Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Fishing for treasure; Open
Topic Started: Jul 17 2017, 01:59 PM (967 Views)
Chizu
Member Avatar
Knight Radiant
Miyazaki Farmer's Market

The farmer's market beneath the arch of the Great Miyazaki Bridge sold mostly fresh fish, but the handful of traders that wandered into town for the market occasionally brought in something a little more interesting. On that day, the smell of fish hung heavily in the air, and Rei wandered aimlessly from stall to stall, one hand resting over the messenger bag hanging from his shoulder, Carbuncle running along the ground at his heels. He wasn't particularly searching for fish, although at these prices, he probably wouldn't say no. His eyes were on something else, on the assorted miscellany laid out on tables in between the fish stalls.

He paused in front of one stall, examining a section of a stone tablet with some kind of writing on one side. It was blank on the other. He turned the tablet over in his hand, running his fingers carefully along a crack in the side, wondering at its authenticity and origin. Rei examined the writing carefully, thinking, trying to draw a parallel between it and the strange writing on the inside of his grimoire.

"You looking for anything in particular?" the shop's proprietress, a native Kaneshiman by the name of Masami, asked.

Rei smiled, shaking his head. "No," he said. "Just browsing."

"Let me know if you need anything," said Masami.

"I will," he said.

Rei turned his attention back to the tablet. While he called what he did 'translating', the truth was that understanding the grimoire wasn't as simple as translating the language that it was written in. The grimoire's writing didn't seem fixed so much as it was fluid. The more he studied it, the more information it revealed to him. Understanding the pages that had taught him to summon Carbuncle and Sylph didn't necessarily help him understand the remainder of the pages. A lot of the time, he felt like he was groping in the dark. But looking at other languages did occasionally help. After all, it had been translating a symbol that meant 'wind' that had allowed him to summon Sylph in the first place.

He ran his thumb over the engravings on the surface of the tablet, thinking.

Perhaps it would help him again...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bonniecanuck
Member Avatar
Bonnie Bushi
The tedium of the market on his off hours outside of school didn't really appeal to Tarouta. So it was that he often found himself meandering, poking his head around to see if anything interesting was popping up. He had thought about joining a club - possibly kendo - but he had little faith in doing it knowing that his work schedule was very regimented and would often eat into practice time. With schoolwork piling enough as it was, he couldn't afford that.

Still, he didn't question his purpose here. For what it was worth, everything that he had worked for here had been extremely fulfilling, and the master had been more than visibly impressed at the good work he was doing, especially at his age and level of experience. With a place like this out of the way from the rest of Japan like his family's restaurant at the resort town of Karuizawa was though, he sometimes wondered whether this place could use more or less excitement. He had heard things about the eruption that happened not long before he had arrived, and by the sounds of things it hadn't been pretty, but that had effectively been the only story to tell around these parts.

Still, some days didn't fail to surprise him...

He spotted the stall that sold all sorts of assorted mystical and occult-ish trinkets. He tended to stay away from there since he didn't exactly find interest in them, but today his interest seemed to get the better of him as he soon found himself facing it with a certain curiosity about something. Maybe it was his fellow classmate examining some sort of tablet rather closely? This was going to be quite unusual.

He checked to see if things were clear. Since the incident at the sushi bar he worked at with a couple other students a while back, he tended to be quite alert to see if A Bad Thing would rear its ugly face around the corner.

TheBigBeast
Member Avatar

Tommy: Two pounds tuna, two pounds mackerel! Please and thank you!

Tommy yelled this to his favorite fish vendor as he made his way through the crowds of people placing orders. For Tommy, everything was a regimen or routine. Coming to this fish market once a week was a part of that routine for three reasons:

1. Fish have an extremely high protein-to-fat ratio.
2. To get there from his apartment provided an extended distance running route.
3. Fish markets are far less conspicuous that a super market.

Tommy walked sideways whilst shuffling his feet to squeeze between two patrons. With the great sales going on today, he might as well get the rest of his groceries before mailing his weekly letter to America. As he swam through more shoppers, he caught something out of the corner of his eye. A strange fluffy blue creature scuttled across the ground.

