Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Masks, falsehoods and reality. (closed/invite only)
Topic Started: Aug 10 2017, 07:55 PM (704 Views)
LunarCataphract
Member Avatar

Following the injuries she had sustained during the volcanic eruption Melina had been undergoing after surgery care. Yes her legs were working fine now the muscles having healed and the chitin regrown thanks to her spider biology meaning her legs "shed" to grow a new carapace layer beneath. Of course if the Drider was so fine then why was she at hospital? Well that was simply because the doctors had wished to bring her in for a medical check up; after surgery care was an important part of the process of course and with somebody as special a case as Melina it was important to ensure she had recovered well.

Of course while things had started out perfectly well with Melina lying in a hospital bed things had suddenly take a turn for the worst. At first she had just reported a headache but as it grew in intensity the doctors decided that it was a migraine and they provided her with medication to try and placate the effects while looking into why she had a sudden migraine. It was only when a nurse came back to check on Melina that they had found her comatose and that was when the real panic began. First the fine staff of Kaneshima's hospital worked to stabilise her condition and hook her up to life support, heart rate monitor included, and then they got to work on trying to pull her out of it. Sadly nothing they tried worked but that would not dissuade them! They would merely keep her on life support, inform her family and hope for the best.

The hospital staff were not the only party interested in this matter. Melina's family were, of course, concerned but there was someone much more important who had taken an interest in this situation: a women dressed in a blue outfit, similar to a bellboy's garb hat excluded, marked with golden circles. She sported pure white hair tied into a long pony tail which stood in contrast to the unnaturally golden yellow eyes she had. Nobody noticed this girl as she walked through the hallways and stood silently over the comatose Drider unnoticed by anybody unless she wished to be. "Ugh...lovely. Came here to enjoy a holiday and I find another case....I'm just going to get her friends to do it." With a flick of hair she walked into a wall vanishing as she did so.

The next anybody would see, or hear of her for that matter, would be outside the dorm rooms of Melina and Akakios. She'd bend down to slid letters beneath the door then be gone as fast as she arrived returning to the hospital room. The note was written upon a blue piece of card and merely read: "You are required at the hospital. Your friend Melina is in a grave amount of danger" which should hopefully bring them to the hospital. The note was even kind enough to make mention of her room. Now back in the same hospital room as Melina the girl garbed in blue sat reading from a large leather bound book. Another case another person to "save" was how she viewed this situation but she was supposed to be on holiday! So yes she would merely get somebody else to do it for her! It might even be fun.

Akakios and Nicole would find the girl in blue sitting in a chair reading from the large book, which happened to be devoid of a title or any lettering whatsoever, when they arrived. She had an amused smile on her face eyes glued to the novel utterly unaware of the two arrivals. Judging by her expression and the fact she seemed utterly oblivious to the arrival of Akakios and Nicole the girl must have been really engrossed in her book. Still as the letter had said Melina was in the room sleeping in her comatose state; were it not for the general worry induced by her coma Melina would have looked almost peaceful. The room was silent except for the faint beeping of the heart rate monitor which was a good sign; that going silent meant the Drider was flat lining and nobody wanted that least of all the unconscious Drider herself.
Edited by LunarCataphract, Aug 12 2017, 06:21 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jonny
Member Avatar

The strangest thing was, Akakios would never read that note, at least not in the intended fashion.

He was already heading to the hospital, hand clutching a gaping wound on his forehead. The at times prideful young man let out a small, grumbling noise as he walked, trying his best to hide the shape of the scar. He was a battle hardened warrior, a Saint of Athena! The things that should be able to harm should not be trivial, incidental things like one angry cat!
"...Ow..." But gods, did that cat know how to use its claws. He'd been scratched by more than a few alley kittens that roamed the streets when he had grown up in Greece, but never had the things drawn blood! Now though...

"Hope it's not infected." The redhead muttered to himself as he slipped through the doors of the hospital, looking around for someone, anyone that might be able to help. There was that one 'nurse', she was always nice, even if her method always left Akakios thoroughly embarrassed.
"...Hm?" He stopped and turned his head, turning his attention a small huddle of staff, discussing something. Normally, he would not intrude on such conversations, given they were rather above his purview or comprehension... but in this instance it mattered, immediately so.

Because with only so many options on this island for 'spider girls', they were talking about either Melina, or one of her family.

