Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
[OtO] Inciting Insight; <Ch.0> <Closed>
Topic Started: May 19 2017, 03:12 PM (290 Views)
KAHO
Member Avatar
What's in a name anyways?
"Scene shift ends here-"

Suddenly a cat leaped, clambering onto the robed figure's lap, effectively halting his sentence. Just one of the furry monsters which stalked this pastel wonderland.

Posted Image
Sweet colors and vibrant pastries drowned their surroundings. Not to mention the abundance of cats littering the establishment; the floor was a constant flurry of tails, paws and scrambling. Of course, there was the customary nya's and nyan's articulated from both felines and sapiens.

Though an odd sight for those who may have never seen a cat cafe before, what would have been more off putting was the verdant robed shadow fluttering at one of the tables. An earthen fragrance clung to their form. Face shrouded by both hood and mask, their garbs constantly warred with the atmosphere of the cafe, even if their words did not.

Posted Image
"On that note, I'll be having drinks then," Leonard spoke merrily, his mask doing little to filter the merriment from his tune. The server at his table kept her own unease buried beneath a stoic professionalism. Thankfully for her, Leonard did not seem to mind at all, his present faculties focused on the cat in his hand.

"A glass of apple juice, a mug of cocoa and coffee, two cream two sugar." The moss cowl then lifted from the cat upon his lap, rolling towards the two figures opposite.

"Et tu? It'll be my treat." After a short nod to his two prospective accomplices, the young man's attention returned to the cat, lifting it up before him. A pause, as Leonard contemplated testing whether felines do in fact always land feet first.

"You see, I've wanted to experience the eccentricities of Japanese subculture ever since I have arrived, but my studies don't offer me much liberties to. . ."

He paused, his attention falling to the cat as it tried to escape his fingers.

". . . become distracted."

Ironically, their benefactor was becoming quite distracted, was he not? Already he had spun a whole tangent, completely diverging from the purpose of this gathering.

Ah but before that, the actors must first be assembled. Just who have answered the calls of this bewildering individual, at this bewildering place?
Edited by KAHO, May 19 2017, 03:13 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kyrielite
Member Avatar
コンセントにチンコ突っ込んでしびれ死ぬといいわ!
"Nishishishi~♪ So you're the person I got sent to help huh?"

Posted Image
"The association doesn't get to complain about me being too noticeable anymore if this is the kind of person they sent me to help." Iona said, scrutinising her new charge as she seated herself at the table.

She spoke in English of course.

Besides probably being more familiar to European magi, most Japanese somehow managed to be terrible at it, despite over 10 years of mandatory lessons in school.

In contrast to the person across the table, she was the very image of someone who'd frequent a place like this. A cute red dress and white skirt, topped off with a matching hat and black tie made her the very image of a trendy young girl who frequented the more fashionable districts of town.

"Department of Sealing Designation Enforcement, Number Fourteen." she introduced herself.

It was a number that held a certain reputation. Even as secretive as the tower was, certain rumours always got through - especially service reputations as stained as hers.

The Bloody Fourteenth. The Irresponsible. Miss Bloodbath. The Unfortunate Master of Botched Operations. The lady of International Incidents. The "Number Two Person They Do Not Want to Be On a Mission With."

All names she'd picked up over her service. Some of it unfair and undeserved, some of it understated. All of it unfortunate.

And this was the person the association dispatched to help Leonard. It was almost as if they wanted him to fail. Or Die. Or Both.

"Iona Nuada Nic Raghnall." she said, a confident smirk on her face "Well, just Iona is fine too."
Edited by Kyrielite, May 20 2017, 01:53 AM.

Lawman
Member Avatar
Die, Steak, Die!
"First off, thanks for the treat; even if this is an admittedly odd choice for a venue," and to round out the motley trio consisting of a mysterious and oddly chipper young man in a mask and cowl, a blonde girl in a stylish red outfit, the last one to complete the gathering is a burly, buzz-cut man in his 30's dressed in a black business suit sans necktie, and a pair of marksman-styled sunglasses.

