feel hunger, he liked the feeling given by consuming something, and resisting said temptation was hard on him, not impossible though.

Dropping on all four after rolling off the branch, he held the book in his mouth, before standing on his feet and putting the book away. He wanted to check this guy... Apparently, Tekigo himself was much shorter than Shad, but he didn't feel intimidated.

Sniffing close to the backpack, the wolf kid felt his mouth water a bit, resisting his temptation after it surfaced a little more.

Super Hurricane

Shad didn't even look up from his book, seemingly drawn into the fiction of one of the greatest authors in history. Of course, if Tekigo made more noise other than sniffing, he would take more note of the intruder creeping over to him in his blind spot. But either way, the backpack was zipped tight, with a few snap-on latches on the top to thwart any sudden theft, though the aroma of whatever was inside of it was heavenly beyond reproach. And for whatever reason, Tekioh would find small batches of toothpicks pushed into the soil around the backpack, though they weren't exactly deadly but could cause minor cuts on exposed skin.

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

His eyes quickly moved down to the toothpicks. He didn't mind any locks and traps on the backpack, he had no plans on stealing any content, but even he knew this was a nasty trap to foil the plan of anyone blinded by greed or hunger. Picking two toothpicks off the ground, he looked at them and flicked them back into the ground.

"Eating and book? There is something I never thought about.", Tekigo squatted next to shad, looking at him, his ears perked up and eyes accidentally peeking into the book.

The wolf boy wasn't particularly interested in the book, but maybe in the edibles, but decided to let Shad say or do something instead.

Super Hurricane

"And you are?" Shad inquired, looking over towards Tekigo within the limit of his side vision, one eye on the book and the other on the strange kid leaning in on his personal space. He used one of his open hands to suddenly snatch the two toothpicks in mid-air before they fell upon the soil. "Hmm, you have good instincts to throw them away if anything."

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

"Tekigo Ookami, a Word Spirit. New kid in the school, recently arrived to Kaneshima after years of wandering across Japan. What about you?", the wolf kid swayed his tail a little, the ink from the tip not even dripping. No, it wouldn't even stain a thing. It was clear it was ink, but was it stuck to his fur?

There was no need for Tekigo to mind what came naturally to him, being a Word Spirit and all, but some would question or worry if the ink affected his life somehow, without knowing his body is made out of that.
Edited by GrimRPer, Sep 27 2017, 06:38 AM.

Super Hurricane

"A word spirit, huh?" Shad murmured, closing the book briefly to get a better look at the strange lad who interrupted his reading picnic, "Interesting, given they are said to be the ones who first created the power of 'language' to place into the core of early human civilization, in exchange for the first word humans came up with." Scratching his chin, he laid the book down on his lap. "Of course, when that happened, it caused the first angry, physical discussion since no one could understand each other and parted ways hundreds of thousands of years ago. But the word spirits became content with what they acquired and became muses of sorts to many as a result."

"As for me? I'm a half-Nephilim, Belarusian size mage-in-training from Hyakuji, god slayer of many, with a six hundred bil bounty on my head and the current wielder of Excalibur." He frowned at the last part, a bit frustrated, "Though at the moment I'm still looking for a way to reunite with him as he's currently in another dimension."

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

"I'm not that kind of Word Spirit though. Instead, I'm more like a Yokai, originally just a wandering spirit who was friends with a human and later possessed a piece of paper with a word on it.", he explained, without a hint of sorrow, mostly because it was all in the past.

Hearing Shad talk about himself, the kid couldn't help but snicker and point out "You forgot to tell your name, though. Maybe because you are afraid I'd curse you or cast a spell on your name, but I assure you, I don't have this kind of power. Nor the desire to go that far."

Super Hurricane

"Ah, that makes sense. Best be careful though, there's a group that's been hunting yokai on the island for the thrill of it being led by some idiot with lightning powers. We're currently keeping them at bay for the time being." Shad said, then frowned slightly, "Oh right, I'm Shad Hornswell. Sometimes I tend to forget saying my name in public. So what can I do for ya in any case?"

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

"They'd have no fun with me, I give you that. No fighting skill, no awesome power, just a spirit that produces ink.", Tekigo wasn't lying by his definitions of powers of his not being awesome, his definition of awesome meant that one had to possess highly destructive powers or really something that could endure a truck head-on.

Of course, he never told his definition, and didn't matter. Shad told his name, the wolf boy's attention on him. "It's alright to forget some things at some times. Just start to worry if it happens all the time.", for a good moment he found something to distract him from the "hunger" he felt...

Since it was never real hunger.

But now, curiosity: "Hm, what indeed... I was 'hungry' due to a smell from your possessions, but now the hunger passed."