Thus moments later he was racing through the halls, nurses struggling to catch up to him as he surveyed each and every room along the way.
"No... No... Melina!" His search finally paid off, and the young man flung open the door. The delay in doing so allowed the staff to catch up to him however, and they began the effort of trying to drag him back, given he had just intruded his way inside the hospital wards.
"Let me go! She's my friend!" He protested, but if there was area in which the boy was not so strong, it was height - without that, he could be lifted off the ground, and lose a lot of leverage!

Lawman
Member Avatar
Keep Calm and Cheeki Breeki
"Man, it's kinda quiet without Melina in here," Nicole remarked as she returned to the dorm at the end of the day's classes - normally she'd be returning to the dorms with Melina, or if the drider has been skipping classes normally she'd find her lazing on the couch. But with the drider recuperating in hospital, the dorm's silence was something that Nicole had to find herself readjusting to after having gotten used to having the drider as a roommate.

"Oho, what's this?" As the onyx-haired girl bent down to remove her shoes, she would notice the blue card on her doorstep, and out of curiosity picked it up to read its contents, and no sooner had she done so the lightning warrior would gasp in shock - part of her would like to dismiss it as a particularly mean-spirited prank; but unfortunately given the sort of situations she'd been through she was never one to take any ominous messages lightly.

"Shit," and with a curse muttered under her breath Nicole would take off from her dorms as soon as she arrived, all but taking the most direct route she could from the campus to the hospital, vaulting over hedges and vehicles, bursting through thickets of trees, scaling buildings and even sprinting along walls and rooftops like a ninja thanks to her mastery of qinggong. And Nicole made a note to herself - if this were a prank, then whoever behind it was going to get it from her; big time.

"Akakios-kun, please, calm down!" And from further down the hallway there was Nicole, the onyx-haired girl clearly looking like she'd just finished running a marathon - and despite her disheveled appearance; her bangs damp with sweat and plastered all across her forehead and temples, and her school uniform was sporting a few popped buttons and heavily creased and crumpled, her coat cape haori remained neatly draped over her shoulders, against all logic.

"It's okay, he's my friend," Nicole waved reassuringly to the hospital staff that were restraining the boy. "Even as urgent the situation is, you still need to observe the visitor booking procedures y'know," Nicole gave Akakios a tired smile as she wiped the sweat off her forehead, hoping that the sooner she could talk the hospital staff down, the sooner they could go into the ward to check on Melina.

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LunarCataphract
Member Avatar

The girl garbed in blue had been reading her book in apparent peace but then...Greek Lighting hit causing a fair amount of disturbance as the door was flung open. Akakios was so close to getting into the room to rush to his friends aid but the hospital's staff caught up to him and tried to pull him back so they could prevent him from entering the wards. After all their patients were in a, shall we say, sensitive, state the doctor's staff had no desire to let him interfere. "Please sir! Return to reception..our patients are in sensitive situations" The medical staff pleaded with Akakios as they tried to physically force him out of the wards which, given their greater numbers and difference in height, was succeeding.

That was when the situation worsened, or improved depending on your perspective, with Nicole suddenly barging into the wards. Luckily she was speaking reason and urging her Greek friend to calm down and follow the proper procedures. The girl with her book, having overheard all of this from Melina's nearby room, sighed rising to her feet. It seemed her moments of peaceful book reading had been rudely interrupted! She walked from her chair out into the hallway unnoticed, or more accurately not acknowledged, by the staff she walked past as it seemed many people hadn't bothered to avoid walking into her. She approached the staff restraining Akakios and merely touched them on the shoulders. Immediately the staff released the Greek youth and began to walk away discussing their business as if the incident with Akakios hadn't even happened.

"]Hello. I take it you're Akakios and Nicole? Oh you must be or else you wouldn't be able to see me. No talking now come with me! This is an immensely important situation!" Any attempt at asking questions, speaking or introductions would result in the girl rudely shushing them until eventually they arrived at Melina's room. "We shall not be disturbed! Now sit down sit sit sit! I am a very busy women!" Which was a total false hood. Her pure white hair seemed to darken a few shades before brightening oddly, and obviously unnaturally, going between grey and white. "So.....you got my letter I assume?" She was preparing her spiel about how she'd need Akakios and Nicole to save the day which was a total lie. She could do it herself but this was her holiday! Leave saving the day to friends.