It was with the death of a Senki Academy student that the petrification murders hit the media spotlight, and that SERAPH saw it fit to join in with the investigation efforts - after all, considering that the academy is one of SERAPH's most valued assets, any attack on Senki Academy through its student body would be viewed as an attack on SERAPH's interests.

It wasn't something that SERAPH could afford to continue playing the role of an observer - and as such, Takeshi would receive orders from Lavender over the CHOIR network informing him of his assignment.

And it was along the course of his investigations - consulting with police forensics, pouring through criminal records, questioning possible leads, and the works - that saw his paths cross with these pair of wizards; well, one of them certainly fit the bill where the archetype was concerned, while the other... let's just say that looks can be deceiving.

"Name's Matsumoto Takeshi, field agent for SERAPH Task Force ALPHA," Takeshi nodded, introducing himself after the blonde girl, Iona - with the agent speaking in surprisingly good English; or not really surprising given that he was born and raised in Singapore. With that, the big man would tilt his head slightly as his gaze rested upon the hooded young man, the one member in the trio who'd yet to introduce himself.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KAHO
Member Avatar
The shaded hood turned to Iona as she began to speak, attentive to every word as the cat in his hand tried to twist itself out of Leonard's grip. For better or for worse, his thick gloves prevented any of the manicured claws from raking flesh.

"Men should be what they seem," Leonard spoke airily, as finding humor in the Enforcer's words. He inclined his head slightly, in what could be interpreted as a heavy nod or a light bow, before replying "The Fourteenth Enforcer, your reputation suggested a much more intimidating mein. I should be honored that they felt that my plea necessitated your talents, Lady Calamity." Whoever they were, in particular, Leonard had no idea. The Association colored itself in so many colors that the mosaic was downright nauseating at times.

That lent to the other individual that had taken his plea.

"Honestly, it is my responsibility, whether consciously or not, it was my plea that brought you here. The least I can do is try to accommodate." Of course, why he felt a cat cafe made an ideal spot would remain a mystery. Thus, the three sat in a solidarity provided only from the dynamical void formed from their presence. Well, with the exception of Iona. What's more, the three individuals felt it imperative to hold their conversation in a foreign tongue. Thankfully, Leonard paid in yen.

"We could have held our soiree at the Manor, but that would've implicated the dynamics of our exchange." The arrival of these two individuals had gone against Leonard's expectations. He had expected some mindless slates with a high luck stat, but instead he got two individuals, each seasoned in their own right and each pulled taunt with strings. One to an international governmental body and the other akin to the Association's secret police.

Leonard's grasp lazed, allowing the cat to scurry to the floor and away.

"As you may or may not know, my name is Leonard Evitsgardt. A Magus of the Mage's Association here on study. My expertise lie in biology and planetology, and it is with my plea that you two gather here today." The hooded man leaned forward, covering more of his face. Despite that, his voice was still clear.

"I assume you are all aware of the string of events over the past week. In particular they interest me greatly." Leonard's voice dropped low. "Thus, I would like to propose a partnership, a working agreement between those players assembled at this table."

Turning to the Enforcer, Leonard continued.

"Iona Nuada Nic Raghall. I believe your experience and capabilities as an Enforcer to be an essential addition to the party." He nodded, confirming his words to himself and the Enforcer. After all, it would no doubt be obvious to him and Iona that magecraft of some sort was involved. There may have been many means to turn flesh to stone, but very few of which may be done so without discovery and the occult.

"And you, Matsumoto Takeshi, possess a quality that neither I or Iona can ever accomplish with Magecraft. That of authority. You see, the Association has never been the one to give much weight to local jurisdiction. A partnership with Seraph, however, would give us the access to delve to the truth of this matter."

Of course, such a partnership came with its own strings, particularly when the Association was trying to increase its public standing in the Orient. Additionally, Leonard was hardly qualified to officially sanction any action or resources at all from the Association, his word of partnership only extended to himself and possibly Iona. But, with the branch leader otherwise predisposed and the Association being a whole continent away, he should be fine with a few loose words over a cafe table.