Tommy: What the?...

He leaned his head down to take a closer look while continuing to walk closer. "You're a cool little guy..." he thought. He had the urge to reach down and pet it when suddenly his head bumped into something.

Tommy: Whups!

At that moment, time seemed to slow down as he realized what he had hit. Tommy's head had bumped the elbow of a guy in a white and blue hoodie. In the milliseconds after the initial bump, Tommy realized he had been holding something in his hands. Instinctively, Tommy dashed with immense speed extending his hand to where the guy and his object might be.
Edited by TheBigBeast, Jul 18 2017, 06:32 AM.

Chizu
Member Avatar
Knight Radiant
OOC

I'm assuming Tommy caught the tablet. If I read that wrong, please let me know! :)
Absorbed in studying the tablet as he was, Rei didn't notice Tarouta. But Carbuncle did. The little summon took its role as Rei's guardian, protector, and companion very seriously and so, noticing that Tarouta was staring intently at Rei, Carbuncle turned to look at him as well. It was sitting back on its hind legs, its head cocked towards Tarouta in a questioning expression, but otherwise, it wasn't on the alert. Tarouta didn't display any malicious intent, after all, and as long as he only watched, Carbuncle would only watch back. It was this movement, stepping slightly away from Rei's side to get a better view of the boy, that put him right in the path of Tommy Mizushima.

Carbuncle turned towards Tommy as the boxer addressed it, cocking its head in the other direction. And that was when Tommy's head knocked into Rei's elbow.

Rei's eyes widened as he felt the sudden jolt, the tablet slipping from his fingers. He made a grab for it as it started to fall, his fingers closing around empty air. Thankfully, Tommy moved fast, catching the tablet before it could hit the ground. Rei let out a small sigh of relief. Judging from the way Masami's eyes had narrowed at his bout of clumsiness, he had a feeling that the alternative wouldn't be good.

"Good catch..." Rei said, turning towards the newcomer. He offered him a grateful, somewhat sheepish smile, rubbing at his sore elbow.

Masami looked between the two of them, unamused, and sternly held out her hand for the tablet.

TheBigBeast
Member Avatar

Tommy: Pheeeww... Gees! My bad pal.

Tommy rubbed the top of his head with wincing eyes. This was his attempt at a nonchalant apology. Tommy had caught the object without thinking. His training and ability made him very quick, but unfortunately showing this made him stand out. This was also becoming a routine for Tommy, who despite his best efforts, always found himself in some awkward social situation. It was all for the best of course. A scene would have surely taken place, had he let the... "Thing" fall. "What is this thing anyway?... I'm seeing all kinds of weird stuff today... " he thought to himself, still holding the tablet.

Tommy: Hmm...

Tommy haphazardly flipped it from one hand to the other and back again, oblivious of it's value or who owned it. Tommy may have speed and fighting instincts but God help him... he was a simple boneheaded boxer if there ever was one. He then stopped flipping it in an instant and regarded it with a serious, severe demeanor. Moving his face closer to it, he furrowed his brow intently. Tommy then realized he was still holding the "thing" that belonged to hoodie guy.

Tommy: Whup! Sorry. Cool Rock kid.

Tommy tossed the Tablet to Rei carelessly. This was not out of rudeness, though it might have come off that way to some. Tommy just had no understanding of magic, artifacts, tomes, or the like. To him, it was a stone "thing" of some kind.

Tommy: Sorry again for bumping ya. You good?

bonniecanuck
Member Avatar
Bonnie Bushi
Tarouta soon found his gaze fall on the creature with its eye on him. It looked quite unreal, and it seemed quite transfixed on him. He got a bit closer to examine it, but the attentions it drew soon fell on its owner, who turned to look. But with that, he had hit another much larger guy and tumbled, the tablet falling into the newcomer's hand.