Jonny
Member Avatar

"Let. Me. G- Oh, N-Nicole..." Akakios had been thrashing, kicking his feet in the air, but suddenly stopped upon the arrival of friendly face. Realising what he had been doing, and how it looked, he was left rather embarrassed, his face slowly approaching synchronous with his hair.
"S-Sorry..." He apologised, awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck, awaiting to be released so that he could go through all the proper procedure...
Except, that didn't quite happen.
"...Eh?" The boy let out a small, confused sound as a woman from within the room suddenly emerged, tapped the hospital staff at the shoulders, and he was released almost immediately. He looked around, bewildered, by the people that walked off as though nothing had happened at all.

"But how-?" He immediately tried to gain answers, only to heavily shushed until he gave in. Reduced to silence, Akakios stepped inside the room, hands tightening as he expected something untoward to occur. He stepped slowly, carefully, and checking every corner around him, until at last turning to address the woman that now seemingly allowed them to speak.
"I didn't get any letter." He answered frankly, crossing his arms. After a moment's pause, he considered something, "Ah, but I've been out most of the day... I came here because I had some bad luck with uh, a cat." He explained, again embarrassed as he pointed out his scratches.

"Anyway, who are you, and what is it you want with us? Why are you at Melina's side?!" He asked, somewhat loudly and more abrasive than those who knew him might be accustomed to. But then, his mind was aflutter with fear for the fate of the nearby drider, to whom his eyes frequently glanced, even as he tried to keep his focus on the stranger in blue.

Lawman
Member Avatar
"Hey, thanks for your help... whoever you are," Nicole remarked as a girl in blue walked out of Nicole's ward, and by touching the hospital staff restraining Akakios they would simply let go of the Greek boy and just went back to their duties and chatting amongst themselves as if the two students weren't there.

"Yes, I am Nicole, and this is Akakios indeed," Nicole replied to the girl in blue, and without another word would follow her to Melina's room as she stressed on the importance of the situation. "Letter, you mean this one?" the lightning warrior asked as she reached into a pocket on her blazer to pull out the letter she'd found earlier at her dorm's doorstep, which had gotten crumpled due to being repeatedly squashed inside the confines of her clothes when she was making her way to the hospital.

"Alright, so let's get down to business... who are you, and what do you want? And what is going to happen to Melina?" Nicole asked, although her voice would start to sound more apprehensive.

LunarCataphract
Member Avatar

Well that was unexpected. The Maiden in Blue had fully expected the reasoning for Akakios's presence here to be down to the letter he was sent but no it seemed he was here for his own reasons. Humans were always so very good at surprising her with their unpredictability. At least Nicole had received the letter and showed up on account of that; in all honesty so long as both of them were here the Maiden in Blue was happy. Of course now that the group of three had some privacy it was time to get down to business! To defeat the h-nope no Disney References here. The Maiden in Blue's lips had curled into a smile as she visually appraised both Nicole and Akakios.

"I am grateful you both asked the exact some questions in the exact same order...but alas such generic questions...oh well I'll indulge you adorable children~" There was a motherly smile on her face and a sense of warm embrace emanated from her voice. "Well you can call me M-Ah..the Maiden in Blue. Yes that shall suffice. As for what I want? I want your help the answer to what is also the answer to what's wrong with Melina. Now in recent years I've been observing, rectifying and cataloguing a series of cases were people drop into a coma their consciousness ripped from their body and deposits it in a mental landscape based upon the psyche of the victim in this case Melina." The Maiden in Blue would pause then and catch her breath before continuing.

"Sadly in 95% of the cases the victim in question has ended up suffering personality death. Their body still functions perfectly as does their brain but the soul, for lack of a better word, is essentially consumed by this world and leaves behind a empty husk of a body. Sadly I am often forced to dispose of said husks as leaving them behind is too dangerous. In the past I myself have attempted to save every single case but...well it never works. So I figured you, her friends, would be better candidates due to your personal connection with her." That was only half-true. Part of the reason she didn't want to assist was because this was her holiday! For once she could allow someone else to do it for her right? Yes that was perfectly acceptable! She smiled standing next to the unconscious Melina and hoped her friends would agree.