"So what say you? Let us put our concerns and intentions to text." The robed man gestured gingerly, motioning them to speak after hearing out his spiel.

Kyrielite
Member Avatar
コンセントにチンコ突っ込んでしびれ死ぬといいわ!
Posted Image
"Putting it that way makes me seem like some sort of bomb or something..."

She was used working to alongside all sorts of weirdos while carrying out her tasks for the association, doubly so when the church was involved, but this was the first time someone had been that blunt and upfront about it on their first meeting.

It was worse because they didn't even seem to be insulting about it either. The enforcement division's internal reputation was largely mixed, but rarely was it ever positive.

"Anyway, the dispatch order just said to help you with... whatever it is you're doing about the problem." she said, establishing about what she knew of the situation "So it doesn't cross the usual lines, I'm supposed to go along with it."

That is to say, that it didn't endanger the practice of magecraft or the association itself. What people actually did was irrelevant, so long as it didn't threaten the tower or it's image to the public.

There were a few other lines of course, but every magus knew those ones. It was why a group of self-absorbed scholars had seen fit to have a branch dedicated to enforcement of sealing orders to begin with, and why noone in the association liked them very much.

"Also I think your cat is flailing."

Lawman
Member Avatar
Die, Steak, Die!
"That makes sense to have a man of your academic fields to be in this investigation," Takeshi nodded as the hooded man introduced himself as one Leo Evitsgard, whom in his own words presented the Mages Association as a Magus, whose expertise lies in planetology and biology. Even if this was Takeshi's first encounter with Magus from the Mages Association in person, he'd at least heard of them via SERAPH's records on various institutions, both governmental and NGO's alike. And from what he could gather, they were an academic body dedicated to scholastic studies on the occult and the paranormal. Which would probably be just the kind of people he might have to partner with in order to get anywhere on this case.

"We've at least made one deduction thus far - that whoever, or whatever is behind these recent petrification muders, is most likely not human," the SERAPH agent added, recounting how SERAPH's team of agents had been sent to assist crime scene investigators to comb the scene of the crime for evidence, which has to date turned out nothing in the way of incriminating evidence or any leads as to who or what might be behind these activities. "So with regards to that I'd say your talents would be of great help to this investigation." Afterall, who better to help in hunting for what might be an otherworldly killer, than those who are versed in studying the otherworldly?

"That would be right, Mr. Evitsgard," Takeshi nodded, holding up his right hand with his index finger raised and giving his digit a slight wag. "With the connections and resources of SERAPH, for the purposes of assisting with this investigation you will be granted authority in this case, I will see to it that we have the assistance of the local jurisdiction - sharing of information on law enforcement databases, access to the crime scene, the works," the agent added, lifting his middle finger on his right hand to join his index finger in making a '2' sign. "Only one thing though, this cooperation works both ways - it also calls for you to act in accordance to the protocols set forth by the local jurisdiction."

"So Ms. Raghall would have it nailed there," Takeshi remarked, glancing over at the blonde who seemed to be more interested in the cat in Leo's arms than the discussion on the case - so far, anyway. "There would be certain lines that aren't to be crossed - always make sure you follow the proper protocols regarding warrants, and rules of engagement." And the agent hoped that things would stay that way - any breach of protocol afterall, would end up being on him.

KAHO
Member Avatar
"Then as stated, let it be so. We have no intention to go about stepping on toes; for what its worth, I like to think my oral words are as binding as any written contract." Leonard dipped his cowl at the man, halfway between a salute and a nod. Takeshi seemed to be a particularly orderly and straight individual; a constant, so to speak, as opposed to the smiling Enforcer. Leonard could appreciate how a steadfast nature would be beneficial.

"After all, I believe the Mage's Association would prefer to amend its relations in the Orient." For centuries, the European based society had held a innate prejudice against its neighbors to the south east, one that was not entirely based on a schism of magical theory.