Super Hurricane

"To be fair, a spirit that produces ink can basically rule the world's economy. A cartridge of it is like 10 bucks a pop from what I've heard, but if there's no limit, the price would drop like a brick in the ocean." Shad shrugged, given he could easily destabilize countries' worth of resources with his size reduction magic. "Oh, you're hungry huh? Eh, fine, feel free to rummage around my backpack, there's tons of food and books inside given I was planning to enjoy a picnic on this hill either way."

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

"My ink is... Different, interesting, non-toxic. That's at best, I can say. I kind of have a limit, like cows can't be milked infinitely and chicken won't produce eggs always, I too can't produce ink forever (I think) nor in a timely manner (I also think).", he didn't seem much confident in his own abilities, granted he was still kind of young.

"Ah, thank you!", his tail began to wag once allowed to have something to eat, and taking a peek in the backpack's content. "So, what kind of books are your favorite? I don't really have favorites for myself, I read just because.", Tekigo asked and unveiled a little more about himself.

Super Hurricane

"Huh....I thought chickens had a bottomless amount. Weird." Shad grinned, amused at the new idea that Tekigo provided for him. After all, with a bit of size magic, he could feed a small nation with omelettes lasting weeks on end. "As for books, I just enjoy spy thrillers, stuff with archeology, and the classic sci fi setting in medieval times, with people other than normal heroes being the protagonist. Heck, this book is about mercenaries who are paid to unknowingly unleash a ancient evil in order to make ends meet financially, which is a plot I can get behind in a pinch even with so many pages."

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

"Things never lasts forever.", he knew he was wrong in this, some things could last "forever" even if not exactly forever. But besides the point, he got himself a snack and a book, to join him in reading. "So you are into adventure, huh. Heh, you aren't like this person I used to know, he used to be alone all the time with only me as his companion most of the time. Since Only he could interact with me, people said he was a lonely freak. Through him I learned of art and poetry, specially Haiku.", he liked to reminisce that, after all it was thanks to his friend that he was given life...

A life, something he never recalled having until that day. A friend however is a different story, perhaps? Eh, nevermind really. Tekigo was calmly having his snack while reading the book, being careful to not taint the book in any way, showing how he values them.

Super Hurricane

"I used to be alone...though without a companion, wandering from place to place. Especially when those black creatures came without warning, sending the world into a pitch-black abyss in which no one other than me existed for like half a year or so. It was pretty creepy for the most part." Shad nodded, recalling the time in which the Heartless invaded leaving him pretty much the only survivor on a barren world, as he also went back to partially reading. "But things worked out in the end somehow, and I made friends both here and over at Hyakuji. I just hope that classes start soon, it's like there's never a teacher around nowadays."

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

"I wonder how things will go for me. This is literally my first school experience after all. In my wandering / Realization comes my way / I found peace at last.", yes, Tekigo just did a Haiku. However his focus was between the book and the conversation, he still managed to push through, not letting a moment be lost.

"One time I went to Mt Fuji all by myself, to see if I could paint a beautiful scenery from up there. It was cloudy though, so I just slept once the sun set and woke up once the sun rose to see what I could find. It was a beautiful, breathtaking view...", he sighed in content of reliving this memory in his head.
Edited by GrimRPer, Oct 2 2017, 10:16 AM.

Super Hurricane

"Huh, tried going there myself, got lost in the forest for a few days. Turns out that was a ton of specters and ghosts wandering around, but it was otherwise pleasant." Shad grinned, also rather enjoying the company of chatting his experiences with the word spirit. "Though if you're hoping for peace, this school is basically a place to get weird and crazy. But thankfully not violent given the no power rule I'm hoping exists here."

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

"There are different kinds of peace. In my case, I found a place where I'm not clutching my chest as often as I normally did, I'm not feeling scared that someone might kill me, and after a long while I found a place to call home. It is truly a place for the likes of me...", a happy sigh followed those words, Tekigo enjoying his newfound life.

Super Hurricane

"Well, you don't have to worry about anyone trying to kill you here. Just don't go into the Kaneshima Forest, there's a lot of human-hating yokai who are currently at war with the yokai hunters, led by a fierce scythe weasel. I mean, he's cool with me and a few others, but he dislikes newcomers who seems suspicious." Shad said calmly, flicking to another page as he continued reading at a even pace. (OOC: Of course, I am really starting to get worried about why Hiro isn't posting)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · School Grounds · Next Topic »
Add Reply

- Affiliates -
- Hosting and Directory Affiliates -
FreeDomain.co.nr
RPG-D
Shadowplay Topsites
RPG Initiative
- Forum Board Affiliates -
Senki Academy
Shinigami Generation
Avalon a Panfandom RP
Theme/Skin created by Menindrag. Find more great designs at the ZetaBoards Theme Zone.

All images and creative content on Senki Academy are properties of their respective creators. If you're a creator and object to seeing your content displayed on this site, please contact the admin. We respect your wishes as a creator and will honour all requests for content removal.