Jonny
Member Avatar

"What's the problem in a question being generic if it gets useful answers?!" Akakios protested, unaware of his narrative role in all this. Still, he did somewhat get his answers, so he listened to them carefully. If he could understand all of them, he did not show it, only blankly nodding his head every so often. It was only as the conversation shifted to what the consequences might be for Melina - that they would lose all sense of self - that he seemed to really register what was being said. His head curled in rising anger, teeth beginning to bear themselves in a deepening frown.
"I'm not sure what's worse... that this is happening to Melina, or that it's only the first time you've thought of getting someone else to do the work when you've failed! How many have you killed?!" Akakios yelled as he drove his index finger towards the Maiden in Blue.

Perhaps this would come as a surprise to some, but in a way, it shouldn't have been. He was, after all, a Saint. A warrior for Justice, and so the thought of someone as this taking lives after failing to help... it did not sit right.
And yet...
"I'll let you off for now while we try to help Melina first. How I feel after... I dunno." The boy bit his lip, this sort of complicated ethical situation hardly being his area of expertise.
"So get on with it already, whatever it is you do!" He ordered, but again quickly faltered, seeing Melina lie so still before him. "...Please..."

Lawman
Member Avatar
"That sounds terrible!" Nicole exclaimed as the lady in blue who simply chose to identify herself as the Lady In Blue explained of a phenomenon she'd been observing, about people who fell into comas whereby their consciousness ends up being stranded in some kind of mental world. And how in most cases, the victim generally ends up in some kind of catatonia.

Nicole would only glance briefly over at Akakios, then at Melina, before returning her gaze to the Lady in Blue, giving her a solemn nod. "Tell us just what needs to be done," she remarked, cutting straight to the chase.

LunarCataphract
Member Avatar

"Mmmm...well there's no real problem with it...but it is rather boring. Oh well I suppose humans are humans." There was a certain sense of mocking to her voice but also a sense of...appreciation? Perhaps while she did mock humans for their straight forward questioning she also admired that in them? It was an odd combination to be sure. And that was when the Greek boy snapped at her and bared his teeth expressing his anger. "Oh? Alright well next time this happens I'll send the ordinary humans to fight emotion eating personifications of the human psyche. " She was already slightly irritated at having to work on her holiday hence why she had barked right back. She was not going to be letting a damn human lecture her.

"You'll let me off? Funny." The arrogance inherent in that statement was amusing but for now she was merely going to return to the heart of the matter: helping the comatose Drider. "Mmm...I see why she finds you cute....come here then." The girl grabbed Akakios's hand and pulled him over to Melina gesturing for Nicole to join them as well. "Place your hand over her head. Now before you go I must warn you your actual physical bodies will be sent into this world. That means any injuries, or worse, you suffer will carry over to the real world. And of course you ARE going to be inside your friend's mind. Try to avoid damaging anything. Oh....and how you look in this world may be influenced by how Melina views you." She smiled and once both the students were ready she'd snap her fingers.

Immediately the two students would feel a massive sense of vertigo as beneath them the floor stretched and extended growing longer before snapping back up to them launching the students up into the ceiling. And then they would fall down from the ceiling and smash through the floor as it shattered into thousands of pieces revealing darkness pure and thick, The two students found themselves in a pitch black environment however the concrete floor beneath them implied they were inside a building. That was when lights flooded the room banishing away the shadows revealing what could only be described as a simply gigantic hanger. More importantly than the size of the hanger, which was far bigger than it needed to be for any modern flying vehicle, was the machine that resided inside the hanger.

It was a space ship. Easily three hundred metres in length a sleek structure of polished metal. For lack of a better word the vessel could be described as elegant but more importantly it was obviously a space ship! The smoothness of the vessel's architecture was mind impossible. Even a brief observation would make it highly clear there was not a single flaw, seam or scuff upon the entire vessel. More importantly however was the calling card emblazoned upon the vessel's hull rather close to Akakios and Nicole. It was that of an angel but more specifically one that bore a massive resemblance to...Nicole? The meaning behind such a thing would be one for another day. More importantly there was a crackle of static from nearby wall mounted speakers as an announcement began to play. "Yohooo all my little darlings~ This is your wonderful captain speaking!~ The Deliverance will soon be ready to launch! SO please haul your cute asses onto the ship~" That voice...Melina?!