"Lady Calamity is certainly an ally of justice. An haphazard justice, but none will argue that she gets results." Turning to said Enforcer, the young man nodded, acknowledging her position.

"In that case, allow me to bring you up to speed." Finally, after much struggle, Leonard relented his hold of the cat, allowing it to routine to its leisurely romping.

Posted Image
"To my knowledge, there has been three cases of petrification to date. The exact time is unknown, but all three statues were found within days of each other, each in a different district of the island." Leonard paused here, turning towards Takeshi.

"The names of the victims are Alexander Corbeil, Kaito Satake and. . . Nagisa Mihara, second year student of Senki Academy. This would be the extent of my knowledge with my current faculties." In essence, Leonard's information was basic; anyone with any news outlet and a mild interest would be able to acquire these facts easily enough.

"Takeshi, what headway has the official investigation made? You mentioned that you do not suspect a human culprit. Even if it is nothing more than a guess, I would like to hear both of your speculations and rationales."

Kyrielite
Member Avatar
コンセントにチンコ突っ込んでしびれ死ぬといいわ!
Posted Image
"I'm... not really sure if that's better or worse, but sure."

It was at least to some degree, compliment-shaped, even if it largely failed by every other possible measure.

Well, it was something at least, though she'd rather it not get brought up. Being aware of one's reputation and having it brought up and interpreted in weird ways were two completely different things.

"Anyway, what it actually is isn't really my problem." she shrugged. More accurately, she didn't actually care what it was. "I'm just supposed to make sure you don't die before this gets resolved, or stab whatever it is doing it, whichever is more convenient for people."

Lawman
Member Avatar
Die, Steak, Die!
"That would be correct," Takeshi nodded as Leo named the three victims that had been found to date - Alexander Corbeil, an English tutor; Saito Katake, a homeless man; and lastly Nagisa Mihara, a second-year student of Senki Academy. "Well, for starters, there were no signs of foul play when the victims were found in their petrified state," the agent remarked as he procured a folder from an office bag that was carried with him, placing several photographs on the table so that the three of them could peruse them.

"That would be Alexander Corbeil - or what's left of him anyway," Takeshi remarked as the first of the photographs to be shown depicted a late middle-aged man seated at his table, and another photo taken close-up of the statue that was once a man showed a neutral, expressionless countenance. "The first thing the police found when they came upon the scene was that there were no signs of a forced entry into his apartment; the only fingerprints crime scene investigators could find were that of Alexander's own. So there's the possibility that the culprit was wearing gloves, or it simply isn't the work of human hands."

"But here's where it gets more baffling - remember what I said earlier about no signs of foul play? The whole place was tidy and clean as a whistle - investigators found no signs of a struggle, and the fact that Mr. Corbeil was just sitting there without a care in the world seemed to suggest that the pertrification happened just like that - all of a sudden," and with that Takeshi would hold up his right hand to snap his fingers to emphasise on the suddenness of it all. "It's like he was minding his own business one moment, and the next he's a lifeless statue before he even knew what hit him."

"And this brings us to Mr. Saito," Takeshi remarled as he moved the Alexander photos aside to give the two magi a clearer look at the second victim, depicting a statue of a disheveled man frozen in mid-stride with his arm outstretched and a foot forward as if he was approaching someone, while a close-up shot of his face showed an open mouth and wide eyes. "Again, no signs of a struggle, no signs of the victims' personal possessions being taken - now his expression would be something one might expect, although on a closer look it could be interpreted as an expression of concern rather than horror," the SERAPH agent added.

"It would be as if he were approaching someone or something on the trail, just right before he became a statue... and now this brings us to #3," Takeshi would move the photos of Katake to the side, to bring the photos of Nagisa Mihara to the forefront - unlike the other two who at least managed to stay whole after their petrification, the poor girl appeared to be turned into stone, then broken apart. "Ms. Nagisa's petrified form was found broken apart at the time she was found by the boy who was dating her - most disconcerting of them all, was the fact that after forensics pieced her remains together did they discover that her head and right hand were missing."