With all that done, Tarouta found no reason not to look away. The least he could do was step forward and ask if everything was alright. Someone had his eye anyway, and if he tried to shift away it might be interpreted the wrong way. Plus, he was more than sure that the smaller of the two was definitely a classmate, so it might be worth saying a hello and a short conversation. He did have a lot of time until his next shift anyway.

He moved over with a rather quick stride. "Hey there, are you alright? I hope that didn't hurt too badly..."

Chizu
Member Avatar
Knight Radiant
"Oh, I'm alright," Rei said to Tarouta, who had just approached them. The boy looked familiar to him somehow. Not like a classmate, he would have known if Tarouta was in his class, but like someone he saw around at school. He rubbed at his elbow, which was tingling. "I just hit it in a weird way. I'm sure it will be fine in a bit..."

Rei trailed off, his eyes widening as Tommy straightened up, tossing the tablet from hand. He didn't say anything, but his eyes kept flicking from Tommy to Masami, who was looking more and more annoyed by the second. In fact, it was fairly impressive. Every time he looked back at her, it looked like a new vein was twitching in the shopkeeper's forehead.

Apparently, him tossing the rock to Rei was the last straw. Before Rei could even think to catch it, Masami's hand shot out, lightning-quick, and snatched the tablet out of the air. She didn't speak. She just glared at him and at Tommy and pointed off into the distance. The meaning was clear. Get lost.

Rei turned towards her, opening his mouth as if he was about to plead his case, but something in her expression stopped him. He sighed, nodding.

"Should we...continue this conversation over there?" he asked, inclining his head towards an empty spot a safe distance away from Masami's stall as he scooped Carbuncle up off the ground. He held the summon with both arms around Carbuncle's middle, its forelegs danging over Rei's arms as it watched Tarouta and Tommy curiously.

TheBigBeast
Member Avatar

As Tommy began to ask his question, the tablet was snatched out of the air with impressive quickness and dexterity. The sudden extended arm, seemingly from nowhere, startled Tommy briefly. He zoned out for a minute, shook his head, then turned to the guy asking a question.

Tommy: Go over where?... Oh! yea. Sorry. My head must still be messed up from last night's...

Tommy caught himself in the nick of time and looked towards the two nervously. He had worn a hat pulled low on his head to cover the view of his bruises and eyebrow bandage, but this might not matter if he didn't save himself here.

Tommy: fall ...down the stairs. Yea! Stupid wet stairs in my apartment building. Still recovering I guess.

He winced and made a boo boo like "in pain" face as he rubbed the side of his head. He thought about making yet another awkward exit like usual, but he was still waiting on his groceries. He thought it might be less conspicuous to engage a little, especially with what just took place. Besides, he might have another piece of business to attend to.

Tommy: We'll meet... Just over there you said? Ok. Let me grab my stuff.

Tommy made his way back through the crowd to the fish stand. He quickly grabbed his paper wrapped protein, stuffing it into his runner's shoulder pack. Instead of coming back right away, he slid back to the stand with Masami and the tablets.

The crowd was noisy and in the way, making it difficult to know the nature of the conversation. Tommy also leaned in, whispering, which didn't help. But if anyone was watching, they'd notice Tommy's apologetic and playful grin as he rubbed his hand on his head. They might also notice Masami's angry dismissive demeanor change into reserved happiness and excitement. Tommy and Masami now seemed to be laughing as he stuffed something else into his pack. He then made his way to the empty space to meet with his two new acquaintances.

bonniecanuck
Member Avatar
Bonnie Bushi
One look at Masami's face and Tarouta knew that it was definitely time to scram. He didn't miss a beat to head over to where the first guy was indicating towards, and headed there as soon as he could.

His look found itself transfixed on the little creature cradled in the young man's arms. It still seemed to eye him with a certain curiosity. Was it the fact that he still had the traces of fish scent lingering on his hands? Or that the creature was very protective of its owner? Whatever it was, he couldn't help but be curious about it in turn.

"She doesn't normally seem this irate," he said to the pair. "But then again, I haven't really been around the stall much since I'm not really into what's in stock there, so who am I to judge?"