Jonny
Member Avatar

Akakios was uncomfortable as the woman - someone of whom he still was not all too certain - took his hand, though he imagined this had to be part of the process in helping Melina. Swallowing his pride with an audible gulp, he stepped forward, and once freed from the stranger's grip, placed his hand upon Melina's head. Her skin was as soft as ever, he realised, and warm without being too hot. Like this, it seemed as though she were merely sleeping, rather than afflicted by something much stranger, and much more serious. At the affirmation of how they would be travelling into Melina's mind, Akakios prickled, shivering slightly. Not for fear of the damage he might wrought - though that was a concern - or the damage that might be wrought upon him in such a landscape; rather, from the unwarranted intimacy implied in it all. He would be privy to Melina's deepest thoughts, potentially her darkest secrets... and any that might be influenced by him were at once a cause for concern, and interest. He was young man and this was Melina, how could it not be?

Then, the world around them twisted and turned.

Strangely, the sensation was not an entirely unfamiliar one. As they dived into Melina's mind, his own flashes back to the days of his training. The foolish pride - the arrogance - that had led him to challenge a Gold Saint, if only to see what their power was like. His senses had flayed, and now they did so again, stretched and snapped and finally, stopped. The redheaded boy hardly paid any mind the oddities of the environment around them as he simply took measure if himself; breathing in and out, clenching and unclenching his fists.
"...so we're in?" He asked Nicole rather simply, still trying to get to a point where he might have more of a solid feeling with which to accentuate his response. As it was, he just sort of... stared about, bewildered by what he saw, and simply trying to take it all in. Where were they... and what was that thing?!

"...w-wait, is that you on the side?" Akakios blinked and blushed while pointing from Nicole to her painted, pinup counterpart, the image of her as an angel evidently cementing his senses. A good thing too, as his ears were soon to be tested, by a familiar voice.
"Melina?!" He called out, not really sure as to where the voice cane from as he turned his head to and fro. So then he focused on the words then, though confusing as they were. A launch...? Could she mean the strange thing in front of them? Was there even any way to board it?

Well, he got about looking quickly, because he wasn't about to let Melina leave them behind.

Lawman
Member Avatar
"Alright, let's do this," Nicole chorused, her voice ringing with determination as she did as instructed and placed her hand over Melina's head as the stranger in blue said they needed to. "Ugh, I think I'm gonna be sick..." Nicole groaned as the process of entering Melina's mind assailed the lightning warrior's senses, the experience leaving her more than a little nauseous, that she couldn't help but utter a profanity under her breath when it was finally over.

"I think so," Nicole added as Akakios asked if they're now inside Melina's mind - and she had to wonder just what was going on inside there, as they find themselves inside a massive, futuristic hangar housing a starship. "Yeah, there can be no doubt about it," the onyx-haired girl chuckled as she pointed to the angel that bore a strong resemblance to herself that was emblazoned on the hull of the starship in a similar vein to the nose art of WW2 bombers.

And it was when a voice came over the intercom, reverberating through the hangar was none other than... Melina? "Melina? Come on, let's get on board!" Nicole gestured to Akakios as she looked for a way to get on board the starship.

LunarCataphract
Member Avatar

With the announcement over the hanger suddenly burst to life! Muscular workmen and women poured out from the building climbing into the vast vessel driving forklifts in and carrying the final supplies. To say the hanger had suddenly exploded into a hive of industrial activity was a fairly accurate statement however there was no sign of Melina but that was soon about to become a secondary concern as from behind the two students a voice rang out. "Hooooooooooo? And who are you two?....I know you're not part of the crew...~ So who are you little mice?~" The feline grin on this women's face was not exactly...comforting especially given her mouse comment.

The voice of melted chocolate belonged to a women a rather tall one sporting a long gown and a snake tattoo that extended down her body. She brushed her dark coloured fringe out of her eyes and smirked smugly appraising the two students. "Hoooo?~ You wish to get aboard huh? My my we just can not have that. You're not members of the crew and captain doesn't take kindly to stowaways. She threw the last one into a black hole ahuhuhuhuhu~ Boy his terror was...delectable~" She laughed smugly the feline grin spread across her face. Whoever this girl was she would not be allowing Nicole or Akakios entrance to the ship on account of the fact she blocked the passageway leading to the closest entrance ramp.

"Hmmmm.....you know...there's something odd about you to.." Indeed there was indeed something odd about how Akakios and Nicole looked especially considering the lighting warrior had a more voluptuous form closer to the proportions of the calling card on the ship. As for Akakios? My his face was a lot more "soft" looking which made him seem considerably cuter. Was this perhaps those changes the lady in blue warned of? It did make sense given this mental landscape was Melina's mind but did the Drider really have to go that far?! The answer to that would be yes but for now the students had to contend themselves with this first challenge! The women in dress reached for something worn around her waist hidden beneath her gown....but what exactly was she going for?
Edited by LunarCataphract, Nov 17 2017, 11:09 PM.