"Considering you're collaborating with SERAPH and the local jurisdiction on this case, I would advise that due process be respected," Takeshi interjected as Iona chimed in about stabbing whoever was responsible. "If whoever or whatever is behind these murders is sapient and capable of communication through human means, my order is to bring them in alive so that they can be tried for their crimes - lethal force would be a last resort in the event we have no other options," the agent concluded.

"But, back on topic, based on what forensics were able to gather at the crime scene - yeah, that was what led to the conjecture that whoever or whatever is behind this may be nonhuman, or of an otherworldly nature."
Edited by Lawman, Jun 6 2017, 12:41 AM.

KAHO
Member Avatar
"No struggle." Then again, he did not expect laymen to be able to properly recognize magecraft. Leonard glazed over the photographs Takeshi brought out, devouring them with his unseen eyes. It was as the agent said, none of the frozen mien betrayed any sign of alarm or conflict. Corbeil was almost statuesque; a portrayal of harrowed mundanity and stress, whereas Katase obviously portraying some form of recognition. But to what? Drawing a finger over the frozen eyes, Leonard wondered just what did those eyes see as their light was drawn to stone. Though there were no doubt connections between them, they each contained incongruities that were just enough to raise the brow.

Particularly when it came to Nagisa Mihara. A broken statue, whereas the others were hole. The cowl shifted left and right, drooping like hanging vines.

"Fear not. I respect the binding words and, to the best of my abilities, will remind Iona to do so as well." Perhaps Takeshi had some inkling to the true nature of the Enforcers, either way, Leonard would peg the Lady Calamity as the recipient of that comment. If the perpetrator turned out to be a magus. . .

"You make a sound case. The method employed and the seeming lack of relation between the victims suggests that there is no human logic behind the deaths." As the spoke, the server returned with the three drinks, placing them in the middle of the table before scurrying away hurriedly.

"Or just badly written happenstance. But that would be much too droll. Boring." A musing thought to himself, Leonard hoarded the drinks, lining them up before himself. After some deliberation, he picked up the juice, held within glass, and began swirling the contents gingerly like some alchemic cocktail.

"With that premise, I would like to ask for permission to examine the statues." The magus seemed to roll its shoulders, judging by the furling of his mantle. "Deductive reasoning, abducting reasoning, general guessing and investigative ability aren't part of my character description." Leonard turned to Iona, inclining his cowl.

"I will leave the footwork to you, Lady Calamity." The vigor in the young man's swirling escalated, almost breaching the cusp. "Takeshi, if you grant my request, you may use her as you please, following proper guidelines and all. As I have stated before, she is very accomplished."

Kyrielite
Member Avatar
コンセントにチンコ突っ込んでしびれ死ぬといいわ!
"Uhm, just in case, you know what we enforcers usually do right?" Iona asked, just to be sure.

She was quite certain he did. It was a fairly open secret at the association, but it didn't hurt to make sure. Besides, the silly functionary beside her might not. Not that she believed anyone would be dull enough to actually fall for the public image of being some sort of magic police in pursuit of some finely tuned magical justice.

Not even magical girl shows were that absurd anymore.

"I mean we do look into things, but mostly we just get rid of things the old farts at the tower find inconvenient..."

After all, if they were actually top notch investigators, there would be a lot fewer errant mages with sealing designations out in the world. It just so happened that people who became inconvenient usually were so because they happened to end up in the public eye in a way that the association found displeasing. Generally because they did terrible things and made them look bad.

Of the two, the latter was a far more serious crime than the former.

Iona frowned as she thought about her options.

There was probably no helping it. Nonmagical types always got things wrong anyway, and inevitably they made it worse by doing something stupid that seemed logical to them at the time, and that would probably get her yelled at.

"Well, not that we have a choice I guess." she grumbled
Edited by Kyrielite, Jun 1 2017, 01:39 PM.

