Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Carrots and Sticks; Seiten
Topic Started: Oct 12 2016, 05:48 AM (416 Views)
Flambe

In times of quiet, there would always be somebody who would disturb the peace and create havoc once more. In this case, a certain laughing girl was the catalyst for this particular incident. Snatching people was not her specialty, but she had managed to kidnap somebody right out of a plane without people noticing.

In fact, there was just one piece of evidence left behind. All the investigators could find was a card, a small little piece of plastic with a simple logo on it. It was a stylized '0', one that looked like it was made from twisted tree branches. It was something that seemed like a red herring, but was rather a nonsensical greeting that only few could recognize. To the investigator that had been called out, it was more than a simple 'hello'.

It was a challenge from somebody who had struck out against her loved ones.

Of course, it wasn't easy to get her all the way there. It took a series of 'anonymous tips', all designed to create a trail to the bridge. They were as nonsensical as the criminal who had started the game, but the laughing girl had faith that her chosen target would figure them out.

And so, the final stop was on the bridge. It was a cold night, and traffic was sparse. If there was going to be any help, it would not come from the few drivers who would pass by, bleary eyed and tired. No, the detective would have to step on dangerous ground to resolve this case.

In a patch of darkness, where the lights were smashed with cheerful ease, a giggling monster awaited her enemy.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

Seiten was... Upset. The wind all around where she passed changed violently, blowing the trench coat she was wearing against her body, as if pushing her forward, various things flying to violent gusts of air, newspaper, bags, leaves... But it all led here.

"I know you are here. State your business immediately.", she slowly reached inside her coat... What was she going to pull out? A brass knuckle? A gun? A knife? She did not pull out whatever was it she concealed, awaiting for her target to make the first move.

She didn't know who was it, so she refused to show her true self, instead still disguised in human form.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Flambe

The wind blew to and fro, but the girl in the darkness was rather unruffled by the sudden gale. All she did was stand up and turn on her flashlight. The one who stood before the detective was dressed in a full body bear suit, a costumed criminal who was deeply amused by the situation.

"Slow down, Seiten~" The voice came through loud and clear. Though the dragon never heard it before, it matched the description that she had been given before. It was a cheerful contralto, horribly empty with a light Parisian accent. "If you don't take your time, you might just miss the clues. Wouldn't that be a shame, to lose somebody you care about because you were too hasty~? Toss your coat off the side of the bridge and take a seat. Memory aids aren't allowed for this test!"

That voice was Lucid's, and her intent was obvious. The game had already begun, and she would not hesitate to penalize the detective for not playing along.
Edited by Flambe, Oct 12 2016, 06:33 AM.

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

For a brief moment, a stare down was her response... But the voice description was a match. It was sudden, but the air halted. The violent stir was gone... She wanted to question, but for a moment she decided to play along... Was the familiarity in the description of this stranger's voice making her feel more comfortable?

Drawing her hand out, she tossed the coat aside... It didn't fall off the bridge, however, and she looked like any other girl, except for this blue hair of hers that was strangely a natural thing for her. In silence, Seiten gave this person a puzzled stare, expecting another inquiry, but visibly more calm.
Edited by GrimRPer, Oct 12 2016, 06:45 AM.

Flambe

"Zehahaha~ Well, not a bad start. You can read between the lines and all~"

Lucid moved her flashlight's beam to the side, pointing towards the railing insistently as she waddled closer. It seemed like she wanted Seiten to take that seat.

"You've been so obedient up until now. How commendable, doing all this for the sake of resolving your case. That's what it must be! You're here because I've damaged your professional pride, riiiiight~?"

She leaned in, her free hand pressed to the mouth of her bear suit as she giggled.

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

"Professional pride? Pff, as if. SIA is down, I barely had time to look into you before my accident in mission, and that you are somehow connected to Gou.", she did take to the offer of a seat, "I have two simple questions for you, but I want to hear you first. You have my time and attention."

Case? What case? This was a personal matter, and for a moment ago Seiten looked like she was about to MURDER Lucid, but now she was calm and collected... Which is about as dangerous, like a calm before the storm. The girl's behavior was completely unpredictable by now...

Flambe

The bear suited criminal tilted her head. Oh, that was an interesting twist! The two of them were the mercurial sort after all. Lucid clapped at the outcome, amused at the coincidence. It looked like he was drawn to that type, after all.

"How courteous! If you don't mind, I'll start with an easy question. What value does he have, in your view? After all, if you've jumped through the hoops I've set for his sake, it can't just be a little trifling thing between you~"

There was something in her voice, a teasing sort of note like she knew the truth but wanted to hear it from Seiten herself.