Chizu
Member Avatar
Knight Radiant
Rei watched Tommy with some concern as he mentioned feeling out of it from a fall down the stairs, automatically scanning him for injuries. He didn't see anything, but then again, he was also wearing a hat--Rei supposed he could be hiding any sort of head injury over there. He nodded as Tommy asked him to go on ahead. "Of course," he said. "Take your time."

He followed Tarouta over to the designated location, offering him a small smile at his comment about Masami. He looked back over his shoulder at the shopkeeper, who had gone back to her usual demeanor. "It must have been a rare find..." he said, the words tinged with a hint of regret. If she was that protective over it, he wasn't sure he would have been able to afford it on his allowance, but it would have been nice to look at it closer.

Well, there was no point in worrying about missed opportunities now. Rei put the thought out of his mind, looking up at Tarouta. Now that he was looking at the boy up close, he did look more familiar. "I think I know you from somewhere," he said. "Do you go to Senki? I'm Rei Yasukage, from class 2-B." Noticing Tarouta staring at Carbuncle, Rei glanced down at the summon. "This is Carbuncle. My familiar."

He saw Tommy approaching out of the corner of his eye and turned to face him. He smiled to show that there were no hard feelings, stepping aside to give Tommy space to join them.

"You mentioned a head injury," he said. "Are you alright? I can help you with that if you need it."

Carbuncle did, after all, have healing abilities. And given that Tommy was walking and talking, Rei didn't think it would take too long to heal. As Rei spoke, Carbuncle turned its head to watch him curiously, ears pricked up and tails swishing as if it was waiting to see if its services would be required.

TheBigBeast
Member Avatar

Tommy approached, overhearing the end of their conversation.

Tommy: Oh you're both students huh? Cool bros! I should have guest. There are so many of you dudes in the city. And as for Masami well um, don't worry. I smoothed things over I think. I'm sure she's a softy at heart... right guys?

Tommy put on his best cheesy grin and winked as he finished. His words came out with a disingenuous, awkward tone. His attempts at regular talk were rough at best, and this time was a failure. He didn't like chit chat, but occasionally was forced to put on the "nice normal guy" mask. This was one of these times. Even enemies made him less uncomfortable. At least with enemies, he could get to know their spirit through exchanging fists. This however is... "Lame." He snapped back to the conversation as Rei asked him about his injuries.

Tommy: What about my head?... Oh yea the accident.
I'm fine really. No need to go looking at the bruises or anything. I'll be A-OK in no time.

Tommy raised a thumb as a tired, yet reassuring grin rose on his face. While doing this, he simultaneously pulled his hat down a bit to cover up anything suspicious. Every time someone found out he was Tommy Mizushima the boxer, he risked being found out by the people he was hiding from. Nevertheless, he had already gotten this far. He would stick this out and try and leave in a normal, unobtrusive way. Besides... these guys didn't seem too talkative, and most likely wouldn't be connected to the troubles he worried about. He turned to Rei first.

Tommy: I'm Tommy by the way. I heard you say your name was Rei right? And you?

Tommy turned to the dark haired guy in the white work uniform.

{OOC: Feel free to push about Tommy's injuries or take his hat off if you want. It will make for good story writing either way ;) }
Edited by TheBigBeast, Jul 20 2017, 09:19 PM.

bonniecanuck
Member Avatar
Bonnie Bushi
"Well, that's understandable I suppose. You don't normally want expensive things being handled poorly." Having been subject to many a chewing out on occasion for poor handling of certain ingredients around these parts as an apprentice, Tarouta understood the shop owner's frustration, even if she was a bit irate about it.

He noted the young man's observation, and soon realisation dawned on his face. "Oh, yes. I guess that's not quite clear from here." It might not have been particularly apparent from a distance, but Tarouta's youth wouldn't have been to hard to give one the impression that he was a student if it weren't for the robe he wore to indicate his employer. Despite the fact that he was off duty, he still wore it since he liked to remain flexible with his time and wasn't into changing that much. Plus, it was comfortable enough. "My name is Tarouta Shimizu. I'm in class 2-C at Senki, so I knew I thought I saw you from somewhere. Pleased to meet you Rei." He glanced at the familiar. "And you too, Carbuncle."