Lawman
Member Avatar
Die, Steak, Die!
"Wait, didn't you say something about treating... um, nevermind..." As the nekomimi-costumed maid served the drinks Leo had supposedly ordered earlier, the cowled wizard would end up hoarding the drinks and mixing them together. Takeshi wanted to remind him that he'd said something earlier about buying drinks for them, but he wasn't sure if that was entirely a polite thing to do to remind him about it.

But then again, it's his money that he's tossing away anyway. While hot cocoa and coffee didn't sound like too weird a cocktail, adding the apple juice to it was just... ugh. And then here's hoping that he didn't either try to get him to drink that (at least in his eyes) now-revolting mixture, or somehow weasel his way out of paying the bill.

"Glad to be able to come to an understanding and cooperation here," Takeshi nodded as he straightened his shades," while Iona was seemingly the more 'normal' of the two magi, the agent's gut instincts warned him that she was actually the one whom he'd need to be more wary of - though Leo seemed to offer the reassurance that she wasn't one to act without his cues.

"And as to examining the remains of the victims, you have my permission - I'll even take you there myself," the agent remarked as he picked up and put away the photographs before gesturing behind himself with his left thumb. "Car's parked two blocks down the lane, and the petrified remains of the victims are currently in the forensics lab at the police station. But first things first, you gonna finish your drink first, or...?" Takeshi raised an eyebrow at the sight of Leo's "cocktail".

Either way, he'd first wait for the magus to get the bill settled, before leading them over to his car that was parked at a vehicle parking lot two blocks away from the cafe.

KAHO
Member Avatar
"What a silly question," Leonard mused. Of course he knew what the Enforcers were capable of; what they were charged to do. "To ensure the peace and well-being of the Association, and to ensure that all members follow its policies." There was probably something related to vampires as well, but, at the end of it all, the statements made by both Iona and Leonard meant the same thing.

Upon Takeshi's confirmation, the swirling concoction ceased. Leonard nodded several times, drawing his gaze away once more. As Takeshi had predicted, the subject of drinks had long leaked out from the Magus' thoughts. Instead, his attention was now aligned with the opening for progress. Independent and non-sanctioned speculation could only provide so much.

"Then let us be off," Leonard remarked, smiling behind his plate. No doubt the employees of this establishment would also be grateful for the departure of the trio. Reaching beneath his mantle, Leonard withdrew some coins seemingly at random; another cut to the Far East Branch's already taunt budget. As Takeshi made mention of the drinks, Leonard paused, following his motion. There, he stared at the calming swirl, as if seeing it for the first time, before shaking his head.

Lifting from his seat, the man's undulations continued, "My thirst is elsewhere now, Takeshi. You may help yourself, if you do not mind. I am eager to see what these 'statues' have to say."

Ashen precipitate settled within the cup, as Leonard made his way to the door.

Thus, began the trio's trek to Takeshi's car. Though, to say that the short walk was silent would be inaccurate. Despite leaving the confines of the cafe, Leonard's mind had not taken a single step from this mystery.

"Ahh, I had forgotten. How careless of me." Turning towards the two, Leonard posed a question. "Pray, do either of you recall just where was the second victim found?"

Kyrielite
Member Avatar
コンセントにチンコ突っ込んでしびれ死ぬといいわ!
"Right... sure."

What an entirely optimistic answer, she thought. It was cute. It was textbook. It was exactly what the upper management would want to hear. It was also a blatant lie.

Well, she supposed it would probably be fine. It was technically a case that was in pursuit of keeping something magical in line, even if the reason was because "it made the tower look bad" rather than any real sense of justice.

In her years at the tower, the number of people who had any interest in such things that she'd met was a value she could count on her fingers.

"Anyway it was some mountain trail or whatever. Secret Agent Man here probably does."

Lawman
Member Avatar
Die, Steak, Die!
"Well then, let's get going," Takeshi remarked as Leo paid for the drinks he ordered that he ultimately ended up not drinking - and after mixing them like that, who could blame him? Regardless, the SERAPH agent was glad that they could get moving. "And uh, no thanks - I think I'll just buy a juice box from the police station's vending machine," he added, waving his hands as Leo offered the "cocktail" to the agent.