Jonny
Member Avatar

At least Nicole seemed to find some fun in her rendition up on the side of the ship. Akakios wasn't sure whether or not to have expected that - the young woman was hardly shy about her figure - and so he found himself trying to focus on the matter at hand... which was rather difficult with how crazy it all got.
"What the-?!" The scene around the two suddenly shot into life, with workers emerging from seemingly every direction. Akakios jumped a bit, fists raised and with a wary head turning to try and cover every angle, until he realised that they neither seemed to give the duo much notice, or possibly even were really 'there' at all. They were more like... hard for him of all people to say, but like background noise? Just another part of the scenery?

"...Hm?!" The next figure that emerged however, very much was not one such part. Akakios' red plume of hair had an odd bounce to it as he sharply turned to face the stranger, though he did yet realise that there was something amiss with regards to his own person. Sizing up the potential opponent as best he could, he... wasn't sure what to make of her, yet at some level she seemed vaguely familiar. Why...?
"We're Melina's friends, and we have to see her!" Akakios answered rather plainly and simply, though his voice was... softer? Less like a roar were his words, and more a kind plea. The boy himself was not unaware that something seemed... strange in what had just happened, and he looked about his person. Now he realised what had happened.

"W-What is this?! What's happened to me?!" He cried out, feeling his more rounded features, the softer curls of his hair, the lack of clear muscle definition. It was as though he had become... oh, how did the Japanese put it... a Shota?! Then he noticed what had with Nicole, and whether he would normally gulp, he squeaked!
"...No! We can't get distracted by this! If Melina's on that ship, I'm going to find her!" Akakios steeled himself - as much as anyone with such soft cheeks could - as he strode forward, attempting to pass this mysterious lady that stood in his way...

Lawman
Member Avatar
Unfortunately, it seemed someone was intent on not letting the duo onto the ship, as they would find their way blocked by a woman in a long, formal gown and sporting a curious snake tattoo. "We're not stowaways!" Nicole spoke up, seconding Akakios as she raised her hands to indicate that she meant no harm as the woman seemed to be reaching for something behind her.

"I know the captain of the ship, as does my friend - I mean, how else would she even paint my likeness on the hull?" Nicole added, lifting her head and turning her gaze towards the woman that was painted on the ship's hull. "Hey Akakios-kun... you..." Nicole gasped and rubbed her eyes in astonishment at the transformation that had come over the Saint since he arrived in Melina's mental world.

True to what the lady in blue had said, how they appear inside Melina's mind would be more in line with what the drider had imagined them to be - and if she'd idealised Akakios as a shota boy... the lightning warrior gulped as she looked down, a transformation coming over her to give her an appearance that is more in line with what Melina had imagined her to be - and becoming a whole lot more bouncy in the process; and by the time her 'metamorphosis' was complete, her top was straining to hold in her upgraded assets.

"Well damn," Nicole muttered as she cupped her own 'upgraded' assets in her hands for a few seconds before turning to the woman guarding the ship's entrance ramp. "So yeah, I'd like to speak to the captain if you'd allow us to."
Edited by Lawman, Nov 19 2017, 10:13 AM.

LunarCataphract
Member Avatar

Oh this was funny. These two intruders and potential stowaways seemed immensely surprised by their current appearances although where the boy seemed distressed...the girl seemed impressed; perhaps she enjoyed the idea of having a more full figure? This was a difficult situation as both these intruders matched up perfectly what every single detail known about the captains best friends from when she was younger...but these two could not be them. The main reason these two could not be the captain's friends was simple: they were too young and more importantly alive.

"No you can not see the captain...and yes I suppose you are not stowaways." The air grew colder suddenly as both Akakios and Nicole felt a sudden chill tear through their bodies seemingly emanating from no one location. "Stowaways actually need to be on the ship first. Take them to the brig." She snapped her fingers and, suddenly, as if from nowhere numerous members of crew descended. A group of ten large muscular men dropped down from the gantries and walkways clutching futuristic weaponry in the form of pistol and sword; just how pirate like was this crew?! Some of them even had a combination of a spider and jolly roger printed on their clothing!