Pleasantries exchanged, Tarouta watched as the older man approached them.
He kept his silence as the other two exchanged their concerns and greetings,
and when Tommy turned to address him he perked up to respond.
"Hello Tommy. My name is Tarouta. Nice to meet you too." He looked at Tommy and Rei both. "I don't suppose you're not regulars at the market?" Tarouta didn't have the best memory, but he knew the regulars by the bridge like he knew his friends at school. He was sure that he hadn't seen the two here, but maybe he was wrong. Sometimes he was.
Edited by bonniecanuck, Jul 21 2017, 01:21 AM.

Chizu
Member Avatar
Knight Radiant
"It's nice to meet you too, Tarouta," said Rei. "Do you work at the market?"

He'd noticed the robe that Tarouta was wearing, and the way he talked about Masami implied some sort of familiarity with the place. Rei knew that some of his schoolmates had part time jobs outside of Senki. He'd been thinking about finding the same for himself, except he didn't really know where he would work. And working would cut down on the time he could spend translating and studying.

He turned towards Tommy as he answered, frowning in concern. Carbuncle twitched in his grasp, shimmying slightly as if it was trying to edge closer towards Tommy. That in itself told Rei that the older man wasn't being entirely truthful about his injuries. He wasn't the type to press if people wanted to be left alone, but if Tommy really was injured, it made sense to offer at least one more time.

"Are you sure?" he asked. "Carbuncle has healing abilities. It wouldn't take very long, and if you are injured, we'd be more than happy to help you with that." As if to corroborate Rei's statement, Carbuncle nodded its head, letting out a soft mewling sound.

Rei turned back to Tarouta as he asked about the market, shaking his head. "I don't come here that often," he said. "But sometimes it's fun to come here and watch people, and sometimes there are interesting things for sale." He gave Tarouta a slightly sheepish smile. "The truth is, I can't cook very well, so all of this fresh fish would be wasted on me."

TheBigBeast
Member Avatar

{OOC: Sorry for taking a while to reply... Busy week}

Tommy thought how to delicately answer to Tarouta's question without giving too much away.

Tommy: I guess you could find me here from time to time. Fish is a great source of protein, and you never know what else you'll find.

After Tommy had finished, he turned to Rei. Tommy was now put in a tough spot. If he refused help for his injuries it would look suspicious. If he agreed, they may find out that his injuries seem more like fist marks than stair marks. What was he to do? It was his fault for going out to the market on such a crowded day.

Tommy: Well... if you insist...

Tommy had made his choice. What was there to be afraid of anyway? That the police, yakuza, bookies, or any other angry vengeful types might find out who and where he was? He slowly and gently took his hat off, taking care not to cause himself more pain.

Tommy:I just have one question... Who or what is "Carvebuckle?"

Tommy then noticed the animal Rei was holding as it made a cute sound. He had been so caught up in his situation, he barely noticed it was there. He peered and began to ponder. Isn't that?...

Tommy: Hey!... You're that same little guy I was following earlier... Aren't you a cute looking little dude? Can I pet him?

As he said this, his injuries were now in clear view. Tommy's left eyebrow was sticking out so far, you would think he was hiding a golf ball under his skin. His right cheek had a big red swollen spot leading up to a black eye squinting above it, both which protruded quite a bit from his face. The bridge of his nose had a blood line across the top, indicating a fracture. He looked more like a monster than a man...

bonniecanuck
Member Avatar
Bonnie Bushi
Letting Tommy show his wounds, Tarouta spoke to Rei first. "I work as an apprentice at the sushi-ya over there," he said pointing. "Not the easiest job in the world, but I get a lot of enjoyment out of it. Working with the freshest catches straight from the markets is a great experience, and it does wonders as a sensory experience beyond taste and good health, as I'm sure Tommy can tell, right?..."

His voice trailed as his eyes lay on the larger man. And then he saw it.