"Ms. Raghall would be correct," Takeshi added as the trio were making their way to the parking lot where the agent's car was located - a silver-gray Lexus LS 600h L. "The second victim, Saito Katake - retired middle manager, was found by a passing couple on a hiking trail at Mount Kaneshima," the agent remarked, confirming the blonde magus' point as Leo asked about the second victim, as he went through the digital copies of the Saito Katake case on his AR interface, a series of images and text windows superimposing themselves over the corner of his field of vision.

A beeping noise would be heard as Takeshi unlocked the doors to his car, first opening the door next to the driver's seat and a rear door to as a gesture for the wizards to get on, before himself getting into the driver's seat. "Why'd you ask anyway? You'd rather check out the crime scene first?" he asked, fastening his seatbelt before turning the ignition key, the engine revving to life.

KAHO
Member Avatar
Leonard hovered about the car after Takeshi designated his vehicle; a hybrid sedan in a silver color. The Magus spent some time inspecting the sheen, as if filling some some mental checklist. Satisified, he nodded once, chuckling gingerly to himself.

"It would be more fitting if it was completely black, with tinted windows." Though his words may've suggested he was speaking to Takeshi, both his gaze and tone were contrary to that assumption. When the door was opened, Leonard shuffled into the back seat, allowing Iona to take the front. It was less an action sprouted from chivalry but one from comfort. With his mantle creeping into both sides, it was the most sensible. Besides, from the rear middle seat, he could gaze at the respective sides of both Takeshi and Iona's face without turning his own head.

"I would prefer to refrain from adopting that role," Leonard said when Takeshi questioned investigating the scene of the crime. "I'm a researcher, not an investigator. However. . . "

Leonard bobbed his head.

"That is a marvelous idea. It would definitively lead to further progression. Do you have any leads in that manner?"

Kyrielite
Member Avatar
コンセントにチンコ突っ込んでしびれ死ぬといいわ!
"Hah.... then why'd you ask?"

Wait, that wasn't why he wanted to?

Iona decided not to think about it, and just go with it. It was rare when she wasn't the most insane person assigned to something. Well, not that she cared. As far as she was concerned, it was fine so long as a situation was sufficiently dealt with that she didn't get yelled at.

Still, deep in her bones, she somehow felt this was going to be a long day.

Lawman
Member Avatar
Die, Steak, Die!
"They say black is a man's colour afterall," Takeshi chuckled as Leo remarked that the car would probably look better with tinted windows and a black colour scheme. "Huh, when you asked I initially thought you wanted to go to where Mr. Saito's remains were found because you had a hunch or something that there might be some possible leads the crime scene investigators could've left out," the agent added with a shrug at the hooded magus' revelation that he was more of a researcher rather than an investigator - well, so much for nothing.

"Alright then, to the police station," Takeshi commented as he drove them to the police station as per Leo's request, to take him to check on the remains of the three victims.

Posted Image

Located in the Kaneshima City suburbs, the headquarters of the Kaneshima Police Department was located some ways off from the hustle and bustle of the commercial districts of the city. "Right this way," Takeshi signalled for the magi to follow as he parked his car at one of the reserved lots and made his way to the reception counter past the main entrance, stopping to purchase a can of peach soda at a vending machine, before weaving through the hallways to lead them to the forensics lab.

"Well, here we are," Takeshi remarked as he opened the door to the forensics lab, a clean room where lab technicians could conduct analysis of the evidence - and in the middle of the room was a weatherproof tarp that was laid out, with the petrified remains of the three victims resting upon the sheet. "So what do you think? Maybe you might be able to shed some light on what happened to them?" he asked as he stepped aside to allow the magi to step forth to get a closer look.

KAHO
Member Avatar
"Certainty," Leonard answered Iona's quip without missing a beat. His muffled voice came out clear over the bustle of both the car and street. Iona would feel weight of the gemed eyes' gaze upon her shoulder.