Whatever brawl broke out both Akakios and Nicole would find themselves at a distinct disadvantage. They would still both have their fighting skills and whatever level of physical fitness they had in the real world but, and here's the kicker, their powers would not activate in this world in fact it was like they did not exist in the first place. Nicole's lighting abilities failed her and Akakios would find his golden saint enhanced strength missing. The thugs would attempt to capture the intruders and send them to the brig, which given their size and the student's lack of special powers, would undoubtedly happen; After all the rough and ready crewmen were the ones with the guns after all.

As the two students were being lead to the brig the lady in the gown smirked. "As for you....young lady you may think it's smart to adopt the appearance of captain's former friends....but next time I strongly advise you put on some decently sized clothing. It is an audacious display you've put on." With a mocking laugh ringing in their ears Akakios and Nicole soon found themselves roughly thrown into a cell that was, sadly, not inside the large space vessel. Akakios and Nicole were not the only prisoners located in the cell consisting of three beds, metal bars and concrete walls. It was all immensely drab and highly oppressive really but that was to be expected from a brig.

The two students were not alone. There was a third prisoner sitting on the bed her legs pulled close to herself in a tight hug. She looked rather vulnerable really but her identity was disguised by the hood she wore over her head. She looked up from staring at her bed and gasped audibly at seeing the two students. "Nicole?...Akakios?! But...how?!" She jumped off from the bed and flung herself at the two of them hugging them tightly affectionately nuzzling up to their chests but more Nicole's than Akakios's as she was roughly a few centimetres shorter than the Shota. "I don't care if you're just constructs of my mind! I'm so happy to see you...when you died I was distraught..!" This girl's identity was revealed to be...Melina?! But a perfectly human Melina?! One who only seemed to be fifteen nears of age with a face as rounded as Akakios. Was this the real Melina? Or an aspect of her psyche?

Jonny
Member Avatar

So this didn't go well.

At first Akakios thought they had found success in convincing the stranger of the fact they were not stowaways - that however was only on technicality, and did not mean she in turn regarded them as friends. Quite the opposite in fact, given how the muscle men suddenly turned on them to take them in. The shotarised young man turned on his heel, raising his fists for the fight! As the first of the enemy's swords swung by, he deftly dodged to one side, using his smaller size to dive under their trunk-like arms. Similarly so, he rushed forward, rearing back his fist, calling forth his cosmos to...!
Absolutely no effect whatsoever!
"...What?" He blinked, bewildered by the effect even as he was pistol whipped in the back of the head. Akakios fell to the floor clutching his head, trying to make sense of it all.

"It's not just... failing... it's gone..." He spoke of his Cosmos, shaking as he tried to stand. When it failed to burn, he could at least feel the spark even as it withered and died. With this, there wasn't even a spark...!
"Even without my power, a Saint is not so easily beaten!" Akakios yelled as he summoned enough strength to dive between the legs of his nearest assailant. Unfortunately, while he could indeed deftly dodge, he could not do so forever, or with perfect precision. The result was one hit too many, one escape too short, and in the end, he was being dragged across the floor to gods know where...

When Akakios next stirred, it was in warm, familiar, and yet... strange embrace. A voice was calling out his name... It sounded like...
"Melina?!" Akakios' eyes flung wide open, his arms reacting immediately to embrace the figure in front of him. The... remarkably short figure.
"Wait, hold on..." Akakios pushed 'Melina' back a bit, so he could get a better view of her. Not only was she smaller, but she was younger, human too. Seeing her like this... he couldn't help but blush a bit, but he shook it off as he realised what had actually been said.

"We're not dead, or constructs! We're real, and we came to help you!" He told her, if perhaps a bit too loudly.
"We're in your mind. Some lady in blue brought us here. Well, not here as in this cell - that was some lady with a snake tattoo who thinks you're the Captain of this ship." Akakios attempted an explanation, though his frown and furrowed brow suggested he himself wasn't satisfied with that attempt.

Lawman
Member Avatar
"Oh come on, couldn't we talk things over!?" Nicole protested as the crew decided that they were stowaways and as such need to be locked away in the brig. Or at least until Akakios decided to resist. "Uh, you know what? Forget it!" the lightning warrior would channel her ki, ready to deliver lightning-charged strikes... or not.

"Seems like powers do not exist inside Melina's mind!" Nicole thought, still, lightning or not her martial arts training were still retained inside this world, ducking under a swing from the nearest crewman before knocking him aside with a shoulder barge, and then wheeling around to deliver a spinning kick across the face of another crew member approaching from behind.