Though Tarouta had dealt with his share of bad injuries in the past, what Tommy was showing was on a level he hadn't seen before. Just how did that happen!?

Still, some questions were better left unasked. It seemed that Tommy had been a bit sensitive about Rei's offer in the first place, and he could tell that he didn't want to talk about it. In that case, he couldn't help but be a bit curious about what Tommy might be hiding, but he didn't deign start pursuing answers lest he start pushing the bigger man's buttons. Still, it seemed that Carbuncle had sedated the pressure - if that was the right way to describe it - for him to start giving anything away. He just hoped that the familiar wouldn't start trying to snap back and that Rei could keep it in check.

Chizu
Member Avatar
Knight Radiant
"I see," Rei said, looking in the direction Tarouta was pointing. He'd seen the sushi place a few times during his previous visits, but he had never had the occasion to stop before. He was sure that with the farmer's market so close by, all of the ingredients would be fresh. "The sushi there must be good. I'll have to try it sometime."

He turned towards Tommy as the boxer took off his hat, his eyes widening slightly at the extent of the man's injuries. It was amazing that he hadn't noticed them before, but now that he was looking, it was clear that those weren't injuries sustained from falling down the stairs. Rei was no expert in that sort of thing, but he felt that it was a fair assumption to make.

Carbuncle wiggled in his arms, struggling to be set free. Rei blinked, noticing that he was staring, and released his hold on the little creature, letting him go. It landed on all fours on the ground, running up to Tommy with its tails wiggling in the air, its expression concerned. Before Rei could even tell it to begin, the jewel set into its forehead began to glow with a bright light, the light filling the air and settling over Tommy. At once, Tommy would feel relief from his injuries, with the pain starting to recede as his body repaired itself. It would take some time for the injuries to heal completely, however.

Rei turned back towards him, realizing that Tommy had spoken when he was staring. "That is Carbuncle," he said, indicating the small creature. "He's my summoned familiar. I'm sure he would allow you to pet him. He's very friendly."

To an outsider, it might have seemed as though Rei was brushing off the extent of Tommy's injuries, but that was because Rei didn't tend towards strong reactions. The truth was, he was actually very surprised. He thought about asking Tommy what had happened to him, but decided that given how secretive the man had been about his injuries in the first place, Tommy probably didn't want him to know.

OOC

Healing Progress - 1/2 posts

TheBigBeast
Member Avatar

Tommy turned first to address Tarouta.

Tommy: What?! You work there? I love all their dishes. Super healthy and- Whoa... What the...?

Tommy stepped back, a little surprised as the creature walked up to him. As the jewel on the creatures head began to glow, Tommy felt the light effecting him. His bruises began to feel soothing releases from pain. Tommy reached up to feel his swollen eyebrow.

Tommy: Amazing... This power from something so small...

Tommy watched in awe as the creature continued. He crouched down and extended his hand. He stroked Carbuncle slowly across the back and then began to scratch his ear. A sweet smile appeared on his face. He hadn't pet an animal since before he came to Kaneshima. It reminded him of his puppy he had as a young child. His words came out unconsciously and halfway under his breath.

Tommy: Sure could use a guy like you in my corner buddy...
Edited by TheBigBeast, Jul 24 2017, 06:56 PM.

bonniecanuck
Member Avatar
Bonnie Bushi
Hmm...

Tarouta thought for a bit as Carbuncle got to healing Tommy. Now that he thought about it a bit more, he did start to think that he had seen him there before. Quite a bit actually. The thing was, he rarely if ever sat at the counter like most of the other people did, instead sitting at the extra tables instead even when there was room to spare. That made his face difficult to recognise, and the fact that he wasn't that chatty didn't seem to help matters. It was almost as if he didn't want to be seen at all.

He couldn't blame him. Some people just didn't want to talk or socialise even if it meant they didn't get the full experience, and Tommy seemed like the type of guy who really didn't get out into the world, like he had something to hide. What it was he couldn't quite gauge, but he knew that he'd remember him from now on. Depending on how things went he might offer him a meal on the house.