"There is only one rule." The weight disappeared. "There can be no contradictions." Leonard then huffed, seemingly crossing his arms beneath his mantle as he moved on to Takeshi's comment.

"Kaito Satake's circumstance is the most boring of the bunch."

Leonard would sit the rest of the trip in silence. In fact, it will not be until Takeshi had escorted the two Magi to the forensics lab before he showed any sign of animation. Running on the tip of his toes, the hooded Magus sauntered over to the side of the table.

Three bodies, three fates.

One was in a seated position, placed awkwardly on his bum. Without a chair, Alexander looked like he was entranced in some awkward exercise. His eyes were open, casted towards his chest; perhaps he was looking at something upon his desk? Similarly, one hand was clenched, whereas the other was flat and before him. Indeed, if it were not for his bizarre location and hue, he seemed like any other man working a desk, albeit in some stoned sleepwear.

Next, Katake's posture is much as how Takeshi had described it. Unlike Alexander, his body would've looked more natural upon the tarp, save for the frozen expression and slightly outstretched hand. Various small debris, stains and marks decorated the statue, becoming more frequent the lower he went.

"People's expressions always look so off putting when they are robbed of motion," Leonard muttered in observation. Painters and photographers go through some experience to be able to immortalise natural expressions on people. But, when they are frozen so suddenly, none would have the time to adopt something more photogenic.

And that left their tragic heroine; Nagisa Mihara.

"Poor dame," Leonard cooed softly to the disassembled pieces. Not much could be told from the rubble. She was probably standing, relatively straight with a slight shift backwards given by the lock of her knees. Her arm, meanwhile, was shattered into so many pieces that it made it difficult to picture just what she was doing. It did not help that the statue was also missing some significant notables.

"With not even a face to put a name." Shuffling about the tarp, Leonard peered at the stump the remained of the neck. He reached out a gloved hand, before prancing it back within his mantle. This dance went on for a few more minutes, no doubt eerie for the other two within the room.

Then, Leonard returned to Alexander, tugging at his robe. It is now, that he finally did spoke.

"It seems to be as I expected, yet also as I had feared and I had hoped." Leonard turned to Iona and Takeshi, his mask scrawled with the snake's grin.

"It seems to be neither poison or disease. See, how even the clothes are stone? See here, in our faceless dame, how the innards of her neck is of a sole consistency?" Leonard crossed his arm, bobbing his head once more. "Biology is not so indiscriminate yet so specific."

Then, with a sudden flourish, Leonard placed a finger on Mihara's clothed belly, where he tapped out a short medley of metal and stone.

"Her head. I want her head. What happened to her head?"

Kyrielite
Member Avatar
コンセントにチンコ突っ込んでしびれ死ぬといいわ!
During the course of her work, Iona had certainly seen petrification before. It was about as inevitable for an enforcer as mondays and outbreaks of undead.

Though the means and ways varied, certain things never changed. One was the method - Medusa, Basilisks, Magi, they all operated off the same principle. Flood a target with your magical energy and freeze it, solidifying your victim into something. Most often stone. It was almost irresistible by commoners, but someone with a lot of magical flow (such a magus) generally could resist at least for awhile.

The other was dealing with the aftermath - you largely wished a more interesting fate befell them, because looking at statues got very boring very quickly, as far as she's concerned.

"Well if you really want my opinion, then yep, they're definitely petrified." she said flippantly
Edited by Kyrielite, Jun 9 2017, 11:15 PM.

2 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Kaneshima Broadway · Next Topic »
Add Reply

- Affiliates -
- Hosting and Directory Affiliates -
FreeDomain.co.nr
RPG-D
Shadowplay Topsites
RPG Initiative
RPG Initiative Topsites
- Forum Board Affiliates -
Senki Academy
Shinigami Generation
Theme/Skin created by Menindrag. Find more great designs at the ZetaBoards Theme Zone.

All images and creative content on Senki Academy are properties of their respective creators. If you're a creator and object to seeing your content displayed on this site, please contact the admin. We respect your wishes as a creator and will honour all requests for content removal.