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

Seiten chuckled lightly. "Why, you know the answer already! It is obvious, isn't it? I had set my eyes on him since then, that casual walk around the graveyard... It is love, I'm sure of that! ... Say, What are you to him, really?", she started to smirk.

Playing nice seemed to be common between the two, but what was Seiten thinking?! This person before her was a criminal, one that very likely stole her loved one and might be giving him a hard time!

This girl made herself a mystery, she looked far too calm and nice to be true right now...

Flambe

"Oh, you're right. I did know!" Lucid wagged her flashlight around. "But what I know and what reality is happens to be a Venn diagram with little overlap. Independent verification is always nice~"

Leaning on the railing, the tone of the conversation seemed to take an incredibly casual shift as the bear suited criminal turned slightly to Seiten.

"You know what, I'll save the conclusion for afterwards. You did ask me a question~" She rapped her knuckles against the metal side, though it was muffled by the suit. "To him, I might as well be a devil. Torture, humiliation, a whole helping of self-esteem problems on top of what he already had... Well, maybe you should thank me. If I didn't break him down, you wouldn't have your cuddly little pet today~"

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

"Reality... That reminds me of Him. You might have crossed His path, however.", this girl has been aware of Ezan, someone from another timeline that got to this one... But was Lucid aware of his existence? This is not a question she cared for. Better yet, she knew this criminal couldn't break the alien lizard man...

He was a broken healed.

But what Lucid said got on her nerves a little... Just a little. She masked it in a cackle that was almost that of a psycho, but the small crater formed on the concrete was a little worrisome. "Break him? No, what you did was weaken his ego, but don't you know? A cornered mouse will eventually gather courage to fight back! Even the snake can't fight them when they attain courage."

"Now, to the truly important question... Where is he?", her tone and expression had a sudden, serious shift, showing that she meant BUSINESS.

Flambe

Lucid paused in her tracks, looking at Seiten rather askew under her mask for a few awkward moments before clearing her throat.

"Umm, that's really non-specific. When you say 'Him', that could be anywhere between 50 to 60 people I know who can be referred to like that. So... Maybe? I guess?" She shrugged before continuing on. "And so what if Gou's braver than he looks? Doesn't matter. I still snatched him away. What good is courage when it just means you get tranquilized and hidden in luggage?"

Lucid paused for effect, though Seiten got serious at that point. The intensity of the dragon's stare could only be matched by the emptiness in the monster's hidden eyes.

"Oh, my~ So, you really are going to try and force it out of me, huuuh?" Lucid pointed her flashlight back to the patch of darkness she had emerged from, illuminating a black duffel bag. It was much too small to fit Gou's entire body, unless....

"There's your answer. Why don't you open it up, Seiteeeen~?"

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

"Joseph Joestar had to put his brain and courage into action in worst situations. His mother was hit by Karz twice in the same day and he lost his arm in Karz incident.", chances are Lucid wouldn't know about JoJo series, which Seiten was been into for a while.

She looked to the bag, frowning. She knew there were two possibilities for a Gou to fit in there: either he was bound and gagged in such a manner that a small space would be uncomfortable... Or... "He better be in one piece, OR ELSE...", an azure mist seeping from her mouth was a warning.

Lucid now had evidence: This girl was far from normal! And she was going to open the bag to check if he was in there and if he was okay.

Flambe

"Well yeah, but how is that going to help against me? This is also fic-" Lucid stopped herself, then wagged one mittened hand at Seiten. "Oh, you~ I almost hit Zero Sum there. Let's not talk about that~"

She waddled along with the detective, her flashlight illuminating the bag as they both got closer. The tension only grew as the zipper was undone...

Only to be dispelled when Lucid swatted Seiten across the rear.

"Zehahaha~ Lighten up, it's actually a treasure hunt!"

Inside the bag was several bundles of 10,000 yen notes and a paper mache copy of Gou's head. It was a depiction of him sleeping, yet its face had a light purple shade to it. The giggling monster stepped to the side and thrust her hand at the first clue.

"The money is payment for the case you're about to take on. The rules are simple! Find the bags of cash and clues, put them together into a whole body, and use that evidence to find him! Just don't take too long. It'd be bad for us if you did~"

Her giggle was rather sinister sounding this time, oddly enough. With a small, almost dance-like step, the bear suit struck a pose.

"Any last questions~?"

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

The slap made her produce a funny noise, better described as a low squeak. When she observed it better and heard the call of a treasure hunt... A quizzical look took over. "Treasure hunter?! What?!", even Seiten is confused by this sudden mood swing to the situation.