Tarouta watched as the familiar soothed Tommy and he cooed back at it. It was quite amazing to see how these small things went a long way to breaking the ice and really tapping into somebody's heart. He saw in Tommy a radiance and comfort that he could never have gleamed anywhere else.

Chizu
Member Avatar
Knight Radiant
Rei smiled, watching Tommy and Carbuncle interact. As Tommy started to pet it, Carbuncle would lean into the touch, ears twitching as Tommy started to scratch him. The entire time, the gem on top of its head continued to glow, continuing to reduce Tommy's injuries. It was always amazing to see Carbuncle's healing ability at work, and to see the way the familiar put people at ease. He understood, watching that sort of thing, why creatures like Carbuncle were considered to be guardian spirits.

"He is special, isn't he?" he asked. "I've had Carbuncle for a while. He's helped me with a lot."

Carbuncle looked back at Rei at the praise, ears perking up. As the last of Tommy's injuries faded away, leaving the injury sites like new, Carbuncle's light faded as well. The light that shimmered around Tommy retreated into the gem, the gem losing some of its radiance as the healing finished. Rei crouched down to pet Carbuncle on the head as well, scratching at the back of the familiar's head.

He turned towards Tommy. "If you need help again, I can give you my contact information. I don't mind, and I'm sure Carbuncle wouldn't mind helping you as well." He hadn't missed what Tommy had said about needing someone like Carbuncle in his corner. From the sound of it, he was no stranger to these sorts of injuries. At the moment, though, he should be feeling much better.

Rei was glad. One of the nice things about having a familiar with healing powers was being able to do this. Invariably, healing someone always improved their day.

He straightened up, then blinked as a wave of dizziness washed over him. His vision cleared a second later, but he still felt more lightheaded than before. Rei frowned in confusion, realizing that he was suddenly starving. Ah, of course. He hadn't had much to eat that morning, and he'd been working on the grimoire for most of the night. While Carbuncle was the one doing the healing, the energy required to accomplish such a feat had had to come from him. Like most activity, magic was difficult to perform on a poor night's sleep and an empty stomach.

Carbuncle turned to look at him, head tilted in concern. Rei shook his head, offering the familiar a reassuring smile. "I'm fine," he said. "But..." He looked over at Tarouta. "...sushi does sound good right about now."

OOC

Healing Progress - 2/2 posts (complete)

TheBigBeast
Member Avatar

Tommy rose to his feet, having finished petting the cute animal. As he did, he rubbed his head and face, feeling the effects of the magic. He turned, putting his hat on and sighed deeply.

Tommy: Ahhh... That's an awesome gift that little guy has Rei.

Tommy suddenly realized food was on the table. He was getting a little hungry, but knew he had already risked too much with this social gathering. If they didn't know who he was by now, they would soon enough.

Tommy: Sushi does sound good, but I should get going. I have my own fish to take home. It will go bad if I don't. But it was nice meeting you both.

He said this in his casual artificial tone, yet to Tommy, it came out as genuine. It seemed as though he was feeling more at ease around these two, and his outward personality was lining up with his inner one. He turned to leave, but stopped before taking a step.

Tommy: Oh wait. I forgot.... Here.

He reached into his shoulder pack and pulled out a stone object. He checked it for one second more, then handed it to Rei. Rei would immediately recognize this as the tablet from the earlier fiasco that took place at the market table.

Edited by TheBigBeast, Jul 26 2017, 07:13 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Great Miyazaki Bridge · Next Topic »
Add Reply

- Affiliates -
- Hosting and Directory Affiliates -
FreeDomain.co.nr
RPG-D
Shadowplay Topsites
RPG Initiative
- Forum Board Affiliates -
Senki Academy
Shinigami Generation
Avalon a Panfandom RP
Theme/Skin created by Menindrag. Find more great designs at the ZetaBoards Theme Zone.

All images and creative content on Senki Academy are properties of their respective creators. If you're a creator and object to seeing your content displayed on this site, please contact the admin. We respect your wishes as a creator and will honour all requests for content removal.