"Don't think I'm going down easily!" Nicole warned as she backflipped to put some space between herself and another crew... only to get unceremoniously zapped in the back by a stun rod, and was quickly subdued as several more of the crew joined in the assault by prodding away at the martial artist with stun rods until she blacked out.

When Nicole came to, she would find herself inside a cell with Akakios... and a human-looking Melina. "Died? Wait, Melina... can you please explain to us what's going on?" Nicole asked, patting the back of Melina's head as she buried her face in the martial artist's 'upgraded' chest.

"Like, we heard your voice on the ship's speakers... only to find out now you're a prisoner here too just like us... just what is going on?" Nicole wondered, trying to make sense of the whole situation.

LunarCataphract
Member Avatar

Of course these two would be confused. That was to be expected. There was two, highly different, versions of Melina and the "Loli Melina" here was babbling how her friends had died...somehow."Huuuuuh? But you are dead....I buried the both of you! But you're back now so that's okay!" Just as Loli Melina thought she was wrapping her head around this situation the Greek the a monkey wrench into things. "My....mind? How hard did you two hit your heads?...." The loli tilted her head sideways in confusion bewildered by this revelation.

"Hehehehe....you're silly Akakios-kun!~ But now that you're boty here you can help me get out of here and talk some sense into the other me! She's got this really silly idea in her head!" The cutesy tone of voice combined with her dedication, and the soft purr she gave when Nicole pat her head, all worked together to hammer home the fact this version of Melina was immensely different than the "complete" one. "I don't really know what's going on big sis...all I know is the other me was really upset when you two died and decided she would leave Earth and go on this silly journey to try and bring you both back! That's all I know as I don't remember anything else....well other than waking up in this cell!" There was one final question that needed answering: what of the women with the tattoo?

"As for that lady with the tattoo....I don't really know much about her! I know I can always trust her though! I'm sure she just wants to keep my safe...but I think she's been enraptured by the other me!" From what the child version of Melina had said it seemed the other Melina, the adult one, had suffered some sort of emotional trauma following the death of people she cared for very much. In the wake of that the snake women had arrived and was merely fully supporting Melina in her efforts however misguided the child of Melina thought they were. The question now was....how do they get out of this cell? It was locked and the bars seemed immensely sturdy; plus nobody in the cell had any powers.....that they knew of.

Jonny
Member Avatar

Akakios blinked as Nicole brought up the fact that this wasn't even the first time that they had heard Melina's voice, declaring that the ship was about to launch. But if that had been Melina as the Captain, why would she be here as a prisoner aboard her own ship? Mutinies didn't happen that fast, did they?
"Dead...?" And there was that little bit of confusion for the pair to puzzle over, combined with the smaller Melina's apparent bewilderment at the suggestion that they were in fact inside her mind. He supposed it might be a bit of an odd thing to consider from her perspective - rarely did he recognise himself to be in a dream until he woke up. Perhaps the same would be true of Melina... in which case, this got a lot more difficult.

"So this other Melina... wants to bring us back to life. You recognise us, but that snake lady looked at us as fake. So... would the Captain recognise us, or side with the snake lady?" Akakios wondered aloud, in part because he hoped one of the other two might be able to provide an answer. Also in part because it didn't really seem likely that they would find their way out of this any time soon...
Unless...
Slowly Akakios rose to his feet, a somewhat straightforward plan having popped into his head. Removing one shoe, he began to rake it across the bars of their cell, raising his voice.
"HEEEEEEEEY! GUARDS!" He called out, hoping for an answer.

"Your Captain wants out of her cell! You better come and see her!" He yelled, figuring that perhaps the guards wouldn't be able to tell the difference...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Kaneshima Port · Next Topic »
Add Reply

- Affiliates -
- Hosting and Directory Affiliates -
FreeDomain.co.nr
RPG-D
Shadowplay Topsites
RPG Initiative
- Forum Board Affiliates -
Senki Academy
Shinigami Generation
Avalon a Panfandom RP
Theme/Skin created by Menindrag. Find more great designs at the ZetaBoards Theme Zone.

All images and creative content on Senki Academy are properties of their respective creators. If you're a creator and object to seeing your content displayed on this site, please contact the admin. We respect your wishes as a creator and will honour all requests for content removal.