But was this criminal hiring her? And this money... She would verify later if it was legit, but a case is a case anyways, and something to keep her entertained. "Only one thing has got me thinking now, and I want a really, REALLY good answer to this, you have to be honest with me...", fetching the bag, having closed it up and then heading for her coat, she prepared to ask a question, their last one for the night.

"You are a criminal, I followed a few leads into you and none pleased me, you certainly wouldn't permanently break your toy even if you were paid for, if all my guesses and leads are correct, which leaves me with a final question..."

"Why hire the one who was hunting you to begin, instead of someone else?"

Flambe

At that, the bear suit froze. It was eerie to see that she was as still as a statue, blankly staring at the detective for an uncomfortable length of time. When she began to speak again, something seemed a little off with her voice.

"Even love has consequences, Seiten. I'm the one who negotiated the contract that made him into a mahou shounen. Knowing him, and knowing the rules, I instantly knew why he decided to cut ties with his family."

She loomed closer, her posture almost aggressive as she started to speak louder.

"If I had kept my eyes on him, I would've been able to keep things from getting to this point. But no, you just had to fall for him. You're the reason why I had to do this, the reason why I could. Do you think I could've taken him so easily if he was his normal self?"

There was an almost unhinged tone to her voice now, something that Lucid would never display.

"Did it feel good, Seiten? Did it feel great, knowing that he was giving everything up for you? Well, allow me to tarnish that feeling. Nothing comes without a cost. You want him back? You'll have to earn him."

The bear suit's gaze was outright hostile now, though Seiten couldn't see her expression underneath the mask. There was just a long, tense silence before the costumed monster's anger and anguish seemed to evaporate.

"Now you know~ So, get out there. Find him, or don't~"

GrimRPer
Member Avatar

Seiten did not respond as she flung the coat around herself and fit her arms into the sleeves. Nope, she wasn't even twitching a finger. "Did it hurt, Lucid? Did it crunch your heart into nothingness, knowing I was not going to let you close to him for as long as we lived? Well, allow me to push the knife deeper. He dies, you die. I can find you, and I WILL kill you if you ever kill him, or allow him to come to be harmed. You want to be safe from me, or to even have my behind your back? You better play nice.", Seiten's tone wasn't menacing, but the tint of azure around her and seeping from her sleeves was a warning.

"Now I have more important matters to attend to. ... Make your choices wisely: You can obey me and have a dragon to have your back, or you can continue getting on my nerves and see me in your nightmares.", with that, Seiten has taken the bag with her and walked away.

Flambe

The bear suit remained still throughout Seiten's tirade, though the girl underneath was tense. It wasn't fear that made her made her tremble, though it was rather close. In some ways, it was tempting to let the dragon get her way, but she didn't speak up. Not when the smiling monster under her skin had a different idea.

Once the detective left the bridge, she slinked back into the darkness. She had done her part. The Grand Game would go on, and her next role would be that of a victim. Until then, she had time to herself. Sitting against the railing, the girl let out a shaky breath as she took her mask off. Her rust red hair and eyes were wet, from sweat and from tears respectively.

Seiko closed her eyes, her mittened hands pressed to her face as she struggled to maintain her mind. For a moment, she had been herself. That anguish was all hers. For a moment, she relished that bitterness, that despair at having her one light stolen away from her.

It hurt worse than anything she had ever felt before, but it was a feeling that belonged solely to her. Even something as painful as that was a welcome respite from the endless barrage of empty happiness that the laughing girl transmitted into her mind. Still, she wished that things hadn't turned out this way.

Under the endless night, she bid farewell to her dreams. She would never lose herself, but she had lost the one person she wanted to be with. The boy she loved only had eyes for somebody else, so she had to look forward to her future. Putting her bear mask back on, she laughed sadly into the night.

"Oh, well. Who said that I'd ever have a happy end? Love has consequences! I just... I just wish it wasn't...."

Balling her hands into fists, she felt the fake nails gouge into her palms until the trembling stopped. He wouldn't want her to suffer like this, right? Smiling so she could try and forget the pain, she looked forwards. It was a quiet night, a paved path she would have to travel alone.

Seiko Serizawa... No, the second Lucid walked away, head held high with eyes filled with tears.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Great Miyazaki Bridge · Next Topic »
Add Reply

- Affiliates -
- Hosting and Directory Affiliates -
FreeDomain.co.nr
RPG-D
Shadowplay Topsites
RPG Initiative
- Forum Board Affiliates -
Senki Academy
Shinigami Generation
Avalon a Panfandom RP
Theme/Skin created by Menindrag. Find more great designs at the ZetaBoards Theme Zone.

All images and creative content on Senki Academy are properties of their respective creators. If you're a creator and object to seeing your content displayed on this site, please contact the admin. We respect your wishes as a creator and will honour all requests for content removal.